The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

Alright, just came back from getting it cleaned and...still noisy. I think it's actually a little less noisy, but it's still really annoying and I don't really want to risk harming my 360 at all. Is there any chance it could be doing this because my 360 is upright and not on its side? Because now the disc is literally spotless and that's the only other thing I can think of. :\

[quote name='facemeat']Alright, just came back from getting it cleaned and...still noisy. I think it's actually a little less noisy, but it's still really annoying and I don't really want to risk harming my 360 at all. Is there any chance it could be doing this because my 360 is upright and not on its side? Because now the disc is literally spotless and that's the only other thing I can think of. :\[/quote]

My drive started getting really loud when it started putting rings around my games, so watch out for that.

Just got WSOP and HistCh for PS3
BAM, Puppy Lovex2,DwtS,High School Musical,Sea Monsters, and Smarty Pants to use as a gift.
Cost 136,-->181 with 1 left over to give to my niece

[quote name='dys006']donut, king, pogi, and everyone else, thanks for your work.
I put together some handy groupings of confirmed prices this week. Assumes you can match three same price games.

I'll try to keep updating this list through the weekend.
*POSTED: 1530 est - 26 Sep '08

(~$8 each at GS before tax)
12.99 $20 Sega Superstar Tennis (PS3)
12.99 $16 Rock and Roll Adventures (Wii)
12.99 $16 Spy Games Elevator Mission (Wii)
12.99 $13 Balls of Fury (Wii)
12.99 $11 Cranium Kabookii (Wii)
12.99 $11 Looney Tunes (Wii)
12.99 $11 Luxor Pharaoh's Challenge (Wii)
12.99 $11 Tamagotchi (Wii)

(~$11 each at GS before tax)
17.99 $23 Hail to the Chimp (PS3)
17.99 $23 One Piece (wii)
17.99 $23 Wild Earth (wii)
17.99 $20 Cabela's Big Game Hunter (wii)
17.99 $20 Code Lyoko (wii)
17.99 $20 Viking (PS3)
17.99 $19 Trophy Bucks (360)
17.99 $16 Obscure: The Aftermath (wii)

(~$12 each at GS before tax)
19.99 $23 Sea Monsters (Wii)
19.99 $20 WSOP 2008 Battle for Bracelets (PS3)

(~$15 each at GS before tax)
24.99 $30 Alone In The Dark (Wii)
24.99 $30 Eye of Judgement (PS3) YMMV as always
24.99 $30 Victorious Boxer (Wii)
24.99 $26 High School Musical (Wii)
24.99 $23 Guilty Gear (Wii)
24.99 $23 Puppy Love (Wii)
24.99 $23 Target Terror (Wii)
24.99 $23 Wacky Races (Wii)
24.99 $20 Tomb Raider (Wii)

(~$16+ each at GS before tax)
26.99 $30 Monster Jam (Wii)
26.99 $23 Skate (PS3)
26.99 $20 Folklore (PS3)

(~$21 each at GS before tax)
34.99 $36 Hellboy (PS3)
34.99 $35 Hellboy (360)[/QUOTE]

I wish I would have had this list while I was out today. I guess I will have to go back out to get some of these.

Wow, so I didn't even know the weekly GS coupon was a repeat of the 20% off used games and accessories one from last week. I assume this doesn't stack with B2G1 - but if it does I'll be pissed ;). I mean, I'm pretty sure it won't as the B2G1 shows as a promo # and only 1 can work at a time (along with Edge discount).

I thought I saw someone post that the weekly email was some list of games you could trade for slightly more than normal (and nothing great was on it). But I just got my email now and it is another 20% off coupon. Anyway, so just a heads up for those that don't know - if you can't find 3 games of nearly the same value for B2G1 you can still get the 30% off with the coupon + Edge.

[quote name='Capa']add
blacksite for ps3, 24.99 to 25
bladestorm 34.99 to 35(360) and 36(ps3)[/QUOTE]

I got quoted $26 for :ps3: blacksite today.

