Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

8YO7zzZ.png

That's like $195 btw. Based on eBay sold listings, they sell from anything from couple dollar to about $70. The higher ones being first run from China/Indonesia. So it's actually less farfetched than it probably seems..

I know your post is a month old, but just wanted to say that I don't know how many times this exact same thing happened to me. Some people can't deal with someone else getting something over them and so they do what they can to prevent that person from getting it. Worst one I remember is when I was on my way to picking up a gamecube lot about 40 mins away and right when I was about to get there, I get an email notification from the seller that the 'other potential buyer informed me of the value of my games and I'm no longer selling'. Ridiculous.

Wednesday guy had a N64, 4 controllers, 5 games (Goldeneye and Mario Kart being the 2 I can remember right now), and an HDMI converter box. Wants $40. I email him and ask if its available, says theres 2 guys ahead of me and to throw him an offer. I said "I have $52 on me if you want to bring it to my work right now." Says he needs to email the other guys to see if theyll offer more, also mentions how hes not a collector and just looking to sell stuff because hes moving out of the country.............About an hr later I get an email saying the bundle is $40 but Mario Kart is being sold separate because "I was informed it goes for $40".

Then yesterday hes got 4 different listings- $40 for the console, $15 apiece for the controllers, $15 for GE, and $40 for MK.............I said, "you wanted 40 the other day for everything and now you want like Ebay prices..........but you arent paying Ebay/Paypal/shipping prices.......good luck with that!"

Boy did I feel stupid thinking I actually found a decent deal on Craigslist!

Wednesday guy had a N64, 4 controllers, 5 games (Goldeneye and Mario Kart being the 2 I can remember right now), and an HDMI converter box. Wants $40. I email him and ask if its available, says theres 2 guys ahead of me and to throw him an offer. I said "I have $52 on me if you want to bring it to my work right now." Says he needs to email the other guys to see if theyll offer more, also mentions how hes not a collector and just looking to sell stuff because hes moving out of the country.............About an hr later I get an email saying the bundle is $40 but Mario Kart is being sold separate because "I was informed it goes for $40".

Then yesterday hes got 4 different listings- $40 for the console, $15 apiece for the controllers, $15 for GE, and $40 for MK.............I said, "you wanted 40 the other day for everything and now you want like Ebay prices..........but you arent paying Ebay/Paypal/shipping prices.......good luck with that!"

Boy did I feel stupid thinking I actually found a decent deal on Craigslist!
Those days are long gone, my friend. I used to score good to great deals weekly on craigslist if not more often than that even, along with epic deals quarterly or even monthly. Then it became fewer and far between. I'm sure there are still deals to be had, however they tend to be nowhere near as noteworthy and the great to legendary ones are exceedingly rare. Same with yard sale finds.

Some days I feel like instead of posting a few different links I just need to post the link to the STL videogames section! Same shit everyday! Same people trying to get Ebay prices in the one ad reposted day after day are the "collector looking for games" in another ad!

same with Los Angeles. Same shit month after month same stupid ebay prices. i love the ones that continuously post each item separately and i have to go through pages of their overpriced shit. 

This lady has been posting this for months...........Ive emailed her.....stupid CL sellers are stupid though!

DS stylus - $4 (Kirkwood)

I have two DS styluses. Each is $4.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Brand New never opened still in shrink wrap cars 3 movie with HDR (High Dynamic Range) Blu-ray movie by Disney Pixar. This includes 4K UltraHD Blue-ray & standard Blue-ray discs. The ultimate collector's edition, which includes 4K Ultra HD blu ray, + standard Blu ray. This does not include the digital media."

So this is brand new, never been opened and still in the shrinkwrap, but somehow you were able to remove the digital copy slip?

Selling the following games individually. All in great condition including discs and booklets.

Animal Crossing (w/ additional memory card)- $80
Super Mario Sunshine - $80
Zelda: Twilight Princess - $80
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door - $60
Super Mario Strikers - $60
Super Monkey Ball 2 - $40

Gamecube sold separately -$40
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or off

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/vgm/d/huge-pokmon-game-card-lot/6559296379.html $8750........ I mean its an amazing collection of stuff but yeahhhh

This lot is sold as the lot, I will not split this posting up so please don't ask. Asking price is posted but I am open to negotiating.

