Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

I overloaded on MS Points about a week ago and was trying to sell some back to soften my Tekken 6/Forza 3/GTA GTony bill for the end of October.

Listed two 1600 points in the blister packs for $15 each, obviously a good price. Got one person offering $25 and another 9PM asking me if I could sell him both for $20. Deleted both. Next morning I get an email from a guy saying hes not in the area, but is willing to trade two 3-month Live subs for the points, LOL. Sent him a response I will not post here.

Craigslist has really gone downhill, a whole lot more dumbasses in this recession. Next day I delete the posting and list them on Ebay for $18 with me Emailing the codes, both sold within an hour and got immediate payment, then positive feedback for both by the end of the day.

[quote name='lmz00']Why no stories about dumbass CL buyers? I listed my year-old 20" iMac for a modest $900, and I got two people trying to offer $700, and one even offering $500 (when the lowest they've gone for on eBay is $850 shipped). Part of me feels like responding to tell them that they're on crack, but I just wind up deleting them.[/QUOTE]

1. they were offers
2. when many CL sellers won't let you see the computer work, how do you know you aren't buying a big expensive brick?
3. um, they were just making an offer. when people on here lowball or cash-in-face a seller, they are applauded
4. at least with ebay, there is a feedback system and some level of buyer protection
5. hello! they were just making an offer!

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/sys/1443250164.html

Very Fast Custom Built - High End/Gaming Machine Must Sell

2.3Ghz Quad Core Processor
4GB High Speed Memory
600 GB 7200 RPM hard drive
150 GB 7200 RPM hard drive
35GB 10,000 RPM "Raptor" hard drive
Windows Vista
24" LCD monitor (up to 1920 x 1280 resolution)
nVidia 8800GT Graphics

DVD Recorder w/300 movies stored on hard drive

Full Sony Vegas Movie Studio and Sony DVD maker platinum software (makes DVDs ready for play on home DVD players, complete with menus etc), office software, downloading software, anti-virus software, google earth, and tons more. This computer does everything super, super fast and is completely virus free.

Hard Drives are barely half full and most of that is from about 300 movies (most new titles and hundreds more of top rated films) that are stored on the hard drives. The machine was originally built as a gaming machine and has a very fast hard drive to put games (or anything that you want to access faster) on so they run faster.

Machine also has a custom case with side panel window and green lighting. It has full aftermarket air cooling by Zalman, the zalman "fatality" series fans. It is entirely set up and runs perfectly with tons and tons of extras installed on it...it is extremely, extremely fast, with no hesitation, can download 12 movies at once and still use the machine to do whatever you want and hardly notice a load on it. It is also very capable of gaming. The fast hard drive currently holds about 50 kid's movies on it.

It is an awesome machine and I am forced to sell it right now. You can't buy anything this fast and well built for less than $3000 new

that's funny, my $700 rig is better.

I just recently emailed a lady that had a steering box that I needed for my jeep on craigslist.

She had the price listed and then OBO after the price.

So I emailed her and offered her my best offer, and this is what I got in response....

"Haha, why would I sell it to you for $100.00 bux when I have the listing price for $140???"

I wrote her back and asked why she had wrote, OBO after the price if she didn't want offers.

She wrote back and said, what does OBO mean???

Sigh....

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/vgm/1445208607.html

$75 used. Or I could just go to Frys tomorrow morning and buy it new on clearance for under $50. Which is what I'm doing.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/vgm/1445208607.html
Sexy chick on the south side wanting to sell a playstation 3. It has a wireless controller, 3 games, Madden 10, and 2 other games. Selling it all for $220.00. Serious inquiries only. Like brand new, very hot item so act fast.
Wasn't interested until I noticed a sexy chick was selling it.

Wow. Check out this e-mail I just got about my iMac:

Please let me know if you’d consider 600. Please also confirm you bought it new and it has not been refurbished. I’m looking for a gently used machine. Thanks, Bruce
:rofl:
I almost feel like updating my listing to include all of the ridiculous e-mails I've gotten since I posted it.

