The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='demo808']Can someone verify if Hulk (PS3) dropped in price from 33-23 from BB?[/quote]

If someone said it dropped then it dropped.

And coupon of the week is 20% off again. Kind of odd that it would happen twice in a row. Now I have to transfer almost $200 in BBV credit because I only have $11 GS credit right now.

Just found a Zelda TP at a BB just released from rental for 14.99...I thought for sure all those were gone by now

Did GS just try to pull a fast one on me? I go to trade in sega rally revo (360) and avatar (wii). He completes the trade before telling me that they have just got word from the DM to charge $2/game without a case. So i say thats new to me and then i noticed that for sega rally they actually charged me $3. He says they charge more for games that are worth more than $5. Of course i told him to void that ____ immediatelly. Got my credit put back on my edge card but just a word of warning to the rest of you. The GS store manager says they get charged for every cover insert they have to make so they have started this policy. Is this new? a scam? I was :bomb:

EDIT: The charges were listed as refurb fees BUT this was the explaination i got.

[quote name='demo808']Can someone verify if Hulk (PS3) dropped in price from 33-23 from BB?[/quote]

Hulk and Iron Man for ps3 AND 360 both dropped.

[quote name='Capa']Just found a Zelda TP at a BB just released from rental for 14.99...I thought for sure all those were gone by now[/quote]

One of my BB's actually put out a alot of gamecube and PS2 games. A lot of good ones like Mario Part 5, The Twin Snakes and Zelda TP. Hopefully, after this 2 for $10 deal we'll have a 40% deal. I made a lot more money off of the 40% deal. Although it took almost double the number of games, I actually made profit instead of breaking even or losing $2-$4 dollars each time.

@King - Don't go back there. I haven't had that problem yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Capa']40% is active now with the cellfire trade coupon[/quote]

Forgot about that. I guess I'll try that then. Hopefully, the Gamestops around here aren't total pricks about that coupon.

So does anyone know what the Silent Hill: Homecoming situation is going to be like at GR (what day they'll have it in for sale\rental, general amount of copies to expect)? I'm debating whether or not to return Too Human to Gamestop this Sunday (last day I can) and pre-order it there, wait to take in to GR, or just rent Homecoming and save Too Human for something else.

I just got a used copy of Dead Rising from a local shop, and when I popped it in my 360, the disc drive literally sounded like a chainsaw. I know the disc drives on 360's are loud, but it's never been nearly this loud when playing any of my other games. The disc isn't in great shape, but it's not horrible either. Anyone know what could be causing this?

[quote name='Capa']damn i really wish b2g1 happens after I confirm i can keep trading at bb[/QUOTE]

You could just use a family member and make them sign up for a trade account.

Also, I need some cheap flips from GS to BB because I don't have any credit but got a little bit of cash I can use to start building up again.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so i guess there are going to be some MASSIVE flips w/the B2G1 free deal?[/QUOTE]

not a whole lot. here is what i have so far. all prices before edge. gs price - bb tiv
* denotes outdated tiv so may not be right.

wii

luxor 13 - 20
alone in the dark 25 - 30
one piece 18 - 23
sea monsters 20 - 23
rock and roll adventures 13 - 16
cranium kabookii 13 - 16
*escape from bug island 13 - 16
*spy games elevator action 13 - 16
monster jam 27 - 30
bust a move bash 18 - 20
cabelas big game hunter 18 - 20
code lyoko 18 - 20
*chicken little 15 - 16
*legend of the dragon 9 - 9

hail to the chimp 18 - 22
*sega tennis 18 - 19
*trophy bucks 18 - 19
*world championship poker all in 9 - 10
*bladestorm 35 - 35
*fatal inertia 25 - 25
hellboy 35 - 35

ps3

sega tennis 13 - 20
eye of judgement 25 - 30
hail to the chimp 18 - 23
viking 18 - 20
*blacksite 25 - 26
hellboy 35 - 36
*pro evo soccer 08 27 - 26
*history channel 25 - 23
*warhawk 25 - 23
wsop 2008 25 - 23

[quote name='frankcastle']not a whole lot. here is what i have so far. all prices before edge. gs price - bb tiv
* denotes outdated tiv so may not be right.

wii

*spy games elevator action 13 - 16

[/quote]

Spy Games Elevator Action was $16 on 9/24

No one said it dropped, I'm just checking because I tried to trade it in last night (9/24) and they qouted 23 and I traded one this past monday and it was 33 or 32.

