YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

Punisher138

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to [email protected] expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

NDS:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:

Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:

Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:

AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything was fine last night, now that word got around on the internet lots of people are trying to get in on this but looks like people tried exploiting it and now they are just not giving anyone anything.

[quote name='Link2999']I honestly wouldn't mind Metal Gear for the 3DS. Almost wish I bought a copy now.[/QUOTE]

Considering how YMMV this turned out to be, it was probably for the better that you didn't. Maybe they gave out their allocation of games to placate angry customers?

For those not having luck, Konami just posted this on their official Facebook page. Reference this in your email:

Attention Silent Hill fans:

If you purchased Silent Hill HD Collection for the Xbox 360 new and from a recognized retailer, and still have the original receipt, please send your receipt to Konami Customer Service for verification and further details on how to exchange your product. This offer is only valid for Silent Hill HD Collection (XBOX 360 sku) games purchased on or before 08.08.2012. All requests must be made in writing and submitted on or before 10.07.2012 and is subject to availability. Any inquiries received after this date will not fall under this exchange program.

Note: The patch for Silent Hill: Downpour for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 is still currently in development and scheduled for release at a later date.

You'd think they would've required people to mail their receipts in the first place considering people could just photoshop one.

It's great that they're doing this since they didn't have to offer anything at all. I mean, the game on the 360 is still entirely playable and doesn't even compare to the mess Skyrim originally was on PS3.

[quote name='Why_So_Serious']You'd think they would've required people to mail their receipts in the first place considering people could just photoshop one.[/QUOTE]

This. But we all know that people on the Internet are completely honest, right? :lol:

So now they are only offering exchanges? I wouldn't mind mailing my receipt, but mailing the actual game is just lame. You know they are just going to trash them.

Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We understand your frustrations at having waited so long for an announcement regarding the patch for the XBOX 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection and that unfortunately we are unable to patch the game.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and would like to extend the warranty, should you have purchased the game new prior to 08.08.2012 and still have your original receipt from a recognized retailer (not Ebay or for example a 3rd party seller on Amazon), we would like to offer you an exchange.

We will send you a prepaid shipping label for you to return your copy of Silent Hill HD Collection for Xbox 360, for one of the below games.

**This offer is subject to availability and should we run out of a specific game we will contact you to select another.**

We must receive your agreement to this exchange before 10.07.2012 for your game to be eligible for exchange.

Platform
Product Title
NDS

BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)

Deca Sports (Hudson)

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus
3DS
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)

Frogger 3DS

Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights

Metal Gear Solid 3DS

Nikolis Pencil Puzzle

Deca Sports Freedom
Wii

Castlevania Judgement

Dance Dance Revolution (2010)

Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)

Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle

Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2

Deca Sports (Hudson)

Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)

Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)

Def Jam Rapstar

Dewy's Adventure

Fishing Master (Hudson)

Karaoke Revolution Glee

Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2

Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3

Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)

Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)

The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice

Wing Island (Hudson)

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers
PS2
Contra: Shattered Soldier

Frogger: The Great Quest

Karaoke Revolution Party

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International

Suikoden III

Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses
PS3
Birds of Steel

Blades of Time

Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle

Hellboy The Science of Evil

Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle

Metal Gear Solid HD

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)

Neverdead

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)

Silent Hill HD

Silent Hill Downpour
PSP
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012

Rengoku

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5
XBOX 360
Adrenalin Misfits

Birds of Steel

Blades of Time

Dance Masters (Kinect)

DDR Universe 3 bundle

DDR (2010) Bundle

Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)

Jimmy Johnson

Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle

KR Glee vol. 3

Metal Gear Solid HD

Neverdead

Otomedius Excellent

Otomedius Excellent LE

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)

Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)

Rock Revolution

Rumble Roses

Silent Hill Downpour
XBOX
AirForce Delta Storm

Bloody Roar Extreme

Castlevania:Curse of Darkness

DDR Ultramix

DDR Ultramix 2

DDR Ultramix 3 bundle

DDR Ultramix 4 bundle

ESPN International Sports 2002

Frogger Beyond

Karaoke Revolution Party Game

King Arthur

Konami Classics vol1

Konami Classics vol2

Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

TMNT Nightmare

Whiteout

Winning Eleven 9

WTA Tour Tennis

Xiaolin Showdown

Please provide your original proof of purchase (receipt) dated from on or before 08.08.12, attached to this email with your Full Name, Email, shipping address (No PO Boxes) and requested game, and which system it is for.

Alternatively you can send this same information to our fax number: 310.220.8394

Again we would like to apologize for the inconveniences this may have caused you.

What I just got.

They are sending me a thing to ship back my game, I don't know what I should get. Kind of leaning towards Otomedius LE. I'd go with SH2 for the easy resell but it could be the platinum hits version.

Before anyone agrees to do an exchange, consider if having the UPC slashed or crossed out with a marker will bother you. This seems like a situation where that could happen.

I don't know where everyone got the idea that the 1 free patch rules applies to all Xbox 360 games - it is a rule for XBLA games only to my knowledge.