My plea to everyone here is NEVER sell an XBox 360. I actually gave some guy his money and took it back because I was tired of his stupid questions.

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

How do you remember to breathe without someone telling you?

[quote name='FriscoDude']http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bar/1441562575.html

Ill trade you an Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS for all 140 Yu Gi Oh cards; good deal[/QUOTE]

Oh yea, this guy seems totally legit. Snicker.
smile

only $75 for a SNES with 2 games or $100 for a SNES and N64 on the STL CL. hurry before these deals get away. oh a $55 Genesis with some sports games YES PLEASE. Seriously this is why I rarely look at CL anymore.

[quote name='davo1224']My plea to everyone here is NEVER sell an XBox 360. I actually gave some guy his money and took it back because I was tired of his stupid questions.

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

How do you remember to breathe without someone telling you?[/QUOTE]

LOL, I read your story int he topic you posted...man, you should have told that guy to fuck off - "ALL SALES FINAL"

caveat emptor!!!

[quote name='SimaYi']
Craigslist has really gone downhill, a whole lot more dumbasses in this recession. Next day I delete the posting and list them on Ebay for $18 with me Emailing the codes, both sold within an hour and got immediate payment, then positive feedback for both by the end of the day.[/QUOTE]

You actually could have gotten more than that for your points on eBay. MS Points sell for ABOVE retail on eBay for some completely unknown reason. You could have easily scored $21.00 for each.

More and more, CAG is starting to feel like Craigslist to me. Someone sends me an message with an inquiry, I respond, they never respond back. Just like Craigslist!

[quote name='davo1224']My plea to everyone here is NEVER sell an XBox 360. I actually gave some guy his money and took it back because I was tired of his stupid questions.

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

GOOGLE

How do you remember to breathe without someone telling you?[/QUOTE]

You should post his name and e-mail. ;)

$300 Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition guy from Minnesota has reposted his ad:

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/vgm/1448969887.html

Brand New Xbox 360 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition. I am selling a pre ordered game from gamestop. It is sold out at gamestop and bestbuy, walmart, etc. It is the hottest and most anticipated game of the year. Great Christmas present and awesome game franchise.It comes out November 10. 2009, I am recieving it within 3 days of that date. (it is being shipped to me from gamestop) I am looking to get 300, but will consider other offers. Thanks!

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/1451155181.html

Does this have bricked written all over it??? Seems like a lot of trouble for a $15-25 flip.

NEW Softmod Nintendo Wii Sports w/bonus remote and remote jacket - $225 (SW LV)

Date: 2009-11-04, 9:20AM PST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

PLEASE DO NOT FLAG THIS. I HAVE THE ITEM AND IT IS READY TO BE SOLD. IF I AM DOING SOMETHING WRONG, LET ME KNOW. I am selling a NINTENDO Wii SPORTS. This will make a perfect gift for yourself or for someone else, especially with the holiday season coming. PLEASE READ BELOW COMPLETELY: I am only selling this locally. Please no emails if you are out of the U.S.A., out of Nevada, or out of the Las Vegas Valley area. This is first come, first serve. I need to sell this and will not hold it. If you see this ad, the Wii is still available. I will remove the ad once it is sold. Asking for $225 firm for the Nintendo Wii Sports and Bonus Wii remote & remote jacket. The Wii is brand new. I only opened the box to take pictures and to softmod it. Included are: - Wii Console - Nunchuck - Wii Console Stand - Sensor Bar - Wii Remote - Wii AC Adapter - Wii Remote Jacket - Wii AV Cable
- Wii Sports Game Disc (Tennis, Bowling, Golf, Baseball, Boxing) BONUSI will also include an extra Wii Remote (No package) and Wii Remote Jacket (No package). These two are valued at $39.99 according to Gamestop.com. I will also include the following games (not original) for only $25 more: - Madden NFL '10 - Need of Speed Undercover - WarioLand: The Snake Dimension - Mario & Sonic: At the Winter Olympic Games - Cars: Race 'O Rama - Family Party: 30 Great Games Outdoor Fun - Mario Power Tennis - Mario Kart - MLB Power Pros 2008 - Punch Out ABOUT THE Wii: The Wii is running firmware version 4.2U. Below are pictures of the Wii and screenshots from the Wii itself (with the games listed above).
Wii.JPG
screenshot_1.JPG
screenshot_2.JPG

[quote name='Doomstink']You actually could have gotten more than that for your points on eBay. MS Points sell for ABOVE retail on eBay for some completely unknown reason. You could have easily scored $21.00 for each.[/QUOTE]

Not really. There could be any number of reasons why.