Pokemon Cards
-Crystal Holo Skyridge Charizard
-1 First Edition Neo discovery factory sealed booster box
-3 First edition fossil booster packs
4 jumbo holo cards
-Complete Fossil Set
-graded 10 Entei Promo Card
-Sealed First Edition Machamp
-12 first edition team rocket cards (Raichu)
-Shadowless Base Set Starter Evolutions
-3 Pokemon Binders
-2 Collectible Tins
-146 total holo cards (8 first edition)
-36 total reverse holo cards
-17 first edition shadowless cards (Venusaur and Magneton)
-22 other various first edition cards (Lucia, jolteon, vileplume, machamp)
-18 shadowless cards
-400 plus of non holo rares, uncommons, and commons
Systems
-3x CIB 20th Anniversary Pokemon N3DS
-1x CIB Pokemon Sun and Moon N3DS
-1x Blue Pokemon XY 3DS XL
-1x Blue 3DS XL
-1x Cosmo Black 3DS
-1x Grey DS
-2x DS Lites
-1x DSi
-1x Green game boy Color
-1x Black Game Boy Advance
-2x GBA SP

Pokemon Games
CIB
-1x Pokemon Red
-1x Pokemon Blue
-1x Pokemon Yellow
-1x Pokemon Silver
-1x Pokemon Gold
-1x Pokemon Crystal
-1x Pokemon Sapphire
-1x Pokemon Ruby
-3x Pokemon Emerald
-1x Pokemon Fire Red W/Adapter
-1x Pokemon Leaf Green W/Adapter
-3x Pokemon Diamond
-1x Pokemon Pearl
-3x Pokemon Platnium
-2x Pokemon Soul Silver W/ Pokewalker (complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1 Pokemon Heart Gold W/Pokewalker (complete shiny pokedex)
-3x Pokemon White
-1x Pokemon Black
-4x Pokemon Black 2
-1x Pokemon White 2
-4x Pokemon X (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1x Pokemon Y (Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-3x Pokemon Omega Ruby (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-2x Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-3x Pokemon Moon (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
4x Pokemon Sun (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1x Pokemon Colosseum
-3x Pokemon Gale of Darkness
Loose Pokemon Cartrideges
-1x Pokemon Yellow
-1x Pokemon Silver
-1x Pokemon Crystal
-2x Pokemon Gold
-3x Pokemon Fire Red (1 has Complete shiny pokedex)
-1x Pokemon Leaf Green
-2x Pokemon Sapphire
-1x Pokemon Ruby
-4x Pokemon Heart Gold
-1x Pokemon Soul Silver
-1x Fake Pokemon Soul Silver (compatible with complete shiny pokedex)
-2x Pokemon Diamond
-2x Pokemon Pearl
-2x Pokemon Platnium
-2x Pokemon Y (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-2x Pokemon Omega Ruby (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1x Pokemon X (Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1x Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)
-1x Pokemon Sun (all Complete shiny pokedex w/event)

Other games
CIB
-1x Jam sessions
-1x Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
-1x The Quest Trio
-1x Castlevania order of esclesia
-1x Levi Bateman the Video Game
-1x Devlish
-1x Maricart DS
-1x Castlevania Portrait of Ruin
-1 x Guitar hero on tour decades w/accessory
-1x Star Wars Episode 3
-1x Justice League Heroes
Loose Catridges
-5x Gameboy Games
-19 Gameboy Advance Games
-3 DS Games

Accessories
-1 Hardback sun and moon strategy guide
-1 Pokemon Colosseum strategy guide
-1 Spare Pokewalker
-2 Datel Power Plays
-2 Nintendo DSi Action Replays
-1 DSi Action Replay Disc
-1 Game boy Advance Charger
-1 DS Charger
-1 DS Car Charger
-2 3DS Chargers
-3 Carrying cases
-Plenty of different variant game cases and stylus

Called out someone who keeps posting $20 PS1 controllers, $40 pairs of PS2 controllers, $20-$30 GH guitars, etc. Heres their nice response.

