Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

There is some jackass in the Cincinnati area that is always posting asking for pinball machines for his basement. He posts at least once or twice a week. The catch is he offers SUPER low prices hoping someone will bite on it and sell him something that he then resells.

I contacted him once offering him one of my pinball machines that I wanted to sell that was worth about $2700. He offers me $400 for it. WHen I told him that it was worth much more than that, he replies "Well I have seen them many times at auction for much cheaper". When I asked him why he comes off as someone that just wants a pinball machine when its OBVIOUS that he's going to auctions and sees them all the time, he stopped emailing me. A few months later I saw a listing for many pinballs for sale I contacted them...guess what? Same guy and same email. I called him out on it and he stopped contact.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/wan/1033544004.html

I hate that guy

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time he posts (the wanted listing), put a"reply"

Re: Looking for a pinball machine

and let them know he's looking for resale and he's a lying sack

[quote name='zman73']

http://mobile.craigslist.org/tag/1034156568.html

http://mobile.craigslist.org/tag/1031321515.html[/quote]

Eh thats a bit much. Good posting there. :|
smile.gif

[quote name='pfp']Sometimes, I just want to send someone an e-mail saying "Your game suck!"

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1034130252.html

Maybe if it's one of the pretty colored systems, I'd pay $40.....but I'm sure it's not[/quote]

Ovepriced. Pretty much all those games are WORTHLESS sports games.

At least he listed them though, most people just put "i have a n64 with 35 games, asking 100 thanks" list the games idiot!

you get the idea

---------------

This guy had these listed at $15, now he wants $20. Bait and switch anyone?

http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ele/1034012358.html

[quote name='dmdragon']this guy is looking to buy Drakes Fortoin Uncharded for 360 in good shape..

http://columbus.craigslist.org/tag/1033776389.html

so much wrong with this i don't know where to start[/QUOTE]

Anyone want a good laugh... email this guy about his mistake... he told me to fuck myself (mispelled fuck) then later called me a beaner and a bitch (mispelling bitch... no joke). LOL I explained how could I be when I have better grammar skills than him. I thanked him for his racism as well, and never heard from him, wishing him luck in finding a PS3 exclusive for the 360.

White trash exists in areas other than the south, he does sound like he would fit in with some of the narrow minded people down here. I simply pointed out his mistake

i flagged his ad if thats any help. Hopefully others will flag him for his stupidity lol

thats like the guy who wanted mario kart for ps3/xbox or something lol

This is the first one that I have found that was more about the description rather than the price. Should I start selling Super Mario World with a few scratches on the logo and "Heather" written in blue that needs a few tries to play every time as "LIKE NEW" rather than "OK" condition? This guy is making me re-evaluate how I, well, evaluate condition. fuck

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/1035120477.html

Nintendo Ds - Mint Condition - $50 (N. Las Vegas)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-14, 5:46PM PST

Selling my very mint condition Nintendo Ds. The Top right corner does not have a clamp so it does move a lot, but overall that can be fixed. The Top Right button does not go down, but that can also be fixed for cheap.

Comes with a Case, does not come with Charger, or a Stylus Pen.

Only available by Shipping & Pick Up , NO DELIVERY!

$50 O.B.O. (USD only) :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Do you believe this guy will at use vaseline or at least give you a towel to wipe off with after he fuck's you?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/wan/1035054266.html

WANTED: Video Games - $456 (Vegas)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-02-14, 4:29PM PST

I will buy ANY video games you have. Here is the list of what I pay for them. I MAY pay more depending on what you have. I WILL come pick them up from you. NO BADLY SCRATCHED GAMES PLEASE. Send me a list of what you have and we can make a deal. Thanks

PS1 - $1.00 each
PS2 - $1.00 each
PS3 - $5.00 each
PSP - $2.00 each
Sega Genesis - $1.00 each
Sega Dreamcast $1.00 each
Sega Saturn - $1.00 each
Sega Game Gear - $1.00 each
Nintendo DS - $2.00 each
Nintendo Gameboy - $1.00 each
Nintendo Entertainment System - $1.00 each
Super Nintendo - $2.00 each
Nintendo 64 - $2.00 each
Nintendo Gamecube - $1.00 each
Nintendo WII - $5.00 each
XBOX - $1.00 each
XBOX 360 - $5.00 each
Panasonic 3DO - $1.00 each
TurboGrafx - $3.00 each
Colecovision - $1.00 each
Atari 2600 - $1.00 each
Intellivision - $1.00 each
Sega Master System $1.00 each
Atari Jaguar $3.00 each
Atari Jaguar CD - $3.00 each
Atari Lynx $1.00 each
Neo-Geo $5.00 each
NEO-GEO CD $5.00 each
NEC Turbo Duo - $3.00 each

fuck

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Errrrrrr!!!!!!! Someone slap this guy back into reality!

http://nh.craigslist.org/tag/1035308043.html

this one too!

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ele/1035303894.html[/quote]

Jesus, After seeing these 2 guys, I should list my PS2 and 100 games for $3000!

Do these people not "get it"? I think the only NES collection worth that price would have to include almost every game, except the ultra-rare ones, and fuck 2 copies of 10-yard fight! I played that again a few days ago to remember the shittiness that it brings.

Those lots better have every single games created for that kind of price.

Really though, whos gonna shell out all that dough in a recession? Lol

I think the NH one is the same guy who wanted me to pay 150 for his atari.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I see THIS AD in the local craigslist.

i have 2 NES consoles. have 2 controller and all cords. have about 20 or so games including zelda, all the marios and mike tysons punchout. comes with duckhunt pistol as well.
also have a n64 with 4 controllers and 5 games. (mario64, mariocart64,donkeykong64,starfox64 and tonyhawk)
last i have a dreamcast with 3 controllers and memory cards and of course all cords.
i am open to ALL offers cash and trade and i am willing to seperate. lowball if you must but try to be fair. i dont have to get rid of but will if the right trade comes along. everything works great and is a blast when a lot of people are over. thanks for looking.

