YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

Punisher138

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to [email protected] expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

NDS:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:

Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:

AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
holy sh*#. This is awesome of them. I wonder if this is cheaper for them than putting out the patch.

[quote name='eXiON']Hopefully someone can confirm this is legit though, cause otherwise no point in throwing them another e-mail.[/QUOTE]

No point in not doing so, either. Give it a try!

[quote name='Pravado']who saves receipts? that's unfair![/QUOTE]

I guess you do starting now! :cool: Seriously though, just take your receipts, fold them and put them in the case behind the booklet. I do that and it makes it super easy to price match, etc.

[quote name='aardarf']holy sh*#. This is awesome of them. I wonder if this is cheaper for them than putting out the patch.[/QUOTE]

It seems like it since they are doing this. I guess there is something really bugged in the code for the 360 that would cost more time and effort.

Even if you do not like anything on this list, how can you not get CastleVania LOS: Limited Edition for the PS3 and try to make money by selling it? That game is OOS everywhere and the PS3 is the rarer find between the two console versions. With two new games announced in that LOS series, the demand for brand new sealed copies on Amazon and eBay still sell for MSRP or more which starts at $80. So you could conceivably sell this and get MORE than what you paid for SH: HD Collection, but you should do the traditional auction over a set price. Just look online if you need proof of the completed sales.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Even if you do not like anything on this list, how can you not get CastleVania LOS: Limited Edition for the PS3 and try to make money by selling it? That game is OOS everywhere and the PS3 is the rarer find between the two console versions. With two new games announced in that LOS series, the demand for brand new sealed copies on Amazon and eBay still sell for MSRP or more which starts at $80. So you could conceivably sell this and get MORE than what you paid for SH: HD Collection, but you should do the traditional auction over a set price. Just look online if you need proof of the completed sales.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, but at the same time it's what is so absurd. How the heck do they have such rare games still available? Doesn't make sense to me, like I said, the LE was pretty rare to begin with so I just find it hard to believe they would actually still have sealed copies still chilling around in their warehouse or w/e.

Not doubting the OP, infact thanks for posting this! But has anyone else gotten an e-mail besides me? For all we know this could be YMMV, or maybe I missed a certain key phrase in my e-mail? OP could you enlighten us?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Ah, good to know. I know a patch came out for the PS3 version, but I thought that was because the PS3 version was that much worse than the 360 version and the patch made the PS3 on par with the 360 version.

Did the PS3 patch fix all/most of the issues or is it still glaringly unfinished/bugged? I was on the lookout for a cheap 360 version, but I suppose PS3 is the way to go now.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand, the game is okay now. No framerate issues, no missing sound files and no graphic errors. The patch apparently is around 500MB and adds the missing files.

This is a video with some of the glitches: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ydz0do-L80

From the sound of it it may be ymmv. I can only speak for myself but all I did was send an email saying that I've been waiting to play the game until the patch was released and now that they announced that there would be no patch forthcoming what do they plan to do to make amends?

They responded by apologizing and then asked where I purchased it and if I still had the receipt. After I responded, they sent me a second email with the list of games I posted. Maybe they are out of free games or just changed the policy but that's how it went down for me.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']a few hours and no response[/QUOTE]

You do realize they are human and they work a job like anyone else right? They're not around to answer emails, phones or anything else 24/7. Give it some time, try tomorrow.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Is there a kind enough soul that could provide a cash receipt scan for those without?

[/worth-a-try][/QUOTE]

Gotta love how your name contains "noble" and you're anything but.

Tossed my hat in the ring, did an instore pickup at BB in April so I have my receipt, mentioned that I heard they were reimbursing for leaving us in the wind.

wow thats amazing, and an amazing list.

I recommend to anyone to get the Castlevania LE

That is nice, there are several games on that list that are actually really good/worthwhile.

[quote name='FiendCameron']Gotta love how your name contains "noble" and you're anything but.

Tossed my hat in the ring, did an instore pickup at BB in April so I have my receipt, mentioned that I heard they were reimbursing for leaving us in the wind.[/QUOTE]

You don't have a clue what I own or do not own. Claiming someone is not of noble intentions when asking does not automatically mean I have nefarious intentions. However, if you wish to claim ignorance...so be it. I never said anything about posting it publicly nor would I expect it. You read the post wrong and added your own spin to it. Congrats, you're the new news channel on the block. But if someone had the kindness to offer said scan, AND if someone could supply a timestamped proof-or-ownership via PM's....I fail to see how it would be nefarious for anyone to go this route.

I like others, own the title and have since disposed of receipt. I don't have an electronic trail to fall back on like reward zone, or Kmart SYW rewards email, or etc. Ergo, I am out of luck. Furthermore, I'm also out the $40 for a broken title. Live & learn. I won't be supporting future Konami titles. *adds to the pile of boycotted game companies*

[quote name='Pravado']who saves receipts? that's unfair![/QUOTE]

Yeah seriously, its not normal to have reciepts from the beginning of the year (i bought mine back in march on the day it came out btw) unless youre one of the rare types that puts your receipts back in the box after you buy them! sucks that those of us without receipts got shafted but im gonna try and send them an email anyway.

