Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='TooMuchCoolness']Sort of off-topic but I will do my first craigslist trade tommorow, is it always recommended to trade in a public place like a restaurant or library, right? It could be risky to give a home address.[/QUOTE]

Yeah its better to meet in a public place.

Damn karkyco, I wish I lived in your area of the country. I checked out the free section on the OC CL after looking at that 'you took the wrong arcade cabinet' ad and damnnnnn some people were giving away halfway decent stuff on there.

Around here you're lucky if someone wants you to lug away their almost completely broken SDtv for free for them or is offering you up their shit stained couch/mattress set(complete with pictures).:puke:

The couple of trades I've done were all at public places(usually a wal-mart parking lot, since there's one within 7 miles of everyone in my town).

I did one trade where I went to the guy's house. It was for a single video game, and he lived about 15 miles away. It was worth it, and there wasnt any funny business, but if the kid hadnt been about 12 years old I would have been suspicious.

lol

http://maine.craigslist.org/vgm/1880706440.html

20 Atari games for sale. All in great working condition.
Titles are:
Battlezone
Yars Revenge
Superman
Galaxian
Pole Position
Tele-Games 16
Space War
Video Pinball
Super Baseball
Midnight Magic
Adventure
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Video Chess
Pitfall
Fishing Derby
Space Invaders
Chopper Command
Tele-Games 112

Asking $350 for whole lot or $20 a piece.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Becky at above reply address.
Thank you!

Not craigslist but LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...tendo-entertainment-system-W0QQAdIdZ214504846

Hey, i need a bunch of games to complete my collection:
if you have any of them let me know the price and i can pick them up!

6 in 1
cheetahmen 1 or 2
stadium events
bubble bobble 1 or 2
little samson
the flinstones : surprise at dinosaur peak
bonks adventure
snow brothers
fire n ice
duck tales 2
stack up
dragon warrior 2, 3 or 4
1990 nintendo world championships: gold edition or the grey one
Wacky Races
The Jungle Book
Nobunaga’s Ambition II
Puzznic
Ms. Pac-Man
Race America
The Jetsons Cogswell’s Caper
Qix
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Jimmy Connors Tennis
Galaxy 5000
Hatris
Swamp Thing
Cowboy Kid
Action 52
Panic Restaurant
Menace Beach
Secret Scout
Contra Force
Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom
RC Pro-AM II
Bomberman II
Mario Time Machine
Bandit Kings of Ancient China
Dusty Diamond All-Star Softball
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Tournament Fighters
L’Empereur
Ultima Warriors of Destiny
Faria

If you have any of these ill pay 5-10 bucks a game depending on which one you have :)
thanks

[quote name='LaughingGnome']http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/vgm/1848531040.html

A Bag of Video Games - $175 (Uptown)

For sale: A Duffel Bag Full of Video Games.

I'm pretty sure there's a console in there. I bet most of the games in the bag go with that console. There's also a bunch of stuff around the bag. You can have all of that stuff too.

Cash Only

Here is a picture of the bag[/QUOTE]

Wow...seriously...that's definitely stupid. Who ever falls for such a ploy, I laugh at you.

I just asked the condition of a game (scratches, bent manual etc) and if it was greatest hits. I got back "umm, it works fine?"

500 gb HDD loaded with 209 Wii games - $100

500 GB Seagate external hard drive loaded with 209 Wii games (list below), works with any soft-modded Wii (if your Wii is not soft-modded, I offer this service for $50)

^ You can get brand new ones for much less than that.

[quote name='NDarkness']500 gb HDD loaded with 209 Wii games - $100

500 GB Seagate external hard drive loaded with 209 Wii games (list below), works with any soft-modded Wii (if your Wii is not soft-modded, I offer this service for $50)
That seems like a decent deal, though. Beats having to spend time finding & ripping (or just downloading) the games. Then again, it is the Wii, so I'm assuming 90% of those are garbage games like cooking and whatnot.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Wow, only $550? That's outright robbery for the "classic" Super Nintendo. I'm lucky to find 'em for $1000!!

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1932270704.html

I have the classic super nintendo ... Comes with 2 remote controllers also classic games super mario , donkey kong , etc. $550 with games ...

