Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy in San Diego has X's. Mission Valley and El Cajon, 26 and 27 respectively. I just got shot down trying to buy one. I bought one for myself in January and today they said since I had one on my purchase history they can't sell me another one. Was buying in for my wife. So heads up they are enforcing this.

Best Buy in San Diego has X's. Mission Valley and El Cajon, 26 and 27 respectively. I just got shot down trying to buy one. I bought one for myself in January and today they said since I had one on my purchase history they can't sell me another one. Was buying in for my wife. So heads up they are enforcing this.
Are they enforcing one console purchase per reward account, or one purchase per driver license?

Do you need another Series X? I have Walmart+ if you don't have it, and I don't mind placing an order if you need another Xbox.
Thanks for the offer but I'm holding out for a special edition for my second console. :)

I was just trying to determine how Best Buy was limiting purchases.

So... They said it was linked to the rewards account/best buy credit card. But I ended up going to the other store in El Cajon and they never even checked. So definitely a YMMV.

I was on Walmart + trial and forgot to cancel. Called 3 days after “paid” service started and they refunded. They said it was good I called within a week or they couldn’t refund.

Xbox Series X at Walmart and now available to all walmart members, walmart+ membership not required.

https://www.walmart....ampaign_id=9383
WTF. An Hour later and I can still check out with one? What is this black magic? I expected this if they forced membership, but not if it's available to everyone. With that being said I didn't get one. I'm waiting until either this winter time (probably a bad idea), or next year for sure. Good luck everyone looking at this.

Correct me if I'm wrong but props to Walmart for being the first retailer this year to offer the Series X without a membership or bundle.
Bought one delivered from Best Buy without issue in 2020.
6fbb9525bc7f1ed00cd56c922434e682.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought one delivered from Best Buy without issue in 2020.
6fbb9525bc7f1ed00cd56c922434e682.jpg

I said "this year" as now they've all (even MSFT) gotten greedy with their bundles and/or memberships.

Yes, I have heard of random Target stores having them in-store.

Gamestop has the Series X pro members its the bundle deal so Console/Controller/3 month/gift card 50.00 with $650. You can spend the extra 5 for a different second controller. Also the Series S trade value is 180 so its about 487.00 all said and done if you trade in the series s.

Gamestop has the Series X pro members its the bundle deal so Console/Controller/3 month/gift card 50.00 with $650. You can spend the extra 5 for a different second controller. Also the Series S trade value is 180 so its about 487.00 all said and done if you trade in the series s.
I called ahead and the employee told me it was $700. The woman sounded very stressed when she answered and said "Gamestop." So I didn't bother with any further questions.
I did customer service chat and they told me they can't look up in store prices. Called customer service and they didn't have any information about a bundle being available, but guessed it would be between 650 and 850. I prob would have gone in at $650. I only have about $580 in trade credit though. Wish they'd have the console on its own.

As much as I would like a $650 Series X bundle.  I'm thinking of going for the trilogy.  An Xbox One X, Steam Deck, and an Xbox Series S.  What do you all think?  All that for the price of two Xbox Series X consoles, before finding any of the three on the cheap.

As much as I would like a $650 Series X bundle. I'm thinking of going for the trilogy. An Xbox One X, Steam Deck, and an Xbox Series S. What do you all think? All that for the price of two Xbox Series X consoles, before finding any of the three on the cheap.
Why One X though? If you really do need a disc drive I would just try to hold out for MSRP availability on Series X.

Why One X though? If you really do need a disc drive I would just try to hold out for MSRP availability on Series X.
My OCD has me not wanting to put all of my eggs in one basket. I would hate to see my $500 investment become a glorified Xbox Series S, when the drive goes bad because I'm more interested in Xbox One games at the moment. Plus, $500 seems too expensive and boutique for me. My CAG senses keep telling me it is not worth buying a 4K television as well.

