YMMV - Free Select Game for those who purchased Silent Hill HD X360 before 8/8

Punisher138

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Konami announced yesterday that they will not be releasing any further patches for the xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD collection.

For those of you who are like me and purchased the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection NEW and still have a receipt to prove it, if you send an email to [email protected] expressing your displeasure about the lack of further patches, you will be presented with a list of select games to choose a free copy from. The list is below. While not a great selection, its still better than nothing.

NDS:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
BEYBLADE: METAL MASTERS (Hudson)
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2007
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's World Championship 2011 Over the Nexus

3DS:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3DS (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 3DS (PES 2012)
Frogger 3DS
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Metal Gear Solid 3DS
Nikolis Pencil Puzzle
Deca Sports Freedom

Wii:

BEYBLADE: METAL FUSION (Hudson)
Castlevania Judgement
Dance Dance Revolution (2010)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011)
Dance Dance Revolution II (2011) Bundle
Dance Dance Revolution Hottest Party 2
Deca Sports (Hudson)
Deca Sports 2 (Hudson)
Deca Sports 3 (Hudson)
Def Jam Rapstar
Dewy's Adventure
Fishing Master (Hudson)
Karaoke Revolution Glee
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 2
Karaoke Revolution Glee vol. 3
Marble Saga Kororinpa (Hudson)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PES 2008)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Rooms: The Main Building (Hudson)
The Cages: Pro Style Batting Practice
Wing Island (Hudson)
Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's: Wheelie Breakers

PS2:

Contra: Shattered Soldier
Frogger: The Great Quest
Karaoke Revolution Party
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
SLAI: Steel Lancer Arena International
Suikoden III
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Yu Gi Oh! Duelists of the Roses

PS3:

Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Dance Revolution (2010) Bundle
Hellboy The Science of Evil
Karaoke Revolution Bundle (2009) Bundle
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (MGS4)
Neverdead
Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (PES 2009)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (PES 2011)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (PES 2012)
Silent Hill HD
Silent Hill Downpour

PSP:

Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
Rengoku
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 5

XBOX 360:

Adrenalin Misfits
Birds of Steel
Blades of Time
Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Castlevania Lords of Shadow LE
Dance Masters (Kinect)
DDR Universe 3 bundle
DDR (2010) Bundle
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect)
Jimmy Johnson
Karaoke Revolution (2009) Bundle
KR Glee vol. 3
Lucha Libre AAA Heroes Del Ring
Metal Gear Solid HD
Neverdead
Otomedius Excellent
Otomedius Excellent LE
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Latin America - 30101 )
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 (Canada/US)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Latin America - 30126)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2012 (Canada/US)
Rock Revolution
Rumble Roses
Silent Hill Downpour

XBOX:

AirForce Delta Storm
Bloody Roar Extreme
Castlevania:Curse of Darkness
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3 bundle
DDR Ultramix 4 bundle
ESPN International Sports 2002
Frogger Beyond
Karaoke Revolution Party Game
King Arthur
Konami Classics vol1
Konami Classics vol2
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
Silent Hill 2: Restless Dreams
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
TMNT Nightmare
Whiteout
Winning Eleven 9
WTA Tour Tennis
Xiaolin Showdown

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to know if this is US only or not.

I hope I can get in on this before someone here abuses it and ruins the fun for everyone. I've actually got 2 copies of SH HD for the 360.

Just got a reply, no offer for free game. I asked if there was anything they were doing for those that purchased it. We'll see...

I sent an email and a picture of my receipt and they basically told me "sorry" lol

• SH:HD-XB360-PATCH-UPDATE‏

[FONT=&quot]Dear Konami Customer,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We understand your frustrations at having waited so long for an announcement regarding the patch for the XBOX 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection. But unfortunately due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and deeply apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Janet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Konami Customer Support[/FONT]

I just received an answer to my email (I sent it last night).
As you can see, no luck here, this is absurd, this looks like a copy/paste response on their behalf.

