Yet More Craigslist Stupidity!

[quote name='jmbreci']I just had to add this since it must be an update...the 64-bit Sega Genesis.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/vgm/1990634122.html

64 High Bit SEGA GENESIS game system, 1 controller, one fighter stick, extra cable extension, code book,
GAMES: Sonic, Mario Lemieux Hockey, technocop, The Lawnmower Man

Wow...and to think he took pictures of the Genesis....guess he must have 4 of them. :)[/QUOTE]

About five years ago my oldest daughters friend was talking to me about games and claimed to have played a 64bit Genesis growing up. Is the poster's name Sam? He swore up and down and even made a bet that there was such a thing. I said there was an add on adapter (32x) but no, he wasn't convinced until he couldn't find anything online.

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL what about the brilliant grasp of English - "Hugh" collection (from Hef in the Playboy Mansion, perhaps?) and he'll even "through" in a "cabenet"...though he won't "seperate".

HUGH SNES NINTENDO COLLECTION - $3000 (BARRIE)

Date: 2010-10-02, 10:04AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is my super nintendo collection that I have collected over the years there are many rare games and unique items in this lot and is an excellent investment the approximate valve is just over 3500.00, will only sell if i get a reasonable offer or very close to approximate value not in a hurry to sell {I WILL NOT SELL ANYTHING SEPERATE SO PLEASE DONT ASK ITS A COLLECTION} serious offers only. WILL THROUGH IN SMALL CABENET AND A SUPER 8 CONVERTER (RARE)[/QUOTE]

Is this the same guy too? http://barrie.en.craigslist.ca/vgm/1992992333.html

:lol:

[quote name='hawkhogan']Is this the same guy too? http://barrie.en.craigslist.ca/vgm/1992992333.html

:lol:[/QUOTE]

FLOL no way, my money's on you posting that ad :lol::applause:.

If it actually is a "legit" ad (all .1% chance of that)... then never mind this NES Power Set for $450 ad I thought would be a good addition to the thread...although this guy will take a "higher offer":roll:.

-------------------

NES IN BOX RARE W/ POWERPAD, COLLECTORS MUST SEE - $450 (Long beach, CA)

Date: 2010-10-07, 6:55PM PDT

Here is a rare NES still in the box(great condition) With the powerpad(in box aswell), Duck hunt gun Three control's(two regular one turbo), Come's with all cable's and 4 games; Supermario bro's/Duckhunt, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Megaman 2
Price is 450 first come first serve but if someone has already called for it and you want it if you make a higher offer it will be accepted:)
To contact call 1-562-331-5765 call or text

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']http://baltimore.craigslist.org/bks/1991570969.html

Comic books from 1996-1997 at the low, low price of only $25 each.[/QUOTE]

FLOL that has to be missing a decimal point in front of the 2.

Speaking of comics...here's a response to an overpriced comic ad.

RE: The Walking Dead #1 (comic book)/grade 9.9 - $2500(hollywood blvd) (la-la land aka Lunatic Town)

Date: 2010-10-08, 9:56AM PDT
Reply to: see below

This Hollywood Blvd. dope fiend can't be serious. Too much crack, meth, and heroin have addled his pea brain obviously. It's not even CGC graded ("not CGC'd"), yet he wants FIVE TIMES what a CGC 9.8-10.0 would go for. Lay off the pipe homie! Apparently this is a "9.9" according to the Andy Crackhead School of Comic Book Grading.

And what, even if you could find an idiot sucker to pay even HALF what you're asking and bring you $1K + IN CASH, you going to just arrange a meeting in some alley off of Hollywood Blvd. where you can shank his ass and steal his money? $$$$a please! This is a meth-head master plan if I've ever seen one.