1. The buyer has funds in a paypal account, but does not have a bank account for them to transfer the funds to. So they must spend the money.
2. It could be a scammer.
a) using stolen credit card info to receive a gift card which they can convert to cash easily
b) when the seller emails the code or sends it by mail w/o tracking, the buyer files a claim it that it wasn't received.
3. Microsoft/Bing Cash Back. Buying a $100 GC for $108 or less is still coming out on top even when the current cash back for ebay is 8%.
4. Money laundering.
5. Foreigners that cannot obtain it through a business in their country and don't have the proper 'means' to purchase it internationally. (Such as if I wanted to buy a UK PSN card even though I'm a US resident.)

There's probably many more things I haven't listed.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I have him hot on the trail... told him I would pay the $300 if he is absolutely sure that he can drop it off.... I will try for about 4-5 more emails before I tell him I am in Las Vegas....[/QUOTE]

Wow.... this guy is more stupid than I even gave him credit for... it seems that he IS getting within 3 days of the lauch date of November 10... He will have it on ...
November 14 or 15

By that time, anyone who would have agreed to buy one for $300 would have already found one at the regular price... What a beacon of Craigslist Stupidity!!!

37 SUPER NINTENDO GAMES - $120...a little over $3 a cart for SNES games. Not terribly bad, hell it might even be a good deal, right?

Errr, not so much. Check out this pile of shit. I wouldn't even pay $1 per game for this lot.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/tag/1451850076.html

I AM SELLING 37 GAMES FOR SUPER NINTENDO THEY ALL WORK I WANT $120 OR OBO GIVE ME A CALL 562)972-8764 FERNANDO

1. ANIMANIACS
2. BATMAN FOREVER
3. BEST OF THE BEST CHAMPIONSHIP KARATE
4. CHAMPIONSHIP POOL
5. CAN'T READ THE TITLE ON THIS ONE, AND IT IS ALREADY PACKED UP, SO CAN'T LOOK AT THE SCREEN.
6. HOME ALONE 2 LOST IN NEW YORK
7. JEOPARDY DELUXE EDITION
8. JUDGE DREDD
9. KEN GRIFFEY JRS WINNING RUN
10. LAST ACTION HERO
11. MADDEN 96
12. MARIO PAINT
13. MONOPOLY
14. NBA LIVE 96
15. NHL STANLEY CUP
16. NIGEL MANSELL'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RACING
17. POPULOUS
18. RIVAL TURF
19. ROAD RUNNERS DEATH VALLEY RALLY
20. SCOOBY DOO MYSTERY
21. SHAQ FU
22. SIM CITY
23. SUPER OFF ROAD THE BAJA
24. SUPER BASES LOADED 1
25. SUPER BATTLESHIP
26. SUPER BATTLETANK 1
27. SUPER MARIO WORLD
28. SUPER PINBALL BEHIND THE MASK
29. SUPER SCOPE 6
30. SUPER TENNIS
31. TAZ MANIA
32. TOYS
33. ULTRAMAN
34. VEGAS STAKES
35. WINGS 2 ACHES HIGH
36. WWF SUPER WRESTLEMANIA
37. ZOOP

I don't know, Mario Paint's pretty fun, and I have been looking for a decent copy of "CAN'T READ THE TITLE ON THIS ONE, AND IT IS ALREADY PACKED UP, SO CAN'T LOOK AT THE SCREEN" forever.

