The General 360 Owners/Buyers FAQ Thread (Updated 1/15/10)

[quote name='donut']Update TIVs/date for page one.
PS3 History Channel $23
Wii Bust o Move $20
Wii Dancing With The Stars $16 :bomb:
360 Fatal Inertia $25
PS3 Dark Sector $16 :bomb:[/quote]

Dark Sector has been $16 for a while now. Fortunately, it's only $17.99 (about $12.59 after coupon), so it's still a positive flip at the very least.

Anyway, went to flip a couple of games from BBV to GS so I had enough to buy AC:FA (was going to wait until it came in used so I could use the coupons, but eh, it's worth it).

BBV > GS (without bonuses or Edge):

Spyro: $9.99 > $6
Rayman (360): $14.99 > $5

Lost $5 on the Rayman, but whatever. I had way too much BBV credit on my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since there is so much talk of banning:roll: the truth is...the only way flipping will work for you is if:
1. you have a number of bbv and GS in your area WITH flippable titles.
2. the BBV and GS you trade with know about what you are doing and dont have a problem with it. (because you will have to explain yourself eventually). I dont care how 007 you think you guys are.:roll:
3. the BBV and GS in your area allow for multiple trade ins of the same title (THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT WITH SO LIMITED NUMBER OF FLIPPABLE TITLES)
You cannot flip one game here and there and think you will see a big payoff. I have been above $400 BBV credit a number of times but ONLY because the local BBV and GS stores know what im doing and dont have a problem with. I dont see how anyone could make a real profit of flipping if they never trade in dups. I managed to trade 14 Fantastic 4s (wii) into the same store over a week.

[quote name='stone1061']fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck

All in all, i'm not too upset.

[/quote]

:rofl:

*Ahem* Anyway, someone in the Tampa Bay area cleaned out a ton of PS3 Sega Superstars Tennis at local Gamestops. I guess the lurkers in my area are getting more active.

Also, all of this banning is making me nervous. I don't think I've hit the kind of numbers many of you produce, but I'm probably at a lifetime total in the $3,000+ range. I was thinking of flipping some GS credit to get another $100 at BBV and buy a $359 40gig PS3, but now I don't know...

[quote name='xfade']Where did those come from? I wouldn't mind getting my hand on a few.[/QUOTE]

Look for the penny guide thread here on CAG. I thought everyone knew about it, but I guess you are pretty new. I have tons of excess guides and I take them to Arizona with me when I travel here just to trade at this one store (which I ain't mentioning so don't ask). Yeah, my suitcase had all my work clothes and then about 10 pounds of game guides. I have to be careful not to go over the weight limit or get charged the excess handling fee :lol:.

[quote name='animemaniac14']how the hell did you end up with $700 in Credit?![/QUOTE]

I was wondering this myself - especially given all the extra stuff he seemed to pick up. I mean, I probably spent around 15 hours running to BB and GS stores while I was here this week and ended up DOWN $70 bucks or so at both stores (combined) but with a nice haul of games to bring home (detailed in an earlier post). There would be no way no how I could do that and end up with a $700 credit profit unless I flipped ungodly amounts of games that would surely lead to bans at both GS and BB. As it is, the guys at the GS stores down here were starting to recognize me since I went to about 4 of them multiple times.

[quote name='stone1061']If you can find 5 girls to recruit, you got to find something better to do than take them to Blockbuster to trade games. ;)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:... At my age, if I tried to "recruit" girls for anything I'd get in all sorts of trouble. Hopefully the ban hammer won't come down on me (again) as I wouldn't dare ask my wife to help me by opening accounts or trading games for me - she's annoyed by my game runs as it is and would love to see it stop :lol:.

After all the tales of bannings, I am now sure that I am not going to trade anything to Blockbuster for at least a few weeks and probably a month or more unless something on the scale of FFRoSS comes around ;).

[quote name='tianxia']Dark Sector has been $16 for a while now. Fortunately, it's only $17.99 (about $12.59 after coupon), so it's still a positive flip at the very least.