Any questions cell:..........[/QUOTE]

Long Island craigslist is surely the worst in the country. (Sadly that's probably not true)

http://longisland.craigslist.org/vgm/1931726911.html

AN SOMEBODY PLEASE GIVE ME A FREE GOOD CONDITION XBOX 360 (levittown)

Date: 2010-09-01, 6:03PM EDT
Reply to: see below

dont send me a emial i will NOT BE CHEACKING
my number is 516 509 1431
please if you dont need a xbox360 any more just give it to me cause i get very bored i wanted one snese i saw it come out
it has to be in good condition remeber I WILL NOT BE CHECKIIN MY EMAIL

unopened Nintendo Action Set - $3000 (sturgeon mo)

I will take offers. But this is a never opened Nintendo Action set that also has the gun and game inside of it. It would be like when you was a kid. Call pamela at 573-xxx-xxxx

also this seems...unnecessary...

wanted someone to fix ps3 it wont open - $1 (mexico mo)

hi i am looking for someone to fix our ps3 system it was bought for christmas and not used much but my handicap daughter did something to it now it wont open if you can fix them please contact me thanks

[quote name='Mizzou75']also this seems...unnecessary...[/QUOTE]

"My retarded daughter fucks everything up. What an idiot... I wish someone would just fix my PS3 so I can get back to ignoring her existance. Thank you."

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/vgm/1930346320.html

COD NVGs! legit - $500 (ORANGE COUNTY)

AUTHENTIC NIGHT VISION GOGGLES FROM THE MODERN WARFARE 2 CALL OF DUTY!!!

CASH ONLY!
DONT BULLSHIT ME WITH SHADY TRANSACTIONS!
FACE TO FACE TRANSACTIONS ONLY!

CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH PLEASE DONT WASTE MY TIME IF YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS

ASKING $500 BUT I AM OPEN TO OFFERS

I thought the guy was kidding... but he's not. I then thought, "oh, maybe he means $50" which would be much more reasonable. But, it's in the title AND the post. I am going to email him and offer him $325 and see what he says.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Damn karkyco, I wish I lived in your area of the country. I checked out the free section on the OC CL after looking at that 'you took the wrong arcade cabinet' ad and damnnnnn some people were giving away halfway decent stuff on there.

Around here you're lucky if someone wants you to lug away their almost completely broken SDtv for free for them or is offering you up their shit stained couch/mattress set(complete with pictures).:puke:[/QUOTE]

Well, that's the OC. TONS of idiots with too much money to throw away down there and in the inland areas (then again, tons of them here in LA).

Plus, with the economic downturn, sooo many people in SoCal are being forced out of their homes by foreclosure, and leaving behind tons of stuff. But you also have to watch out for bogus ads - people post fake "free" ads on CL for whatever reason. I've seen tons and tons of ads that are too good to be true, often with pics - stuff like crazy amounts of video games, old toys, comics, flat screen TVs that work you name it. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.

I wouldn't buy a gift card unless they met me at the store and I paid for it AFTER using ALL of it during one visit. However, check this out.... how to totally lowball yourself...
want somethinging expensive for cheap - $1

Date: 2010-09-02, 11:43PM PDT
Reply to: see below

Gift cards i have two for Tiffany and co. $100 on each card yes you can verfiy if you buy em.asking 150 or obo..will consider 100 no lower, also have a 30 mac card too. asking 20 or obo won't take less than 15 text only 702-409-9:cry::lol::)

This would actually be a good deal IF YOU MEET HIM @ Tiffany's. Most times they balk at meeting at the actual store.
fuck

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters

SCAM ALERT 602-486-8944
Date: 2010-09-04, 2:42PM PDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Hi I posted a lowes gift card for sale a few days ago and a woman called me on this phone 602-486-8944 saying she just wants to verify the amount. After giving her the numbers on my card she used my card and spent over $200.00 of my money online for herself or whatever she does, she may be purchasing online through stolen card numbers and going and returning the item and getting cash by selling her stuff or her stolen cards online. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS STUPID TRICK. 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 602-486-8944 this is the phone number she is using be very careful when selling any cards.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1936910041

[quote name='stryker']The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters[/QUOTE]
Wow, I can't believe people fall for that.

