Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']We all can go and get one.. they aren't hard to find anymore.[/quote]

i thought sum places were still hard 2 find them, didnt know that bcuz i had mine since they first came out so didnt bother keeping up 2 date on that

just for shits and giggles i was searching for guitar hero bcuz i was thinking of gettin aerosmith when i saw this

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/ele/921822789.html

moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Trying to find your son or daughter a great Christmas present. It comes with Guitar hero 3, Aerosmith, and 2 barely used guitars. Theres only one neck holder but you can remove it to use for the other one if you want to. If you want it call my home at (410)-643-1088
1f51221g23n43ma3pe8bg07565452e7fd19ff.jpg

they want $150
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']just for shits and giggles i was searching for guitar hero bcuz i was thinking of gettin aerosmith when i saw this

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/ele/921822789.html

moz-screenshot-2.jpg

Trying to find your son or daughter a great Christmas present. It comes with Guitar hero 3, Aerosmith, and 2 barely used guitars. Theres only one neck holder but you can remove it to use for the other one if you want to. If you want it call my home at (410)-643-1088
1f51221g23n43ma3pe8bg07565452e7fd19ff.jpg

they want $150
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
[/quote]

Reppin the 410, nice. :D

Haha I'm starting to like this thread...

Craigslist is really becoming a pain in my ass as both a buyer and seller. A couple new people have recently come on the scene... this one guy keeps trying to sell hacked devices, but won't mention it or dances around it unless you really pry them. Everytime I see a great deal with video games I send an email and it always turns out being the same guy, obviously selling the same hacked crap.

As a seller, I constantly find myself dealing with this annoying "sympathy buyer". Every time I list a game/system for sale, I get an email from them asking if they can have it for a ridiculous price because money is tight, and their son really wants one, blah blah blah. It's copy-and-paste BS(like I said, I get it with almost every listing) and every 2 weeks or so they also put up a "wii request" listing, asking someone to sell them their wii for cheap. I've emailed them about it the first time I saw it(not realize it was them, and I WAS trying to sell my Wii), and of course they give you this goading "well, this guy is going to sell me his for $100, so if you can do better..." crap. This is really what I don't like about Craigslist, it encourages begger habits. This woman doesn't care that I'm keen to her nonsense, what's the worst that will happen? She can repost, and move on. Perhaps I should too... it just annoys me to think that some innocent person might be buying into it. I should probably make an arrangement and not show up.

[quote name='eastshore4']Haha I'm starting to like this thread...

Craigslist is really becoming a pain in my ass as both a buyer and seller. A couple new people have recently come on the scene... this one guy keeps trying to sell hacked devices, but won't mention it or dances around it unless you really pry them. Everytime I see a great deal with video games I send an email and it always turns out being the same guy, obviously selling the same hacked crap.

As a seller, I constantly find myself dealing with this annoying "sympathy buyer". Every time I list a game/system for sale, I get an email from them asking if they can have it for a ridiculous price because money is tight, and their son really wants one, blah blah blah. It's copy-and-paste BS(like I said, I get it with almost every listing) and every 2 weeks or so they also put up a "wii request" listing, asking someone to sell them their wii for cheap. I've emailed them about it the first time I saw it(not realize it was them, and I WAS trying to sell my Wii), and of course they give you this goading "well, this guy is going to sell me his for $100, so if you can do better..." crap. This is really what I don't like about Craigslist, it encourages begger habits. This woman doesn't care that I'm keen to her nonsense, what's the worst that will happen? She can repost, and move on. Perhaps I should too... it just annoys me to think that some innocent person might be buying into it. I should probably make an arrangement and not show up.[/quote]

Just block the lowballing douchebag's email address, and if you come across beggar requests posted like that, just flag them. Usually they get flagged off pretty quickly.

http://houston.craigslist.org/tag/948836640.html

BRAND NEW WII BUNDLE- LOWEST PRICE ON CRAIGSLIST FREE BJ! - $290

I have several BRAND NEW wii consoles with receipt on hand. I will beat any price on craigslist. Just send me a email or call/text my cell phone (removed, jic). I will accept cash only for obvious reasons.
FREE BJ for people that buy within the next 5 hours!
BRAND NEW Items included:
Console
5 sports games
1 controller
1 nunchuck
all necessary cables