Anyway, went to flip a couple of games from BBV to GS so I had enough to buy AC:FA (was going to wait until it came in used so I could use the coupons, but eh, it's worth it).

BBV > GS (without bonuses or Edge):

Spyro: $9.99 > $5
Rayman (360): $14.99 > $5

Lost $5 on the Rayman, but whatever. I had way too much BBV credit on my hands.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've had Dark Sector at $16 in the second post for a while now.

As for that Spyro quote - I just traded one at 1pm Pacific Friday and still got $6. You sure you have that right? Or did it drop at GS mid-day?

After all the tales of bannings, I am now sure that I am not going to trade anything to Blockbuster for at least a few weeks and probably a month or more unless something on the scale of FFRoSS comes around ;).

I only trade 3-4 games a week, tops, since I only have one BBV between my dorm and my house (I do laundry at home to save money). Guess I'm probably safe. Sounds like most of the people who've gotten banned have been doing absurd amounts of trading.

Seriously, if you have all that credit, use it for something. Don't let it pile up to four digits.

As for that Spyro quote - I just traded one at 1pm Pacific Friday and still got $6. You sure you have that right? Or did it drop at GS mid-day?

Yeah, I just checked my receipt and it was a typo. I'll change it in the original post to avoid confusion as well.

All this talk of getting banned. I've certainly done a lot more than some of you and have never had an issue. I think this might be because I trade in 4 different districts but I really have no idea.

Sorry to hear about your ban Stone. Hopefully you can get another account :)

[quote name='GoVols']Does the 40 gb ps3 come with a dualshock controller???[/quote]

No, it doesn't.

[quote name='stone1061']When I do call, do I tell the Store Manager to check out this thread and read the 1st and 2nd post? :lol:[/quote]

I'm going to assume the smiley means that was a joke.

Again, moderation really is the key here...... either that or BB is really starting to crack down. I mean like 3-4 people getting banned in the last couple of pages. Sheesh.

[quote name='elmyra']:rofl:

*Ahem* Anyway, someone in the Tampa Bay area cleaned out a ton of PS3 Sega Superstars Tennis at local Gamestops. I guess the lurkers in my area are getting more active.
[/quote]

There haven't been any SST's in Tampa stores for months. Whenever one store would get one in, I usually snagged it up. The one at Northpoint is disc only.

I know its Semi O/T, but anyone looking for B2G1 filler and want to earn some FYE credit, FYE pays $33.13 for Rock Band (ps3 & 360) or if you pre-order a game you get $40. With the B2G1, RB PS3 should be around $21, so $21 -> $40 aint too bad.

[quote name='mkernan']No, it doesn't.

I'm going to assume the smiley means that was a joke.

Again, moderation really is the key here...... either that or BB is really starting to crack down. I mean like 3-4 people getting banned in the last couple of pages. Sheesh.[/quote]
Yes, it was a joke to tell the Store Manager to read the posts. That is the first thing noobs are told to do so I thought it funny that is what I should tell him to do before asking me where I got all the stuff I trade.
I haven't been trading too much lately. At that store in particular, I think the last one was a Bust a move Bash a few weeks ago. They wouldn't take a DBZ3 since it was the wrong UPC. Most trading has been at two stores closer to home, and even there it's been pretty moderate. I've been maintaining around $500 credit between BB and GS, using profits from flips to get stuff for me. Most of the credit is/was at GS.
I'll give my wifes acct a shot at one store tomorrow and if it works, will dump the others i have Sunday at the second store with her acct, then see what happens when I call.

I went into work today shocked to find out that were going to offer preorder bonuses that are NOT framed art (for once).

Gears of War 2 preorder gets you a free comic book
Midnight Club preorder gets you a free rental
Fable 2 gets you a picture (which are the dumbest things ever)
Fallout 3 gets you stickers of the "vault boy" is what they called it

Also, the Lego Batman posters are for people who bought or preordered it, and since like no one did, we have just been giving them away, so dont be afraid to ask. They are pretty cool looking.