Going to trade it in tonight. Paired that up with :wii: Guilty Gear and High School Musical Sing It. But alas, damn GS didnt have the normal case and art for Monster Jam, which would have been nice.

[quote name='cdeener']How much does Zack & Wiki get because I don't want even money on it if I trade it in to Gamestop?[/quote]

CALL and LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!:bomb:

[quote name='pitfallharry219']My drive started getting really loud when it started putting rings around my games, so watch out for that.[/quote]
Well, see that's the thing, it only does it with Dead Rising. I also got my 360 only like a week ago, so I certainly hope the DVD drive isn't failing already. ;)

[quote name='donut']CALL and LET US KNOW!!!!!!!!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

Most of the employees in my local area don't know how to ring up a trade let alone tell me a trade price my good friend.

[quote name='cdeener']Most of the employees in my local area don't know how to ring up a trade let alone tell me a trade price my good friend.[/quote]

Most?
I called 6 stores today and posted positive flips.
NOT one store was unable to quote the games I asked about. (except wii smarty pants...what is that one capa?)

Here are some stores for you to try.
10.93Cooldge/10 Mile24770 Coolidge
Oak Park, MI 48237-1450 Yes
Mon - Thu: 10:00AM - 11:00PM
Fri - Sat: 10:00AM - Midnight
Sun : 10:00AM - 11:00PM
(248) 545-780020.96Woodward/Catalpa27942 Woodward Ave.
Royal Oak, MI 48067-0932 YesMon - Thu: 10:00AM - Midnight
Fri - Sat: 10:00AM - 01:00AM
Sun : 10:00AM - Midnight
(248) 544-322231.989 Mile/Livernos750 W.9 Mile Road Unit D
Ferndale, MI 48220-1218 YesMon - Thu: 10:00AM - Midnight
Fri - Sat: 10:00AM - 01:00AM
Sun : 10:00AM - Midnight
(248) 545-691043.34Southfield/12 Mil29952 Southfield Road
Southfield, MI 48076-2090 Yes
Mon - Thu: 10:00AM - 11:00PM
(248) 559-040053.5314 Mile/Crooks1255 West 14 Mile Road
Clawson, MI 48017-2802 YesMon - Thu: 10:00AM - 11:00PM
(248) 435-6420

PS dys006...You're the best!

Smarty Pants is a kids trivia type game. I have a niece and nephew turning 11 who were born almost 3 mos early and have cerebral palsy. I'm kind of hoping maybe the wii will help them with muscle control, if they see direct visual responses to their movements. We are getting them a wii and I'm loading up on the educational software during this sale. So far I have Big Brain, Smarty Pants, and Cosmic Family. Still gonna get Cranium Kabooki, and then have to get some controllers on the b2g1. I was going to get a wii fit, but i might keep an eye out for that new Outdoor Life kids game thats kind of like fit. Earlier I bought 6 games, and the 4 I flip basically paid for Cosmic Family and Big Brain with a small profit, and at the last store I went to, I grabbed 8 to flip and Smarty Pants to give to them. I dunno if it's a good flip or not, thats not why I bought it

edit---if anyone can recomment other good kids software, please do on here or PM. I dunno about that Word Coach game, I'll grab that if I can get it with a big group and get it free.

Thanks IO for letting me know that you posted about Rock Band 2 drum sets. It's been hard keeping up! You know I've been around for a while now and have usually kept up but the pages have been mounting up at a pretty fast rate. Either that or my age is bringing me down hehe.

For post control, is there a way for the mod to delete posts that keep asking for trade in prices? I mean, the posts are repetitive and add no value to the discussion.

[quote name='nakanenui']For post control, is there a way for the mod to delete posts that keep asking for trade in prices? I mean, the posts are repetitive and add no value to the discussion.[/quote]

and they only cause angry and long-time contributors of this thread to lash out with multiple pages of posts condemning the "n00bz" to CAGhell

Got the hammer put on my account today, manager was completely confused and called his hotline. They said I would get a letter soon. He is a really nice guy and said he wished he could over ride it. Gamestop is gonna hate this 18 game return...HEHEHEHHEHe.