"Sell them all the time at that price. 

You have reached out before butthurt. 
Please, if you have nothing better to do with your time and life, leave mine alone. It’s 85 and sunny where I am, and I am able to afford short vacations because of running my business and working hard in school

I am sorry you are so unhappy with your life that you have to troll a college student. I pray that you find the happiness in your life that I have in mine!

Now please, kindly fuck right off!
"

Yeah...........sure you do! Thats why you repost them over and over!

The idiot with overpriced stuff is back again!

$30 for a copy of Pokemon Gold

$45 GameBoy Color, missing battery cover

$45 Aerosmith GH guitar, no dongle

$25 apiece- old 360 headsets, controller chargers, other GH guitars

Ive also been seeing quite a few SNES Classics still over $100 when Gamestop/Target/Amazon/Walmart seem to have them frequently. $50-$120 Wii bundles........gtfoh! And the guy who posts like the same 8 ads almost everyday, half hes begging to buy your Nintendo stuff and the other half hes trying  to sell overpriced Nintendo stuff!

"Only used a limited number of times. 299.99 when purchased. No scratches. Like new condition."................dumbass is talking about a DSiXL without the box! I told him they launched at $190 and his response was "Nope...........watch who you email lil boy"

amazing people think used items are worth more than they cost new even though they are some of the most common items. i dont get how people cant price stuff fairly when they have a phone that they can look it all up on but for the ones that price high there are ones that price low.

amazing people think used items are worth more than they cost new even though they are some of the most common items. i dont get how people cant price stuff fairly when they have a phone that they can look it all up on but for the ones that price high there are ones that price low.
Because they all have this mindset that "well if sells for this on Ebay I should be able to get that on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace". Yet none of the idiots have an actual Ebay account so they dont know about "Recent Sold Listings". They search for a similar item to what they have and look at listed prices, which can be straight up retarded! And even when you explain how they arent paying Ebay/Paypal/Shipping fees and offering returns they still dont get it! They would rather repost it over and over than take even a fair offer, not a lowball offer.

Another good one from yesterday- guy wants $125 for a modded SNES Classic. Told him you can order a brand new SNES Classic for $80 right now from GS and take 10 mins to install the files yourself. After seeing his info in his response he is an anchor for the local channel 4 news.........they not paying you enough so you have to sell modded SNES Classics?!

Because they all have this mindset that "well if sells for this on Ebay I should be able to get that on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace". Yet none of the idiots have an actual Ebay account so they dont know about "Recent Sold Listings". They search for a similar item to what they have and look at listed prices, which can be straight up retarded! And even when you explain how they arent paying Ebay/Paypal/Shipping fees and offering returns they still dont get it! They would rather repost it over and over than take even a fair offer, not a lowball offer.

Another good one from yesterday- guy wants $125 for a modded SNES Classic. Told him you can order a brand new SNES Classic for $80 right now from GS and take 10 mins to install the files yourself. After seeing his info in his response he is an anchor for the local channel 4 news.........they not paying you enough so you have to sell modded SNES Classics?!
You should report his lame ass to Nintendo of America, the FCC, and his local channel/station.

I don't know if it's just me but local deals actually pull through like 25% of the time now. It's really starting to piss me off, especially Facebook. I can't tell you how many times we set up a meet (whether I'm buying or selling) and the person leaves the conversation as soon as I get there or "has an emergency." The stuff I'm trying to buy usually isn't even that amazing of a deal, just normal stuff for my collection.

Just today I was buying a Wii with like 5 games for $50. Nothing amazing but I needed a backwards compatible Wii and the games were actually decent first party stuff. So I message the lady on Facebook and she asks when I could pick it up and I tell her immediately and she gives me the address. I'm literally 2 minutes away and she messages me telling me the deal is off because she was selling for a friend who changed their mind. Mind you, this a fully grown woman I'd say mid 40s with kids. She then proceeds to relist the item at $100 (buying it at Gamestop would be cheaper at this point.) I used to get a lot of stuff when I was in high school using local meets and I don't remember it ever being this bad.