----

somebody wanna tell me it's not what i think it is? hahahha

[quote name='aniousjoe']http://houston.craigslist.org/tag/948836640.html

BRAND NEW WII BUNDLE- LOWEST PRICE ON CRAIGSLIST FREE BJ! - $290

I have several BRAND NEW wii consoles with receipt on hand. I will beat any price on craigslist. Just send me a email or call/text my cell phone (removed, jic). I will accept cash only for obvious reasons.
FREE BJ for people that buy within the next 5 hours!
BRAND NEW Items included:
Console
5 sports games
1 controller
1 nunchuck
all necessary cables

----

somebody wanna tell me it's not what i think it is? hahahha[/quote]

In for 1! (sent a txt message)

This is how it went so far:

me- Free BJ? How could I lose?
other guy- You have 2 hours before the offer expires.
me- Not sure if it's worth it, send a pic.
other guy- No pics available, sorry.
me- No pics huh? You're a dude :[
other guy- I'm a mule sorry.
me- Good enough. Ready to buy!
other guy- Haha. I'm a dude. So you really want the wii? I'll suck your manwich but I have a biting disorder.
me- Nah I'm good thanks anyway though!
other guy- Ok ok, I'm a mule, now want the Wii?
me- Yes! Btw you should have titled your ad as "Buy my Wii, I'll suck yours!"

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PhrostByte']In for 1! (sent a txt message)

This is how it went so far:

me- Free BJ? How could I lose?
other guy- You have 2 hours before the offer expires.
me- Not sure if it's worth it, send a pic.
other guy- No pics available, sorry.
me- No pics huh? You're a dude :[
other guy- I'm a mule sorry.
me- Good enough. Ready to buy!
other guy- Haha. I'm a dude. So you really want the wii? I'll suck your manwich but I have a biting disorder.
me- Nah I'm good thanks anyway though!
other guy- Ok ok, I'm a mule, now want the Wii?
me- Yes! Btw you should have titled your ad as "Buy my Wii, I'll suck yours!"[/quote]

no words, man... no words

I listed my older PS3 on CL, and just got an email asking if I would want to trade my PS3 for a blu-ray player.

[quote name='eastshore4']I listed my older PS3 on CL, and just got an email asking if I would want to trade my PS3 for a blu-ray player.[/quote]

hahahaha nice. Did you dignify it with a response?

I suppose Blu-Ray players have about 1/5 of the power consumption of a PS3 when playing Blu-Rays but still. That 4/5 more equals video game goodness...

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/950146527.html

XBOX GAMES___RARE, Never played with - $12 (bergen county)

Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-12-08, 3:49PM EST

Armed and Dangerous (LIVE online enabled) (Rated: Teen, Crude Humor, Mild Language and violence)

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind (Platinum Hits) (Rated: Teen, Blood, Violence)

RAW (Rated: Teen, Mild lyrics, Violence)

Counter Strike (Platinum Hits, LIVE online enabled) ((Rated: Mature, Blood, Intense Violence)

These Xbox games are opened, but never played with. They all come with the instruction booklet, no scratch on any of the disc! Overall, it is all in great/new condition. From a non-smoker and no pet home, selling each game for $12; cash and pick up

Yes, because games that become PH are very rare...

[quote name='permutated']I posted my Dreamcast bundle on there, it's pristine with an almost new copy of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, asking 90$ for it, some asshole emails me offering 50$. [/quote]

I'll give you $55 ...

i use craigslist. i still didnt get any offer for my 360 controller :(
its brand new.. i just want 2 ps3 games for it dont need to be popular games but people wants to pay $10 for my unopen controller ._.

the reason i use craigslist cause i would prefer to meet up than just mail stuff out

It would depend on the games, it isn't that hard getting some 10 dollar ps3 game from a clearance or another, 20 bucks for I assume a wireless controller out of pocket

http://dayton.craigslist.org/wan/950988649.html

Hello to all of you selling your Wii systems. I am interested in buying 1 however I don't have alot of money to spend. I can offer $100.00 today for a working Wii system. I know that isn't alot, but used systems are selling for as low as 149.00. I just don't have the extra. So if anyone out there has a system and is in terrible need for money please let me know.
I doubt anyone will bite when you're offering less than Gamestop.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/wan/948856779.html

Hi all. The only thing my 9 y.o. daughter wants for Christmas is a NINTENDO DS. We just don't have the funds to buy a brand new one, and thought maybe someone would have a gently used one for sale. Maybe you're getting a new system for Christmas? Please let me know if you have one or know where I might purchase one. Thanks for reading, and Merry Christmas!
You mean the ones that sell for about double what you're offering?

The more I look at the wanted section, I can see why so many people get lowball offers.

IF YOUR READING THIS THEN IT'S AVAILABLE........