"""
Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We understand your frustrations at having waited so long for an announcement regarding the patch for the XBOX 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection. But unfortunately due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Konami Customer Support
"""

Go to hell Konami :hot:

[quote name='Zenjiro']Looks like only a few got a free game theyre not offering EVERYONE a free game.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, this is super highly YMMV.

try different emails?

this is the response I got

------------------
[FONT=&quot]Dear Konami Customer, [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. Unfortunately, we cannot assist you in this matter as we only provide support for North/South American (NTSC) released titles. We regret to inform you that you will need to contact Konami of Europe regarding your request, as they are in charge of the games distributed in your area. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Their website is: http://www.games.konami-europe.com/support or http://uk.games.konami-europe.com/games or you can call them at: +44 (0) 20 8987 5730.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Or email them at: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Global customer support:
[email protected] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Best Regards,

Konami Customer Support
------------

WTF i am from NA
[/FONT]

[quote name='FerDK']I just received an answer to my email (I sent it last night).
As you can see, no luck here, this is absurd, this looks like a copy/paste response on their behalf.

"""
Dear Konami Customer,

Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support about this issue. We understand your frustrations at having waited so long for an announcement regarding the patch for the XBOX 360 version of Silent Hill HD Collection. But unfortunately due to technical constraints we simply will be unable to patch the XBOX 360 version and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Konami Customer Support
"""

Go to hell Konami :hot:[/QUOTE]

I got this, too.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Only the ones who deserved a free game got one, not the ones who needed one.[/QUOTE]

Okay well who do you think "deserves" a free game? I bought this game new gladly already knowing what problems it had. I found my receipt luckily and I'd say that every Silent Hill fan who bought this game new should get a free game since we're stuck with a broken piece of shit. The stupidity of the quoted post I just cant seem to wrap my head around.

[quote name='Zenjiro']Okay well who do you think "deserves" a free game? I bought this game new gladly already knowing what problems it had. I found my receipt luckily and I'd say that every Silent Hill fan who bought this game new should get a free game since we're stuck with a broken piece of shit. The stupidity of the quoted post I just cant seem to wrap my head around.[/QUOTE]

ROFL, it's called a joke guess you haven't seen The Dark Knight. Really it was meant to make fun of Konami's ass-backwards logic about how they decide who gets one and who doesn't. It was over your head apparently.

Yeah they are definitely giving conflicting information. I read a post on another site where Konami asked him to send the game back. They would then switch it for an XBOX game from the list. I did get the offer for the free game, but I was nice and specifically asked if I could switch it out for the PS3 version. They asked me for my receipt before they offered anything.

I think it may just depend on your attitude in the email, when you emailed, and who looked at it.

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']ROFL, it's called a joke guess you haven't seen The Dark Knight. Really it was meant to make fun of Konami's ass-backwards logic about how they decide who gets one and who doesn't. It was over your head apparently.[/QUOTE]

I think this might have gone over better had you actually quoted the movie. Your post and the movie quote don't really match all that well.

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now..."

Is a long way from: "Only the ones who deserved a free game got one, not the ones who needed one."

But, yeah totally his fault...

heres the response i got yeaterday

"Should you retain a copy of your receipt dated before 08.08.2012, and it was purchased new from a recognized retailer, we may be able to offer you an exchange if you no longer wish to keep your copy of Silent Hill HD Collection for the Xbox 360."

i honestly didnt have much of a problem with SH so far, just haven't finished because i was expecting a patch. i dont want to send in my copy :|

EDIT: but then again i havent played more than an hour of it

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']ROFL, it's called a joke guess you haven't seen The Dark Knight. Really it was meant to make fun of Konami's ass-backwards logic about how they decide who gets one and who doesn't. It was over your head apparently.[/QUOTE]

if you arent that funny then you probably should try to make jokes

Personally, I haven't been paying attention to what's going on with the patch. I purchased the 360 version, tried it a bit realized the audio channels were reversed, the footsteps sounded stupid, etc. went on to play Downpour, which I loved aside from most of the monsters, and figured I'd get back to it when they patched it.

