Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually you can add just the system to your cart and check out for $500 like a regular purchase. I did it before but forgot the process since it's been a while.

My Series X that I ordered from Best Buy on 12/28 just got delayed. (It was due for in store pick-up today.) Anyone else had an issue?

Had I known, I might have tried to get one from Target today. Too late now...

My Series X that I ordered from Best Buy on 12/28 just got delayed. (It was due for in store pick-up today.) Anyone else had an issue?

Had I known, I might have tried to get one from Target today. Too late now...
my BB order for pickup on 12-26 was delayed 2 or 3 days so a delay seems normal

Actually you can add just the system to your cart and check out for $500 like a regular purchase. I did it before but forgot the process since it's been a while.
I wish I knew how that was possible, because I want one, but don't want the All Access nonsense...

I got a PS5 instead of the Series X at Target. The Series X wasn’t popping up on my Target app so I went with the PS5. I’ll be ready next time though.

When you see a Series X all access available at a store location for pick up, you can go to that store and just purchase the system in the electronics section. Target is selling the Series X in store unlike the PS5.

Paying for a skin honestly, which is a ripoff since these aren't any better than what has been on sale for the past few weeks for less than half this combined. Only thing more disappointing was the first episode of Book of Fett tonight. Rodriguez is playing it way too safe for fear of pissing off fans, and it's such a slow start for true fans who need no introduction to Fett while being a disservice to new fans by explaining everything which goes against what made him mysterious and intriguing in the first place. Hopefully they get this train rolling before it becomes a wreck.
hey man, they stopped the train in episode 2!!!!!!!

Being a Star Wars fan since the 70’s I’m enjoying this spin off

i don't know if it's just me but a few scenes so far have looked extremely fake. i don't recall noticing that in the mandalorian.
Dammit! I should have specified that I was referring to the new Boba Fett series, it starts off slow but man I'm enjoying it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey man, they stopped the train in episode 2!!!!!!!

Being a Star Wars fan since the 70’s I’m enjoying this spin off
Agreed, BUT they need to stop making him take his helm off. He should go Karl Urban on their ass and refuse to do more scenes unless the helm stays on IMO. I'm having the exact same problem with the character that I did with Kylo because of it.

Agreed, BUT they need to stop making him take his helm off. He should go Karl Urban on their ass and refuse to do more scenes unless the helm stays on IMO. I'm having the exact same problem with the character that I did with Kylo because of it.
That's not really a thing for Boba Fett, he isn't Mandalorian in the first place, let alone the sect Din is in where that is forbidden. Yeah it worked in the OT to make him "mysterious" and intimidating, but even his dad (well, DNA donor) made it clear the helmet is optional when not needed. Since the majority of the show has been flashback already, where he had lost his helmet anyways, it is understandable.

That's not really a thing for Boba Fett, he isn't Mandalorian in the first place, let alone the sect Din is in where that is forbidden. Yeah it worked in the OT to make him "mysterious" and intimidating, but even his dad (well, DNA donor) made it clear the helmet is optional when not needed. Since the majority of the show has been flashback already, where he had lost his helmet anyways, it is understandable.
It makes him out to be careless, not fearless. What I'm referring to is when he's just at the cantina or walking around outside after a fight FFS. Even at Jabba's Palace he wasn't this stupid or careless when it's clear he's being contested at every turn for the "throne". Just poor writing IMO.

It makes him out to be careless, not fearless. What I'm referring to is when he's just at the cantina or walking around outside after a fight FFS. Even at Jabba's Palace he wasn't this stupid or careless when it's clear he's being contested at every turn for the "throne". Just poor writing IMO.
Or he's just flexing because he is a bad ass who doesn't fear anything? He's also much older now and we don't have any canon that this contradicts. I'm certainly not the exact same person I was decades ago. Anyway, I'm enjoying it. Sorry that you aren't.

Seeing BK show up in the last episode was awesome. Between that and Tosche Station, how much else do they have to do to prove themselves as fans of all the source material?

I'm hopping we get an appearance from 0-0-0, but Aphra herself is more likely. She wouldn't even be that old.

Or he's just flexing because he is a bad ass who doesn't fear anything? He's also much older now and we don't have any canon that this contradicts. I'm certainly not the exact same person I was decades ago. Anyway, I'm enjoying it. Sorry that you aren't.