Manager said that the hotline says I have 4 grand in outstanding credit, my math has me at just under 3. hmmmmm.....

This is probably for the best, I missed surfing today's head high waves to do all this running around. Now I feel like a sucker....Outer Banks tomorrow though....

Thanks to all the posters here. BB TIV gow-25

[quote name='cdeener']How much does Zack & Wiki get because I don't want even money on it if I trade it in to Gamestop?[/quote]

$11

you're welcome;)

[quote name='animemaniac14']and they only cause angry and long-time contributors of this thread to lash out with multiple pages of posts condemning the "n00bz" to CAGhell[/quote]

Yeah because your so superior to everyone else around here

For whoever was looking for Smarty Pants trade in price. The reason they couldn't find it in the system is because it's under Wii- EA Smarty Pants. The EA is what throws it off, but it's like that for a few Wii games for some reason.

[quote name='egofed']Got the hammer put on my account today...

BB TIV gow-25[/quote]
Sorry to hear about your ban, but many thanks for the TIV! While doing a BBV>GS trade-in yesterday I found a pristine Collector's Edition of GOW for $26.51 with coupon.. my second regular copy will now go to BBV for $25. I'll gladly take a CE upgrade for $1.51. :bouncy:

This ban hammer is really scaring the shit out of me. BBV must be cracking down now. I've only traded 10 games in the past 7 days, but it's still worrying me. I'm just going to trade in my last 3 games tomorrow and I'm done trading into BBV until I can transfer all my credit from BBV to GS.

Moderation is the key people... Don't abuse this or it's going to be gone for everyone.

[quote name='DarkRider23']This ban hammer is really scaring the shit out of me. BBV must be cracking down now. I've only traded 10 games in the past 7 days, but it's still worrying me. I'm just going to trade in my last 3 games tomorrow and I'm done trading into BBV until I can transfer all my credit from BBV to GS.

Moderation is the key people... Don't abuse this or it's going to be gone for everyone.[/quote]
I wonder how long they're keeping these trade records for, because if one day they link up their collective database.. :oops:

[quote name='Derrick1979']Yeah because your so superior to everyone else around here[/quote]

perhaps my post was misinterpreted...i wasn't saying that I (emphasis on the "I") was superior nor was I even implying that man...I was simply stating an observation...Nearly every page has angry posters telling the noobz to "call themselves" or w/e...so, no accusations my friend :)

[quote name='Guerrilla']I wonder how long they're keeping these trade records for, because if one day they link up their collective database.. :oops:[/quote]

I would laugh so hard. I think I'm going to be sticking to trading in 1 copy of each game from now on. It's not really worth getting banned. 2+ copies of the really good games ;).

Confirmed the freeze on my trade account. Manager was cheerful while pointing out that I could still rent from his store but didn't seem to have any info about why the suspension occurred. Was only given the voice mail number for the DM. Left a message but I doubt I'll get a callback before next week. I just had to find out on a Thursday/Friday!

I had my mom open a trade account with me at various stores a few years back when I first started flipping. She hasn't traded/rented anything since then so I'm not even sure her account is still active. Probably not worth the hassle to find out right now. I'll see how all this works out with the DM first...

Today at BBV, they were giving away lego batman posters for renting or buying the game. One side has Batman and the other side has the joker. I bought 1 and they also gave me one of those orange summer gaming bags.

I also found a near mint copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence at BBV for 19.99. It has both discs, no manual, and the cover is a little faded from the sun. I already have Twin Snakes for Gamecube and MGS3: Snake eater for the ps2. Which do you guys think I should keep and which should I sell on ebay or trade? (I still have a sealed copy of MGS4 that I got with my PS3, so I figure I should play the old ones but I can't decide which.)

Also, a different BBV had a few horror movie figures at the checkout line. They had a couple Michael Myers ones, 1 Pinhead from Hellraiser, and a Beetlejuice. I already have 9 or 10 of the stupid framed artworks, so I'm probably not going to buy anymore stupid stuff like figures until they are 50% off.

