Xenoblade Chronicles

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']What about that extra disc that came with the collector edition of Rebirth? You need that....now I'm being a jerk by making you work harder to hunt extra stuff down :p[/QUOTE]

I have the extra disc actually... lol.

[quote name='Woocls']Fine, if you want to be technical it's 2 games... the original and the GU series.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wasn't trying to come off as rude, just silly. The first game was really good, I was just a little irritated back then that the games were developed and released without much variety or improvements between them.

It amazes me how people can go on about so many bad experiences with a single company. All it takes is one or two for me and I take my business elsewhere.

It makes sense for Gamestop to cut down on the number of stores they have, it's crazy to have multiple stores within less than a mile of each other. There's one here in the mall and one across the street in a shopping center and when I've been in them it's rarely busy so I'd think that cutting one and having less rent and employees to pay would make sense.

[quote name='rlse9']It amazes me how people can go on about so many bad experiences with a single company. All it takes is one or two for me and I take my business elsewhere.

It makes sense for Gamestop to cut down on the number of stores they have, it's crazy to have multiple stores within less than a mile of each other. There's one here in the mall and one across the street in a shopping center and when I've been in them it's rarely busy so I'd think that cutting one and having less rent and employees to pay would make sense.[/QUOTE]
My local town has several within a few blocks of each other. Strangely enough they all seem to have people inside every time I go to one. So, business can't be that bad for them. My favorite is the 2 in the same strip mall.

There used to be 2 GS stores a Babbages in the Joliet, IL mall. Now there is one gamestop...and it's where the candy store originally was.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I've never really played ANY JRPGs, so could I get an opinion on how easy it is to get into?[/QUOTE]

Some of the more well known JRPG'S for PS2 are Dark cloud 1 & 2, Persona 3 (theres 2 versions of 3 odd enough) & 4, Xenosaga I II and III, and the .Hack's, I would reccomend them to ANYONE with a PS2, HECK while your at it, the PS1 games Digimon World 1 2 & 3 are fantastic as well! The best way to get into it is watch a few gameplay videos, see if you can get into it a little, if it looks fun then, pick it up, the great part is (minus digimon world) you can find the first game CIB for real cheap and easily. Most of them it's a $10 investment for the first one, so why not? (Persona 4 you can pick up new/sealed for about $20+)

[quote name='Hemi']Some of the more well known JRPG'S for PS2 are Dark cloud 1 & 2, Persona 3 (theres 2 versions of 3 odd enough) & 4, Xenosaga I II and III, and the .Hack's, I would reccomend them to ANYONE with a PS2, HECK while your at it, the PS1 games Digimon World 1 2 & 3 are fantastic as well! The best way to get into it is watch a few gameplay videos, see if you can get into it a little, if it looks fun then, pick it up, the great part is (minus digimon world) you can find the first game CIB for real cheap and easily. Most of them it's a $10 investment for the first one, so why not? (Persona 4 you can pick up new/sealed for about $20+)[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you forgot Final Fantasy but I love all your choices. Digimon world is probably my favorite game just because it has so much meaning to me. I must have bought at least 4 copies since they keep getting scratched up. I wish they would release it on PSN as it isn't getting any cheaper.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']If we're just naming PS2 jrpgs, then Suikoden for sure. That series is probably what I will miss the most. It was sort of like pokemon with humans.[/QUOTE]

Nocturne :<

I remember searching forever for a decent copy of Digital Devil Saga 2 when it was going for like 60+ on ebay before the reprints.

[quote name='Hemi']Some of the more well known JRPG'S for PS2 are Dark cloud 1 & 2, Persona 3 (theres 2 versions of 3 odd enough) & 4, Xenosaga I II and III, and the .Hack's, I would reccomend them to ANYONE with a PS2, HECK while your at it, the PS1 games Digimon World 1 2 & 3 are fantastic as well! The best way to get into it is watch a few gameplay videos, see if you can get into it a little, if it looks fun then, pick it up, the great part is (minus digimon world) you can find the first game CIB for real cheap and easily. Most of them it's a $10 investment for the first one, so why not? (Persona 4 you can pick up new/sealed for about $20+)[/QUOTE]
Some of the most well known ones are....SNES.

[quote name='PancakesAreLove']I'm surprised you forgot Final Fantasy but I love all your choices. Digimon world is probably my favorite game just because it has so much meaning to me. I must have bought at least 4 copies since they keep getting scratched up. I wish they would release it on PSN as it isn't getting any cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Didn't forget, but who doesn't know final fantasy? Besides It's soo well known I didn't feel the need to push onto him, and I tryed to keep it to PS2 games (besides digimon world), and FF is mostly PS1.

[quote name='Hemi']Didn't forget, but who doesn't know final fantasy? Besides It's soo well known I didn't feel the need to push onto him, and I tryed to keep it to PS2 games (besides digimon world), and FF is mostly PS1.[/QUOTE]

Someone fairly new to Jrpgs could not know FF.

I was just going by what you said which was well known PS2 jrpgs which are X, XII. Not starting an argument, just saying.

But yes those are ALL great JRPG's, the ones on SNES aren't that easy to start off with at this point, I find it's best to work back before you go retro.

They get new or used back in stock?

Well I guess that may be a loaded question, because I suspect a lot of the "new" copies will be used.

[quote name='209chromatic']Managed to order one, Radiant Dawn also went back in stock.[/QUOTE]

Grats, glad someone from cag got it.

Games that sell for $100+ on ebay (for just the disc) sell pretty quick when they only put one copy up. I'll keep posting as I see them come in stock.