Big game publishers most likely negotiate deals with MS as far as cost for patches and number of freebies they get. I would bet that Activision and Bethesda get multiple free patches as part of a package deal to have the Xbox timed exclusive DLC.

My guess is that Konami's decision isn't based on fees charged by MS - it's based on how much time/effort and associated cost it would take to patch the 360 version, and that's if the issues are even patch-able. The reason the PS3 got a patch is they started working on it ASAP, and after the sales were in the shitter on all systems, it wasn't even worth starting on the 360 version.

I like the idea of the HD collections, but they are a cash grab for the game publishers, which is why they usually bring in a C team dev studio to handle the work.

I just got a tracking number for my game and they never said anything about returning anything. It seems like they've been changing the policy on the fly. It went from free pre orders to free old games to exchanges to nothing and then back to exchanges. I guess the timing was key.

Oh my god I just sold mine on eBay (threw out the receipt) a little over a week ago...

Good news (for me) is that the buyer overpaid like crazy for the game (considering that I paid $15 for it after coupons/sales).

Does anyone know of a way to get a receipt from Target that actually shows the name of your games? All my receipts say XBox360 followed by the price and refund value.

I have every game on the list that I would of wanted, guess I am keeping my silent hill collection.

I would go for the 360 version of MGS HD but I have it on ps3, see no point in grabbing it on 360 as well

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']i got an email offering and exchange. that sucks. i want a free game and keep my Silent Hill! I know it's greedy but still! hehe[/QUOTE]

They're probably going to trash all the returned games anyhow.

To those on the fence... just trade in the worthless SH HD collection. There's no point in keeping it when the originals look and play better on PCS2X.

[quote name='demonlord6696']LOL I know, right?[/QUOTE]

A sealed copy of Silent Hill 2 for Xbox PH sells for $45-55 on eBay, just checked. So trading hd collection for 2 for Xbox isn't a bad deal and the game isn't broken.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']A sealed copy of Silent Hill 2 for Xbox PH sells for $45-55 on eBay, just checked. So trading hd collection for 2 for Xbox isn't a bad deal and the game isn't broken.[/QUOTE]Unless it's the Platinum Hits version.

[quote name='AngryNerdJosh']i got an email offering and exchange. that sucks. i want a free game and keep my Silent Hill! I know it's greedy but still! hehe[/QUOTE]

It's hardly greedy, you paid $30/$40 for it and now you're being asked to trade it back to them. Personally I don't like this at all, I paid $40 for Silent Hill HD Collection and that's what I want, I don't want to trade for anything on their list. If I absolutely had to it'd be for Dowpour but I already have it. Most of the crap on their list isn't even worth $40. Hell I'd rather have Homecoming on steam.

They should rerelease the PC versions on steam, or release a collection of them on steam, if you can hack widescreen support and get 3D out of Silent Hill 2 it shouldn't take much to do. And of course drop the prices a bit. Homecoming, $40 for an almost 4 year old pc game with lukewarm reception?

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']I said PH for Platinum Hits, and that's how much it sold for.[/QUOTE]Ah I missed the PH, sorry. I've still seen it sell for as low as 10 or 20, at least as far as pricecharting.com says, but yeah prob a solid 50 now.

I wonder if I sent it to them resealed if they would open it. Or if they are going to test the games before sending replacements out. I'm not normally a schemer, but I'm pretty chapped about the whole ordeal.

[quote name='hollowfreak']It's hardly greedy, you paid $30/$40 for it and now you're being asked to trade it back to them. Personally I don't like this at all, I paid $40 for Silent Hill HD Collection and that's what I want, I don't want to trade for anything on their list. If I absolutely had to it'd be for Dowpour but I already have it. Most of the crap on their list isn't even worth $40. Hell I'd rather have Homecoming on steam.

They should rerelease the PC versions on steam, or release a collection of them on steam, if you can hack widescreen support and get 3D out of Silent Hill 2 it shouldn't take much to do. And of course drop the prices a bit. Homecoming, $40 for an almost 4 year old pc game with lukewarm reception?[/QUOTE]

I agree, Konami fell off a long time ago and they suck nowadays. They lost my business and I will not support any future titles they release. The representative who emailed me in the beginning said her supervisor approved for them to ship me Silent Hill: Downpour upon showing them a receipt of my purchase along with my shipping information then they changed the story around and said they'll only do an exchange. Surprised there hasn't been a petition of some sort to go against Konami for pulling this stunt off.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Ah I missed the PH, sorry. I've still seen it sell for as low as 10 or 20, at least as far as pricecharting.com says, but yeah prob a solid 50 now.

I wonder if I sent it to them resealed if they would open it. Or if they are going to test the games before sending replacements out. I'm not normally a schemer, but I'm pretty chapped about the whole ordeal.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't think they would sell for that low. All depends on the buyer I guess. Ummm, I don't know about this case, but when my Silent Hill Downpour had a save problem (thought it was my game found out other people had the same problem after I got it replaced) Konami replaced it for me with a sealed copy. So I'm going to assume they are sealed, but I have no idea. That was my experience with that game.

bread's done
Back