YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

fuck , my local store came up for literally 20 minutes and I went to go get one they sold all of them to 1 guy!
You have got to be kidding me. That is fuck ed up to begin with. It is even more fuck ed up considering how much you've helped this community. Maybe a nice CAG will buy and ship you one at cost.

It didn't occur to me to ask to buy more than one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had zero luck as well. GameStop is shady as oprah. My home store lit up I thought I'm good , they got my back. Nope. The associate kindly looked up other stores for me , which is their way of politely telling me to go play Shaq Fu single player and while I'm at it watch Steel on DVD.
So I go across town, they have the same song and dance.....almost scripted. This time he pulls up my home store as having available stock.
I have 16 pre orders there and they act like they don't know me today.

I had zero luck as well. GameStop is shady as oprah. My home store lit up I thought I'm good , they got my back. Nope. The associate kindly looked up other stores for me , which is their way of politely telling me to go play Shaq Fu single player and while I'm at it watch Steel on DVD.
So I go across town, they have the same song and dance.....almost scripted. This time he pulls up my home store as having available stock.
I have 16 pre orders there and they act like they don't know me today.
Gamestop doesn't give a flying fuck if you have 6 pre-orders or 60 pre-orders. Don't shop there unless you absolutely have to.

Heads up the store list had stopped increasing around noon pst and it has decreased by around 200 stores since.

A store 62 miles away has one. Would they hold it if I called, or no?

Edit:

Called anyways. Said they "just sold the last one". Mhm, I'm sure.

I-dont-believe-you.gif

A store 62 miles away has one. Would they hold it if I called, or no?

Edit:
Called anyways. Said they "just sold the last one". Mhm, I'm sure.

I-dont-believe-you.gif
Their policy is not to, but you could always call and explain your situation and where you would be driving from to see if they will. You've gotten nothing to lose.

Their policy is not to, but you could always call and explain your situation and where you would be driving from to see if they will. You've gotten nothing to lose.
I have to stop by another gamestop tomorrow, so I'll see if they can check that particular store and see if it's actually in stock, have the employee call, and have them request that it will be held. I would think that would hold more sway...

Then again I dunno if it's worth it, especially since the roads in some places are a bit sketchy due to recent snowfall. Probably just wait until a store closer to where I live has it in stock, then drive there myself to confirm.

Edit:

Looks like a store 43 miles from me has one... I think tomorrow will be the day all the stores in my area get one (hopefully).

I love all the recently added seller accounts on Amazon's NES Classic page.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
New sellers will be forced to list it for less, so the price is gonna be driven down. That or everybody is going to try to undercut whatever the lowest price at that time is. I wouldn't be surprised if the price goes under $100 here soon. Here's the trending price for the past couple months.

new.png

Called up one of the stores on the list, they said their units were long gone earlier this afternoon.  But the lady was nice and checked the other stores without being prompted.   She tells me "Northtown still has them in stock. Let me give you their phone number."  I call them, sure enough they have two left.  Now the problem is they are 25minutes away.  I know how this is going to go...

I get in my car right away, get on the highway, and then just happen to hit all green lights along the way because its rush hour and make it there in about 15minutes.  Fastest time ever.  Low and behold, still two units remain.  So I scored a NES mini and a guy that walked in 2min later got the last one.  Just happened to get lucky and get the one store in the entire district that took until 3pm to open their UPS drop shipments. 

The guys working there couldn't have been nicer.   Just as the other guy was checking out one of them answers the phone and says "no i'm sorry I'm actually in the process of selling my last one." which was the god honest truth.  It happens all the time. 

I really hope everyone can find one of these... my girlfriend and I play the old school games on this and we have such a great time. She is VERY good at Ice Climber... it makes me so happy to see how much fun she has while playing it and watching me play.

Good luck everyone and don't give up if you want one!

