YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Waited in line for a NES classic at Target this morning.  Had a really nice time talking with people including a really cute girl.  It's amazing how they are always "waiting in line for their boyfriend".  Good girl.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: I slept well after pounding my wife.
humor-photo-red-lipstick-drawn-onto-hand-fingers-rese-1975580.jpg

Waited in line for a NES classic at Target this morning. Had a really nice time talking with people including a really cute girl. It's amazing how they are always "waiting in line for their boyfriend". Good girl.
Well after having to deal with you nerds all the time, I don't blame her.

A handful of new Gamestop locations got some today.
All are being hoarded by Gamestop employees no doubt. I had an employee yesterday lie right to my face about having 1 or 2 left in stock. I knew she was lying by her expression when I asked for the item, it took her literally 10 seconds to react and she made a blow fish like face staring at me like she was stunned that I knew they had one in stock.

Then she proceeded with the lies like I just sold the last one then she printed out a BS receipt to show if other locations had it, none of them did. She used that to shoo me away. Insisting they had none left. I knew she was full of crap, but I didn't want to cause a scene. This was in NY Bronx Location. I should have pressed her harder or talked to her manager but I said screw it. She even had the audacity to tell she just got one for herself, yeah no kidding. Really sad to see people turn into absolute lying scumbags for a $59.99 item just to sell it on eBay for profit. Special place in hell for people like that.

Wow there either are people waiting outside of these Gamestops that somehow know they are getting a shipment ( just lucky?) or employees are just buying them as they unpack them. Some stores have literally been on the list for less then 10 mins.

Problem with pre-owned stuff is that GameStop can charge as much as they want. This is evident from them selling pre-owned copies of metroid prime trilogy, retro, etc. stuff at high prices. Wouldn't be surprised if they try and ask $200 for it.
I figure it can't be too high since the TIV went from $30 to $22 base just recently.

All are being hoarded by Gamestop employees no doubt. I had an employee yesterday lie right to my face about having 1 or 2 left in stock. I knew she was lying by her expression when I asked for the item, it took her literally 10 seconds to react and she made a blow fish like face staring at me like she was stunned that I knew they had one in stock.

Then she proceeded with the lies like I just sold the last one then she printed out a BS receipt to show if other locations had it, none of them did. She used that to shoo me away. Insisting they had none left. I knew she was full of crap, but I didn't want to cause a scene. This was in NY Bronx Location. I should have pressed her harder or talked to her manager but I said screw it. She even had the audacity to tell she just got one for herself, yeah no kidding. Really sad to see people turn into absolute lying scumbags for a $59.99 item just to sell it on eBay for profit. Special place in hell for people like that.
OR you were the 17th person to ask her about the one she sold an hour before. That's how she knew right away and gave you a funny look.

Better to assume everyone is a lying scumbag

OR you were the 17th person to ask her about the one she sold an hour before. That's how she knew right away and gave you a funny look.

Better to assume everyone is a lying scumbag
Nope, the item popped up on the Gamestop Inventory sheet at exactly 3PM which means it was just scanned in the store for inventory, I got there 10 minutes later. There is no way she could have sold the 2-3 units in those 10 minutes it took for me to get there. Plus who in the right mind reacts shocked and takes 10 seconds to even say a word when asking them for an item? That's exactly what she did, very suspicious.

If she was being honest she would not have reacted that way and would have never paused to say something for 10 whole seconds. Count to ten right now and see how long that is while staring someone in the eye. Super Awkward. Its not that hard to tell when someone is lying you know. Gamestop is known for lying to customers all the time.

Is it worth checking GameStop still? I can't seem to get the spreadsheet for checking inventory to load...trying to see if there any in NC at all.

Is it worth checking GameStop still? I can't seem to get the spreadsheet for checking inventory to load...trying to see if there any in NC at all.
I just updated it only 3 locations with new ones left. I really doubt much will happen today and tomorrow they usually only get restock shipments Monday thru Friday.

Gamestop 2304

24315 MAGIC MOUNTAIN PKWY VALENCIA CA 91355

Gamestop 612

1500 PLEASANT VALLEY RD STE F Manchester CT 06042

Gamestop 1324

128 E 86TH ST STE 1 New York NY 10028

Gamestop 2304

24315 MAGIC MOUNTAIN PKWY VALENCIA CA 91355
Hey, this is by Magic Mountain, I didn't know they had a GS in that area. Even if I still lived in the state, no way in hell I could get there fast enough, might be a good spot for someone local though, as I can't imagine a huge rush in that area.

Hey, this is by Magic Mountain, I didn't know they had a GS in that area. Even if I still lived in the state, no way in hell I could get there fast enough, might be a good spot for someone local though, as I can't imagine a huge rush in that area.
It's about an hour from where I live but not worth it to more then likely get rejected by the GS clerk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I love how a Gamestop social media manager asked you how you are getting the information because "these posts are causing issues". Tell your employees to cut the power trip weirdness out and the problems go away.
causing issues with GS employees ability to hoard and flip classics

causing issues with GS employees ability to hoard and flip classics
Yep, at this point if you walk into a Gamestop to ask for a NES classic when you know they have at least 1 left. DO NOT ASK the regular employee about it. Ask to speak directly to a manager instead, managers are less likely to lie about stock then employees are.

Gametsop may be getting 1 or two final shipments next week so keep that in mind. And if I feel like even the manager is being dishonest I will threaten to call Corporate Gamestop and file a complaint on them, just to see their reaction.