"can't meet at store but I can give you the card at your house" = I'm gonna give you the card, drive home real fast, go on bestbuy.com and buy stuff with the pin number on my sticky note teehee. Then when you try to use it it's gonna say $0. Ya can't find me!!!!11

"paypal me first" = you'll never hear from me again

So do people just make up prices, or what? $50 for the system - ok, a little high, but I've seen worse. $75 for 4 controllers, a zapper, and the RF switch/AC adapter? That's ridiculous. On top of that, a ton of commons for a combined asking price of $75. What a joke. I'd love to price it out in realistic terms and email them an offer equal to half of that number just for shits and giggles.

1985 Original Nintendo System + Games - $200 (Hanover)

1985 Nintendo System (Model No. NES-001) – $50
Accessories: 4 Controllers, Zapper Gun (for use with Duck Hunt, etc.), Power Cord, AF Control Deck (for TV) – $75
Most Popular Games: Combo Super Mario/Duck Hunt – $15, Tetris – $10
Misc. Games: Monopoly, Lee Travino's Fishing Golf, Konami Top Gun (The Second Mission), Jaleco Hoops, Culture Brain Baseball Simulator 1.000, Tecmo Super Bowl, Epyx Winter Games, NES Play Action Football, Billy Elliott's Nascar Challenge, Ultra Games Kings of the Beach Volleyball, Ultra Games Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – All for $50
You can buy all this for $200 or make me an offer I can't refuse.

XBOX 360 with ALOT accessories (rrod) auction - $200 (haysville)

I have a 360 that just started RROD has alot of accessories to many to list if you are interested please call 3168075575 or text anytime... Im asking at least 200 for everything.. I will write down your name and number and offer and the best one by tomorrow 6 pm will get it... I really need to sell this ASAP so hit me up starting from 12 am to 6 pm is an auction for this great bundle! DONT MISS OUT!!

NO SCAMS!!!! NO TRADES!!!!! (DONT ASK) CASH ONLY!!!!!!!!
http://wichita.craigslist.org/vgm/1938674875.html

It is really a tough call between you and "$250 Modded PSP" guy. But I have to give today's Crack-Pipe Offer to you. Now, regardless of what unnamed accessories you're including, you'll never get $200 for a broken 360. You do realize you can buy a BRAND NEW 360, that comes with a warranty, for the same price, don't you? That's even one of their newer "slim" units with built-in 'N' wifi. If you don't care about built-in wifi and/or a HDD, you can still get one of the older style units for $50 less.
So, unless you're willing to at least take the time to list out your accessories and/or lower your price, you'll never have a chance in hell at selling this.
http://wichita.craigslist.org/vgm/1938726552.html

Saw this a couple days ago... RIDICULOUS! I see this going on ebay for hundreds of dollars, but this guy would love to buy it from you for 40 dollars!?!? WOW! :lol:

http://fayar.craigslist.org/wan/1932146736.html

Pioneer Laserdisc Player CLD-A100 CD LD w/ Sega Genesis - $1 (Bella Vista )

I am looking for the item listed above.... the only stipulation I have is that if you have one and want to get rid of it..... IT MUST PLAY THE LASERDISC, THE SEGA PART WORKS, AND IT IS IN REALLY NICE TO NEAR MINT CONDITION!!!!!! It does not have to have remote (although that is a plus) or any other movies/accessories. Price will be slightly negotiable, but would like to keep it around $35 to $40. Please contact me via craigslist and send pics. PLEASE DO NOT SPAM ME!!!!

In regards to an earlier post #6704 above, this was my conversation with the guy. He was serious about $500 for MW2 Night vision goggles...

ME - "Hey, I am interested in the Night Vision goggles. I've been looking for a set for a while. I know you're asking $500, but I don't quite have that much. I was wondering if you would come down a bit on the price and if so, what's the best price you could do?"

HIM - "What can you bring to the table an let's be reasonable"

ME - "I could only offer $175 and you could even keep the head the goggles are on if you wanted. I just need the goggles.
How good are these goggles? How far can you see with them? There is a guy that keeps showing up at my house looking through our back windows. I am hoping to catch him in the act to get him arrested. The woods are back like 100 feet from the back of my house. Do you think that would be fine? This dude seriously has to stop, and the police aren't doing anything."

HIM - "Yeah the NVGs got about 200 yard range....like if you were looking for a mouse you would probly catch him too...but 175?...how bout 250?"