Serious collectors who know their SHIT, HAHAHAHA!!! Serious collectors who know their shit wouldn't waste their time with the likes of you, Andy.

http://www.comicspriceguide.com/p-issues.aspx?qxQjrNXMVjoc4P7UkzPa+I6WipEE4L3+SeK6FNdM0pg=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Walking Dead #1 (comic book)/grade 9.9 - $2500. Only 1 slight imperfection on the back cover. not CGC'd, serious collectors who know their sh** ONLY. If interested you can come by and see the book in person. 323.464.8588 ask for Andy.

[quote name='karkyco']FLOL no way, my money's on you posting that ad :lol::applause:.

If it actually is a "legit" ad (all .1% chance of that)... then never mind this NES Power Set for $450 ad I thought would be a good addition to the thread...although this guy will take a "higher offer":roll:.

-------------------

NES IN BOX RARE W/ POWERPAD, COLLECTORS MUST SEE - $450 (Long beach, CA)

Date: 2010-10-07, 6:55PM PDT

Here is a rare NES still in the box(great condition) With the powerpad(in box aswell), Duck hunt gun Three control's(two regular one turbo), Come's with all cable's and 4 games; Supermario bro's/Duckhunt, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, Megaman 2
Price is 450 first come first serve but if someone has already called for it and you want it if you make a higher offer it will be accepted:)
To contact call 1-562-331-5765 call or text[/QUOTE]

Haha. Nah man i got no NES systems to sell. :bouncy:And that other guy and his
Higher offer, LOL!! Maybe offer him an suv + house package for his NES bundle. :lol:

This guy did his research, but, wait, WHAT?

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1996765461.html
NES games for sale. I’ve had them for probably 20 years and they all worked last time I played them, but I don’t have the console anymore. I looked on Amazon and these are common prices for the used cartridges, no box. I’ll take $50 for all. Cartridges and labels are clean, no writing or big scratches, just dusty.

Super Mario Bros $20
So if I have multiple copies of Super Mario Bros, I could sell them for hundreds? =P

I originally thought he meant $30 for all of it... hah. Should have known better.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1996700730.html
here i got 6 games that i want to sell they are in perfect condition. Any game for $30 or i will trade two games for Mafia 2 for ps3. Be available to pick up the games I don't deliver.

What i Got For Sale:

Fifa 09

Fifa 10

Madden 10

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 09

MetalGear Solid 4

Tony Hawk Proving Ground

email me or text this number for a faster reply (619-721-xxxx) if you want to buy any of these game or want to trade Mafia 2 for any two of these games.

Gamecube controllers, $15 EACH, and they're not Wavebirds.
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1996587419.html

I have 7 ps3 games, 3 used gmaes, and 2 psp games.

-Little Big Planet

-God of War 1 and II

-God of War III

-Ratchet and Clank a Crack in Time

-WWE Smackdown vs Raw (psp too)

-UFC Undisputed 2009 (psp too)

-White Knight Chronicles

-MLB 2010 The Show

-FIFA 09

-Madden 09 and 10

-NBA Live 10

Selling 1 for 50

2 for 90

and 3 for 120

I'm sure most of them can be had for $40 brand new.

[quote name='postaboy']I'm sure most of them can be had for $40 brand new.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Not 1 of those games is even 40 NEW... they are all 30 or less New

Is this someone here? If not, guess he gave up fast.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/vgm/1999709812.html

will trade my P90X+Iron Gym and some other stuff for PS3 - $20 (san diego)
i want to trade a brand new sealed family guy monopoly,like new p90 x set complete with all manuals and a bin of creatine and some gaspari mitotropin for ultimate weight loss....i am looking for a ps3....must have cords and controller....it has to be in good working condition.......the supplements i used a bit but mostly new.......supplements is a total of 90 dollars......email me if interested

Here's a funny sequence:

Post 1: Various Video Games (GE64 and Zelda OoT for 2/each or $5 together) + some other various crap
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/vgm/1931917713.html

Post 2: N64 RARE HARD TO FIND Zelda OoT and Goldeneye 007 ($15 together or $10 each)
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/vgm/1966235865.html

Same phone number. I'm gonna call him later and see if he'll honor the original ad since it's still up. I figure it's worth a call with my anonymous google voice #. :D

----------

EDIT: http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/vgm/1999657426.html

lol. Saying the backups/copied games are legal under US Copyright law.

