Xbox Series S - $299.99

Amazon

Best Buy

GameStop

Microsoft Store

Target

Walmart

Wario64 wrote on Twitter:

some numbers I heard for GameStop per-store allocations for Xbox Series preorders:
Series X - 6-12 per store
Series S - 2-4 per store— Wario64 (@Wario64) September 21, 2020

Stores may also have a Microsoft financing program available called XBox All Access: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-all-access#findaretailer

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh cool! Can anyone confirm or deny if I can play PS5 games on it?
Xbsx is the same architecture and it’s 20% more powerful. That being said, yes I can confirm a hacked xbxsx plays ps5 games BETTER than the ps5. It’s really impressive to see the added 20% in performance. 😏

Thanks for pointing out the stand alone option. I just cashed in some gift cards and rewards points and paid $20 out of pocket for a Series X!
Can you let us know if they charged you correctly? Some people were saying that if you didn't pay for it entirely with Xbox/Microsoft credit they charge your cc/paypal the full amount.

Can you let us know if they charged you correctly? Some people were saying that if you didn't pay for it entirely with Xbox/Microsoft credit they charge your cc/paypal the full amount.
It's a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Just glancing at cag before bed so no time to post the story right now. Did anyone get them to fix it?

So I just read an article on Gamerant that suggests an external disc drive for the Xbox Series S, might be in the works.  Something about a patent being filed by Microsoft that lets you use a game disc to gain access to a digital copy.

So I just read an article on Gamerant that suggests an external disc drive for the Xbox Series S, might be in the works. Something about a patent being filed by Microsoft that lets you use a game disc to gain access to a digital copy.
did they say it was an external hard drive? i had read about it somewhere, but i thought it was a disc to digital type thing.

did they say it was an external hard drive? i had read about it somewhere, but i thought it was a disc to digital type thing.
I got the impression it was something like that. Use your disc as a key to unlock a digital copy. I think it was an external drive. There was also a suggestion of linking up an Xbox One to an Xbox Series S to get a digital copy on there.

I don't quite understand why you would want link an Xbox One and an Xbox Series S. To me, just play the Xbox One for discs.

I got the impression it was something like that. Use your disc as a key to unlock a digital copy. I think it was an external drive. There was also a suggestion of linking up an Xbox One to an Xbox Series S to get a digital copy on there.

I don't quite understand why you would want link an Xbox One and an Xbox Series S. To me, just play the Xbox One for discs.
For two reasons:

1) Possibly better performance on the Series S, taking advantage of the better hardware. Kinda like playing a 360 game on the One. Sometimes you get a performance boost.

2) If it's a game that has been upgraded to X/S then you get the better version.

It's a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Just glancing at cag before bed so no time to post the story right now. Did anyone get them to fix it?
Keep forgetting to post and on mobile so here's the short story:
Ordered just the console paying all but $20ish with live money and $20 on an Amex. Purchase screen was correct. Next day, check shipping and notice Amex was billed full amount. Checked email receipt and it was the same. Amex site and ms balance confirmed it. Called ms and they couldnt change payment since it was processing. Recommended i call Amex to cancel, who can't cancel and thought it was odd ms suggested it. Hour later i get a shipment notification it entered shipping earlier in the day. Xbox arrives in 2 days and i call ms. Can't change payment type. Have to buy and return. He keeps trying to do the buy first and it won't work. Says return must be complete and then i can buy. Complete return and place order all with ms credit since i bought more to cover the total. Get an error that I've bought my limit. Call ms and they struggle to fix it. Say they will escalate it and call back within 3 days and don't place a new order. They call back in five days and it still won't work. Awaiting a one to three day call back for five days now.

Keep forgetting to post and on mobile so here's the short story:
Ordered just the console paying all but $20ish with live money and $20 on an Amex. Purchase screen was correct. Next day, check shipping and notice Amex was billed full amount. Checked email receipt and it was the same. Amex site and ms balance confirmed it. Called ms and they couldnt change payment since it was processing. Recommended i call Amex to cancel, who can't cancel and thought it was odd ms suggested it. Hour later i get a shipment notification it entered shipping earlier in the day. Xbox arrives in 2 days and i call ms. Can't change payment type. Have to buy and return. He keeps trying to do the buy first and it won't work. Says return must be complete and then i can buy. Complete return and place order all with ms credit since i bought more to cover the total. Get an error that I've bought my limit. Call ms and they struggle to fix it. Say they will escalate it and call back within 3 days and don't place a new order. They call back in five days and it still won't work. Awaiting a one to three day call back for five days now.
This would be a LOT easier if they didn't shut down all the physical stores...