ME - "Nevermind, I caught the guy last night without them. I just set out some rakes and he stepped on one knocking himself out. What a moron. Glad I went that way though, because I spent only $130 on rakes. I would have loved the night vision goggles, but $250 was a little too steep. Thanks anyway."

[quote name='Retom7']In regards to an earlier post #6704 above, this was my conversation with the guy. He was serious about $500 for MW2 Night vision goggles...

ME - "Hey, I am interested in the Night Vision goggles. I've been looking for a set for a while. I know you're asking $500, but I don't quite have that much. I was wondering if you would come down a bit on the price and if so, what's the best price you could do?"

HIM - "What can you bring to the table an let's be reasonable"

ME - "I could only offer $175 and you could even keep the head the goggles are on if you wanted. I just need the goggles.
How good are these goggles? How far can you see with them? There is a guy that keeps showing up at my house looking through our back windows. I am hoping to catch him in the act to get him arrested. The woods are back like 100 feet from the back of my house. Do you think that would be fine? This dude seriously has to stop, and the police aren't doing anything."

HIM - "Yeah the NVGs got about 200 yard range....like if you were looking for a mouse you would probly catch him too...but 175?...how bout 250?"

ME - "Nevermind, I caught the guy last night without them. I just set out some rakes and he stepped on one knocking himself out. What a moron. Glad I went that way though, because I spent only $130 on rakes. I would have loved the night vision goggles, but $250 was a little too steep. Thanks anyway."[/QUOTE]

Rofl...

Read this, you will laugh your ass off.

http://www.27bslash6.com/george.html

Sigh.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/1945320038.html

original atari and games - $1500 (lakeside)
hey there people i own an original atari with games that im selling for 1500 obo. i will not go under 1000 for it do to the fact that it is worth at least 3000....
i will not deliver the system unless gas is payed for. item is pick up only. thank you..
ploease contact me by email or txt me at 619-249-5536 ask for jesse and thank you.

I thought someone was posting a deal on demons souls
atlanta craigslist > otp north > for sale / wanted > video gaming

read this to figure out how to save on demons souls ps3 (calhoun, ga)

Date: 2010-09-09, 1:27PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

i firgured this out by accident, and i dont know if other ppl have found this out, but im just sharing with ppl like me that get fustrated at the game when you make 1 dumb mistake and you have to restart, but the way to do it right as you die hurry and hold the middle button down on your controller, and turn off the system so when you go back into the game it will take you to the last place the game saved at usually when you picked up an object or used an object, because as you know when you get an object in the game you get to keep it after you die, so the game saves it at that point. hope this helps if you have any questions just let me know.
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/vgm/1944911277.html

[quote name='elessar123']Sigh.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/vgm/1945320038.html[/QUOTE]

I always really wanna know what's going on in these people's heads. This guy with the atari or the modern warfare goggles fella for example... why do they post these ridiculous deals? Who are their sources that are convincing them that a pair of MW2 goggles is worth $500 or an Atari worth $1500, or are they just confidence men who think if they act the part they can convince someone that they're standing on a goldmine? If that's not bad enough, the guys with the most ridiculous prices are also the most stand-offish, what with all the stipulations and red tape (it's not enough that I have to pay $1500 for an atari, this guy's gonna wave his finger in your face if so you so much as dare to ask him to deliver it for free). I would really just love to meet these people and see what it's all about.

I hear you, easthore. All the idiots we see all the time with worthless ancient ps2 games demanding over $20-30 per game. You're lucky to see half of them with original cases and instructions, too.

Some seller here the other day had about ten ds games, used in good condition. He listed them for about $250 total, giving Amazon's most recent (new) prices for each one. In his mind, that much justify asking so much for used games.

These people frustrate me to no end. These are the ones who complain about lousy trade in values at Game Stop, and then try to rip off other people by charging confiscatory prices for their outdated, crummy games that they'd get $3 for a piece at a yard sale.

[quote name='Distortiontm']You didn't lie. That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! lol

I love it!: "yes you will"[/QUOTE]

Notice the re's on the last mails...

Re: tarded
Re: dneck

I cant believe some people sometimes in these ads. Whenever I see games posted I always just assume they base the price off of how much they paid for, instead of how much its worth.

I saw a wii game lot listed at $40, went into it and says $40 per game. Theres is currently no wii game on the market I think I would pay $40 for used except MPT.