Thanks for posting. I went to two stores near me that are still on the list. One said they got 2 and sold out at opening and the other said they are out of stock but should have some Friday.
yea my closest store it still on the list but called around noon and said they sold out. Wouldn't surprise me an employee put one off to the side till end of the day.

Found out that the only local store that popped up on the my list only got 3 in and some random guy happen to see them as they were unboxing them and they let him scoop them all up because they didn't know about the 1 per customer. I guess I missed it by minutes as I saw the guy walking out with a bag of them.

EDIT: I went back later to cancel RE7 preorder and talked to the girl who was there earlier.

Shocking that NO Cali stores around me got any, especially since I am in Los Angeles.
One did about 30 miles from me in Scotts Valley, CA waiting for it to hit the Bay Area too. We should see it soon, I called a store nearby and they are anticipating a shipment, they just don't know when.

Visalia, CA is the other Cali store that got stock today.

One did about 30 miles from me in Scotts Valley, CA waiting for it to hit the Bay Area too. We should see it soon, I called a store nearby and they are anticipating a shipment, they just don't know when.

Visalia, CA is the other Cali store that got stock today.
It sucks because all my gamestops are in high traffic areas. So the chances of them holding me one are slim, and the chances of them being in stock after I am off work is slim. Not sure why Best Buy isn't restocked yet either.

Yeah, we don't deserve this kindness, sir.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
There are few people on this board who go out of there way to provide us with the spoils of our passion. Most all of us are in Blackbeard's debt and I want to see everyone contribute to helping this man get something he wants. I know many have sent him codes for an Xbox live 2day trial but we can and should do better.

I propose that everyone, every single person send at least $1 to blackbeards paypal account. If we all did that it will be obvious how much his work means to us. I have personally benefited in the hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in credit and have fed my family multiple times with this credit and now, today, because of blackbeards sleuthing, I picked up an NES Classic without having to drive out of my route.

Blackbeard, what is your PayPal ID my friend?

Post it here so we all can help you buy whatever the hell you want to. Xbox live trials isn't enough for the work you do. Thank you again for everything you do.

Edit: I forgot that there is the Donate tab on blackbeards spreadsheet. Feel free to make that donation there please.

There are few people on this board who go out of there way to provide us with the spoils of our passion. Most all of us are in Blackbeard's debt and I want to see everyone contribute to helping this man get something he wants. I know many have sent him codes for an Xbox live 2day trial but we can and should do better.

I propose that everyone, every single person send at least $1 to blackbeards paypal account. If we all did that it will be obvious how much his work means to us. I have personally benefited in the hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in credit and have fed my family multiple times with this credit and now, today, because of blackbeards sleuthing, I picked up an NES Classic without having to drive out of my route.

Blackbeard, what is your PayPal ID my friend?

Post it here so we all can help you buy whatever the hell you want to. Xbox live trials isn't enough for the work you do. Thank you again for everything you do.
I really do appreciate it whenever someone does decides to donate something. I never expect anything truly, I do it to benefit everyone who cares to listen as hoarding all this info I gather does me no good outside the immediate 30 mile radius around me and would be wasteful for me not to help someone else looking for the same item/promo/sale etc... I'm actually lucky I decided to focus on this code this last weekend because as of Friday it was not possible to do yet. If you decide you would like to say thank you as Sunrisecityrider has mentioned there is a donation button in the sheets that goes to my Paypal account.

EDIT: Forgot if you are curious and you want to know GS stock of a specific item don't hesitate to send me a PM. I find it is especially helpful to see how scarce some games are. Ex. Black Sigil Blade of the Exiled for the DS comes to mind.

I'm guessing the spreadsheet reflects real-time stock (well whether they have it or not)? Or pretty close? There is a store 40-something miles away that is still showing up since a few hours back.

I'm guessing the spreadsheet reflects real-time stock (well whether they have it or not)? Or pretty close? There is a store 40-something miles away that is still showing up since a few hours back.
Well when I went to pick one up and El Hordo was walking out with all of them my store came off the query results on the next run which was like 10 mins later.

bread's done
Back