Oh well, guess I have to return the game back.

[quote name='DarkRider23']If someone said it dropped then it dropped.

And coupon of the week is 20% off again. Kind of odd that it would happen twice in a row. Now I have to transfer almost $200 in BBV credit because I only have $11 GS credit right now.[/quote]

No one said it dropped, I'm just checking because I tried to trade it in last night (9/24) and they qouted 23 and I traded one this past monday and it was 33 or 32.

Oh well, guess I have to return the game back.

23 for Sea Monsters at BBV.

1st BBV:
Picked up SoF, Nights, and Spyro.

2nd BBV:
Picked up Meet the Robinsons and a Metal Slug Wii. Pre-ordered Iron Man for the bobble head.

I had my folder in my bag that had some flips listed, and I put it back in my bag. Apparently I drew a bit too much attention cause one of the management came up behind me as I put my folder back and asked if I could please put my bag at the front to which I replied, "I was about to get rung up anyway." To say the least I was annoyed by this.:bomb:

I went up to the counter and lo and behold the girl who was 3rd key whom I've gotten to know is there. So as she's ringing me up we chat it up and the manager comes up and notices us chatting. As she gets my games the manager actually apologizes to me for the bag thing. I was about a minute from telling the girl CSR about what he said so it was kind of cool that he realized his mistake and apologized for it. :)

Anyways, back to GS.

GS:
Traded in the five games, took a refurb fee on Nights, but ended up balancing out in the end. Ended with 54.16 in credit.

The girl who rang me up had to split the trades into 2 transactions. For some reason, the POS sees the 2 for $10 and the 3 for $15 as two different promotions and won't ring them up together. So keep this in mind when trading an odd amount of games (3/5/7.....etc).

Ended up picking up a Marvel Vs Capcom 2 complete for 30% off with Coupon + Edge. $58.77 with tax. Had some leftover credit on my Edge so no cash out of pocket.

I got no credit at GS now and like ten at BBV but I'll take a $80 game for under $60!:bouncy:

WSOP on PS3 should read 19.99->20
Bladestorm for PS3 is 34.99->36

and I found 6 blu rays at a GS today. Spent $35 for 6.

[quote name='frankcastle']\

ps3

viking 18 - 20
[/quote]

viking for ps3 only bring 16 tiv at blockbuster
the 360 verison is at 15 tiv now

I went to my other local CC, picked up their ONLY remaining copy of DW: G for 360, thought about picking up the only copy of AITD for Wii, but put it back. Ended up picking up a pair of powerline adapters to run my ethernet signal upstairs without messing with drilling holes and running cables for $99 on clearance from $120 or so.

Traded the copy of DW: G to BBV for $35, got it on a value card, then looked around a bit and almost bit on a $25 copy of Assassin's Creed, but it's that price most everywhere now.

I also checked the local Kmart there, but someone cleaned them out of the $5 clearance games, which I was going to trade to either BBV or GS, so that was a no go.

, I didn't keep up with the BB->GS prices and burned myself on two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons for an $8 loss on the trade in. I bet it changed a few days ago too... i just assumed it hadn't dropped yet, but you know what happens when one assumes....

[quote name='salparadise78'], I didn't keep up with the BB->GS prices and burned myself on two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons for an $8 loss on the trade in. I bet it changed a few days ago too... i just assumed it hadn't dropped yet, but you know what happens when one assumes....[/quote]

The drops were actually reported here a couple of days ago, I believe, so all you had to do was go back a page or nine(depending on how you have the pages set to view, mine is set to 50 posts).

Traded Spyro, Geometry Wars, Nights(Wii) and Spidy FoF, Enchanted Arms, Golden Compass from BB-->GS. Made $3 in the transfer.
Canceled my preorder of Lego Batman($45 i put it down after feeling bad of canceling my Madden PSP preorder, but hope to find it this week used).
Got ROCK BAND 2 DRUMS!!!:lol:
My wife is going to kill me tomorrow morning :hot:
Manager at GS rung me up and noticed the black cases the games were in. I replied, with "yup".

