Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Slate']So, uh, Wich version is it again?[/quote]

madden 2008 360-ps2-ps3-xbox - $95

If it's one copy for each of the four consoles listed above that the poster is selling for a total of $95, then that's a steal that I'd pick up! That $95 will be recouped easily as long as all four are sold within 2 weeks. :lol:

Do me and everyone else a favor and flag this jerk's post as prohibited.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/ele/396055249.html

Edit: It's gone! Thanks CAG!

I have decided to sell my modded xbox 360. I just don't really have the time anymore to play it. Now, the price is pretty firm, because I don't absolutely HAVE to sell it...

Now, a little about 'modded' systems. A modded 360 will allow you to play COPIES of games & movies, and originals. It DOES void your warranty, however - the warranty on this xbox has already expired, so that doesn't matter.
Also, several thousand xbox's were banned from Xbox Live for being modded... Well, I modded mine myself back in November, and it is STILL able to play ANYTHING on xbox live - it is NOT banned! I can prove it to you when we meet up. But, if for some reason this system does get banned in the future, please don't come crying to me about it - unless you need another one modded. Buy this at your own risk if you plan on playing online with it, ok? I can't stop it from getting banned at ANY point.

Alright, now for the good stuff that you'll get:

Modded Premium Xbox 360 w/ Hitachi drive.

20GB Hard Drive

2 Controllers (1 wireless Microsoft brand, 1 wired Pelican brand)

2 Rechargable batteries w/ charging dock.

1 Xbox Live headset (willing to throw in my remaining 7-8 months of live for $25)

Games: (These are all COPIES of games)

God Father

Hitman: Blood Money

Bullet Witch

Rainbow Six: Vegas

Viva Pinata

Gears of War

Call of Duty 2

Transformers

Fight Night: Round 3

NCAA Football 2008

Crackdown

Monster Madness

Need for Speed: Carbon (original w/box & instructions)

Alright, just to let you know - I can get pretty much ANY game for you usually before the game hits the stores. I charge $10 per game, and you have to supply the dual-layer DVD to burn it onto. It takes me up to 3 days to download+burn any game.

Already have an xbox 360 that you need modded? I can do it within 2 hours for $30. Pretty much everywhere I've seen charges at LEAST $50 and it takes over a day for them to do it.
I'm no business-man (haha) but I know what the hell I'm doing.

I'm willing to drive to meet pretty much wherever in the Dayton/Cincinnati/Columbus areas if needed. I'm in Dayton, but am mobile.
Please, don't send me lowball offers, I know what it's worth. I've sold and modded plenty of them.
I AM open for trades....1990-1996 Nissan 300zx NA parts, LCD TV's, car audio equipment, etc..

Thank you! :)
-Adam
(phone's messed up, please email)

[quote name='GiLL']http://dayton.craigslist.org/ele/398412180.html

LOL - Me too, bro.[/quote]

Damn that is hilarious.

I think I'm going to start putting ads up for stuff like "PS1 RPGS Wanted - will pay $5 each for Valkyrie Profile, Suikoden 2, Ogre Battle etc."

Maybe even put ads for "Real Estate wanted - willing to puchase any Beverly Hills or affluent area mansions for $500"

Hey, it only takes one sucker.

That being said... I wish I COULD have gotten them at those prices. I paid 35 for VP back in the day, 25 for Suikoden II (steal!), and 40 for Ogre Battle.

[quote name='SargeSmash']Hey, it only takes one sucker.

That being said... I wish I COULD have gotten them at those prices. I paid 35 for VP back in the day, 25 for Suikoden II (steal!), and 40 for Ogre Battle.[/quote]

Stupid me, my hindsight's berating me for not being wise enough to scoop up the $16 new Valkyrie Profiles at Walmart in 1999/2000. That's where I purchased my only copy, and there were at least 10 left at the time.

[quote name='Caliburn']Stupid me, my hindsight's berating me for not being wise enough to scoop up the $16 new Valkyrie Profiles at Walmart in 1999/2000. That's where I purchased my only copy, and there were at least 10 left at the time.[/quote]

Damn...the things we look back on. Ah well, you can't say "coulda woulda shoulda" all your life.