God dammit, seriously, do you guys like wait there all day or what? :p

But I at least want Fire Emblem, I almost managed to get a copy for $35 from some stupid electronics store, but the incompetent fuck at the cash register couldn't find the disc out of their thousands of sports games. I just wanna play Fire Emblem!

I think I may just got the gamefly route to get Xenoblade since it's the same price now and less headache! A Gamestop near me has Fire Emblem I was debating on picking it up it's complete but the manual is pretty beat up, went to the store to pick up One piece Ultimate but it was disc only.

It was in stock?!? Grr missed it.

EDIT - ...30 mins ago?...you mean the 30 minutes ago I when I went to my local Gamestop to check if they had it in stock? Bleh.

Aww man I check everyday to see if there is any in stock, can't believe I missed it. Also the pre-owned copy that was somewhat close by sold the other day. I was just hoping it would stay there until my day off. Seems like I chose a bad time to want this game haha.

Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day? Here's a crazy thought, the yearly Call of Duty games would escalate to crazy prices too if they weren't readily available everywhere and absolutely effortless to find. JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?

At least The Last Story can be had for not too much money and it's of absolutely superb quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ohnoitschris']Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day? [/QUOTE]

Because Nintendon't

[quote name='TKSJOHN']GS has new copy 28 miles away from me for $49.99. I don't see what the big hype is about this game[/QUOTE]

Gamestop has a used copy 50 miles away. Gamestop has a new copy 80 miles away. Niether store actually has the game though.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']Oh my God. If there's this much demand for the game, why aren't there a ton of new copies being printed every day? Here's a crazy thought, the yearly Call of Duty games would escalate to crazy prices too if they weren't readily available everywhere and absolutely effortless to find. JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?

At least The Last Story can be had for not too much money and it's of absolutely superb quality.[/QUOTE]

Because GS makes more money selling used games. People actually want to keep RPGs instead of FPS where most people trade it in once they are done.

[quote name='ohnoitschris']JRPGs aren't niche anymore by any means, what's the deal with making them in such tiny quantities?[/QUOTE]

JRPGs are absolutely still niche in the grand scheme of things. If Nintendo had printed as many copies of Xenoblade as Activision prints of any given Call of Duty, it'd be sub-$10 new with multiple copies languishing at every Gamestop.

Nintendo has gotten burned on pretty much every recent JRPG they've put out in substantial numbers. Look at Glory of Heracles and Golden Sun DS - both were printed in absurd numbers and are now rotting of shelves nationwide. Granted neither of those were reviewed as well as Xenoblade, but it makes sense that Nintendo is being cautious with print numbers.

Also, the rarity and value of this game is making it seem much more desired than it actually is. I think a lot of people want it now for the sheer fact that it is rare. I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?

[quote name='Hemi']But yes those are ALL great JRPG's, the ones on SNES aren't that easy to start off with at this point, I find it's best to work back before you go retro.[/QUOTE]
I don't agree with this.

[quote name='Doomstink']I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?[/QUOTE]
This was already discussed way earlier in the thread.

The copies didn't just go away. People bought them.

[quote name='Hemi']Thats the least valuble of the 3 G.U//'s but still a good find, try 3 Redemption's, two Rebirth's three Remin's and two quarantine's. One of the quarantine CIB minus dvd, one rebirth CIB and two remin's CIB, the 3 redemption's are disc only but theres one nearby for $40 CIB at a local game store if I want it.[/QUOTE]

Did you go to the stores in Philly?

[quote name='Doomstink'] I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?[/QUOTE]

I was waiting it to drop to under $20 like I did for Heracles and Golden Sun. Of course I didn't know Nintendo wanted to print only half a million copies of Xenoblade....

Just a heads up. For those who plan on ordering a new copy or recently ordered one, don't expect to receive a factory sealed copy. Those are long gone.

You will MOST LIKELY receive a gutted copy pictured like mines below. Complete game with artwork, manualks, and the disc in a cover labeled as New.

I purchased two of them online and both came the same way. Several other members in this thread who recently purchased got gutted copies too. I was gonna complain but both discs didn't have any scratches. I also used a gift card and a coupon making it very cheap. Pretty tough to find a complete copy for under $60 now a days.

ra88x1.jpg

[quote name='Doomstink']JRPGs are absolutely still niche in the grand scheme of things. If Nintendo had printed as many copies of Xenoblade as Activision prints of any given Call of Duty, it'd be sub-$10 new with multiple copies languishing at every Gamestop.

Nintendo has gotten burned on pretty much every recent JRPG they've put out in substantial numbers. Look at Glory of Heracles and Golden Sun DS - both were printed in absurd numbers and are now rotting of shelves nationwide. Granted neither of those were reviewed as well as Xenoblade, but it makes sense that Nintendo is being cautious with print numbers.

Also, the rarity and value of this game is making it seem much more desired than it actually is. I think a lot of people want it now for the sheer fact that it is rare. I mean, where were all you guys for the seven or eight months this was readily available?[/QUOTE]
I know I held off because I expected it to be picked up later on the cheap. I sold off my wii (that was gathering dust) in anticipation of the Wii-U. So I don't even have something to play it on. Turns out nothing is out for the Wii-U that interests me so I sorta jumped the gun on that one...

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Gutted[/QUOTE]
That shit really pisses me off... What other business can you take a used product repackage it and call it new? Can a restaurant brush off the food I left on my plate and resell it? Can a car dealer say NEW with only 140,000 miles!? There's no way what they're doing should be legal.

[quote name='WhatsYoFlava']Gutted[/QUOTE]
That shit really pisses me off... What other business can you take a used product repackage it and call it new? Can a restaurant brush off the food I left on my plate and resell it? Can a car dealer say NEW with only 140,000 miles!? There's no way what they're doing should be legal.

bread's done
Back