Yeah when they raise their prices its such BS! Reminds me of the guy who was asking $40 for an N64, cables, controllers, and 6 games. I told him Id buy it if he could stop by my work since I was working until 9pm that day. He said he had to hear back from someone else first. He emails back and says "well I was informed by someone else that the console goes for $60 by itself so I could sell it to you for $40 but the rest is extra". I told him to fuck off. Next day hes got the system listed for $50, the controllers for $15 apiece, and the games individually priced with high Ebay numbers! 

"I'm definitely a child of the 80's... First time I played Duck Hunt was 1986...
Enjoy time with your family with family oriented games and watch the smiles on their faces as you re-live your childhood memories with your children.

Nintendo: 2 controllers, gun, and ORIGINAL Mario Bros/Duck Hunt. Needs AV cords and power cord.

I can pick up the cords the games need for re-imbursement for the cost of the cords. The system Is USED AND DOES work this evening, just need the cords. You can find the cords for $13 at Walmart.

POOS.
Read Less"

So she wants $100 but she doesnt have the cables.......BUT if you pay her even more she will go to Walmart and get the cables.........I sold the same bundle with cords minus the 2nd controller last week on Ebay for $56 shipped. And shipping was almost $20 because it went from IL to FL. These CL idiots will never understand!

Yeah when they raise their prices its such BS! Reminds me of the guy who was asking $40 for an N64, cables, controllers, and 6 games. I told him Id buy it if he could stop by my work since I was working until 9pm that day. He said he had to hear back from someone else first. He emails back and says "well I was informed by someone else that the console goes for $60 by itself so I could sell it to you for $40 but the rest is extra". I told him to fuck off. Next day hes got the system listed for $50, the controllers for $15 apiece, and the games individually priced with high Ebay numbers!
I legitimately think there are people out there who just email sellers about what they have with "warnings" to make them fix their prices. It's probably salty people who are too far away to actually buy the item but just want to make sure no one gets a deal.

I legitimately think there are people out there who just email sellers about what they have with "warnings" to make them fix their prices. It's probably salty people who are too far away to actually buy the item but just want to make sure no one gets a deal.
YEP, I've absolutely seen this sort of behavior in action, for well over a decade on craigslist. Was far less prevalent back in the day (and I've been using craigslist for at least 15 years, ebay 20+), but it absolutely got far more endemic over time. That and some "sellers" are really just trolls who either list their items low to bait people "oh thanks for reaching out, sure we can meet and sell it to you (for a mere fraction of the value/pennies on the dollar)..." only to follow up with "OMG it's *ACTUALLY* worth $XX which is a *LOT* more money, shame on you for trying to pull one over on me, but all is forgiven if you just raise your bid to (~90-95%) $XX, you are still getting a great deal!", OR they are just posting fake, too good to be true ads for any number of reasons - to get their kicks, to fuck with the "competition", to collect contact data, etc.

Never bothered much with the facebook community/groups listings, and most if not all of the "craigslist killer" mobile competitor sales apps are utter garbage (5miles, close5...there are/were a bunch more that popped up on the scene early on but I think they are mostly dead).

BAHAHA the fuck  'n idiots trying to flip NES Classics! They had stacks of these at the Walmart, Target, and GS I went to Friday/Saturday! 

only to follow up with "OMG it's *ACTUALLY* worth $XX which is a *LOT* more money, shame on you for trying to pull one over on me, but all is forgiven if you just raise your bid to (~90-95%) $XX, you are still getting a great deal!"
I'm not even kidding, if someone said the bolded to me, I'd slash the tires of their car. Not while they're in it, of course, but that car of theirs would def be needing some new tires. Shame on me? Riiiiiiight.

The responses of Craigslist NES Classic "sellers" when you tell them that these are and will easily be available, "bye Felicia" and "f of you jealous sh1t, I sold a 9 pack for $900!".