[quote name='dabamus']http://cleveland.craigslist.org/vgm/1944753478.html

SHIT! The fucking Mexicanos are trying to fix Xbox 360s now in northeast OHIO!?!?!?!!?[/QUOTE]

And yes, while I know reparacion means "repair" in Spanish...

xbox 360 REPARATIONS, bitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpdiwdGA_o

FLOL "las lusez dela muerte" The lights...of DEATH!!!

xbox360 reparacion (west 25)

Date: 2010-09-09, 12:16PM EDT

te arreglo tu xbox360 con cualquier problema como las lusez dela muerte error e74 no quiere leer video tambien los flasheo para que juegues backup

Hey Guys!!! 2 for 1!!! Making so little seem like so much... AND ... aren't Wiis still scarce and this is golden??

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/vgm/2008506332.html

wii for slae/trade for ipod touch n cash
call/text 883-:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:
looking to get at least $180 or obo
just text or call to let me kno wats your offer
evrything works

wii console
1 controller
1 nunuck
sensor bar
cooling fan
tennis racket
baseball bat
gold club
n otha stuff
3 games:resident evil,wii play,wii sports

fuck

Just another rant: Are you serious? The console is $40 ... and EACH controller is $15??? I HOPE you are at least including the power cord for free... I know we touch on this from time to time... but damn... can these people really be serious??

fuck

Nintendo Gamecube + 1 control + 1 wireless control + 2 memory cards + 9 games + custome case

Selling in mint condition

Nintendo Gamecube system (Indigo)
Corder1 controller
1 wireless controller
2 memory cards
custome case
9 games
4x4 evd 2
monopoly party
sims
dave mirra freestyle bmx 2
tony hawk's pro skater 3
all-star baseball 2002
midway arcade treasures
super mario sunshine
super monkey ball

Can get a lot more if I sell individually, but Imust sell so I'm asking ONLY $350 for all

Good Luck!

This guy is offering a $9 savings per $829 apple gift card.:roll:

Apple gift card -value $829- for Mac Iphone Ipod Itouch Ipad - $820 (Hillsboro)

I have 2 gift cards from Apple store in the amount of $829 each
(gift cards come with gift receipts from Apple store,
can be verified immediately by 800 telephone number on the back of gift card)

GOOD FOR ANYTHING AT APPLE STORES NATION WIDE

for sale for $820 each
I can meet you in downtown Portland, Beaverton or Bridgeport (Tigard) area

cash only

503.719.XXXX

thank you

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2015524031

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/vgm/2014751901.html
Red Xbox 360 Elite Custom LEDS - $80 (Des Moines)
Date: 2010-10-19, 2:54PM CDT

PERFECT working Elite xbox 360 never had any RROD issues at all. I have owned for 6 months. Has a custom Red case and still has black faceplate. The Ring of light has been modified and now has red lights glowing instead of the factory green for the added red effect. It is fully functional xbox 360 it DOES NOT have RROD lol it glows red all the time now. This is my 2nd xbox so all i have is the power brick and cords for it no hard drive or anything else and the price reflects that. I will also take trade ins of broken xbox 360 consoles 515-729-XXXX

I smell something fishy...

The N64 had a second edition (to iron out all the kinks from the first one?)?!?