Also, I just thought I would post this since I thought it was pretty funny, even if it is a last name.. Guy has an ad up for SNES games, I go into it and see the guy makes no mention of it - He's even asking $20 for it!

3n93o23l95Y15W55S4a9c4afe9f5f9a8e15f5.jpg

Yea craigslist is full of idiots. People still thinking wii's are endangered species, and that they can easily flip it for a few hundred bucks.

haha... cause 27 demo disks totally add to the value.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1961651491.html
Original XBOX ,Ps1, TONS OF STUFF! - $300 (Mira Mesa)
So I cant believe I am selling my memories away but I have:
**A carefully used working Original Xbox with all its power supply and cords!!
**A working Ps1 with all its cords.!!
**An Xbox , barely used Saitek steering wheel.!!
** One working xbox controller Mad Catz!!
** One Nyko Air Flo Controller ( Everything works, just in game when you try to move left it wont go left.)!!
** Ps1 controller working!!

AND a bunch of WORKING games like:

The Thing (Xbox)
Forza Motorsport (Xbox)
Midtown Madness 3 (Xbox)
NFS Most Wanted (Xbox)
Midnight Club DUB Edition Remix (Xbox)
Star Wars II Knights of the Old Republic :The Sith Lords (Xbox)
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox)
Pirates of the Caribbean (Xbox)
Mortal Kombat Trilogy (Ps1)
Ball Breakers (Ps1)
Punky Skunk (Ps1)
40 Winks (Ps1)
Grand Turismo 1&2 (Ps1)

&&&&&&& If I look around the room a bit more, I could probably find more games! WOW!

AND IF THATS NOT ENOUGH!!!!
27 OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE DEMOS!!
Which has TONS of more games on them from like 4 to 10 games on each disk.

and WAIT what is that? more?
ok then..how about a movie, Pulp Fiction Two Disc!!
fine, even Waist Deep HD DVD!!

All for a small amount of 300$

Huh? You ask why sell all this?
Simply said...I'm Married now.
& because of that ill throw in a Ps1 memory card and an Xbox memory card.
And a FujiFilm 3.2 MP 3x Zoom Digital Camera , Maybe needs batteries or the cords because I lost them when moving.
BUT HEY IT CAN BE ALL YOURS!

WHOOPIE!

ps2 slim 120 hard drive - $300 (h-town)
everything comes with it also come with fight night 3&4 and cod mw2 $300.00 obo cash talks, words dont mean a thing
"I'll come pick it up, keep an eye out for the guy in the Ferrari or the Jaguar, switchin' four lanes, with the top down screamin' out money aint a thang"

Here's a good one that really goes off the deep end in the second act:

6 ps2 games for sale, all in excellent condition, games, cases, and covers. titles are: 1) soul calibur iii 2) castlevania: curse of darkness, 3) soul reaver 2, 4) samurai warrior, 5) classics collection volume 2 (which includes all the old 80s arcade games like pac-man, galaga, etc.), and 6) kingdom hearts (rated E). i also have a wireless controller i'll throw in for free. it's black and in good shape.

asking 70 bucks or best offer for all 6 and the controller, they'd be sold for between 20 and 40 bucks apiece at game stop, so save yourself some cash.. call or text 302-562-1113, or email. bring your system if you'd like to test them out, as i only have a ps3 that isn't compatible with the games.

All the stupid people came out today.

really cheap. 60 bucks for all of it. or 20$ for madden 10, 10$ for GTA, 10$ for madden 08, 10$ for jackass and 15$ for all controllers. my name is antonio and my number is 1619 792 xxxx. text or call me.

Nintendo NES- complete set in box - $150 (Normal Heights)

PS2 silver + 8 games + SING IT - $150 (UTC)
Perfect condition, I also have an extra wireless control. I keep the original Box (cables, instructions, etc)
Games: NBA LIVE 08, HULK, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift, 2 used Games (Tony Hawk's Pro and Gran Turismo 3) and 2 kid games (Barbie and Disney Princess).
SING IT GAME with 1 microphone (new, in original box, only used once)

does any one want to trade a football game for Uncharted II
^The fact that he didn't say it was Madden 2011 means it's an old one.

Original XBOX with 23 games - $180
^ All crap games

Sony playstation 2 multitap
^ For $25.

And this is just the first half of the first page.

bread's done
Back