BAHAHA the fuck 'n idiots trying to flip NES Classics! They had stacks of these at the Walmart, Target, and GS I went to Friday/Saturday!
Yuuup, Nintendo is flooding the market with these, much like they did with the SNES Classic. Between that and the beyond easy mods to load them up with countless games, the market demand is effectively met. I just want to get an additional official NES Classic controller, which is a bitch and a half to find.

Yuuup, Nintendo is flooding the market with these, much like they did with the SNES Classic. Between that and the beyond easy mods to load them up with countless games, the market demand is effectively met. I just want to get an additional official NES Classic controller, which is a bitch and a half to find.
Are you on Twitter? Following CAG, Wario64, Nintendo Wire, and Nintendeals has always been quite helpful at acquire Nintendo things.

On the PC side, let me introduce you to PCPartPicker.  It's a website that lets you enter computer parts and then gives the cheapest place it's on sale.  Great, right?  Well, except if you enter some obsolete component then it will usually wildly over-inflate the price because the only places selling it "new" are 3rd party vendors on Amazon or Newegg charging a mint because people who need one really need one.

Example.  His system that "retails" for a thousand bucks?  It has a processor that's several generations old and sells "new" for the same price as a brand new current gen i5-8600k which is tons better.  This happens all the time on Craigslist and I'm sure people keep falling for the idea that they're getting fair pricing despite being sold outdated junk for the cost.

Edit: Another PCPartPicker list showing an i7-4770K for more than a new i7-8700K and old DDR3 memory for the same cost as new DDR4.  "Look at my list to see what it would cost to build this" indeed.

Not sure if this has been brought here... porch pickup. I've seen this mostly on FB groups but starting to see a few on CL..... okay, now a stranger knows where you live and you trust them to leave money and not swipe the item. The fact that they're too lazy/scared to meet somewhere yet they'll let you walk up on their porch....but not come out and meet you..... I DONT GET IT!

Guy wanted me to drive 40 mins away.....meet him at a gas station..........so he could purchase 2 DualShock3 controllers for $10 apiece.........at 10:58pm "if youre not busy right now"............ GTFOH!!!! I told him to fuck off and that he must think im an idiot! I informed him that GS gives $21 for DS3s and $12 for a SixAxis at the moment and theres one of those 5 mins away!

The postings are from the local Facebook marketplace, and are just as bad as something one would find on Craigslist.

#1 - An individual is selling a used PS4 Pro for $500, saying they have no need for a second one. Trying to sell it quickly and no lowball offers allowed. I felt like messaging them and asking "you know that's how much a brand new PS4 Pro goes for in stores, right?" Then follow up with "they occasionally go on sale for $450 or so." Left it alone though.

#2 - Someone is selling some NES games at various prices which can be seem in the two pics they added to their listing. Rather than list the prices from say $10-$50, they put $123,456 is as the price. Uhh... no words.

Nintendo NES System Console Original And Games For Rent 1985 - $15

For Rent Only: $15.00 For 5 days
Nintendo NES 1985 original
2 controllers 1 Zapper Gun
10 Games
Super Mario Bros. 1 / Duck Hunt : duck hunt gun only works on old tvs, not new lcd or plasma tvs.
Super Mario Bros. 3
Darkwing Duck
Double Dragon
Dick Tracey
Duck Tales
Ghosts N Goblins
Mega Man 3
PaperBoy
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 and 2
State The Day And Time You Wish To Pick Up This Item In The Email
And If You Need Instructions On How To Use It.
Meeting place:.......

Uhhhhhh wat?! Just when I didnt think CL posters could get any dumber! Who is going to rent your console from you? How does the renter prevent theft?!