But yeah, there have been a LOT of missed opportunities for me as well. Just gotta hope the decisions you make are the best and don't beat yourself up too much if you find out later they weren't.

:bomb:

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/399720052.html

Gaming Guides and Cheat Code Books, hundreds - $150
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2007-08-17, 10:24PM EDT

I have hundreds of Gaming Guides, some titles include, Splinter Cell, Crackdown, Pokemon Ranger, Half life 2,Gamepro magazines, and many many others, I am looking for someone to buy them all as one big lot. Maybe someone with a gaming store. I sell BestB** liquidated products and I have gotten way to many guides. I sell them well at the flea market but I just dont have the space for them. I am asking 150.00 for the lot of them, if you would like to take a look or want to buy 5 or more please contact me. These books retailed from 16.99 to 29.99.

If interested please email me or call Tammy at 267-997-9556. Thanks

(That's a cell phone number, btw.)

Got someone on craiglist trying to sell me Scud & Gungriffon for Sega Saturn at "$15 each" and Virtua Fighter 2 for $5. Person claims the prices for Scud & Gungriffon are 'ebay prices' and those are the prices she's willing to accept. I may have lowballed her at $10 for all the games but I was open on shipping.

[quote name='MSUHitman']This is why I've avoided Craig's List even though it's supposedly the best thing now for finding jobs since companies are starting to shy away from the job sites. A lot of the people on there seem to be completely lacking in intelligence or horribly dishonest. It makes me worried how legit things on there are.

That list of games is about the 8 rarest games for PS2. Heck, even Gamestop sells MvC 2 PS2 for like $50-$55 USED still (and the PS2 port is the worst of the 3 home versions.) None of those games could/should be sold for under $20 at the very least.[/quote]

Call me stupid, but I had no clue Atelier Iris 2 was rare. *ponders selling the unopened one he has*

I have kind of a weird situation going on with a Craigslist deal right now and I was wondering what your guys' thoughts are. Here's the story:

I trade a used slim PS2 (all wires and contoller included, but no box or paperwork) w/ an older guitar hero guitar, an extra logitech wireless controller, 8 mb sony card, and guitar hero 1, Shadow of the Colussus, The Warriors, DMC3: SE, and Nascar 06 for his perfect condition PSP (Box and everything included) w/ 2 GB sony card, Ratchet and Clank, Family Guy game, Burnout Legends, Monster House UMD, Chris Rock UMD, and Pelican starter kit including the case, media disc, etc..

A few days after the trade he e-mailed me to tell me he kept getting the "rocking too hard" message constantly on the guitar and that it was pretty much unplayable. I had gotten the message on more than one occasion so I offered to pay for another used guitar at gamestop and sent him $21.59 to cover the purchase.

Today he E-mailed me (it's now been 3 weeks) to tell me the picture on the PS2 is fading and fluctuating and that it went completely black on atleast one occasion. He is suggesting that I either send him money to get a new A/V cable or help purchase another.

I wrote him back telling him there was no way I was going to send him any money. It's been 3 weeks since we dealt and there is no way to tell if he is having problems due to something he did. I also pointed out that we both knew we were getting used items and knew the risks involved and that I was more than accomodating with the guitar situation. He seems like a real nice and honest guy, but I really don't feel that I have any further obligation to him at this point, especially since the PS2 worked fine when I traded it.

Just wondering what you guys thought....

Tons of people lately talking about how Nintendo has stopped producing Wiis and how they'll be rare at Christmas. I live in Idiotville.

My brain just exploded from the idiocy, ignorance of value, and disregard of grammar from this CL'er.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/tag/401921568.html

Nintendo gamecube - $50
--------------------------------
Reply to:
Date: 2007-08-20, 8:59PM EDT

A perfectly good gamecube that works perfectly and comes with a game to and a controller and this is a real bargon seeing that online this costs 100.00 with just the system and no game but I have no way of shipping so you will have to come and pick it up and I will except cash so all you have to do is come to my house and pick it up and give me the cash and u can contact me at [email protected] and my cell phone number is 267-243-7724 if u have any questions

[quote name='sonderiaom']yes, but then he asks people to low-ball the offers[/QUOTE]

I'm sure that's a typical case of horrible grammar.