It's not the price I'm posting this for, it's the spelling. But this guy is on Melrose (and not a good part of it), so who know's what he's on.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/tag/2008690152.html
Nintendo 64 complete with games an steering wheel and pedals - $60 (Gower/Melrose, 90038)

Date: 2010-10-15, 7:53PM PDT

This the second edition of of the first Ninentendo 64 (they ironed out all the kinks from the first one). Still have original box Has two controls. Also has Grand priz game and steering wheel with pedals, plus Star Wars, and Zelda Ocaranea

Xbox 360 Black 4GB NEVER OPENED!!! Today only. - $150 (Waterville)

Date: 2010-10-20, 10:11AM EDT

Got a New never opened Xbox 360 Factory Sealed!! Payed $200. Black, 4GB, Warranty, 1 month trail membership online and Kinect usuable!! Today only $150 plus a trade. Can be an ipod, tmobile phone, or something decent. Hit me up 313-6373. Must meet locally and before 4pm or after 9pm. Today only $150 cash plus trade. No lower. Thanks!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 2015832345

Just give him $150 and your iPod for a 4GB 360. Why not? Guy seems legit...

http://greenbay.craigslist.org/vgm/2016825628.html

I've stopped playing xbox mostly and I'm selling most of my games. I'm not compltely sure on the prices so it'll either be best offer or first offer if its a dese first offer. resonance of fate-35- list price in stores 55, Halo Odst- 25 dollars-list price used 30 and Borderlands-20 dollars- list price 30 dollars. I'll deliver pretty much whenever if im not at school or at soccer since I live out in the countryish. email me and ill get back to you. or text at
XXXXXXXXX
Probably nobodys really heared of resonance of fate.. but its a game that pretty much all of the work went into the fighting and its actually a pretty cool game once you get the hang of it but is kinda hard to figure out at first.

Have any of you heard of some Resonance of Fate game? Must be pretty rare, and all the work went into fighting.

I've seen many idiotic ads but this one must be a top 3. If the price didn't scare you off, check out the first line of the description.

-------------------------------------

PSP GO - $200

USED BUT NEW CALL 505-xxx-xxxx COMES WITH CHARGER

NO TRADING $$$$CASH ONLY PLEASE$$$

---------------------------------------

This guy is trying to scam me on CL for a FNV CE. He's trying to get me to take a certified check and then have a local "trusted shipper" ship it to him.
My reply to his refusal to give me the name of the shipper:
Ok. Well here's my name and address and phone:

Leroy Jenkins
Ravenna, OH 44266

Phone: 330-282-0762 (my google voice # so I can screen all calls :D )

This is my step dad's email account, so that's why it's a different name.

EDIT: his reply:
Thank you for making me your favorite buyer. I will like you to
consider the item sold and remove it from craigslist right now. I
will get back with the tracking # of the payment asap.

I'm going to tell my dad that if someone shows up asking about Leroy Jenkins to shoot him and then call the cops. :D

LOL!

Here's his next email:
Thanks for the information,the payment has been put on processing and will get
to you next week .i would like to let you know that the shipper
fund was included to your money on the payment which make it $1500,so
when you get the payment you have it cashed ,deduct
your certain amount $140 and another $60 for your running around cost
during the transaction.... then you would
have the rest fund sent out to the mover via Western Union/ Money
gramme.....ocs.
He would be using part of the money to transport himself
down to your location and use the rest to pick up the item at your end
and other items to be picked up in the neighborhood and deliver them
to me altogether.

I believe i can trust you to have the difference sent out to my mover

I look forward to hearing from you soon ....

Have a nice day.

THANKS

Ugh, I hate those things. We have friggin people all day long who fall for those things. I feel bad because it's usually uneducated people or elderly/disabled persons who are either in really tough spots financially or trust in people too much. Nothing is worse than seeing someone who's elderly or disabled get sucked into that. We do our best to question people when we see checks like that, but you can't spot them all, and some still insist you go ahead with it. Luckily most listen to reason and either don't deposit them or will wait our recommended 3-4 weeks to make sure it doesn't come back (it always does) before sending money to the people. Unfortunately, they still have to pay a chargeback fee.