So they put the time and effort into patching the PS3 version but not the 360 version? Seems a little fucked up. From their response they say it's due to technical constraints that they are unable to patch it. If they aren't just blowing smoke and it is truly fubar and can't be fixed with a patch, then they should do a recall and replace it with a properly fixed version.

It really sucks being a Silent Hill fan ... I wish someone could make a franchise worthy of replacing it ... preferably someone other than Konami! :lol:

[quote name='hollowfreak']Personally, I haven't been paying attention to what's going on with the patch. I purchased the 360 version, tried it a bit realized the audio channels were reversed, the footsteps sounded stupid, etc. went on to play Downpour, which I loved aside from most of the monsters, and figured I'd get back to it when they patched it.

So they put the time and effort into patching the PS3 version but not the 360 version? Seems a little fucked up. From their response they say it's due to technical constraints that they are unable to patch it. If they aren't just blowing smoke and it is truly fubar and can't be fixed with a patch, then they should do a recall and replace it with a properly fixed version.

It really sucks being a Silent Hill fan ... I wish someone could make a franchise worthy of replacing it ... preferably someone other than Konami! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well the main problem lies with Microsoft (and I believe Sony does it too) charging developers for every patch after their first one. Konami patched the one they believed to have the most problems and skipped out on patching the 360 version for this reason. I don't really blame Microsoft as they're completely in the right here. Konami released a half assed collection and they should have to answer for it.

[quote name='Zenjiro']Well the main problem lies with Microsoft (and I believe Sony does it too) charging developers for every patch after their first one. Konami patched the one they believed to have the most problems and skipped out on patching the 360 version for this reason. I don't really blame Microsoft as they're completely in the right here. Konami released a half assed collection and they should have to answer for it.[/QUOTE]

How exactly is Microsoft in the right here?

[quote name='mitch079']How exactly is Microsoft in the right here?[/QUOTE]

It's a deterrent to developers from releasing a buggy piece of crap while rushing to complete a project for a deadline. They get one free shot to fix everything, after that it eats into their profits.

For the most part, I think the idea is great in theory but does not work in practice as evidenced here and with Fez.

[quote name='bdb2m']It's a deterrent to developers from releasing a buggy piece of crap while rushing to complete a project for a deadline. They get one free shot to fix everything, after that it eats into their profits.

For the most part, I think the idea is great in theory but does not work in practice as evidenced here and with Fez.[/QUOTE]

And every Bethesda game ever released! Microsoft is in the right because these patches are on their servers. These games should be up to the consumers standards upon release we pay our hard earned money for these games only to get shitted on by lazy companies like Konami who hire scrubs that couldn't even handle porting a game. I'd hate to play their own games! I forgot who put out this collection for for Konami but there should've been more communication about this games problems between both parties. It really makes me angry that two old games that I played years ago run better than their re released counterparts in 2012.

A few developers stubborn enough to not patch their game because of having to pay thats their fault not Microsofts. The system works fine, its just lazy developers like the Fez guy, Konami, and Gabe Newell that have had any problem with it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I will LOL at the guy who picks Rumble Roses.[/QUOTE]

I actually sold a new copy of Rumble Roses XX that I got for $5 at Kmart for $65 on Amazon a couple months ago. *I know you are probably referencing the original, just saying lol*.

I'd seriously pick a new copy of Suikoden 3, someone will buy it for well over its worth..

[quote name='Zenjiro']And every Bethesda game ever released! Microsoft is in the right because these patches are on their servers. These games should be up to the consumers standards upon release we pay our hard earned money for these games only to get shitted on by lazy companies like Konami who hire scrubs that couldn't even handle porting a game. I'd hate to play their own games! I forgot who put out this collection for for Konami but there should've been more communication about this games problems between both parties. It really makes me angry that two old games that I played years ago run better than their re released counterparts in 2012.