[quote name='Kuros']http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ele/401624062.html

He's saying that the games he has will sell for $150 by themselves and the NES will sell for $125 by itself. XD[/quote]

"The games on eBay will go for $150+ and the system $125+. Please so low ball offers... I will put it on eBay shortly if it doesn't sell here!

THEN PUT IT ON EBAY, GENIUS, and WATCH HOW LITTLE YOU REALLY GET!!!

God what an idiot...as if anyone believe the shit this guy's shoveling. Although I do want a boxed/complete Bubble Bobble.

[quote name='karkyco']"The games on eBay will go for $150+ and the system $125+. Please so low ball offers... I will put it on eBay shortly if it doesn't sell here!

THEN PUT IT ON EBAY, GENIUS, and WATCH HOW LITTLE YOU REALLY GET!!!

God what an idiot...as if anyone believe the shit this guy's shoveling. Although I do want a boxed/complete Bubble Bobble.[/quote]

Man i must be sitting on a gold mine then. i have 3 NES's 2 guns and like 25 nes games. My ub3r r4r3z g0ld Z3ld4 must be worth like $849.21 cents by his logic.

omg...that game boy brinks back memories...I had that one

then the smaller colored game boy

then the gameboy color

I must have spent like 500 dollars on gameboys in my life span...

never got the gba though....

I've got two more craigslisters from the planet Stupid today.

First one is selling a game boy "advanced" with 5 games.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/402791900.html

Gameboy Advanced with 5 Games!! - $160

Date: 2007-08-21, 5:59PM PDT

Mike 707-225-7249

I have a blue gameboy advanced, in great shape with 5 games!!

* Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
* Super Mario 3
* Original Zelda
* Zelda: Link to the Past!
* Pitfall

Hooray for incompetent craigslisters who can't even determine a good price to list their items for!

Our second hermit (I say this because he must have been living under a rock for the past month) is selling a used Xbox 360.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/402936410.html

**~Xbox 360/Live 20GB hard drive, headset and wireless controller ! ~* - $375

Date: 2007-08-21, 9:42PM PDT

This xbox is in almost perfect condition. It is barely used, has never had any problems. Selling it because I bought a new PS3 and have no need for it anymore. Headset and 1 wireless controller included. Games also available if interested for CHEAP!

So this guy is selling a used 360 without any extras for a $25 markup over what a new console would cost? Do these people even look at some of the other ads? :bomb:

I have an old brick gameboy or two that don't work. I figured they were worth about a buck each by collector's value standards but now I know to get them REALLY dirty to give them some value :)

A person selling a wii for 30 dollars more than you pay for it at a store... well plus tax it's still 5 dollars more...

http://nashville.craigslist.org/tag/402794218.html

Another guy wanted 225 for an xbox...

I have an adult owned, kept in a smoke free environment XBOX. It has all the cables, three controllers, DVD remote and attachment and 17 games.

Games:

Ultimate Spiderman,
Star Wars Episode III,
Tony Hawks Underground,
The Lord of the Rings the Two Towers,
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding,
NBA Live 2002,
NFL Fever 2002,
Thirteen XII,
Spiderman,
Ghost Recon,
Goldeneye Rogue Agent,
007 Everything or Nothing,
007 From Russia with Love,
Return To Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War,
Medal of Honor Rising Sun,
Medal of Honor Frontline,
Genma Onimusha

I am asking 225 or best offer.

XBox 360 Live card - $58 dollars

http://memphis.craigslist.org/ele/402028986.html

I just payed 33 for mine...

150 dollar PS2 Slim with one game...

Playstation 2 slim model in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Comes from a smoke-free home. Includes ORIGINAL BOX AND PACKAGING. VERY well-taken care of. Has never sat on the floor or carpet, always in an entertainment center. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

What difference does it make if it's been on the floor?

These almost inspire me to clean my xbox and put it back in the christmas bundle from like 4 years ago, and sell it for 300 dollars.

[quote name='artimus_black']A person selling a wii for 30 dollars more than you pay for it at a store... well plus tax it's still 5 dollars more...

http://nashville.craigslist.org/tag/402794218.html

Another guy wanted 225 for an xbox...