[quote name='Retom7']Ugh, I hate those things. We have friggin people all day long who fall for those things. I feel bad because it's usually uneducated people or elderly/disabled persons who are either in really tough spots financially or trust in people too much. Nothing is worse than seeing someone who's elderly or disabled get sucked into that. We do our best to question people when we see checks like that, but you can't spot them all, and some still insist you go ahead with it. Luckily most listen to reason and either don't deposit them or will wait our recommended 3-4 weeks to make sure it doesn't come back (it always does) before sending money to the people. Unfortunately, they still have to pay a chargeback fee.[/QUOTE]

If he does end up sending a check, he ain't gettin' none of it back! I'll see if it clears, and then still not give him anything. :D

[quote name='dabamus']If he does end up sending a check, he ain't gettin' none of it back! I'll see if it clears, and then still not give him anything. :D[/QUOTE]

Just be aware that a cashiers check can take a long time (6 weeks?) to come back. It will appear to clear, but then you will get the money pulled back out.

[quote name='yourlefthand']Just be aware that a cashiers check can take a long time (6 weeks?) to come back. It will appear to clear, but then you will get the money pulled back out.[/QUOTE]

I know. I'll give it plenty of time. :D

[quote name='dabamus']I know. I'll give it plenty of time. :D[/QUOTE]

DON'T CASH THAT CHECK! I almost fell for this scam awhile back when I sold an item on Facebook marketplace. The check will most likely be fake. The way it works is you try to cash it and your bank will flag your account for trying to cash a fraudulent check. If that check comes, I recommend not cashing it at all. It will really hurt your reputation with your bank if you try to cash a fake check with them.

[quote name='kburns10']DON'T CASH THAT CHECK! I almost fell for this scam awhile back when I sold an item on Facebook marketplace. The check will most likely be fake. The way it works is you try to cash it and your bank will flag your account for trying to cash a fraudulent check. If that check comes, I recommend not cashing it at all. It will really hurt your reputation with your bank if you try to cash a fake check with them.[/QUOTE]
This.

Happened to an friend of mine a while back, his bank actually closed his accounts for it.

Not sure about this one, basically someone begging for free video games, and expecting people to give in because she's a "pretty petite 26 year old woman".

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/vgm/2018914549.html

(I posted this once before, I pulled it down because some really mean guy thought I was posting for a boyfriend who was the one who really wanted the stuff.... UNTRUE! I want you to all know I am not some woman posting to get a man help, *I* am a gamer, I LOVE playing. I just need some help getting back on my feet with it from the ex husband screwing me over so badly when I left him for my safety) So, I'm struggling to get by as is, I JUST got a new xbox 360(ex husband stole mine and broke it when I told him to move out and I wanted a divorce based on his temper and constant verbal abuse) my birthday is on the 17th, so a good friend gave me his 360 elite since he has another one and he has a PS3. AMAZING. I a HUGE gamer. Oblivion, Assassins Creed, Fable 2, Fallout, Red Dead Redemption, BioShock, Far Cry 2 etc. I'm not the gross ugly "larper" or whatever those weirdos are LOL I think it might be "L.A.R.P"...hell I don't know haha. I'm a pretty petite awesome 26 year old woman, so don't think you'd be donating to your typical female gamer. No offense to those who are. Sorry if I offended any woman, but it's true. I'm not the stereotypical lol.

Anyways, I JUST got another 360 a year after he trashed mine, for a birthday present. He gave me a code for 1 month of Gold and I DON'T want to lose my xbox live!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT, I can't afford to pay right now. If you can afford to get a 3, 6, year whatever gold subscription for me, I'd owe you forever. I'd be SO happy. HOPEFULLY somebody has an unredeemed code laying around somewhere they can give me without having to spend. I also can do a promissory IOU note where I pay you back if need be.

