Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Friend just got series x At Best Buy, they check your account to make sure you haven’t bought one before. They don’t have them on the floor.

Was at bestbuy and they had signs up that they have xbox in stock in store. Just have to ask. Pittsburgh area.

Only second time I have seen ether console in stock at a store.

All of DMV area Targets have multiple in stock. I'm gonna wait for a slim, design just won't fit my tv stand.
Funny because I thought the XSX was gonna be chonky like a ps5 until I saw one in person.

PS5 is stupid large, xsx is medium sized but no option to lay it down.

It has little rubber bumpers on the right side (when standing vertically), you can lay it over on those.

I agree though, from the reveal video I thought that thing was going to be massive, but it's surprisingly compact.

I have an XBox upright and one on it’s side, they work fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has little rubber bumpers on the right side (when standing vertically), you can lay it over on those.

I agree though, from the reveal video I thought that thing was going to be massive, but it's surprisingly compact.
Didn't know this, but at least they aren't that silly to make it "vertical only"

both ps5 and series x are pretty terrible designs imo.  My ps5 randomly rattles when the cd spins up due to the faceplates and also its pretty wobbly on the stand.  Xbox is not aesthetically boring but that shape limits where it can fit.    Its 6inchs high while the the last xbox x was only 2.4 inches high.

both ps5 and series x are pretty terrible designs imo. My ps5 randomly rattles when the cd spins up due to the faceplates and also its pretty wobbly on the stand. Xbox is not aesthetically boring but that shape limits where it can fit. Its 6inchs high while the the last xbox x was only 2.4 inches high.
I got a TV stand longer than my TV and stood the Xbox up next to it. The PS5 lays down on one of the shelves covered in dust. In a few months I'll have a PS5 binge and play through the games I've collected. I end up spending too much time getting all achievements in Xbox games.

Saw in the Gamestop thread 10% off Xbox currency and Game Pass cards at Dollar General this week.   Saving $30, worth the hassle or are retailers finally offering some sort of discount on the Xbox Series S?

Saw in the Gamestop thread 10% off Xbox currency and Game Pass cards at Dollar General this week. Saving $30, worth the hassle or are retailers finally offering some sort of discount on the Xbox Series S?
Check out the Raise website/app. Currently 12% off and almost always >= 10% off.

Hmm, well I haven't seen a discount at retail on Series S better than $30.
Thought I saw a woot (actually adorama) deal for $250. I see them used on Facebook for $200-$225 all the time. I’m tempted but need at least 1 TB of space.

Best Buy has the Series X in stock for store pickup right now. I also got $50 (possibly $100) cash back from Honey for buying via a TeamDeal. Here's the TeamDeal group I made in case anyone else here uses Honey for cash back: link

Launch Series X disc drive crapped out and of course is out of warranty. I guess I’m on the lookout for a replacement.
Dude fixing game consoles is cheap af. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo charge $0-$160 max to do a repair. Sometimes if you’re okay with getting a returb or brand new console they charge less. This happened when my launch ps3 died. They offered me a brand new slim for $99 bucks or a repair for $150.

Launch Series X disc drive crapped out and of course is out of warranty. I guess I’m on the lookout for a replacement.
Wow, that sucks. I've been buying consoles since the PSX and N64 and for some reason I have always left a disc inside the console if it was disc based. I guess i've been lucky because I have never had a disc drive fail. I can't say it was because I always left a DVD or BR disc in the machine to keep dirt out but i've been lucky.

Have you tried to see if iFixit.com sells replacement parts for the Series X? Maybe Ebay has someone selling a BR drive for the X? They don't look to be that complicated to take apart.

Edit: I just checked and they do sell parts for the Series X including the internal SSD but currently they don't sell the BR drive but they probably will since many of the manufactures are now using them for Right to Repair parts depot, including Google. Here's their current Series X inventory. Why not drop them a line and see if they plan on getting that part?

You'll need to define your search to the Series X because it defaults to XBOX One https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=xbox&doctype=product&search-store=1

Dude fixing game consoles is cheap af. Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo charge $0-$160 max to do a repair. Sometimes if you’re okay with getting a returb or brand new console they charge less. This happened when my launch ps3 died. They offered me a brand new slim for $99 bucks or a repair for $150.
Yeah Microsoft said that it was out of warranty and they don’t have parts and there is nothing they can do.

Wow, that sucks. I've been buying consoles since the PSX and N64 and for some reason I have always left a disc inside the console if it was disc based. I guess i've been lucky because I have never had a disc drive fail. I can't say it was because I always left a DVD or BR disc in the machine to keep dirt out but i've been lucky.

Have you tried to see if iFixit.com sells replacement parts for the Series X? Maybe Ebay has someone selling a BR drive for the X? They don't look to be that complicated to take apart.

Edit: I just checked and they do sell parts for the Series X including the internal SSD but currently they don't sell the BR drive but they probably will since many of the manufactures are now using them for Right to Repair parts depot, including Google. Here's their current Series X inventory. Why not drop them a line and see if they plan on getting that part?

You'll need to define your search to the Series X because it defaults to XBOX One https://www.ifixit.com/Search?query=xbox&doctype=product&search-store=1
Thank you for reminding me that iFixit now stocks parts for things. I remember when HTC announced they would team up with iFixit for replacement parts but when I checked, they didn't have the touchpad part for my broken Vive wand. And now they do!!!

Did you buy it with a credit card by chance? Some credit cards have extended warranty benefits. I had an HP inkjet printer die on me after about 14 months. It was out of warranty but my AmEx card extended manufacture’s by 1 year. It was a bit of a hassle because Amex wanted me to send it in for repairs and hp doesn’t fix inkjet printers so I had to make a few extra phone calls to get it sorted. But in the end I wound up getting my full purchase price back since they couldn’t repair it

Looks like a (Renewed) Listing on Amazon if anyone has excess gift card balance and willing to take the risk!

7Pbciw5.png

Yeah Microsoft said that it was out of warranty and they don’t have parts and there is nothing they can do.
That’s extremely odd. Granted we are in a cheap shortage. Generally game companies are really good to gamers as we’re hardcore loyalists. The big 3 have always been good to me.

That’s extremely odd. Granted we are in a cheap shortage. Generally game companies are really good to gamers as we’re hardcore loyalists. The big 3 have always been good to me.
I take it you meant chip shortage. I think console makers especially Sony and Microsoft are having a really tough time meeting demand on new consoles and any available parts would probably first go to a new console rather than allocated for spare parts.

I take it you meant chip shortage. I think console makers especially Sony and Microsoft are having a really tough time meeting demand on new consoles and any available parts would probably first go to a new console rather than allocated for spare parts.
Yeah that’s what I meant. Also find it super weird Microsoft is now charging $300 to fix a series x….for anything that goes wrong according to their website. I’ve literally have had Nintendo fix consoles for $0-$70 and Sony for $0-$160 bucks. Crazy shit Microsoft is pulling. They started charging a lot for surface repairs and now Xbox repairs.

I have been seeing the Series S all over the place now but still holding out for an X that is not part of some goofy bundle. 

I have been seeing the Series S all over the place now but still holding out for an X that is not part of some goofy bundle.
Walmart, Target, and Best Buy have all had the Series X outside of a bundle recently, so keep an eye on those websites. With Target, you may just have to walk into a store and see though.

bread's done
Back