I've read too many horror stories about trying to do multiple payments to buy a console from MS's website. Definitely in the future, if anyone is close to covering the balance with your MS credit then go ahead and buy more MS credit to cover the remainder.

I'm confused.  I don't need an Xbox One/Series console to use Game Pass.  Yet, I still need an Xbox One/Series console to use Remote Play for backwards compatible digital 360/original Xbox games I already bought?

This would be a LOT easier if they didn't shut down all the physical stores...

I've read too many horror stories about trying to do multiple payments to buy a console from MS's website. Definitely in the future, if anyone is close to covering the balance with your MS credit then go ahead and buy more MS credit to cover the remainder.
Can't stress this enough. I had no idea this would be an issue. I almost bought another card to totally cover the cost, but I wanted to use the Amex because it gives an extra year of warranty. Also, didn't realize that all the physical stores were closed. I liked the Atlanta store, but I've since moved away and never made it to the store that was about two hours away.

Anyone interested in a used launch Xbox Series X?  Well I got it like 2-3 weeks after launch I think, I don't remember exactly.

I have probably put like 20 hours total on it since it came out.  I've legit only played Gears 5 and beat that, then started Doom Eternal and wasn't a fan.  I still have Halo 5 sealed lol.  Then my son has played some Roblox and nephews played some games when they came over.

I simply don't play it at all and could use the cash towards something else I want to buy.   Adult owned and been sitting on the top shelf in my A/V closet since I got it.

I'd rather not deal with shipping and I'm in MD a few miles north of DC.

Curious if anyone has any interest in it.  If so shoot me a PM so I get an email notification.

Anyone interested in a used launch Xbox Series X? Well I got it like 2-3 weeks after launch I think, I don't remember exactly.

I have probably put like 20 hours total on it since it came out. I've legit only played Gears 5 and beat that, then started Doom Eternal and wasn't a fan. I still have Halo 5 sealed lol. Then my son has played some Roblox and nephews played some games when they came over.

I simply don't play it at all and could use the cash towards something else I want to buy. Adult owned and been sitting on the top shelf in my A/V closet since I got it.

I'd rather not deal with shipping and I'm in MD a few miles north of DC.

Curious if anyone has any interest in it. If so shoot me a PM so I get an email notification.
Not shipping kills this deal.

Sorry, I had to.

I figured at this rate of shortages, an external Xbox Series X disc drive would be a thing by now as a temporary fix.
I think having an external drive is a great idea. Add on for the series S if you find discs for cheap and ideally Microsoft would say, “we guarantee this will work on future generation consoles”. Think it’s assumed this will be the last generation with discs.

I think having an external drive is a great idea. Add on for the series S if you find discs for cheap and ideally Microsoft would say, “we guarantee this will work on future generation consoles”. Think it’s assumed this will be the last generation with discs.
I don't know about this being the last generation of discs with video game consoles. Figured, there will be mini, ultra HD Blu-ray discs for the next generation of video game consoles.

Can't stress this enough. I had no idea this would be an issue. I almost bought another card to totally cover the cost, but I wanted to use the Amex because it gives an extra year of warranty. Also, didn't realize that all the physical stores were closed. I liked the Atlanta store, but I've since moved away and never made it to the store that was about two hours away.
Finally got my account straightened out with ms and my series x ordered last week. They never called back in 1 to 3 days like promised and i kept being too busy to call for a week or so then another rep called me to follow up. Wondering if the original guy is gone or on vacation cause why would someone else call? This guy seemed very confident, but i had just used some credit to reup gamepass and i was going to have to do a split payment again. He was sure it would work, but i explained i was uncomfortable with the idea of going thru the process again with $400 credit expiring in a month and i would buy a gift card to cover it all. He called next day and it failed similarly the first two times. He was focused on the cart number and that it had an origination from May so it was like it was linked to my original purchase. Then he got it to work, not sure how so i can't really help someone in my situation rather than say it can get taken care of and DON'T split payment types. Good luck out there.

Does anyone know how the 2 Year Geek Squad Protection Plans work on consoles? Do they actually replace the console or try to fix it?

My Series X has been having issues playing any kind of blu ray movies (no issues with games) and I’m not sure if it’s just the blu ray app or my console itself.

Does anyone know how the 2 Year Geek Squad Protection Plans work on consoles? Do they actually replace the console or try to fix it?

My Series X has been having issues playing any kind of blu ray movies (no issues with games) and I’m not sure if it’s just the blu ray app or my console itself.
What kind of problem are you having? Did you try uninstalling and re-downloading the Blu Ray App from the Microsoft Store? Check out this article and see if it helps you. If you can play games I can't see why you can't play movies? What region have you selected?

https://www.gamesradar.com/does-xbox-series-x-play-blu-ray/

bread's done
Back