I traded in 6 games (I got from the buy 2 get 1 used game sale at Gamestop) paid $65 out of pocket, and traded them to blockbuster

I recieved $142 in credit

I bought w/ the credit

-Brothers in Arm: Highway to Hell (360)
-NBA 2k9 -360- (Fully paid off)
-Iron Man Bobble Head (Free w/ Reserve)
-Iron Man 2 Disc Blu-Ray (Paid off)

[quote name='animemaniac14']perhaps my post was misinterpreted...i wasn't saying that I (emphasis on the "I") was superior nor was I even implying that man...I was simply stating an observation...Nearly every page has angry posters telling the noobz to "call themselves" or w/e...so, no accusations my friend :)[/quote]

It is so easy to forget one was in the same boat at one time

I started flipping last week. Are any of these bans happening to newbie flippers like me? I've traded multiple copies of a couple games but nothing has been said, no suspicion of theft, and I always purchase stuff from the same BB. I know there's a couple managers here on this thread and was hoping to get input on whether these bans are automatic from a corporate audit, or is is the GM/DM calling corporate on possible sketchiness? If the latter is the case, then all we have to do is stay away from the pricks. Being into 1 week of flipping (about $200-300 flipped already), am I in any risk yet? Because I wanna have fun with this b2g1 deal.

[quote name='Poor2More']I traded in 6 games (I got from the buy 2 get 1 used game sale at Gamestop) paid $65 out of pocket, and traded them to blockbuster

I recieved $142 in credit

[/quote]

do you mind sharing which 6 games turned $65 into $142?

[quote name='Derrick1979']It is so easy to forget one was in the same boat at one time[/QUOTE]

That's BS. Some of us have never ever asked for a quote while posting as much info as possible. Some CAGs, veterans included, are to lazy to even search back a couple of pages to find the answer to their question. Just stop asking for a tiv and call. If someone has a legimate noobish question, I'm sure someone would be willing to answer. I'm not singling anyone out, I'm just posting what I see happen everyday.

/rant

[quote name='egofed']Got the hammer put on my account today, manager was completely confused and called his hotline. They said I would get a letter soon. He is a really nice guy and said he wished he could over ride it. Gamestop is gonna hate this 18 game return...HEHEHEHHEHe.

Manager said that the hotline says I have 4 grand in outstanding credit, my math has me at just under 3. hmmmmm.....
[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - I wonder if a huge amount of outstanding credit is an issue then? Did you have it on store accounts or Value cards? If they are keeping track of which Value cards we own and how much they have that is kind of scary. However, due to the ability to flip games back to GS I don't have nearly that much. Regardless, I think I'll cool it completely for a while. Maybe I'll actually get to playing some of this stuff!

[quote name='nakanenui']For post control, is there a way for the mod to delete posts that keep asking for trade in prices? I mean, the posts are repetitive and add no value to the discussion.[/QUOTE]

"The mod" could do so, but he has enough to deal with and going through and deleting posts takes time for something that isn't that big a deal. Or so I've heard that's how "the mod" feels ;).

Anyway, I just hiked 7 miles in the desert and now I'm off to a Chinese stir fry buffet :)drool:) and to a used book store that takes old game guides for trade (wonder where those came from? :lol:).

Ugh, I spent a while trading today... and I ended up just passing on a load of trade fodder to BBV (code lyoko, luxor and a few others) because I'm absolutely tired. I started with ~100$ in GS credit... and ended up with 700$, 4 PS3 Eyes, Endless Ocean, RE4 Wii, PES3, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, 40$ BBV and some other minor games. No major flips though, but it's fun to bring one of every 10-11 game into each GS. I stopped at a number of BBV that had every wii and 360 game on that list.

[quote name='io']Hmmm - I wonder if a huge amount of outstanding credit is an issue then? Did you have it on store accounts or Value cards? If they are keeping track of which Value cards we own and how much they have that is kind of scary. However, due to the ability to flip games back to GS I don't have nearly that much. Regardless, I think I'll cool it completely for a while. Maybe I'll actually get to playing some of this stuff!