HERES A COMPLETE X-BOX GAME SYSTEM ALL CABLES,CONTROLLER AND 39 DIFFERENT GAMES,ALL GAMES ARE USED..SYSTEM WORKS WITH NO KNOWN PROBLEMS......
$325 FIRM...
GAMES ALONG ARE WORTH MORE THEN THE PRICE...
NO TRADES...
ANY EMAILS WITH OFFERS LOWER THEN THE PRICE WILL BE DELETED....
IF YOUR INTERESTED EMAIL A NUMBER YOU CAN BE REACHED AT...

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tag/952717329.html

Tons of racing games, a few sports and some other misc. games.
Guy is highhighhigh.

^^^ haha You should send him an email asking just how much some of those titles fetch... put a little pressure on him. His sale won't go very far though, I've been trying to sell my Xbox with 22 games at $100 for over a month now (quite a few sports games but there's some solid titles thrown in there too) and haven't gotten a single offer.

[quote name='eastshore4']^^^ haha You should send him an email asking just how much some of those titles fetch... put a little pressure on him. His sale won't go very far though, I've been trying to sell my Xbox with 22 games at $100 for over a month now (quite a few sports games but there's some solid titles thrown in there too) and haven't gotten a single offer.[/quote]

I sent him an offer for $40 but really I'm not even willing to pay that.

[quote name='pulsar0510']IF YOUR READING THIS THEN IT'S AVAILABLE........

HERES A COMPLETE X-BOX GAME SYSTEM ALL CABLES,CONTROLLER AND 39 DIFFERENT GAMES,ALL GAMES ARE USED..SYSTEM WORKS WITH NO KNOWN PROBLEMS......
$325 FIRM...
GAMES ALONG ARE WORTH MORE THEN THE PRICE...
NO TRADES...
ANY EMAILS WITH OFFERS LOWER THEN THE PRICE WILL BE DELETED....
IF YOUR INTERESTED EMAIL A NUMBER YOU CAN BE REACHED AT...

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tag/952717329.html

Tons of racing games, a few sports and some other misc. games.
Guy is highhighhigh.[/quote]

I sent doucheface there an email...I don't think he liked what I had to say. He simply couldn't face the truth of the matter that he is asking 8 times that bundle's value, and decided to throw a tantrum.

My original email:

X-BOX COMPLETE SYSTEM WITH 39 GAMES.. (north jersey)

Hey, I'm just trying to figure out how you came up with $325 as not only your asking price, but as a FIRM asking price?

Because used XBoxes are practically worthless, they can't even give them away at every Gamestop in the country. Same with most of the games. Particularly the ones you list, which are mostly racing and sports games. The vast majority of your games sell for a couple to a few bucks, at best, used.

"GAMES ALONG (ALONE) ARE WORTH MORE THEN (THAN) THE PRICE..."

Come on, who the hell do you think you're going to fool? You will NEVER sell your XBox at anywhere near the price you are asking. EVER. Even if it was an XBox 360 with those same shitty games. I suggest you look on gamestop's website as to the prices for used copies of the games you are selling, along with a used XBox price...or even better, find out how little you'd get in trade-in value for that pile. Then adjust your price accordingly.

Little poofer's response:

"jim beanne" [email protected] wrote:

oh boo hoo hoo..

you think i realy give a shit what a dickhead like you thinks, if you don't like it oh well..
go find something to do,preferrably go back in your corner and jerk yourself off moron..

Oh man, I'm having a wonderful 'discussion' with that guy, absolutely hilarious. Hope he enjoys his new emails too.

Found this one, hilarious! Especially since there's a game store nearby that has 6 or 7 sealed copies for $12 or so a piece.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/clt/954465723.html

Super" Star Wars Collectable Unopened EXTREMEMLY RARE!!! - $150 ((Cant find this anywhere else!) )