Seeing BK show up in the last episode was awesome. Between that and Tosche Station, how much else do they have to do to prove themselves as fans of all the source material?

I'm hopping we get an appearance from 0-0-0, but Aphra herself is more likely. She wouldn't even be that old.
I don't buy it. I do buy that it was written for the scene that way, which is a disservice. It's a nerd nitpick and the only thing that is actually jarring for me while watching; as a fan it feels off.

I'd say Bossk will make an appearance either during the season or finale, since they're close friends. We've seen an awful lot of Trandoshans so far and all just crowd characters, which I'd have to believe weren't created just for a few seconds of screen time. Might get a Cad Bane reference, but I don't think he'd show up for a while if ever (not room enough for two badasses heh). I will be curious to see if they do anything with Fort Tusken though, since they're taking so much time on them as backstory. Guessing he does call on them for support which would take him there.

Oh and I forgot to mention I VERY much doubt that Pykes would take being taxed on their train route that easily. You want to talk crime syndicates, Jabba was a thug compared to them LOL.

This thread doesn’t need to be pinned any more
Are Xbox Series X consoles that readily available in your area?! I was ready to give up on just seeing an Xbox Series X in my local stores.

Was ready to cave and buy a Series S and hope Microsoft sells an external Xbox Series X optical drive. I am willing to settle if it only plays Xbox One discs and older on a Series S.

Anyway, any recommendations on 4K/HDR televisions and/or monitors for an Xbox Series X? I really don't want to hook this thing up to my LED monitor from like 10 years ago.

Are Xbox Series X consoles that readily available in your area?!
Anyway, any recommendations on 4K/HDR televisions and/or monitors for an Xbox Series X? I really don't want to hook this thing up to my LED monitor from like 10 years ago.
Don’t get the Series S. Lack of a disc drive is a deal breaker for me. Target sells series x in store, just have to be quick when they restock.
Did you try gamestop in store? They have decent series X bundles for $660.
The LG CX and C1 Oleds are fantastic- pricey, but you get what you pay for.

Everyone dumping. But who knows how stock will be threw out the year.

Even tho this is xbox thread. Nintendo said they will be short on stock threw 2022. Who knows whats going to happen.

A week before Christmas, I caved and bought a series S thinking I'd move it from the den to the basement whenever I got my hands on an X. I just wanted to experience no load times on Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite! I didn't realize how much I NEEDED quick resume, which changed my life immediately. Imagine going back and forth from one game to another in seconds? On the 21st, I was on Best Buy when they restocked the X and I bought one for in-store pickup on the 27th. But, on Christmas Eve, I got the email telling me to pick up the X at BB. I did and I returned the S the day after Christmas. 

Observations from having both units. Not having a disc drive isn't just a downer for gaming. My library has the 4K blu-rays. Couldn't borrow them with the S. Both hard drives are too small, but 500 GB, minus I think the 130 needed to run the console is too small. Resolution and performance: There is a difference. It's more noticeable in some games.

Advice? If you must (like I did), buy the S and convert it to your secondary gaming unit later on if money isn't an issue. Or buy the S from a retailer with a liberal return policy. We all know who they are. You need the X. Trust me. 

As far as TVs go, I'm playing on a 65" LG OLED C1 and it's divine. What a beautiful picture. 

I was in "line" for 10 minutes just to be greeted with a message saying it's not available at the store I selected. Ridiculous.

2a85ec807fa0ed77cae8c7d4ed9f2d6d.jpg

Local GameStop had this bundle in stock. Sounds like a lot of them are getting these bundles.
Ah, I can't spoiler button it. Is this offer still active?

Everyone dumping. But who knows how stock will be threw out the year.

Even tho this is xbox thread. Nintendo said they will be short on stock threw 2022. Who knows whats going to happen.
Why is everyone dumping? Flipping a used console, doesn't seem worth it.

Why is this bundle so much more expensive compared to the in-store bundle? COD: Vanguard can't be that bad, can it? Thought it was Battlefield 2042 that was the bad one this year.

Ah, I can't spoiler button it. Is this offer still active?

Why is everyone dumping? Flipping a used console, doesn't seem worth it.

Why is this bundle so much more expensive compared to the in-store bundle? COD: Vanguard can't be that bad, can it? Thought it was Battlefield 2042 that was the bad one this year.
$700 bundle has 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate and an extra controller.