So make sure you get the items when you pick them up.

man...using this B2G1 free deal..im really hopin to grab a couple things from bbv including Xbox live 12 month gold membership, Okami (wii), Metroid 3 (wii), iron man (blu-ray..and already pre-ordered and pricematching CC's sunday ad), and going to pre-order Silent Hill Homecoming, Guitar Hero On Tour, and Gears of War 2 :whistle2:D

k wtf i randomly have a moderate nat
im using a laptop bridge through a linksys wrt54g2 router
weird thing is i havent done anything and before tonight live was working fine with an open nat

edit:well i just bridged my connection instead of sharing it and my nats open
is there any difference with a bridged connection instead of a shared?

[quote name='Capa']Just got WSOP and HistCh for PS3
BAM, Puppy Lovex2,DwtS,High School Musical,Sea Monsters, and Smarty Pants to use as a gift.
Cost 136,-->181 with 1 left over to give to my niece[/quote]

back in business?

Someone posted a full Rockband set for 65, at 1:45 AM for some reason. I'm hoping to get it and flip Rockband, the game for 26. Does anyone know if I can use the transfer tool without owning Rockband 2?

[quote name='Bezerker']I know its Semi O/T, but anyone looking for B2G1 filler and want to earn some FYE credit, FYE pays $33.13 for Rock Band (ps3 & 360) or if you pre-order a game you get $40. With the B2G1, RB PS3 should be around $21, so $21 -> $40 aint too bad.[/quote]

it must have just dropped cause secondspin shows rockband only getting $5. rockband 2 will get the 33.13 though. i was getting excited for a bit there as im almost out of fye credit after picking up a bunch of blu-rays.

[quote name='Bezerker']There haven't been any SST's in Tampa stores for months. Whenever one store would get one in, I usually snagged it up. The one at Northpoint is disc only. [/quote]

Ah, I saw a bunch of copies listed on the tracker in Pinellas a couple of days ago, and then they were gone when I checked today (Friday). I thought I also saw some in Tampa. Maybe I made a mistake and looked at the page for the new copies...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone posted a full Rockband set for 65, at 1:45 AM for some reason. I'm hoping to get it and flip Rockband, the game for 26. Does anyone know if I can use the transfer tool without owning Rockband 2?[/quote]

Yup, it just needs an online update then the export feature will show up in the options.

[quote name='io']

:rofl:... At my age, if I tried to "recruit" girls for anything I'd get in all sorts of trouble. Hopefully the ban hammer won't come down on me (again) as I wouldn't dare ask my wife to help me by opening accounts or trading games for me - she's annoyed by my game runs as it is and would love to see it stop :lol:.

After all the tales of bannings, I am now sure that I am not going to trade anything to Blockbuster for at least a few weeks and probably a month or more unless something on the scale of FFRoSS comes around ;).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thats the exact reason my gf won't do it. She's annoyed that I do it anyway, lol.

And all the FYE here won't accept trade in games...or are the employees lazy?

And I'm in business on the GS side, as I said I'm going to recruit people to trade in to BB for me. I've got $500 in BB credit waiting to be traded in, and about 220 left at GS...If I run this morning and blow that, I'll be looking at $850-$900 that needs to get into BB, then hopefully I can run 400 of that or so back to GS before tomorrow, and then flip all that back to BB for another 700-750. All hinges on me getting someone to start trading for me early this afternoon...luckily the most I have of any title is 3, so 3-4 stops should get my cleared out, and here that can be done in 2 hours easy.
I also have a Target with 3 EoJs left at 17.48, I need to go grab those today too

[quote name='ghozt']it must have just dropped cause secondspin shows rockband only getting $5. rockband 2 will get the 33.13 though. i was getting excited for a bit there as im almost out of fye credit after picking up a bunch of blu-rays.[/quote]

Argh, I forgot to wear my aluminum foil cap. I swear their satellites get you when they least expect it...

Hail to the Chimp 360 should be $12.XX -> $20/$23 depending on if you pre-order something.

Some FYE's wont take trade ins, I remember most were clearing out their video game sections due to their market area. Its also quite YMMV on finding FYE employees that know what they're doing. I may update the 45% bonus thread as soon as I get back from the mall later today.