Date: 2008-12-11, 4:14PM PST

Super Star Wars Super Nintendo Game Pack

~~~VERY RARE~~~ :roll::roll::roll:

~Good condition (packaging slightly dented)
~Worth over $400 (I'm desperate though, I need money in the next week)
~Still in original packaging

Please contact Chris Durkee at 9:roll:9 786 6:roll:53.

Pick-up only!!! Inquire for address.
Cash ONLY

[email protected]

LOL I didn't realize this was the CraigsList trolling thread ;P

I put up an ad for some of my extra guides that are cluttering up the house -- asking about 25-50% of MSRP just for some holiday cash. Some dumbass who goes to my school emails me telling me he wants a Crisis Core guide for $10, says he'll call me (Friday) and never does...

Then I get a phonecall at 6:45 AM from him, drunk off his ass, asking if its the guide or the friggin' game, then starts asking me if I am selling any PSP games...when I tell him i've got a FF Tactics and a Valkyrie Profile for $15 and $20 each, or $30 if he wants both, he starts begging me to give him them for $28. I eventually told him I'd email him and just hung up.

If I hadn't been up scanning photos for my family today, I'd have been even more pissed.

I'm going to have to dig up some other shitty games and take this guy for all he's worth now. Maybe $28 for Harvest Moon and Platypus? Haha...

Just some things I come across everyday.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/957151789.html

40 gig Playstation 3 with a wireless control 3 games blue-ray dvd movi - $500 (412 59th st apt #1 West New York)

Date: 2008-12-13, 11:08PM EST

A new 40 gig Playstation 3, not even a year old, Perfect condition!

3 Games
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Grand theft auto 4

1 Wireless controll and blueray dvd movie

Email me to NEGOTIATE!
"Also email me on [email protected].... because the default one is weird but still email me on both of them
http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/957353837.htmlBrand New Nintendo Wii - $350 (Little Falls)

I have a brand new Nintendo Wii still in the box. I am selling it for $350 firm. Contact me if your interested, I am willing to meet anywhere local.
this guy must be on crack

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/956862424.htmlGAMECUBE - $200

Date: 2008-12-13, 5:35PM EST

i have a gamecube system that i barely use anymore. it works perfectly, and it still looks new. its a silver system, coming with a silver & purple controller, with a couple of games. i need to sell this as soon as possible for money issues in my family. if interested please contact me, price could be negotiable.
and finally the ass that trys to rip people off by pirating

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/tag/957464588.html184 PSP Games & 6 Movies on 17 DVD's - for modded PSP - $100 (Montclair)

Date: 2008-12-14, 11:20AM EST

--------
Games
--------
300 - March To Glory
Activision Hits Remixed
After Burner - Black Falcon
Ape Academy [EUR]
Ape Academy [JPN]
Armored Core Formula Front Extreme Battle
Astonishia Story [JPN]
Astonishia Story [USA]
ATV Off-road Fury Blazin Trails
Blade Dancer [JPN]
Bleach 2 - Heat of the Soul
Bleach
Breath of Fire 3
Burnout Legends
Bust a Move Deluxe
Cabelas Dangerous Hunts Ultimate Challenge
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Call of Duty 3 - Road to Victory
Cars
Coded Arms
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crysis Core Final Fantasy VII
Daxter
Dead to Rights - Reckoning
Death Jr
Def Jam Fight for NY
Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy Portable [JPN]
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai
Dragonball Z Shin Budokai Another Road
Driver 76
Dynasty Warriors
Eureka Seven [JPN]
Everybody's Golf
Exit
F1 Grand Prix
Field Commander
Fifa 07
Fifa Street 2
Fight Night Round 3
Fired Up
Frantix
Frogger Helmet Chaos
From Russia with Love
Generation of Chaos
Ghost in the Shell
Ghost Rider
God of War - Chains of Olympus
Gradius Collection
Grip Shift
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
GuiltyGearXX Japan/English
Gun - Showdown (250mb Rip)
Gun - Showdown
Gundam Battle Tactics
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire
Harvest Moon - Boy & Girl
Heatseeker
Hellboy Science of Evil
Hot Shots Golf Open Tee
HotBrain
Infected
Intelligent License [JPN]
Ironman
Juiced 2
Kao Challengers
Killzone Liberation
King Kong
Kingdom of Paradise
Legend of Heroes
Legend of the Dragon
Lemmings
Loco Roco
Loco Roco Demo [JPN]
Lord of the Rings Tactics
Lumines
Magna Carta Portable [JPN]
Manhunt 2
Marvel Nemesis
Me and My Katamari
Medal of Honor Heroes
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
MediEvil Resurrection
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Megaman Powered Up
Mercury
Metal Gear Acid
Metal Gear Solid Digital Graphic Novel
Metal Gear Acid 2
MidnightClub 3 Dub Edition