My OCD has me not wanting to put all of my eggs in one basket. I would hate to see my $500 investment become a glorified Xbox Series S, when the drive goes bad because I'm more interested in Xbox One games at the moment. Plus, $500 seems too expensive and boutique for me. My CAG senses keep telling me it is not worth buying a 4K television as well.
I mean being worried about the disc drive breaking would be like being worried that the series s will die and become a paperweight

You could add a 2-year Microsoft Complete for Xbox with Accidental Damage Coverage extended warranty. I did in December 2021 for $39. So my Series X is under warranty for 3 years.

I'm more worried about my PS5 having issues than my Series X. The last two expensive Sony product purchases I made (Sony Viao laptop and Sony digital camera) had immediate hardware issues. That's why even though I see Sony OLED TVs getting pretty good reviews I can't commit myself to buying one. I don't think Sony quality is as good as it was in the 90s. I'd rather wait until I can find a great deal on an LG C1 TV.

I mean being worried about the disc drive breaking would be like being worried that the series s will die and become a paperweight
Isn't that what is going to happen when Microsoft stops supporting the Xbox Series S? At least with the original Xbox you could still play the disc-based games.

You could add a 2-year Microsoft Complete for Xbox with Accidental Damage Coverage extended warranty. I did in December 2021 for $39. So my Series X is under warranty for 3 years.

I'm more worried about my PS5 having issues than my Series X. The last two expensive Sony product purchases I made (Sony Viao laptop and Sony digital camera) had immediate hardware issues. That's why even though I see Sony OLED TVs getting pretty good reviews I can't commit myself to buying one. I don't think Sony quality is as good as it was in the 90s. I'd rather wait until I can find a great deal on an LG C1 TV.
I suppose I could go that route and get the warranties. Knowing my luck, the thing breaks the day after the warranty expires.

Sony has the best video processing in the business. That's why their comparative OLED televisions cost more. The brand really is that strong.

The LG OLEDs however have incredible value. Wait? They've never been cheaper. Microcenter is even selling refurbished 55" for $899 and 65" for $1199 if you wanted to save a few more bucks, (and can still get the 4yr protection plan if you wanted).

OLEDs are cheaper than ever before. Last years' chepeast 48" CX set at $1299 promotional pricing has been available for $1049 this year with the C1. LG OLEDs are also supposed to be getting more expensive starting with this years new model lineup (that usually come out in april-june) because of technology being updated in the new organic pixels. So the price is supposed to go up. The C1 price point is the time to purchase right now.

The LG OLEDs however have incredible value. Wait? They've never been cheaper.
I'm not really in a rush to spend the money on a TV. I want to see if the C1s go even lower when the new 2022 LG models come out. If they do, I may pick one up. If they don't and all the C1s sell out then I'm fine with missing out.

Isn't that what is going to happen when Microsoft stops supporting the Xbox Series S? At least with the original Xbox you could still play the disc-based games.

I suppose I could go that route and get the warranties. Knowing my luck, the thing breaks the day after the warranty expires.
so then why would you consider buying a S then? if you don't buy any systems you won't have to worry!

My brother is still waiting for the MS Store to sell consoles. He has about $600 in his MS account and hasn’t had any luck in receiving those exclusive emails from them to get a Series X.

My brother is still waiting for the MS Store to sell consoles. He has about $600 in his MS account and hasn’t had any luck in receiving those exclusive emails from them to get a Series X.
I waited most of last year and finally got one from MS Store in July.

Sony sources their oled panels from lg….lg reserves the best panels for themselves. Where Sony exceeds on is image processing, depth, and motion (the chipset and software is 100% Sony and best in business imo) and the heat sinks they started using to make oleds brighter. They licensed the heat sink from Panasonic who still makes TVs in Asia and Europe….they too use lg panels. Basically only 4 companies make tv panels and components these days lg, Samsung, boe (Hisense and Sony’s LCD supplier) and TCL. Also mediatek makes most of the HDMI controllers….which is why most 2020 receivers had hdmi 2.1 issues.

If you’re buying a tv from any brand you’re basically buying from a limited supply chain….all have about same reliability these days. Also from what I’ve read the capacitors used these days only last 5 yrs or so.

bread's done
Back