[quote name='king007']Did GS just try to pull a fast one on me? I go to trade in sega rally revo (360) and avatar (wii). He completes the trade before telling me that they have just got word from the DM to charge $2/game without a case. So i say thats new to me and then i noticed that for sega rally they actually charged me $3. He says they charge more for games that are worth more than $5. Of course i told him to void that ____ immediatelly. Got my credit put back on my edge card but just a word of warning to the rest of you. The GS store manager says they get charged for every cover insert they have to make so they have started this policy. Is this new? a scam? I was :bomb:

EDIT: The charges were listed as refurb fees BUT this was the explaination i got.[/quote]

This has always been YMMV. Some GS charge a refurb fee for disc-only games but most don't. You should have just taken your games back and went to another GS. Others have posted the same thing happening to them before.

Picked up some games to flip to BB and will search for games to flip back to GS tomorrow. I got an iphone last week and it is much better than carrying around my lists on a piece of paper. The lists usually get all mixed up with my receipts, Edge card, BBV card and VCs. Having access to CAG and GS.com anywhere is also a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='salparadise78'], I didn't keep up with the BB->GS prices and burned myself on two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons for an $8 loss on the trade in. I bet it changed a few days ago too... i just assumed it hadn't dropped yet, but you know what happens when one assumes....[/QUOTE]

I almost got burned on that too I had actually bought 5 copies of both PMD: Time and Darkness the day before they dropped and didn't get a chance to trade them in. I did get to trade about 12 into GS before the drop however so it was fun while it lasted.

[quote name='salparadise78'], I didn't keep up with the BB->GS prices and burned myself on two Pokemon Mystery Dungeons for an $8 loss on the trade in. I bet it changed a few days ago too... i just assumed it hadn't dropped yet, but you know what happens when one assumes....[/quote]

I have the gamestop number programmed into my phone and quite often call from blockbuster just to confirm trade values.

Is it just me or has Blockbuster actually started to keep the regular cases for PS3/360 and Wii games behind the counter, in case someone buys a used game and wants a normal case for whichever system they're buying a game for?

I ask because I asked for a normal PS3 case if they had them when I bought Uncharted the other day for $40 and they dug into a drawer at the one register filled with empty PS3 cases.

I know they used to just throw them out once they got their copies in for rental of each game, which pissed me off to no end last gen. Of course, I knew the one manager, who gave me bagloads of PS2/Xbox cases they were just going to dumpster.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I know they used to just throw them out once they got their copies in for rental of each game, which pissed me off to no end last gen. Of course, I knew the one manager, who gave me bagloads of PS2/Xbox cases they were just going to dumpster.[/quote]

Hmmm, so you can just ask the manager for any cases they are going to throw out? I mean I know you CAN, but I guess they don't mind?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it just me or has Blockbuster actually started to keep the regular cases for PS3/360 and Wii games behind the counter, in case someone buys a used game and wants a normal case for whichever system they're buying a game for?

I ask because I asked for a normal PS3 case if they had them when I bought Uncharted the other day for $40 and they dug into a drawer at the one register filled with empty PS3 cases.

I know they used to just throw them out once they got their copies in for rental of each game, which pissed me off to no end last gen. Of course, I knew the one manager, who gave me bagloads of PS2/Xbox cases they were just going to dumpster.[/quote]
It totally depends on the store/manager. For years we got empty DVD/XBOX cases from a local Blockbuster and then moved and one of our new stores refused to give them out, even though they threw them away. I have at least one store now that saves them until the end of the day Tuesday usually. If you buddy up to an employee they will generally save you some original cases if you want them.

Well, it does help to know the manager a bit and I was always in my closest BBV buying or trading something a while back, so I asked what they do with the cases and she was just like 'we usually throw them out. you want some?'.

Personally, I wish they would've kept them, so you could get a game or movie in a normal case and not some BBV one with the hole for the yellow security strip in the bottom.

But as long as you have a good relationship with the employees at your local store, you should be able to ask them for some cases.

Or just check on CL, since the one person was offering up 250+ DVD cases for free a while back around here.

Did some major flipping today most of the usual stuff with nothing new to confirm. Did have an annoying asshole at GameStop insist that the camera and accessories did NOT come with the used copy of Eye Of Judgement. The conversation went like this:

"Do you have a used copy of EoJ?"
"Yeah let me check and make sure we have the accessories."
"Ok, sounds good"
"Yep we have them would you like the game."
"Yeah I would."
"Ok, well the game is 24.99, then we have to charge you for the camera, mat, and cards"

I went on to argue with this douche that the used copy comes with the accessories and it even says so on the label. (Wasn't about to add that I've bought it many times from GS used before :) )I was like what's the point of buying the game and not have the accessories. He assured me that was how it worked. After 2 more minutes of trying to argue with this guy I gave up. There was other flippable stuff.