This isn't really stupidity but it's a Craigslist story. I was selling a WWE Ring and 12 Wrestler Action figures. I had it listed for $50 (It was all worth a lot more but I paid $5 for it at a garage sale). Anyways a woman contacts me that she wants it but she lives a state away which is an hr and 1/2 drive but she could come over the weekend. I was like ok I will try to hold on to it so message me closer to the weekend and we can work something out. Well on Fri she messages me and asks to meet up on Sat. So I give her the address to my meeting place which is 5 min away from my house so I didn't care if she stood me up. So the meeting time was 5:30 pm so at 5:45 she's a no show which I figured. I text saying I am at the place waiting. She texts back that she had some things she had to do and left her phone at home. She then says she can meet at 7pm. I said ok figuring she is just messing with me. So at 6:45pm she texts she's 10 min away. I say ok. Then I get a text that would I take $40 for the items or she had to get change. I said no. Then she says $45. I text back "The agreed upon price was $50) If she really drove an hr and 1/2 she isn't going back empty handed. Well she pulled up next to me in a mini van with 2 young boys about 8-10 or so. I hand her the ring and the wrestlers and she must have broke a $100 as she had plenty of cash. The kids were happy going through the wrestlers and she was nice so it made me happy that it worked out. Just relaying this story showing that even some things that don't make a lot of sense or are just plain weird (driving 100mi just to pick up a WWE Ring and some wrestlers) just happen to work out fine. So there are some decent people on Craigslist every once in a while.

[attachment=30860:20180809_165705.jpg][attachment=30861:20180809_165848.jpg]

At least you sold it. All my stuff is best offer and I feel like I renew stuff all the time because I'm not even getting lowballs. The local CL video game is seriously like the same 10 people reposting the same things. This one dbag relists his 10 ads everyday! 1 is overpriced Nintendo stuff and the others are begging to buy Nintendo stuff.

At least you sold it. All my stuff is best offer and I feel like I renew stuff all the time because I'm not even getting lowballs. The local CL video game is seriously like the same 10 people reposting the same things. This one dbag relists his 10 ads everyday! 1 is overpriced Nintendo stuff and the others are begging to buy Nintendo stuff.
My city's CL is the same. Same posts over and over. One thing I don't understand is how many people are selling Xbox Ones and PS4s. Are all these stolen? Do people buy them and then a few months later they realize they need rent money? I don't get it.

Recently pursued a CL ad with a guy saying he had several N64 games for $5 each. 

When I meet with him he pulls out a large cardboard box full of dirty carts and methodically starts separating them into little piles. At one point he pulls a Conker's bad fur day from the box, makes some sort of comment quietly under his breath like "Its gonna be hard to get that" that I'm pretty sure he actually wanted me to hear, then continues his sorting. I immediately tell him I'm aware of Conker and have no interest in it. As he begins asking me what games I want, he brings up price charting on his phone and starts trying to look everything up, asking full VGPC price for the 1st couple of games I mention. At this point I ask him what happened to $5 each as mentioned in the ad and suddenly his story changes to "they start at $5" lol. Needless to say I immediately walked and had no interest in buying anything after that.

Had he been honest from the beginning and said he would be using VGPC I may have bartered if he would have came down on some of the titles based on condition and the fact that there were no fees involved. But he employed a pretty clear bait and switch tactic with the pricing and then made an assumption that I didn't know what the games he had were worth, until I called his bluff by immediately recognizing Conker.   

Recently pursued a CL ad with a guy saying he had several N64 games for $5 each.

When I meet with him he pulls out a large cardboard box full of dirty carts and methodically starts separating them into little piles. At one point he pulls a Conker's bad fur day from the box, makes some sort of comment quietly under his breath like "Its gonna be hard to get that" that I'm pretty sure he actually wanted me to hear, then continues his sorting. I immediately tell him I'm aware of Conker and have no interest in it. As he begins asking me what games I want, he brings up price charting on his phone and starts trying to look everything up, asking full VGPC price for the 1st couple of games I mention. At this point I ask him what happened to $5 each as mentioned in the ad and suddenly his story changes to "they start at $5" lol. Needless to say I immediately walked and had no interest in buying anything after that.

Had he been honest from the beginning and said he would be using VGPC I may have bartered if he would have came down on some of the titles based on condition and the fact that there were no fees involved. But he employed a pretty clear bait and switch tactic with the pricing and then made an assumption that I didn't know what the games he had were worth, until I called his bluff by immediately recognizing Conker.

I had someone do something similar and they accused me of "trying to rip them off" when I brought up that they had listed a base price.

bread's done
Back