YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

ONe thing you can do call up the gamestop that has one and make sure they have it. Then call your homestore have it shipped there and then you can pick one up.
anyone done this- or web in-store? Would imagine the wink and hush would be 100x

I'm genuinely surprised Nintendo still hasn't restocked these things. They could've made a fortune around Christmas time for stocking stuffers, but it was the scalpers who benefitted. Now I feel like most people have forgotten about them, especially the ones who would've bought these as gifts for nostalgia. It's not like you can't play these virtually anywhere nowadays.

Because this item isn't easy for anyone to score. People are still trying to get one for their themselves, their family, or their friends. Come on dude..
I'm not complaining. It is what it is. We ALL will eventually get one. Me asking for the hookup was moreso intended to be a joke that anything. I'm not in dire straits to get one right now. To me it's hilarious that Nintendo is being so stingy with these fucking things. Makes no sense when they could be raking in the bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to one gamestop and they said they dont have it even though its on the list. The guy also checked on his computer. Not sure if hes lying. Does anyone know how many do they get in a store.

So is the 8Bitdo wireless controller all the rage? Seems to be getting great reviews but paying 39.99 for a controller on a system that was 59.99 is very anti-cheapass.

I'm genuinely surprised Nintendo still hasn't restocked these things. They could've made a fortune around Christmas time for stocking stuffers, but it was the scalpers who benefitted. Now I feel like most people have forgotten about them, especially the ones who would've bought these as gifts for nostalgia. It's not like you can't play these virtually anywhere nowadays.
Yeah, but then there would be a ton of people flooding the resale market below MSRP lowering the value of it and hurting them in the long run. This is how Nintendo keeps the price and value on their games and systems consistent. May suck because you can't buy them cheap, but at least you can confidently buy a game at full price knowing it won't be worth a fraction of that in a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but then there would be a ton of people flooding the resale market below MSRP lowering the value of it and hurting them in the long run. This is how Nintendo keeps the price and value on their games and systems consistent. May suck because you can't buy them cheap, but at least you can confidently buy a game at full price knowing it won't be worth a fraction of that in a few months.
This is the exact reason I am picking up a Switch at launch. Cause it will be the same goddamn price in a year so why not?

I went in to work yesterday and before clocking in, noticed we had two sitting on a cart to be stocked. I bought them, one for my wife and one for my mother in law. Turns out she bought herself one already, so I have one extra. Are they still going for insane prices? I'll probably sell this one on Craigslist for like $80, don't want to be a douche.

I went in to work yesterday and before clocking in, noticed we had two sitting on a cart to be stocked. I bought them, one for my wife and one for my mother in law. Turns out she bought herself one already, so I have one extra. Are they still going for insane prices? I'll probably sell this one on Craigslist for like $80, don't want to be a douche.
Well no offense, even making what you consider to be a smaller-than-market-value profit on something that you put forth no effort whatsoever in obtaining could still qualify you as a douche. I'm not saying you are, but there's nothing wrong for selling it at MSRP either.

Well no offense, even making what you consider to be a smaller-than-market-value profit on something that you put forth no effort whatsoever in obtaining could still qualify you as a douche. I'm not saying you are, but there's nothing wrong for selling it at MSRP either.
And I got shit for asking (jokingly) for someone to grab me one and I would pay for shipping lol...

And I got shit for asking (jokingly) for someone to grab me one and I would pay for shipping lol...
Take it from me, never give in to the temptation to ask for more than cost and tag the comment with "helpful". You will get killed.

I learned that the hardest of ways.

Wont try that again thats for sure.

Then again, it wasnt the best idea to begin with.

Self depreciation is a mutha

I downloaded the hack. Follows all the instructions and I just got a blank black screen. I had to reset mine back to original settings. I'm glad I saved the original kernel or I would have bricked it. I really want to do this but I just couldn't get it to work. Any tips?

gamestop shipped my nes and mini boss controller bundle. fuck yes
Same :D

And it wasn't even supposed to ship until the 1st so I'm pleasantly surprised at Gamestop not fudging me even more than they did (I'm still bitter about that $7 "handling" charge. wtf is this....1995?)

Same :D

And it wasn't even supposed to ship until the 1st so I'm pleasantly surprised at Gamestop not fudging me even more than they did (I'm still bitter about that $7 "handling" charge. wtf is this....1995?)
I was able to get the SAVER coupon to work on this with free SH.

I downloaded the hack. Follows all the instructions and I just got a blank black screen. I had to reset mine back to original settings. I'm glad I saved the original kernel or I would have bricked it. I really want to do this but I just couldn't get it to work. Any tips?
Depending on the version you have, did you make sure to follow instructions with the roms? 1.10 or below and going over 100 games (I personally only have 80, including original 30) will probably C8 you. 1.11 or higher and you can put up to 700 games as long as you restrict roms to 30 per folder. I also recommend keeping the default setting of image resolution of box art on, since it keeps them to about 80k in size. The original issue wasn't the size of roms or how many you have, it's that the system can't handle loading so many images and would crash. Keeping the size low allows it to load normally if you're not using folders.

Where should those of us that want the hack but are newbies go to get the best and easiest method?
Thanks in advance

Depending on the version you have, did you make sure to follow instructions with the roms? 1.10 or below and going over 100 games (I personally only have 80, including original 30) will probably C8 you. 1.11 or higher and you can put up to 700 games as long as you restrict roms to 30 per folder. I also recommend keeping the default setting of image resolution of box art on, since it keeps them to about 80k in size. The original issue wasn't the size of roms or how many you have, it's that the system can't handle loading so many images and would crash. Keeping the size low allows it to load normally if you're not using folders.

Hope they get more bundles in.
No bundles. I want a vanilla system. Tired of the crap they tie to it - even if it is as little as a $20 controller that is average at best.

Some day I will have one. Some day. Got one via Amazon PrimeNow right before Christmas for my bro-in-law. Figured a month later Nintendo would have this situation solved. Heh.

No bundles. I want a vanilla system. Tired of the crap they tie to it - even if it is as little as a $20 controller that is average at best.
I've herd the items in the bundles are separated on the receipt. So if you order a bundle you should have no problem returning the extra crap you don't want in store.

Well these finally hit my area.... And were all gone by the time I got my lunch break. One store told me 15 people were waiting at opening for his.

Can't compete with the flippers and soccer moms. Grats to those who got one!

Which controller (other than the Nintendo licensed one since its hard to find) is the best to buy in order to have a second one? There are some games that my girlfriend and I would like to play together, so I'm looking to buy a good second controller that works well.

Which controller (other than the Nintendo licensed one since its hard to find) is the best to buy in order to have a second one? There are some games that my girlfriend and I would like to play together, so I'm looking to buy a good second controller that works well.
You could get a Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro.

bread's done
Back