We need to create steps to go through once banned. It seems like you must wait for some letter, however, what then? Does it last a year, 6 months, permanent????

[quote name='DarkRider23']This ban hammer is really scaring the shit out of me. BBV must be cracking down now. I've only traded 10 games in the past 7 days, but it's still worrying me. I'm just going to trade in my last 3 games tomorrow and I'm done trading into BBV until I can transfer all my credit from BBV to GS.

Moderation is the key people... Don't abuse this or it's going to be gone for everyone.[/quote]

I'm going to slow down. I've been flipping like crazy and it would probably work out well if I held off until a few days before Fable 2 comes out. Barring any "super flips", that will give some time for some new flips to appear that I can use.

It's going to be gone for everyone eventually, but not for awhile. It's going to take Blockbuster quite a bit of time before they can reach the level that Gamestop conducts video game sales at. So they're either going to keep offering better trade-in prices until they reach that point, or just give up. The margins may decrease over time, but there should be ample flipping opportunities until Blockbuster achieves that level.

[quote name='tianxia']Seriously, if you have all that credit, use it for something. Don't let it pile up to four digits.[/quote]

Totally agree with you. I think the highest I let my credit get was $500 and then I found a Wii. After that I have always remained under $200. What do you really need $1000 in credit for? I can understand if you're near one of those electronics stores, but if it's just at regular old BBV or GS then what are you holding out for? Building credit for the zombie apocalypse? Cause I'll tell ya, when those zombies rise up all the Blockbuster credit in the world isn't gonna save you from those fiends.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']All this talk of getting banned. I've certainly done a lot more than some of you and have never had an issue. I think this might be because I trade in 4 different districts but I really have no idea.

Sorry to hear about your ban Stone. Hopefully you can get another account :)[/quote]

I trade at a lot of stores and aside from one store mentioning that I had been "flagged", I haven't seen any recourse. Mind you, this store is not in a very safe neighborhood. The Pizza Hut in the shopping center across from it has been robbed a dozen times in the past couple years, so I can see why people in the area may be accused of stealing.

[quote name='mrmustang16']I went into work today shocked to find out that were going to offer preorder bonuses that are NOT framed art (for once).

Also, the Lego Batman posters are for people who bought or preordered it, and since like no one did, we have just been giving them away, so dont be afraid to ask. They are pretty cool looking.

So make sure you get the items when you pick them up.[/quote]

Whoa, Fallout 3 stickers... I have throughly enjoyed that soundtrack sampler they give you at GS for preordering Fallout 3. Way way old school, but it makes you wonder where the hell all the innuendo and symbolism went in music today. If you can figure out what Butcher Pete is doing when he's "choppin", that is one perverse song.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Someone posted a full Rockband set for 65, at 1:45 AM for some reason. I'm hoping to get it and flip Rockband, the game for 26. Does anyone know if I can use the transfer tool without owning Rockband 2?[/quote]

[quote name='whymustiregister']Yup, it just needs an online update then the export feature will show up in the options.[/quote]

Yeah, the transfer tool is in Rockband and it transfers the tracks to your hard drive. Rockband 2 isn't involved at all in the process (other than for playing the songs).

[quote name='Capa']Yeah, thats the exact reason my gf won't do it. She's annoyed that I do it anyway, lol.[/quote]

Heh, just do what I did, let your wife/gf spend a couple hundred on DVDs. Now when there's a good coupon or sale my wife will ask "are you going flipping today?"

[quote name='GoVols']We need to create steps to go through once banned. It seems like you must wait for some letter, however, what then? Does it last a year, 6 months, permanent????[/quote]

What were you banned for? Did they think you were stealing? They can only ban you if they think the games are stolen. I would call BBV Corp and tell them you have receipts. That should do it. Or call the Dm for the area and explain what you were doing. More than likely they will just restrict you to 2 copies of the same game per account. DONT BE SCARED TO FIGHT BACK.:D A few months back i fought the BBV powers at be and WON. I now trade with no limits and got some kind of free rental card for them accusing me of stealing with no proof.