Ordered it myself, hopefully they actually have enough stock to deliver on it.

Is this offer still active?
You’re going to have to call your local GS stores and ask. I was at a store that received 72 series x bundles and had 10 bundles left 2 weeks later. If you’re looking for the console by itself you will have to call your local targets every morning for 1-2 weeks until they restock.

^Kind of surprised to see more Xbox Series X than Series S in that case. 

Then again, I have yet to see an Xbox Series X in any retailer's display case/sales floor. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen an Xbox Series S yet in the wild.

Now that Sony is going to make PS4s again.  Do you all think we will see Xbox One consoles returning to local retailers? 

Thinking about getting an Xbox One X and pair it with an Xbox Series S.  Don't have my own 4K television, so seems like a waste for me to get a Series X nowadays.

^Kind of surprised to see more Xbox Series X than Series S in that case.

Then again, I have yet to see an Xbox Series X in any retailer's display case/sales floor. Now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen an Xbox Series S yet in the wild.

Now that Sony is going to make PS4s again. Do you all think we will see Xbox One consoles returning to local retailers?

Thinking about getting an Xbox One X and pair it with an Xbox Series S. Don't have my own 4K television, so seems like a waste for me to get a Series X nowadays.
No way in hell the One S would ever come back, I don't think it is really worth it, especially if the PS4 is going to continue to outsell it again. Game Pass is the sale here, not the hardware.

Skip the One X, especially if you already have a Series S, even if you want a disc drive. IMO, I think it's a bigger waste than getting a Series X in your situation only because it is ancient hardware. It might be better to invest that money on a 4K TV since you don't have one.

If the console names weren’t a disaster, I could see the One S all digital come back at $199. Maybe even $149.
For me, I don't know. Even at $150 a digital Xbox One S, doesn't seem worth it; especially in my situation. I would go after the Series S and an Xbox One VCR, before getting an Xbox One S All Digital in 2022.

Now maybe an Xbox One X All Digital at $200 with the option of using an external Xbox One S optical drive for like $100 more. Don't know why Microsoft abandoned the modular options like that of the phat Xbox 360.

No way in hell the One S would ever come back, I don't think it is really worth it, especially if the PS4 is going to continue to outsell it again. Game Pass is the sale here, not the hardware.

Skip the One X, especially if you already have a Series S, even if you want a disc drive. IMO, I think it's a bigger waste than getting a Series X in your situation only because it is ancient hardware. It might be better to invest that money on a 4K TV since you don't have one.
I would even settle on a Series S that uses an Series X optical disc drive somehow.

Considering how well current gen handles backwards compatibility, it makes sense to discontinue previous gen hardware.

Is there anything One X can do that Series X can't?
Nah Microsoft’s bc is masterful. Just can’t do OG Xbox one connect games 😂…who cares am I right?

Poor gamer... get a Series S since you dont have a 4k set, which is kibda the point of the One X and Series X, and then save your money and buy a decent 4k set. By then Series X should be easy to buy for retail, hell they might even have a price drop or a hardware refresh by then.

I do wish I had bought a couple of One S when they were dirt cheap just to have a UHD player in every room but I guess 3 will do for now.

So...for anyone that received one of those Xbox Series X Bundle emails from Microsoft: You might want to dig it up, and follow the link. I tried mine on a whim this afternoon, and was able to order a Series X / Controller / Digital Game bundle. Not only did it go through instantly, the Series X has ALREADY SHIPPED!

So...for anyone that received one of those Xbox Series X Bundle emails from Microsoft: You might want to dig it up, and follow the link. I tried mine on a whim this afternoon, and was able to order a Series X / Controller / Digital Game bundle. Not only did it go through instantly, the Series X has ALREADY SHIPPED!
Damn thanks for the heads up! Wish some of the games and controllers were on sale again though.

Damn thanks for the heads up! Wish some of the games and controllers were on sale again though.
Yeah..it was definitely tough spending $39.99 on 'Diablo 2'. The white controller (which hasn't shipped yet) was still $5 off, though. Still...getting a Series X bundle with free expedited shipping for $430 (after $210 in Microsoft Credit) isn't bad. My lazy ass doesn't even have to leave the house.

I just tried with the halo bundle email from last month, that works as well, I didn’t hit complete checkout (have one already) but made it all that way without it saying OOS, so worth a shot for people if they have that email and want to try

bread's done
Back