I love how a Gamestop social media manager asked you how you are getting the information because "these posts are causing issues". Tell your employees to cut the power trip weirdness out and the problems go away.
They act very elitist and protective of their products like they hold all the cards. They forget customers pay their salaries and when we have other options we can use we will. I avoid Gamestop like I avoid public restrooms.

Nope, the item popped up on the Gamestop Inventory sheet at exactly 3PM which means it was just scanned in the store for inventory, I got there 10 minutes later. There is no way she could have sold the 2-3 units in those 10 minutes it took for me to get there. Plus who in the right mind reacts shocked and takes 10 seconds to even say a word when asking them for an item? That's exactly what she did, very suspicious.

If she was being honest she would not have reacted that way and would have never paused to say something for 10 whole seconds. Count to ten right now and see how long that is while staring someone in the eye. Super Awkward. Its not that hard to tell when someone is lying you know. Gamestop is known for lying to customers all the time.
its possible to have 3 units sold under 10 minutes. me and a couple of friends waited in the store while their shipments were being delivered (UPS) and they look thru their computer, find the box that has the product, scan in the box and sell the items right away.

They act very elitist and protective of their products like they hold all the cards. They forget customers pay their salaries and when we have other options we can use we will. I avoid Gamestop like I avoid public restrooms.
Yeah, GS and their "Power to the Players" slogan is a joke, as they are about the most anti gamer business around. I've known several good employees there over the years, and even a great district manager at one time, but even having a few go to friends there over the years, recently they have just gone from bad, to terrible, with no hope of getting better in sight.

Saw a local walmart had a couple units in stock, drove there because why not. I first asked a dude and he said "uuh no man we haven't received any consoles in months" I politely asked him if he could check in the back, he was acting a bit nervous. Dude proceeds to ask another employee and they say "uhmm yeah ok yes, we have 3 consoles in stock but we can't sell them until around 7pm or 8pm" (this was around 3pm when I showed up at walmart). I asked them why was that, and they just said it was management instructions. They just kept saying that they were gonna sell them later tonight or even maybe tomorrow in the morning, both employees didn't give me a clear answer and I didn't feel like causing a scene, so I just ended up leaving.
Another friend in another town told me he went to a walmart that showed having stock and he got the same response.
Maybe there are some emails being sent out to hold on to nes classics? I have no idea.

Saw a local walmart had a couple units in stock, drove there because why not. I first asked a dude and he said "uuh no man we haven't received any consoles in months" I politely asked him if he could check in the back, he was acting a bit nervous. Dude proceeds to ask another employee and they say "uhmm yeah ok yes, we have 3 consoles in stock but we can't sell them until around 7pm or 8pm" (this was around 3pm when I showed up at walmart). I asked them why was that, and they just said it was management instructions. They just kept saying that they were gonna sell them later tonight or even maybe tomorrow in the morning, both employees didn't give me a clear answer and I didn't feel like causing a scene, so I just ended up leaving.
Another friend in another town told me he went to a walmart that showed having stock and he got the same response.
Maybe there are some emails being sent out to hold on to nes classics? I have no idea.
Get it straight from a manager next time. There's no reason to refuse a customer a sale when he and the items are on the floor. That's not Walmart SOP at all.

I waited for them to unload the truck. They said it could be up to 3 hours, but I got it in under an hour once they knew I wasn't leaving without the NES classic.

This is when you ask for the assistant store manager or store manager.

Looks like some people tracked down and got the pre-owned NES Classics in NJ and MI (Or employees bought them). 2 more surfaced in CA and FL.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5DeKpaHyRBSO3wJ2UUq4rPZcBTxxuJlJpIsJjzn_bI/edit#gid=1152583027
They are being shipped back to the warehouse to be sold online for higher prices (you know what Gamestop does with rare used games). The SKU price in store is $10k which is the price for items that aren't suppose to be sold.

They are being shipped back to the warehouse to be sold online for higher prices (you know what Gamestop does with rare used games). The SKU price in store is $10k which is the price for items that aren't suppose to be sold.
I guess I really shouldn't be surprised though gamestop being gamestop. I have a feeling they are holding back a bunch of new NESC shipments in their warehouse and are waiting to see what the price levels out at and will have new NESC bundles @ $250 a piece during the summer.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised though gamestop being gamestop. I have a feeling they are holding back a bunch of new NESC shipments in their warehouse and are waiting to see what the price levels out at and will have new NESC bundles @ $250 a piece during the summer.
Would converting them to used and then jacking up the price be a surprise to anyone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

blackbeard, has Gamestop been receiving restocks of the NES Classic controllers as well? Could you please add it to the sheet?

Thanks again for all you do, you rock!

Really sad seeing the controllers go for $30 a few days ago to now almost $80 on ebay.  And I thought $30 was asking too much.  I wonder why one of the main sellers is from singapore.  Is there a factory there or could they be counterfeits?

Really sad seeing the controllers go for $30 a few days ago to now almost $80 on ebay. And I thought $30 was asking too much. I wonder why one of the main sellers is from singapore. Is there a factory there or could they be counterfeits?
if u are looking at amazon 3rd party sellers, they most likely fakes. they probably ship u something else.

Possible restock coming to some Best Buys. Stores being told to hold them till April 24th (according to my source)

65e37a2610946aaa030e3bc357f2d89b.jpg

bread's done
Back