[/quote]

I think you might be on to something because I've noticed that recently when I buy something from BB using the valuecard, they ask for my BB card whereas before they never really cared. With all the recent bans, it seems that some of the higher ups at BBV might be up to something. It feels as though right now would be a good time to take a break from flipping, especially for those of us who made off really well during the "perfect storm" during the summer.

[quote name='io']
Anyway, I just hiked 7 miles in the desert and now I'm off to a Chinese stir fry buffet :)drool:) and to a used book store that takes old game guides for trade (wonder where those came from? :lol:).[/quote]

Where did those come from? I wouldn't mind getting my hand on a few.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Today at BBV, they were giving away lego batman posters for renting or buying the game. One side has Batman and the other side has the joker. I bought 1 and they also gave me one of those orange summer gaming bags.

Also, a different BBV had a few horror movie figures at the checkout line. They had a couple Michael Myers ones, 1 Pinhead from Hellraiser, and a Beetlejuice. I already have 9 or 10 of the stupid framed artworks, so I'm probably not going to buy anymore stupid stuff like figures until they are 50% off.[/quote]

Damn.... I saw those posters today but didn't ask if I could have one. I rented Lego Batman on tuesday... maybe they'll give me one still.

I didn't see a Beetlejuice figure at my store, but they had the other two and also Chucky from Child's Play.

[quote name='dyeknom']Ugh, I spent a while trading today... and I ended up just passing on a load of trade fodder to BBV (code lyoko, luxor and a few others) because I'm absolutely tired. I started with ~100$ in GS credit... and ended up with 700$, 4 PS3 Eyes, Endless Ocean, RE4 Wii, PES3, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery, 40$ BBV and some other minor games. No major flips though, but it's fun to bring one of every 10-11 game into each GS. I stopped at a number of BBV that had every wii and 360 game on that list.[/quote]

how the hell did you end up with $700 in Credit?!

[quote name='Poor2More']Alone in the dark 360x2 ($9-->$30)
Rock and roll
Sega superstar tennisx3

I still have 2 to trade still[/quote]
If you don't mind me asking...how much is Alone In The Dark before the discount at GS? I see them listed as $39.99...so I'm not sure how it came out to $9?

Thanks!

[quote name='yuy104']If you don't mind me asking...how much is Alone In The Dark before the discount at GS? I see them listed as $39.99...so I'm not sure how it came out to $9?

Thanks![/quote]
He got in in the $9.90 gogamer.com deal that was up last week

Update TIVs/date for page one.
PS3 History Channel $23
Wii Bust o Move $20
Wii Dancing With The Stars $16 :bomb:
360 Fatal Inertia $25
PS3 Dark Sector $9 :bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck
Hit Gamestop, found 8 Wii flippables and a Wii Sports.
Hit a Blockbuster on my way to work to trade 5 that I was able
to get the stickers off of while driving.
You know where this is going.......
Hand the clerk my games, my card....wait for it.......
"Sorry, note here says you can't trade until you talk to the manager. He's gone for the weekend.":no:
I've been flipping since last fall. Besides Beowulf when I was a noob,
the only title I've pushed my than one copy per store
was when I got 10 Fantastic Fours during the $4---$30 flip.
Total, I've traded at 9 Blockblusters. Two stores have my wife as primary,
so hopefully i'm still safe at those, at least to dump these 8 i just got.
All in all, i'm not too upset. In the last year i've done pretty well.
I'm getting too old for this anyway.
When I do call, do I tell the Store Manager to check out this thread and read the 1st and 2nd post? :lol:
Yesterday, played Rockband, I was on guitar, my 4 year old on drums, and my 2 year old screamed into the mic. Thank god for 'no fail' mode.
At least i'll have more time to play.

I'm just recruiting girls I know to open trade accounts and take in games for me. They'll never find me searching for 5 girls with seperate accounts trading games

[quote name='Capa']I'm just recruiting girls I know to open trade accounts and take in games for me. They'll never find me searching for 5 girls with seperate accounts trading games[/quote]
If you can find 5 girls to recruit, you got to find something better to do than take them to Blockbuster to trade games. ;)

bread's done
Back