A few developers stubborn enough to not patch their game because of having to pay thats their fault not Microsofts. The system works fine, its just lazy developers like the Fez guy, Konami, and Gabe Newell that have had any problem with it.[/QUOTE]

Well the problem is twofold. The first is here, the game comes out less than ideal, the patch doesn't fix everything, but it didn't sell enough to warrant paying for the patch again, so the consumer is screwed.

The second is with companies like Bethesda as you said who make games like Skyrim that sell so much, that it really doesn't matter if it comes out buggy or not. They have the profits that the amount charged doesn't mean anything, so Skyrim is coming out on 11-11 whether it's done cooking or not. 10 patches later, it'll be where it should be.

I think in theory, this is a great idea and should cut down on broken releases, but in practice, bullshit like this happens and leaves the consumers that paid for a working product screwed. I would much rather have free patches because apparently the system doesn't stop anyone from releasing broken code, but it does keep some developers from fixing it later.

[quote name='Zenjiro']if you arent that funny then you probably should try to make jokes[/QUOTE]

Well you didnt even get the joke so how do you know if it's funny?

I guess we all have to be serious for this clown who's butthurt.

I got the nothing email. A big fat "sorry for the inconvenience" with a fuck you on the end. I'm done with buying these bullshit HD remakes as well as konami games in general. I'll be buying konami games used from now on if at all... fuckers

What I don't get is why Microsoft only allows them one patch. It may be Konami's fault for releasing the game messed up from the start but why the hell would Microsoft only allow one patch if Konami is willing to pay the fees.

Sounds like Microsoft is saying to Konami you made your bed now fuck in it.
In which case i hope they lose support for all metal gear games.

[quote name='needler420']It may be Konami's fault for releasing the game messed up from the start but why the hell would Microsoft only allow one patch if Konami is willing to pay the fees.
[/QUOTE]

Konami isn't willing to pay the fee...that's the issue.

Also the console wars bs is stupid, who cares what other platforms MGS is on?

The email I got said if you heard about reimbursement or being able to return the game, it was not from any official Konami channel. I'm pissed about this issue, so I'm going to keep at it.

[quote name='needler420']I hope this strains Hideo Kojima's relationship with Microsoft and keeps MGS5 exclusive to Sony.

Where MGS should be.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit are you serious?

MGS 2 got ported to the original Xbox.
MGS 1 got remade on the Gamecube.
MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker got HD ported to 360.

For fuck's sake, if you're going to play the fanboy card, at least do it with a franchise that has never shown up on another console. Plot to keep Uncharted on Sony systems or something.

(and this isn't even touching the fact that Metal Gear started on the MSX computer in Japan and got ported to the NES)

[quote name='Zenjiro']And every Bethesda game ever released![/QUOTE]

Bethesda seems able to get away with releasing buggy games because, even with all the issues, their games manage to remain awesome enough that players will put up with it. Of course, just think how much MORE amazing they would be if the initial release was relatively glitch-free.

[quote name='Halo05']Holy shit are you serious?

MGS 2 got ported to the original Xbox.
MGS 1 got remade on the Gamecube.
MGS 2, 3, and Peace Walker got HD ported to 360.

For fuck's sake, if you're going to play the fanboy card, at least do it with a franchise that has never shown up on another console. Plot to keep Uncharted on Sony systems or something.

(and this isn't even touching the fact that Metal Gear started on the MSX computer in Japan and got ported to the NES)[/QUOTE]

I know all those games got ported. I did say in my post MGS5 basing it off the fact that MGS4 was exclusive. Uncharted can get ported I don't care about that junk MS can ruin that like they did FF-13 with no towns. Actually looking back I deleted the post I was talking about some time earlier.

[quote name='needler420']What I don't get is why Microsoft only allows them one patch. It may be Konami's fault for releasing the game messed up from the start but why the hell would Microsoft only allow one patch if Konami is willing to pay the fees.