Anyway I joined CAG shortly after the "perfect storm" so I'm not familiar with how well the B2G1 at GS works out for flippers. Any advice?

--It figures too after I just annihilated my GS credit today and everything is sitting at BB with the exception of about 20 bucks.

[quote name='nietzsche74']Wow...

Very off-topic, but tacitly relevant:

http://www.gamecritics.com/dale-weir/jack-thompson-finally-disbarred[/quote]

I never took him seriously in the first place, but the big witch hunt over video games reminded me alot of prior attempts in this country to sensationalize some form of media or behavior are morally reprehensible.

After all, didn't they want to ban Elvis Presley from swiveling his hips at one point and try to stop Jim Morrison from using certain lyrics on the Ed Sullivan Show?

I mean, both of those were before my time, but there's always been a witch hunt going on. No one may be getting really burned at the stake anymore over things like this, but there's always going to be someone who disagrees with something that's considered popular.

Personally, if parents would take more fuckin' responsibility for their little darlings and not buy little Jimmy or Johnny a game without EDUCATING themselves, we would all be better off. But people are fuckin' lazy and expect the government to tell them what's good and what's bad. So, the cycle will continue...

Anyway I joined CAG shortly after the "perfect storm" so I'm not familiar with how well the B2G1 at GS works out for flippers. Any advice?

It's actually not terribly huge. Assuming you're getting three games of equal value, you're only getting 33% off each game. It does stack with Edge, so if you can in fact find three of perfectly equal value, you'll come out ahead by about 13% per game. Otherwise you'll probably lose that advantage with even a slight discrepancy in prices.

Add to that the fact that if you have to find three games of equal value, you're limiting your flip options. For example, if I had three 2.0 flips of different values, I'd be better off using the 20% coupon rather than going for lesser flips (1.5~) of equal value.

Alright can someone please elaborate on "The Perfect Storm"? I have been looking at the BB/GR thread for at least year and I seem to be forgetting/confused/or somewhere missed what exactly it was.

[quote name='DarkRider23']One of my BB's actually put out a alot of gamecube and PS2 games. A lot of good ones like Mario Part 5, The Twin Snakes and Zelda TP.[/QUOTE]

I have one of the YMMV local 50% bonus trade-in coupon and it looks like I won't be able to use it. I was about to get the PMD games but saw the info about the drop. Then I saw Mario Party 5 and Mario Power Tennis at a Blockbuster today. But of course they were scratched all to hell as I would expect 90% of copies of those games at Blockbuster to be. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle.

[quote name='MaKaVeLi42O']viking for ps3 only bring 16 tiv at blockbuster
the 360 verison is at 15 tiv now[/QUOTE]

Whaa? I traded a ps3 Viking for $20 on Wednesday night. So unless we now have Thursday drops at BB I think it is still $20 - may not be past this weekend though.

As for the whole B2G1 thing (and in case there was any doubt it is now shown in the banner ad at the top of CAG right now :lol:) I agree that it isn't all that special in terms of flipping compared to the 25% and 20% off coupons. Yeah, if you can find 3 games at the same price it is good - but I've hit up 6 or 7 GS's and in the rare cases where I even found 3 flippables they have generally been at different prices.

However, I may use it tomorrow to get 3 $55 fairly new games: Tales of Vesperia, Force Unleashed, and Civ Rev. I'm tempted, though I know I can probably get them all even cheaper later (and I already have the SE of Vesperia but I could keep that sealed).

I have done a massive amount of trading here this week. I had today off work so I did a bunch around lunch and then another trip this evening. I had to stop by a grocery store to make copies of my last 20% off coupon because the 5 I brought with me wasn't enough, apparently ;).

I'll be totalling it all up here in a minute and will post what I made off the BBGS dealie just this week.

I mentioned yesterday how the BBV's down here seem to be way more into promoting the games than my ones back home. I was in a store late tonight trading a Sea Monsters and the guy got in a big discussion with me about all the game tournaments they were going to have the next few months (Soul Calibur, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Madden, and even a retro N64 Smash Bros one). I told him I'm only down here occasionally but he still went on about it. I told him I'd bring my son in next time (he might come down to AZ with me in a couple months). But I wish the stores back home were this into games!

