Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a series X from local Gamestop today. Not a bad bundle, came with FC6, Vanguard Cross Gen and NBA2K22. Gonna sell all the games since they were physical copies.

The series X I ordered from Walmart on Dec 13 was delivered today, the order initially said Jan 4 deliver was surprised it got here so early.

Anyone successfully trade a series x for a ps5 locally? I got an order in for a Costco Xbox but in search of a ps5 for my brother. Is the general consensus that they are equally hard to find?

Anyone successfully trade a series x for a ps5 locally? I got an order in for a Costco Xbox but in search of a ps5 for my brother. Is the general consensus that they are equally hard to find?
They are both hard to find, although both are easy to get if you get a direct email invite. But what I can tell you anecdotally is that I hear a lot more people at work saying they want a ps5. Not sure how that translates to the market as a whole, but if the people I know, I can’t picture anyone doing it

the xbox seems to be more common than the ps5 so it would be hard to pull off

Paying for a skin honestly, which is a ripoff since these aren't any better than what has been on sale for the past few weeks for less than half this combined. Only thing more disappointing was the first episode of Book of Fett tonight. Rodriguez is playing it way too safe for fear of pissing off fans, and it's such a slow start for true fans who need no introduction to Fett while being a disservice to new fans by explaining everything which goes against what made him mysterious and intriguing in the first place. Hopefully they get this train rolling before it becomes a wreck.

I’m furious. My original order for the series x was to be paid for with $390 in credit and $224 on my card. Now that I’ve received it I checked my card statement and I had a charge for $450. Checked my ms account and I’ve had credit returned to me. Originally the balance had been wiped out to go towards the console bundle. I’m not sure how this happens but I’m really upset. I need to contact customer service about it, but ms has been no help so many times in the past I’m afraid I’ll be stuck in my situation.

Saw 2 Series X's in the cabinet at Target this morning along with a bunch of Fornite Series S's.  Launched a year ago, and this is the first Series X I've seen in the wild.

Saw 2 Series X's in the cabinet at Target this morning along with a bunch of Fornite Series S's. Launched a year ago, and this is the first Series X I've seen in the wild.
Target has been doing instore sales for Xboxes for a while. Not out of the norm to be able to walk in and buy one in the morning once or twice a month. Usually stock shows online but it you can’t check out. That’s an indicator it’s onsite only sale. If it lets you checkout on the web it’s online only.

Saw 2 Series X's in the cabinet at Target this morning along with a bunch of Fornite Series S's. Launched a year ago, and this is the first Series X I've seen in the wild.
I've got a local store (Not Target) with all consoles in stock. They want $850 for Series X and $950 for PS5.

I've got a local store (Not Target) with all consoles in stock. They want $850 for Series X and $950 for PS5.
Once I went to Best Buy back when the PS2 was a hot selling item and I saw a woman buying 6 PS2s (back then, no restrictions). The funny thing was it was the same woman running a local video game store (Game Fellas in Austin, TX).

2a85ec807fa0ed77cae8c7d4ed9f2d6d.jpg

Local GameStop had this bundle in stock. Sounds like a lot of them are getting these bundles.

2a85ec807fa0ed77cae8c7d4ed9f2d6d.jpg

Local GameStop had this bundle in stock. Sounds like a lot of them are getting these bundles.
Better bundle than mine from last week.

Gamestop I got mine from forced a $100 gamestop gift card, Vanguard for $69.99, Far Cry 6 for $29.99, and 3 month Gamepass subscription for $45. Total was $745 before taxes.

Gamestop had that $659.96 bundle online today, I was going to pull the trigger on it with the credit I got from the ongoing promo but I despise bundles.

Before I spend my points on certs, does anyone know if the $50, $25, etc instore Certs will work on this bundle? My local GS has them available.

edit: my store doesn't have digital versions of the games so they are selling the physical copies with the bundle, bundle cost is $756 lol F that.

Just found a Series X in the wild at GameStop today...  forced bundle of course, and CoD was $70 instead of $45 which is the sale price on the website.

Microsoft is disabling Dev Mode for Xbox One & Series users.
The apparent reasoning given is that the terms and conditions require you to be on the Microsoft Store as a developer within 90 days of purchase. Pretty much anyone who ran out to get an Xbone or Series X|S after seeing a tutorial video in November 2020 are well beyond that timeframe.

The apparent reasoning given is that the terms and conditions require you to be on the Microsoft Store as a developer within 90 days of purchase. Pretty much anyone who ran out to get an Xbone or Series X|S after seeing a tutorial video in November 2020 are well beyond that timeframe.
I read on some random website:
“We disabled Windows and Xbox registration in your Microsoft Partner Center account because it did not have an active Store presence. For reference, see our Developer Code of Conduct which states you must maintain an active Store presence.”
Seems like a good way to encourage individuals to publish a single tutorial created shovel ware title and clutter the store.

XBox hardware is typically junk. All those buying the extended warranty are smart. I’ve been burnt by MicroTrash too many times in the past to ever get another one

His only purpose in this place is to randomly pop up every 6 months and whine about how his 360 red ringed 10 years ago. Easy ignore list add.

What about using extended warranty benefits from you credit cards? I’ve only used a benefit like that once in the past when a printer broke on me. It was somewhat of a hassle because they wanted me to send it in to get repaired but HP doesn’t repair printers. Eventually, once Amex understood/believed me, they just refunded my full original purchase price.

I bought my Series X in part on my Costco visa because they have a 2 year extended warranty benefit

What about using extended warranty benefits from you credit cards? I’ve only used a benefit like that once in the past when a printer broke on me. It was somewhat of a hassle because they wanted me to send it in to get repaired but HP doesn’t repair printers. Eventually, once Amex understood/believed me, they just refunded my full original purchase price.

I bought my Series X in part on my Costco visa because they have a 2 year extended warranty benefit
Costco visa will require a repair quote

Costco visa will require a repair quote
Shouldn’t be an issue to get a repair quote for the console since MS does actually regular the console. I was basically just throwing it out there as an alternative for people rather than shelling out extra for a warranty

I finally got mine over the holiday weekend. Walked Into my local music/record store on Christmas eve and it was just sitting there. I asked if it was an empty box and they were like "lol no. Do you want it?". I did. And now it is mine. The fact that gamestop gave me 330 for my one x the same day is ridiculous. Good times.

You sound like a tool. Havent had a problem with any of my Xbox consoles since the 360.
Agree, Microsoft makes bulletproof consoles. The first half of the ps3 and 360 lives were riddled with issues mainly due to the power pc 5’s heat issues and high wattage demands. It’s the main reason apple dropped that architecture for Intel in the mid 2000s. It just overheated no mater what you did.

They're removing it for people who aren't legit indie devs, I think.

Either way, there's still another way to download emulators so it's really not an issue.

Damn, it's 2 PM and my local Target still has 3 of the Series X in stock. Yet I can't buy one today because of my credit card spending limit... I wish they let people pay online with PayPal and then pick it up.

Looks like all access only
For Target you can buy consoles in store, but online is just all access.

There is a way to add just the console to your cart for online pickup even though it advertised as all access.

bread's done
Back