I message the lady selling the stuff with an initial offer of $50. She only lists about 4 or 5 of the 20 games she says she has. She responds back saying she's already received an offer of $155. So, I nicely respond back telling her that if that's the case, then that is an excellent offer. But, if they flake through, to let me know and we can possibly negotiate a different price. Her next response is...

no not really considering mario 2 and 3 go for 15$ and mike tyson goes for 20 and mario 64 goes for 15 and mario kart goes for 20 and donkey kong goes for 20 and 3 systems plus zelda 15 others. 155 is almost reasonable.
I just left it at that. Either somebody is extremely dumb to pay it, or she's trying to get me to give her a higher quote.

Leave it at that, or, if you feel you must reply, let her know that $155 is an amazing offer on craigslist and she should take the money and run.

Funny, most people are consistent in their mispricing (either all high or all low) - she's a little low on mario kart and a little high on dk64

I put an N64 lot on Craigslist on Sunday for $35, $30 if you picked it up Sunday. Here is a series of emails between an interested buyer and me. Her emails are bolded:

"Hello Im interested in getting the games for the nintendo ASAP I see that you will see them 4 $30 today Please contact me soon"

If you are interested feel free to stop by today, here is my address:

DELETED

Let me know what time I should be expecting you.

Ok an where is that near can u give me a landmark....I leave near little river trn pike

It is near the George Mason field house, right by Fairfax Villa Elementary.

Ummm still not 2 familar with that info....say I were to come from Nova campus how would I get there

This is where I copied/pasted Mapquest's directions to my house from the Nova campus

sorry not good with direction.....is it close 2 fairfax court house?Is it near Gmason university

Sorry, I am not good with directions either. Yes, it is near the George Mason field house.

Wats the field house

It is the building next to baseball field.

Ok well Imma try 2 see if I can get the directions right hopefully I should make it there within tthe next 30 - 40min

This was at about 6pm last night. As of this writing I have no idea where she is. Not good with directions? That is why I did the work for her and sent her the Mapquest info. You have to be either retarded or not capable in English to not understand how it works. I believe she was the latter. Also, her name was Kitty.

Everyone that replied to my wanted ads that say they have NES's + games, I usually offer them 40-50. Most of the time they all accept my offer, but, turns out, they are over 30-50 miles out. It's just to far a drive and gas for me. Plus, I've had people stand me up before, drive 3 towns over and the loser never answers his phone or anything and I go home with nothing but time wasted.

That's why I steer clear of far away stuff now. It's just not worth all the stress.

As for the people who think they're gonna get $150-200 for a damn Atari/NES with pretty much nothing with it except duck hunt, good luck with finding a sucker.

I mean, who would pay more then $50 for an even reasonable condition NES? Used systems are always a crap shoot. They can work fine 1 day, then the next day, the thing will stop working completely and you're stuck with a doorstop. THink the seller will refund you? You'll either be met with silence or a laugh in the face "NO".

Eventually these idiots will get a clue when nobody responds to their ad. "Why isn't anybody responding to my ad for the nintendo"? Try lowering the price, genius.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']Eventually these idiots will get a clue when nobody responds to their ad. "Why isn't anybody responding to my ad for the nintendo"? Try lowering the price, genius.[/QUOTE]

I disagree - I don't think they'll get a clue. Usually, they just keep posting and posting and posting, wondering why no one's buying - or not wondering, and just thinking that eventually, someone will.

If someone's asking "far too much" for something, they probably don't really need the money because otherwise they'd pretty much settle for whatever they can get - these are people that have enough money to get by.

The sad thing is that they confuse other sellers - I offer someone $40 for a Gamecube and games, and they laugh at me and say "I see collections just like this on CL all the time for $75, what are you trying to pull."

Right - someone's selling it for that, but NO ONE'S BUYING and that's why you see it all the time - it's the same three tools reposting their crap.

Also this is a bit off topic, but for someone living in MA, isnt the "erotic services" section illegal? As a 17 year old I have no interest for it and never will but the ads look a lot like prostitution, which is illegal in MA FYI

Getting a back massage by a naked woman covered in baby oil is not illegal, but is erotic; it's also the best $20 you can spend. The happy ending special is just to ensure repeat patronage and you aren't actually paying specifically for them, like the after dinner mints at Perkins.

[quote name='Filler2001']Also this is a bit off topic, but for someone living in MA, isnt the "erotic services" section illegal? As a 17 year old I have no interest for it and never will but the ads look a lot like prostitution, which is illegal in MA FYI[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']Getting a back massage by a naked woman covered in baby oil is not illegal, but is erotic; it's also the best $20 you can spend. The happy ending special is just to ensure repeat patronage and you aren't actually paying specifically for them, like the after dinner mints at Perkins.[/quote]
He's got it right, they beat around the bush in their ad, then they beat around your bush IF YA GET WHATA MEAN :cool:

[quote name='SlammedNiss']I message the lady selling the stuff with an initial offer of $50. She only lists about 4 or 5 of the 20 games she says she has. She responds back saying she's already received an offer of $155. So, I nicely respond back telling her that if that's the case, then that is an excellent offer. But, if they flake through, to let me know and we can possibly negotiate a different price.[/quote]

Well, I went ahead and emailed from a different account to see if the lot had sold yet, and of course, it was still available. Even went to tell me that the highest offer received so far was $120, which was $35 less than the last "highest offer" she told me she had received.

bread's done
Back