[quote name='tianxia']It's actually not terribly huge. Assuming you're getting three games of equal value, you're only getting 33% off each game. It does stack with Edge, so if you can in fact find three of perfectly equal value, you'll come out ahead by about 13% per game. Otherwise you'll probably lose that advantage with even a slight discrepancy in prices.

Add to that the fact that if you have to find three games of equal value, you're limiting your flip options. For example, if I had three 2.0 flips of different values, I'd be better off using the 20% coupon rather than going for lesser flips (1.5~) of equal value.[/quote]

I think your math is wrong.. if you can find three of perfectly equal value, you'll be getting 40% off each game (with edge and buy 2 get 1 free promotion).. which is still better than that 20% coupon plus edge (30% off)...

[quote name='mvp828']Alright can someone please elaborate on "The Perfect Storm"? I have been looking at the BB/GR thread for at least year and I seem to be forgetting/confused/or somewhere missed what exactly it was.[/QUOTE]

The perfect storm was the month-long B1G1 sale at Blockbuster (on games $14.99 and under) combined, at first, with the GS $10 bonus deal on next gen console games, and then later with the 20%/30%/40% bonus at Gamestop that applied to everything (so you could go back and get all the PS2/GC/PSP/DS games from BBV that you ignored the first few weeks).

As for some math on the B2G1, here's a typical example. I actually did find 3 Wii games to flip at one store today: Sea Monsters, Bust-A-Move, and Rock and Roll Adventures (original prices $19.99. $17.99, and $12.99). With 20% + Edge those ended up being $13.99 + $12.59 + $9.09 = $35.67. Were I to buy them tomorrow, they'd cost $17.99 + $16.19 + FREE = $34.18. So, yeah, it helps a bit. But in that case I'd probably try to find a third game that was closer to the $17.99-$19.99 price (like a PS3 Viking maybe). Then it would work out even better.

My main problem is that I've already done a lot of BBV trading while I've been here, and all within the same district. I have 2 more games to trade then I probably ought to cool it anyway.

[quote name='io']The perfect storm was the month-long B1G1 sale at Blockbuster (on games $14.99 and under) combined, at first, with the GS $10 bonus deal on next gen console games, and then later with the 20%/30%/40% bonus at Gamestop that applied to everything (so you could go back and get all the PS2/GC/PSP/DS games from BBV that you ignored the first few weeks).

As for some math on the B2G1, here's a typical example. I actually did find 3 Wii games to flip at one store today: Sea Monsters, Bust-A-Move, and Rock and Roll Adventures (original prices $19.99. $17.99, and $12.99). With 20% + Edge those ended up being $13.99 + $12.59 + $9.09 = $35.67. Were I to buy them tomorrow, they'd cost $17.99 + $16.19 + FREE = $34.18. So, yeah, it helps a bit. But in that case I'd probably try to find a third game that was closer to the $17.99-$19.99 price (like a PS3 Viking maybe). Then it would work out even better.

My main problem is that I've already done a lot of BBV trading while I've been here, and all within the same district. I have 2 more games to trade then I probably ought to cool it anyway.[/quote]
lol i kinda gotta agree with you on the cooling off period i did alot of trading during the perfect storm ( for me anyways) racked up just over $700 credit from around $100 credit i did from a previous weeks flips so i decided to cool it for a month or two but now im considering getting back on my flipping horse :) crunched the numbers earlier and seems i should be able to rack up a nice amount ina couple of flips but im hestitant seeing as the tiv lists i can find right now a little bit iffy.sucks cause i got a nice chunk of credit to flip with would love to do the "more pricey" games. would be nice for once to be able to get a break on xmas gifts for the kiddies :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Is it just me or has Blockbuster actually started to keep the regular cases for PS3/360 and Wii games behind the counter, in case someone buys a used game and wants a normal case for whichever system they're buying a game for?

It really all depends on how that specific manager runs the store. Some store have the complete game behind the counter while some are "what you see is what you get". Some stores have a majority of their games either complete or only missing instructions while some have a majority of games in "disc-only" condition. It's almost as if some stores systematically throw out artwork and cases for former rentals.

(Edit: Didn't realize how late I was, but who gives a fuck , the man's disbarred now)

Oh, and for those of you following the antics of beloved Miami-Dade Lawyer Jack Thompson;

He's DISBARRED!