Wow, seems like a lot of people getting banned. I haven't flipped much in the past....usually just one copy of each game if I do flip. I think over my life...I maybe had 5-6 multiple copies.

I want to trade in Ratchet & Clank and Heavenly Sword, but I do not want to get banned. I'm sure I am fine....I think I still have around $300+ on a Value Card.

[quote name='mrmustang16']I went into work today shocked to find out that were going to offer preorder bonuses that are NOT framed art (for once).

So make sure you get the items when you pick them up.[/QUOTE]

Will we still get codes for Banjo Kazooie XBLA if we preorder the new 360 game? I got one of those 360 emails that talks up the latest downloads and products and never saw mention of this being exclusive to Gamestop.

[quote name='king007'] They can only ban you if they think the games are stolen.[/quote]

Apparently there is also a supposed $10,000 flag in place. I've never raised any eyebrows with my trading except for once when I traded in Eye Of Judgment w/o camera (which I quickly fixed). However, considering I traded at least $6,000 between May & September, It may be possible that I hit the limit based on my total time of trading (3.5 years).

I'm cool with all the managers at the stores I go to. Most of them loved to see me trade in stuff that they wouldn't normally get, so I really can't see one of them being the culprit in getting me suspended. The one store that I had issues with, I stopped going to, so they would have no reason either.

I sent in an email through the website and got a call back from the DM asking me to call him. The DM is a douche who is fairly un-educated when it comes to BB policies & procedures. I'm a little reluctant to talk to him, at least until I can come up with counterpoints to anything he may try to bring up in conversation.

I found my dad's membership card, so im going to see if my manager buddy will let me sign up for a trading acct on his behalf.

*edit*

For anyone looking to start out with some cash flips, heres a decent flip ($20 -> $35):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000UCKELI/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20

I sent an email two days ago, and haven't received any phone call. I think I was the first one who knew he was banned, and I stilll don't have the letter. I can confirm the 10,000 flag is in place, I was told so on the phone by a CSR at the 800 customer service line.

And-anyone interested in Mirrors Edge, get the preorder at GS...this bag is actually pretty cool. Its a decent size record bag actually, if anyone spins. I just fit 30 records into it, and it has 6 pockets on the side for other stuff

From what I've been reading it's pretty understandable that BB is looking into your accounts considering a vast number of you are bragging about having hundreds of dollars in credit. I've been told in the past by a BB employee that BB views credit as a loss for the store. If you're carrying hundreds of dollars in credit on your account (and maybe even the cards) then I'm sure it's raising a red flag. I think this whole banning has less to do with multiple titles being traded (although I'm sure that's part of the problem with some of you trading in over 10 copies of a single game in a district), and more to do with the massive amounts of credit you're carrying.

I also had a couple of stores leave messages with one of the DMs here, and I myself left one, and he never called me back. I wonder if BB wanted to ban us before a big promotion coming up(maybe the B1G1 again?)

Since July most of my credit from Blockbuster is spent right away on stuff to go back to Gamestop. So I haven't been leaving too much there.
I'd be surprised if I hit $10000 in my trading history.
From the top of my head, since last winter, $600 PS3 bundle, 4 wii's, 3 wii fits, a few DS lites. I got 4 wii's from GS during the 'storm', so i must have had some BB credit used to get the stuff to transfer over.
GH 3 bundles.
I'd guess i'm at around $4-5000 since last fall.

[quote name='stone1061']Since July most of my credit from Blockbuster is spent right away on stuff to go back to Gamestop. So I haven't been leaving too much there.
I'd be surprised if I hit $10000 in my trading history.
From the top of my head, since last winter, $600 PS3 bundle, 4 wii's, 3 wii fits, a few DS lites. I got 4 wii's from GS during the 'storm', so i must have had some BB credit used to get the stuff to transfer over.
GH 3 bundles.
I'd guess i'm at around $4-5000 since last fall.[/quote]

When you see something like this I can only wonder how much are you putting in out of pocket in the long run just to gets these flips going?