I had pre-ordered it at GameStop and picked it up release day. I used my powerzone card and I'm going to see if they'll accept a screen capture of it in my purchase history.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']You don't have a clue what I own or do not own. Claiming someone is not of noble intentions when asking does not automatically mean I have nefarious intentions. However, if you wish to claim ignorance...so be it. I never said anything about posting it publicly nor would I expect it. You read the post wrong and added your own spin to it. Congrats, you're the new news channel on the block. But if someone had the kindness to offer said scan, AND if someone could supply a timestamped proof-or-ownership via PM's....I fail to see how it would be nefarious for anyone to go this route.

I like others, own the title and have since disposed of receipt. I don't have an electronic trail to fall back on like reward zone, or Kmart SYW rewards email, or etc. Ergo, I am out of luck. Furthermore, I'm also out the $40 for a broken title. Live & learn. I won't be supporting future Konami titles. *adds to the pile of boycotted game companies*[/QUOTE]

Although I agree that the other guy assumed too much about your intent, you're still asking people to do something unethical. Giving Konami a receipt from a purchase you didn't make is still a lie. Why don't you just contact them and explain the situation instead of engaging in a form of deception? I find it hard to believe they will turn you down if you're just honest about it.

[quote name='bojay1997']Although I agree that the other guy assumed too much about your intent, you're still asking people to do something unethical. Giving Konami a receipt from a purchase you didn't make is still a lie. Why don't you just contact them and explain the situation instead of engaging in a form of deception? I find it hard to believe they will turn you down if you're just honest about it.[/QUOTE]

I've been turned down by every company when I had a problem with something when I didn't have a receipt. They stick by their protocol, and/or they just dont care about their customers.

[quote name='Punisher138']Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to [email protected] expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

NDS:

BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:

Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:

AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown
[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with you on there not being good selection. If they're actual physical copies of the games listed, MGS Essential Collection :ps2: is going for ~$45-$50 new on amazon. Also Silent Hill 2 Restless Dreams :xbox: is going for ~$80 new.

Fwiw....I shot them an email earlier today and within 10 minutes received the following:

”Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We’re very sorry that you’re frustrated with this issue, but hope that you understand due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.”

No mention of any replacement games. I don't want to press the issue quite yet and will wait to hear if anyone else has any luck. Best of luck to those waiting on responses.

[quote name='tommythethumb']Fwiw....I shot them an email earlier today and within 10 minutes received the following:

”Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We’re very sorry that you’re frustrated with this issue, but hope that you understand due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.”

No mention of any replacement games. I don't want to press the issue quite yet and will wait to hear if anyone else has any luck. Best of luck to those waiting on responses.[/QUOTE]Almost the exact thing they sent me, (posted it in Page 2). I'm starting to think this is YMMV, since OP chimed in and didn't seem to do anything special in order to get in on this. I pretty much complained, asked them that I was waiting for the patch to replay the games since April, yadda yadda, and nadda.

This all seemed extremely highly YMMV to begin with. I've seen no official source that they're giving people free games, seems like it was just one support rep that was being nice by giving a free game to some guy that complained. I doubt they'd do this for everyone. It's probably more expensive to give away games from that list than it is to release a patch.

anyone here mind emailing me their receipt for the game...... I was to cheap to get this game and I missed the $20 Downpour Best Buy deal and I want retribution by getting Downpour for free

Email me the receipt at [email protected]

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']anyone here mind emailing me their receipt for the game...... I was to cheap to get this game and I missed the $20 Downpour Best Buy deal and I want retribution by getting Downpour for free

Email me the receipt at [email protected][/QUOTE]

Somehow I don't see this ending well.

[quote name='the4thnobleman']You don't have a clue what I own or do not own. Claiming someone is not of noble intentions when asking does not automatically mean I have nefarious intentions. However, if you wish to claim ignorance...so be it. I never said anything about posting it publicly nor would I expect it. You read the post wrong and added your own spin to it. Congrats, you're the new news channel on the block. But if someone had the kindness to offer said scan, AND if someone could supply a timestamped proof-or-ownership via PM's....I fail to see how it would be nefarious for anyone to go this route.

I like others, own the title and have since disposed of receipt. I don't have an electronic trail to fall back on like reward zone, or Kmart SYW rewards email, or etc. Ergo, I am out of luck. Furthermore, I'm also out the $40 for a broken title. Live & learn. I won't be supporting future Konami titles. *adds to the pile of boycotted game companies*[/QUOTE]
So where did you buy your copy?

[quote name='xGwiZ96x']anyone here mind emailing me their receipt for the game...... I was to cheap to get this game and I missed the $20 Downpour Best Buy deal and I want retribution by getting Downpour for free

Email me the receipt at [email protected][/QUOTE]

New email address for spam sites, check!

Starting my Friday checklist already!

[quote name='sunghost']This all seemed extremely highly YMMV to begin with. I've seen no official source that they're giving people free games, seems like it was just one support rep that was being nice by giving a free game to some guy that complained. I doubt they'd do this for everyone. It's probably more expensive to give away games from that list than it is to release a patch.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Then he posts it and now Konami is like WTF all these people are trying to freeload games off us.

[quote name='crimsonassassin']So will they accept screenshots of an Amazon order page instead of an actual receipt?[/QUOTE]

It's what I'm hoping they'll do. At worst they'll probably ask for the PDF or the raw HTML, but I can see a whole new shitstorm brewing if they refuse Amazon purchasers.

Of course, that's assuming they give something to everyone who sends them a message, but with this level of bullshit they'll probably give something to anyone who bitches long enough.

bread's done
Back