Sounds like Microsoft is saying to Konami you made your bed now fuck in it.
In which case i hope they lose support for all metal gear games.[/QUOTE]

They dont only allow them 1 patch. They can have as many as they want. To make/release a patch it costs around $10,000 on 360. Also the patching on 360 isnt as deep as ps3's. PS3 often does mandatory installls, ps3 updates can do some major changes to games that do installs like this. MW3 on 360 has had like 15 diffrent updates lol

[quote name='Xenokai']They dont only allow them 1 patch. They can have as many as they want. To make/release a patch it costs around $10,000 on 360. Also the patching on 360 isnt as deep as ps3's. PS3 often does mandatory installls, ps3 updates can do some major changes to games that do installs like this. MW3 on 360 has had like 15 diffrent updates lol[/QUOTE]

I was going by what this guy said

[quote name='akilshohen']All developers get one free patch.[/QUOTE]

Other wise Id agree with this.
[quote name='sunghost']This all seemed extremely highly YMMV to begin with. I've seen no official source that they're giving people free games, seems like it was just one support rep that was being nice by giving a free game to some guy that complained. I doubt they'd do this for everyone. It's probably more expensive to give away games from that list than it is to release a patch.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I blame Microsoft. Konami isn't a dumb company they wouldn't give out free games that would exceed the cost of making a patch if they were capable of doing so.

[quote name='needler420']I was going by what this guy said[/QUOTE]

Free was the key word. Truth is, the sales on this collection were probably not enough for Konami to bother paying the fee. It's a flawed system and honestly both Microsoft and Konami are to blame for this one.

So Konami is not supporting the game via a very much needed Update, they are not doing refunds, they are not sending anyone a free game or anything else. Yet, the PS3 version got an update. Got it..

[quote name='therealdanhill']The email I got said if you heard about reimbursement or being able to return the game, it was not from any official Konami channel. I'm pissed about this issue, so I'm going to keep at it.[/QUOTE]

Got the same exact answer

Haven't heard back yet but it doesn't seem promising if i do. If i get the "reject" email i will respond by wishing them luck in their future endeavors.

[quote name='needler420']I know all those games got ported. I did say in my post MGS5 basing it off the fact that MGS4 was exclusive. Uncharted can get ported I don't care about that junk MS can ruin that like they did FF-13 with no towns. Actually looking back I deleted the post I was talking about some time earlier.[/QUOTE]

That was a really funny joke! I love it when people make claims that are so stupid they're really funny. I laughed really hard at that joke. You write really funny jokes.

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Remember when games actually had to be finished when they were released because their were no patches?!?![/QUOTE]

I clearly remember and those times are gone for good, this is 2012 so I expect better finished products and post-sale support, in this case a patch for my video game :bouncy:

[quote name='VidgamesgivemeA_D_D']Well you didnt even get the joke so how do you know if it's funny?

I guess we all have to be serious for this clown who's butthurt.[/QUOTE]

i know what is funny and your joke wasnt funny and that guy even told you it wasnt remotely close to the dark knight joke. you arent funny, youre joke wasnt funny, i dont know what else to tell you but im clearly not the one whos butt hurt here. what i read just sounded like a pathetic idiot on a forum who thinks he knows what hes talking about

[quote name='FerDK']I clearly remember and those times are gone for good, this is 2012 so I expect better finished products and post-sale support, in this case a patch for my video game :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I mean there were still a bunch of crap games in the 80's and 90's, but I feel QC was a lot better.

[quote name='Zenjiro']i know what is funny and your joke wasnt funny and that guy even told you it wasnt remotely close to the dark knight joke. you arent funny, youre joke wasnt funny, i dont know what else to tell you but im clearly not the one whos butt hurt here. what i read just sounded like a pathetic idiot on a forum who thinks he knows what hes talking about[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you two are arguing about, but you should try spelling things correctly and using grammar in a way befitting someone in at least 8th grade. It helps your position regardless of how right/wrong you are! lol

bread's done
Back