Midway Arcade Treasures ExPlay
Minna no Golf Coca-Cola Edition [JPN]
MLB "The Show" 2008
Monster Hunter Freedom EUR
Monster Hunter Portable
MX Vs ATV Unleashed On the Edge
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 - The Phantom Fortress
Naruto Ultimate Portable [JPN]
NBA Ballers Rebound
NBA Live 2006
NBA Street Showdown
Need For Speed - Carbon - Own the City
Need For Speed - Most Wanted
Need For Speed - Underground Rivals
Neopets Petpet Adventures the Wand Of Wishing
NFL Madden 2006
NFL Street 2 Unleashed
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast
Pac-Man World 3
Panic Bomber
Pinball
Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Mans Chest
PoPoLoCrois
Prince of Persia Revelations
Prince of Persia Rival Swords
Pro Evolution Soccer 5
Pursuit Force
Puyo Pop Fever
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle Challenge Crosswords and More
Race Driver 2006
Reel Fishing - The Great Outdoors
Rengoku - The Tower of Purgatory
Ridge Racer
Ridge Racer 2
Rockman Dash 2 [JPN]
Rocky Balboa
Samurai Warriors State of War
Secret Agent Clank
Silent Hill - Origins
Simple 2500 Series Portable Vol6 the Sensha
Smart Bomb
Socom US Navy Seals Fireteam Bravo
Space Invaders Extreme
SpiderMan 2
Splinter Cell Essentials
SpongeBob Squarepants the Yellow Avenger
SSX on Tour [ESP]
SSX on Tour [USA]
Star Wars Battlefront 2
Star Soldier
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Street Riders
Street Supremacy
Syphon Filter Dark Mirror
Tales of Eternia
Talkman
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Tekken - Dark Resurrection
Tenchu Time of Assassins
Test Drive Unlimited
The Con [USA]
The Con [EUR]
The Dog Happy Life Vol.1 [JPN]
The Sims 2
The Sims 2 Castaway
Tiger Woods 2008
Toca Race Driver 2
Tokobot
Tomb Raider Legend
Tony Hawks Project 8
Tony Hawks Underground 2 Remix
Transformers
Twisted Metal Head On
Ultimate Block Party
Untold Legends - Brotherhood of the Blade
Untold Legends 2 - The Warriors Code
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Vampire Chronicle
Viewtiful Joe
Virtua Tennis
Wall-e
Who Wants To Be a Millionaire?
Winning Eleven 9
Wipeout Pure
World Rally Champ
World Series of Poker
World Snooker Challenge 2005
World Tour Soccer
Worms Open Warfare
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2006
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2008
Xmen Legends 2 Rise of Apocalypse

--------
Movies
--------
Pulp Fiction
Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings - The Return of The King
The Matrix
The Nightmare Before Christmas

Today I seen the master of all morons.

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/958735010.html
wii console - new in box - $600 (red bank area)

i have a new in box wii console with receipt for proof. if interested email me.

I am about to email hi and say i'm interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://dayton.craigslist.org/tag/958456036.html

Great game system, EBOX , wireless with wireless remote controls. Also works as a DVD player. many games included see list below.

NHL 05, unreal champ, Amped, Power Drome, Colin McRae rally, Outlaw Volleyball, Call of Duty-first hour, Tiger Woods PCA tour 05, Over the hedge, Top Spin, Enter the Matix, Sponge Bob- lights camera pants, Rainbox Six- 3 black arrow, Halo, Brothers in Arms-earned in blood, Forza motorsport, burnout 3 takedown, Sims- bustin out, madden 04, underground 2, high rollars-casino, Ralli sport 2 challenge, Malice, crimson skies-high road to revenge.
Ebox? :dunce:

Anyway, that's asking way too much for something that is commonly found. I doubt that will be sold for $199.

http://dayton.craigslist.org/tag/958057570.html

New never opened Turok for ps3 Asking $50. goes for $60 new

Isn't the MSRP for a new copy around $20 now?

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/tag/959712886.html

>>>Play Station2 with case, 16 games and 2 controller (see photo) - $260 (Rockville)
Date: 2008-12-16, 12:52AM EST

It is very good condition but we got wii that's why we want to sale it. Serious buyer and local only please call 301-318-8778.

16 Games

Samurai Warriors2, Spiderman3, Nightshade, Pirates of the caribbean at world's end, Sniper Elite, Harry potter and the order of the phoenix, Surf's up, Grand theft auto, Fantastic Four, Naruto Utimate ninja2, Shrex the third, Transformers, Fatal Fury Battle 1, Kung Fu Panda, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift2.

Well bonus points for trying

I sold a used wii that was scratched up, no wii sports, no stand, with just links crossbow training and WITHOUT the gun for it, for 300 cash on craigslist last week. Used wii demand went up for the holiday season. I was going to sell it for 200 months ago because no one gave a damn, but i lost the wii (literally) and found it a week ago in a closet. Craigslist owns.

bread's done
Back