For the most part, when i use money it's from my paypal debit card from flips I sold on Ebay. So while it is 'cash', it is just credit i flipped into cash.
Since the F4 flips,(they only cost $40) i've been doing everything with credit from BB and GS.
I didn't partake in any recent Circuit City or Target flips.
Last target flips were during the magical $10 off coupon when 360 games were free(cars, cod2, etc.) and those went to Gamestop with the trade 2 get $10 promo back then.

I started with $200 cash during the B1G1, and I had about $200 in GS credit already saving up for a PS3. I've also put another 200-300 in buying clearance games at Kmart and CC to flip

[quote name='Bezerker']I know its Semi O/T, but anyone looking for B2G1 filler and want to earn some FYE credit, FYE pays $33.13 for Rock Band (ps3 & 360) or if you pre-order a game you get $40. With the B2G1, RB PS3 should be around $21, so $21 -> $40 aint too bad.[/quote]
Are you sure....isn't wherehouse.com the place to check TIVs? B/c it's not even close to $33.
EDIT: Nevermind, saw the post a few pages back.

And for this banning...I need to be more careful, and make sure I don't end up trading multiple copies of same game, even if they are a week apart. For example, when people said be careful trading more than 2 copies in at a time, I took note of that and never did, but now I think what you all are saying is if you traded in say Condemned 2 one day, then it again in 5 days, then again a week later, etc etc, that can raise red flags, correct?

[quote name='tianxia']If anyone needs a compiled list of games with TIVs, this is mine:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B51Y3UMG

The first sheet is GS > BBV, the second is BBV > GS.[/quote]

Very nice, thanks!

I think the flagging by a store is due to multiple copies.
Banning of account everywhere by DM or higher is due to total value of traded games.
I'd be surprised if mine was due to F4, which a trade 2 copies at a couple stores. That was 3 months ago, i'd think that would have caught up to me by now.
I'll report back later, going to go try my wifes account in a little bit.

New Jersey!

Quintox, from what I've seen through my time is that it all depends on your area managers and staff. For instance, I have done at least three trades of Octomania to the same store on seperate occassions recently and didn't get red flagged but I know for my area closest to me I'm the main person that trades in a lot of games. So, just make sure that you are cautious in your area. Another thing is that I have a friend that use to work in the local area so I am cool with the Store Manager at the main location I trade stuff into. Matter of fact whenever they have a sale she always messes with me to buy more to get rid of the stock she doesn't want.

How did we find out that the magic number for trade credit on an account is $10,000? Since I can't seem to find it exactly in the thread.

[quote name='Capa']I sent an email two days ago, and haven't received any phone call. I think I was the first one who knew he was banned, and I stilll don't have the letter. I can confirm the 10,000 flag is in place, I was told so on the phone by a CSR at the 800 customer service line.

And-anyone interested in Mirrors Edge, get the preorder at GS...this bag is actually pretty cool. Its a decent size record bag actually, if anyone spins. I just fit 30 records into it, and it has 6 pockets on the side for other stuff[/quote]

sweet i've been looking for a new record bag, even if it holds just 30 records.

[quote name='cdeener']How did we find out that the magic number for trade credit on an account is $10,000? Since I can't seem to find it exactly in the thread.[/quote]

[quote name='Capa']I sent an email two days ago, and haven't received any phone call. I think I was the first one who knew he was banned, and I stilll don't have the letter. I can confirm the 10,000 flag is in place, I was told so on the phone by a CSR at the 800 customer service line.[/quote]

:whistle2:#

i was banned a few months back. apparently the cap for my district is $6000. soon after my ban i recruited my sister to trade on my behalf and on occasion her boyfriend would use his account. a week ago they were both banned for reaching the max limit. thing is they've only reached $300 with no duplicates so this banning thing really has no distinct pattern to it. im starting to think the dm in my district is just a douche.

also, when i was banned i called the csr hotline as instructed by a manager. my case was forwarded to a field agent who was suppose to call me back within 2-3 business days. well, its been a couple months and i have yet to receive a call. never received any letter either.

I just went through a small flip phase ($250-300) these couple weeks, but I always turn the credit around quickly (in the same store, if possible). I think I'll stop for the time being.

bread's done
Back