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2008/09/25/disbarred#comments

OK, here are my totals since Monday. So, basically, this is what I got during my work trip to Arizona and thus all car expenses were paid for ;)). I came with a very small BB Value card (about $30 on it) along with my main Edge card (with the sticker).

After buying lots of Spyro/Nights/SoF along with a few others here and there at BBV, and various games from GS to flip back (Code Lyoko, Rock & Roll Adventures, etc) and counting the last 2 games I have yet to trade at BBV:

I'm up $82.06 in GS credit and up $9.07 in BBV credit, PLUS I have all of the following games: 2 copies of Metal Slug Anthology, Wii Sports, and a new copy of Lock's Quest. The MSA and Wii Sports are probably for eBay. I only bought the Wii Sports because I had one last 20% off coupon and was at a GS at 8:55 PM Thursday night and they didn't have any good BB flippables. I figured I might as well use it for something :lol:.

Tomorrow I'm going to hit up some Gamestops for the B2G1 sale - but not for any flipping. I'm actually going to get stuff for myself. I found no less than 3 stores that should have Tales of Vesperia/Star Wars Force Unleashed/Civilization Rev/Infinite Undiscovery. Between those 4 $54.99 games I'll find 3 good ones (aiming for mint conditon since they are all pretty new) and get those 3 for $98.98 after Edge and B2G1. Those are all games I either considered getting at BBV but still didn't want to pay $60 even in BB credit (Star Wars and Civ Rev) or BBV didn't come close to getting (Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery). Getting them for $33 of GS credit that came mostly from converted Spyro's and Nights' from Blockbuster makes them well worth the price ;). If I buy those tomorrow I'll end up slightly down in GS credit but pretty close to break-even between the 2 stores and yet with a pretty good haul of games to bring home.

[quote name='Rig']One strange thing I have noticed is what steps I have to go through to get my NAT to "Open". I only had to troubleshoot this because I got a different console after getting the RRoD on my first console.

Static IP's do not work for me. I have tried every static IP in the 15 I have set for my DHCP server. They would always be Moderate.

Channel 1 would not give me an Open NAT...ever.

Channel 6 and channel 11 will give me an Open NAT when I allow the 360 to automatically obtain its IP/DNS entries. DMZ does nothing for making it Open either.

I just find this kind of strange, since most people get their issue solved by creating a static IP...whereas mine is only Open by setting it to automatcially find its own information (on channels 6 and 11 only).[/QUOTE]

I never had problems with my NAT until I got my Halo 360. The Halo 360 said my NAT was open, but in games of Halo, I could not hear some of my teamates. But a DMZ resolved that for me.

If your disc isnt in good shape (as you say) then i advise you don't put it in your 360. Take it back and change it for another copy.

Bah, looks like my account has been flagged. :cry: Stopped by 3 different stores, in 2 different districts, all stores had a note on my account saying "trading suspended, hit f12 to continue". Of course all the on-duty managers had no idea what that meant other than the trade function would not work. At the last store the manager was able to check someone else's account (guess they actually get enough trades at that store so she could bring up an account off the top of her head) which seemed to be working, that means it's a problem with my account. Gonna call one of the managers I'm friendly with later today and have him investigate on my behalf and hopefully get it fixed. Bad timing with the B2G1 starting today. :cry:

[quote name='whymustiregister']Bah, looks like my account has been flagged. :cry: Stopped by 3 different stores, in 2 different districts, all stores had a note on my account saying "trading suspended, hit f12 to continue". Of course all the on-duty managers had no idea what that meant other than the trade function would not work. At the last store the manager was able to check someone else's account (guess they actually get enough trades at that store so she could bring up an account off the top of her head) which seemed to be working, that means it's a problem with my account. Gonna call one of the managers I'm friendly with later today and have him investigate on my behalf and hopefully get it fixed. Bad timing with the B2G1 starting today. :cry:[/quote]

Corporate must really be cracking down. Supposedly corporate will be calling me back, but I do have the district manager's number should I not hear anything. My defense is going to be how its a mutually beneficial process. They get new games to sell that they probably wouldn't have in stock otherwise, and they are guaranteed another set amount of sales based on what credit I have, including pre-orders (which im guessing is important if they are threatening people's jobs for not getting enough).

The possible theft issue is no problem as while I do have receipts from Gamestop, to cause less issues (since GS receipts have dates) I can always whip up some Amazon.com receipts and date them a few months back.

bread's done
Back