Also willing to be given or loaned any awesome games I can play, since I don't have very many anymore. MY DREAM is to be able see if anybody can go donate to my pre-ordered collectors addition of Fallout New Vegas AND Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.(I put the couple dollars down with the birthday check from my grandma(woohoo $30 was PERFECT because it was $15 each game to pre-order) But I won't be able to pay them off when it's time. Money can be just put onto my account towards the games at the GameStop in (UP/Tacoma by Trader Joes) If just a couple people could put just a few dollars down on either game at that gamestop under my name by the time the 2 games come out I will be able to get them! I'll sign IOU's ANYTHING! I'll meet you there.... anything. I want these special editions/games period, SOOO badly. They come out Oct/Nov. With any IOU I sign I can agree to pay back fully within 3-4 months AT THE MOST I will have you fully paid back if you want to do it that way, I'm fine wih i. ANYTHING. I just really want those 2 games SO badly, I'm still struggling, haven't got on my feet after the DV and other forms of abuse and him taking everything worth money, and emptying all of our bank accounts so I got nothing, I had to move, etc. SOOOOOO.... I just haven't gotten it all back together financially yet. Close, but no quite. I neeeeeed the XBOX live gold membership badly, since the few games I have and am playing need online play. If you can help let me know with what and how you want to do it, and give me a good number and time to reach you. I truly can show you my disability award letter showing I make Less than $350 a month ... which proves I can't afford to buy anything and was lucky to be given a 360 from my friend for my birthday last month. Also, can check my gamer score and you'd see it's obviously a new 360 to me. Whatever proof you want I'm real, not scamming, etc.

Thanks so much!"

[quote name='darkskill']Not sure about this one, basically someone begging for free video games, and expecting people to give in because she's a "pretty petite 26 year old woman".

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/vgm/2018914549.html[/QUOTE]

This annoys me. I hate it when these "female gamers" shit on other female gamers because they feel we are no different than the stereotypical smelly warcraft nerd. Actually.. I don't think I've met more than one girl like that, and she isn't even a gamer. /end angry girl gamer rant

Also:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tag/2019471968.html
I don't even understand this.

Brand new PSP TO GO never used!!! PERRRRFECT CONDITION!!!! Only needs 2 in 1 charger with UBS : priced at $7.99 : or single for $4.99. SAVING $40.00. Item new priced at $249.99 + tx.

[quote name='dabamus']If he does end up sending a check, he ain't gettin' none of it back! I'll see if it clears, and then still not give him anything. :D[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't even bother cashing it. You'll end up with a chargeback fee when the check bounces and owe the bank like $10 or so for it. It's not in your best interest to do that. If you really want to check the validity, you can call the bank it's drawn off of (typically it's a business check drawn off of some random mid-western bank with a company name or personal name that doesn't match the person you're getting it from) and they can sometimes tell you if there are funds available. Chances are, you aren't the first person to get a check from that account and it may have already been closed for fraud. OR, google the check and see if others have reported having issues with it on one of the many fraud based websites.

[quote name='Specter Fate']This annoys me. I hate it when these "female gamers" shit on other female gamers because they feel we are no different than the stereotypical smelly warcraft nerd. Actually.. I don't think I've met more than one girl like that, and she isn't even a gamer. /end angry girl gamer rant

Also:
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tag/2019471968.html
I don't even understand this.[/QUOTE]

That bit about promissory IOU's sounds crazy as shit. And what's up about collecting disability there?

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']That bit about promissory IOU's sounds crazy as shit. And what's up about collecting disability there?[/QUOTE]

If she really is a 26 year old woman she could easily find someone on craigslist willing to trade sex for games.

[quote name='GenPirate']If she really is a 26 year old woman she could easily find someone on craigslist willing to trade sex for games.[/QUOTE]

I could see it going something like this: Insane Midget Amputee, will barter love for new xbox360 games.

I dunno about you, but I might go with the smelly LARPer chick who has less issues and doesn't want my money :drool:

bread's done
Back