[quote name='phoenix529']I don't know, Mario Paint's pretty fun, and I have been looking for a decent copy of "CAN'T READ THE TITLE ON THIS ONE, AND IT IS ALREADY PACKED UP, SO CAN'T LOOK AT THE SCREEN" forever.[/QUOTE]

Didn't that one win nintendo power's 1992 top 8 games? :lol:

I was excited when they finally added a video game category to Craigslist. Finally, I wouldn't have to dig through posts in electronics, toys, general, etc. for video game deals. Sadly, however, making the posts easier to find has pretty much killed all the deals to be found.

[quote name='phoenix529']I don't know, Mario Paint's pretty fun, and I have been looking for a decent copy of "CAN'T READ THE TITLE ON THIS ONE, AND IT IS ALREADY PACKED UP, SO CAN'T LOOK AT THE SCREEN" forever.[/QUOTE]

FLOL, yeah I laughed so hard when I saw that on his list. I actually still have a copy of that game, it's also known as "Michael Jordan in the Windy City" or whatever that stupid game is called. The label is scratched off and you can only make out the top part of a black man's bald head. When it came in a lot I picked up, I was like "WTF is this shit??? NBA Jam? fuck?"

Nope I threw it on my FC Twin and see Jordan...into the garbage pile you go!

http://cnj.craigslist.org/vgm/1454902923.html

Outrageous prices..

i have a wii for sale with many games. i have only played it a couple times. doesnt really interest me anymore. local pick up only.will sell all together or separate. all items are best offer no low ballers!!! CASH ONLY! Call 732-xxx-xxxx any time ask for bryan

wii system- 220 in box with two controllers one nun chuck
wii play-20
ninja reflex-20
guitar hero aerosmith- 40
guitar hero legends of rock (with guitar)-60
mario kart (with racing wheel)- 60
rayman raving rabbids- 30
wireless sensor- 15

OTHER ITEMS: package deal for non Wii items 190
XBOX:
System with one controller pocket bike racer, freaky flyers, NCAA football 2005, swat, medal of honor front line, true crime streets of la, need for speed underground 2 racing evolution- 70
Gameboy advance with crash bandicoot and spyro- 60
Nintendo 64 with 4 controllers and 3 games(donkey kong 64, Mario party, and super Mario 64)- 60
Pokemon game boy color with pokemon blue tetris mrs.pacman spongebob and Winnie the pooh-40
PLAYSTATION GAMES:
Gran turismo 2,Crash bandicoot warped, crash bandicoot 2, tekken, tekken 2, triple play 99, virtual pool, wwf attitude, rugrats- 30
GAMECUBE:
System with 1 controller Spyro enter the dragon fly, crazy taxi, burnout- 35

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually chuckled at Mario Kart. I love stupid Craigslist people, but when you can readily find an item available in stores, and they try to sell you that same item (but USED) for above MSRP, I giggle.

[quote name='Rictor']I was excited when they finally added a video game category to Craigslist. Finally, I wouldn't have to dig through posts in electronics, toys, general, etc. for video game deals. Sadly, however, making the posts easier to find has pretty much killed all the deals to be found.[/QUOTE]

Remember to continue to check electronics and toys because stupid fucking people still fucking post games there

[quote name='Nirron']I actually chuckled at Mario Kart. I love stupid Craigslist people, but when you can readily find an item available in stores, and they try to sell you that same item (but USED) for above MSRP, I giggle.[/QUOTE]

Check out about ANY new release game on amazon on the marketplace... there is a seller "Beach Audio" Their shit is always 20 bucks or so shipped ABOVE amazon's own price. fucking stupid

rofl

http://www.amazon.com/s/qid=1257575406/ref=sr_nr_p_4_2?ie=UTF8&rs=&me=A2R0FX412W1BDT&rh=p_4:Sony

LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition $64.39
Infamous $64.39
Killzone 2 $64.00

Just a small sample of stupidity. They have hundreds of games, every one of them over MSRP with like 5 bucks shipping.

I tried posting on craigslist and it's asking me for a phone number. Entered my number and never got any code call. Ridiculous. Can't post anything now.

I wonder whatever became of Xbox 360 HD-DVD Player guy who didn't care that it costs $30 new now because he paid close to $200 for his and therefore should get something near that amount back.

bread's done
Back