I have an adult owned, kept in a smoke free environment XBOX. It has all the cables, three controllers, DVD remote and attachment and 17 games.

Games:

Ultimate Spiderman,
Star Wars Episode III,
Tony Hawks Underground,
The Lord of the Rings the Two Towers,
Amped Freestyle Snowboarding,
NBA Live 2002,
NFL Fever 2002,
Thirteen XII,
Spiderman,
Ghost Recon,
Goldeneye Rogue Agent,
007 Everything or Nothing,
007 From Russia with Love,
Return To Castle Wolfenstein Tides of War,
Medal of Honor Rising Sun,
Medal of Honor Frontline,
Genma Onimusha

I am asking 225 or best offer.

XBox 360 Live card - $58 dollars

http://memphis.craigslist.org/ele/402028986.html

I just payed 33 for mine...

150 dollar PS2 Slim with one game...

Playstation 2 slim model in EXCELLENT CONDITION. Comes from a smoke-free home. Includes ORIGINAL BOX AND PACKAGING. VERY well-taken care of. Has never sat on the floor or carpet, always in an entertainment center. EXCELLENT CONDITION.

What difference does it make if it's been on the floor?

These almost inspire me to clean my xbox and put it back in the christmas bundle from like 4 years ago, and sell it for 300 dollars.[/QUOTE]

I don't consider asking for 30 dollars extra to be stupid.

Someone will pay it. It's worth it too. Alot of people probably end up spending close to 30 dollars in gas + time to find a system...so paying someone to hunt one for you (essentially this is what it is...) isnt the end all of things,

SNES and Games - $150
An origional Super Nintendo with 2 controlers and 13 games! Ken griffy JR winning run, mortal kombat 2, donkey kong 1, 2, and 3, wild guns, nba hangtime, george forman ko, super mario kart, super mario allstars, x-kaliber 2097, supper soccer, nhl 97. ALL of this for $150, will accept all reasonable offers. This item will go fast so do not hesitate to email me at [email protected] Email me for photos as well. Thank you for shopping!

Playstation 1 and Games - $120
Like new playstation 1 that has not been getting the proper use because of lack of time to play, this system will come with a controler and 4 games. Tripple play 98, NBA Live 99, NFL Gameday 99, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing. This is a great system and everything works great! $120 and will accept other reasonable offers. Email me at [email protected] Email me if you would like to see pictures. Thank you for shopping!

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I don't consider asking for 30 dollars extra to be stupid.

Someone will pay it. It's worth it too. Alot of people probably end up spending close to 30 dollars in gas + time to find a system...so paying someone to hunt one for you (essentially this is what it is...) isnt the end all of things,[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me... If I buy something major, I try not to pay tax on it though... But I understand not wanting to look for one, but I'd rather pay 275+gas for a new one than 280 for a used one.

[quote name='artimus_black']Maybe it's just me... If I buy something major, I try not to pay tax on it though... But I understand not wanting to look for one, but I'd rather pay 275+gas for a new one than 280 for a used one.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone has easy access to major purchases without tax. Secondly, the relative scarcity of Wiis means that you're not guaranteed to get one for 275 + gas, maybe you're spending ??? time + ??? gas and not getting one at all. Lastly, this one is listed as brand new.

[quote name='davo1224']While I wonder sometimes why people spell cord as chord, I can't see anything wrong with it either.[/quote]

The price used to be listed as $4650.

I just hate the retarded posts like: "PS1 10 GAMES HOK UPS STUFFF $70" then the body of the post is basically the same thing with no description.

actually, anyone who lists a system with games and doesn't provide a list of games should choke :)

[quote name='fullmetalfan720']The price used to be listed as $4650.[/QUOTE]

Ah, well, that explains it. I would have to think a typo on that, maybe $465 (Still a crazy price) or if they were giving a good offer, 46.50, but the .50 is unlikely =/

[quote name='GizmoGC']I don't get it...?[/quote]

Yeah this one did not last long seeing I emailed the guy to see what games he had and fish to see if it was a typo and he said it was and changed it...

bread's done
Back