YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Sucks when you can't camp out, final session for a class/final project+presentation due tomorrow at 9AM.

Thanks Nintendo for making this hard to purchase every single step of the way.

Hopefully 2 hours early is enough in my town. They said they have 8 for tomorrow. So either Best Buy split up some cases or employees "reserved" some since they come in casepacks of 6.

My district of TRU has 60 cases at the warehouse, for over 100 stores, so whenever they ship them out many stores will probably be without unless Nintendo sends more. No idea if they'll be held for an ad or not. Selling them alongside the Switches on the 28th makes sense to me, but they'd have to ship soon, and I've heard nothing along these lines.

Sounds like lots of these in the wild this week. Get ready for the sell off panic starting NOW!!!

Hopefully 2 hours early is enough in my town. They said they have 8 for tomorrow. So either Best Buy split up some cases or employees "reserved" some since they come in casepacks of 6.

My district of TRU has 60 cases at the warehouse, for over 100 stores, so whenever they ship them out many stores will probably be without unless Nintendo sends more. No idea if they'll be held for an ad or not. Selling them alongside the Switches on the 28th makes sense to me, but they'd have to ship soon, and I've heard nothing along these lines.
My stores didn't come in the normal cases. Random box with them in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it's going to be restocked, it comes in a box with a nes classic.
giphy.gif

My best buy said they were giving out tickets for the classic tomorrow at 9:30
I'm probably going to head out at 6 am just play my 3ds until I get my ticket

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Called local Best Buy. Confirmed they will have stock and giving out tickets tomorrow morning.

Would not say how many available or when tickets would be distributed.

Forget that. I was trying to help out a family member to get one.

I stopped at mine around 4 pm and they confirmed that they will have them monday morning. He said they have been instructed not to say how many units they will have. I just happen to work across from them and as of 830pm only one person standing outside their door.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I was the only in line. And was told they had 15 and there will be a ticket system. Sadly he couldn't give me a ticket today even though I was their for 4 hours. But hey I always have tomorrow.

I just can't believe this thing is that difficult... I'm gonna camp out before work tomorrow and it's whatever. This sucks but oh well

someone should drive to a BB tomorrow morning with the box(only) for the NES Classic, throw it next to the line, and see what happens
If I didn't care about saving the box, I would love to have tried this and record the incident so that aliens can see how ridiculous we can get. Lol

it's not even worth the effort.

I just saw a google news alert on my phone about Best Buy having them tomorrow.

I saw it mentioned by a local radio station as well on facebook.

Jeesh it blew up on the news, I'm gonna swing through before I go to class and see what the line is like, if its short I'm gonna have to call in a brother or mom favor. Otherwise fuck it, I'll just build a Raspberry Pi one myself

someone should drive to a BB tomorrow morning with the box(only) for the NES Classic, throw it next to the line, and see what happens
When I got my PS4 on launch from amazon, it was defective and had that HDMI issue. I sent it off to Sony in a prepaid box and when they sent it back to me, it was in another PS4 box. I always thought about putting an ad on Craigslist saying "FREE PS4" and putting the location, saying how I hated the thing and there were no games and leaving that empty box there and waiting at a distance and filming the reactions of people.

It was around Christmas time though and I felt that might be kinda mean if someone truly just wanted to get their kid a PS4.

I thought about going out in a bit to get a ticket then letting family pick it up for me while I'm at work but it's just too much. I don't need another one, I don't really need the money either.

I see it. Are there no official Nintendo brand extension cords?
Not that I'm aware of. These work fine on both my Nintendo Classic and WiiU though. Only downside is they're only 6' and you have to unscrew the plastic tabs at the plug since I think they were originally a Wii accessory.

MY store I like to go to is only geting in 10 and 3 workers already plan to be in the line....Guess I'll pass at 7 if more than 10 people i'll just go back home

All of you guys waiting in line for hours n shit are nuts when if you really wanna play these games you can easily buy them on the Nintendo Virtual console eshop or hell emulate em on your PC for Free. I have never and will never get the hype for this thing at all and why people are so butt hurt that Nintendo discontinued them. I mean even if it is the fact you want a small little retro emulation co sole, then makes urself one with the PI its not hard.

Well I just woke up at 4:30 am randomly so I might as well go check at around 6:30/7 will make a report on the line. I think if there's under 10 people in line I'll try for it and if not fuck it I'm goin to bed.

All of you guys waiting in line for hours n shit are nuts when if you really wanna play these games you can easily buy them on the Nintendo Virtual console eshop or hell emulate em on your PC for Free. I have never and will never get the hype for this thing at all and why people are so butt hurt that Nintendo discontinued them. I mean even if it is the fact you want a small little retro emulation co sole, then makes urself one with the PI its not hard.
This has to do with convenience. No regular person is gonna want to learn on how to build a emulator using the PI. Then learning how to put ROMS on it and finding a controller to work with it and then button mapping the controls. Normal people buy things and just want simple hook ups like power, video and sync up the controller via wireless or wired. People still buy pre built pc's or go out and buy gaming laptops rather than build one themselves. A lot of people don't even bother rooting their phones or just don't care to cause it's not worth their time to learn to how do it. If there isn't a 100% fool proof list of a step by step directions manual people just aren't gonna try do it themselves.

This has to do with convenience. No regular person is gonna want to learn on how to build a emulator using the PI. Then learning how to put ROMS on it and finding a controller to work with it and then button mapping the controls. Normal people buy things and just want simple hook ups like power, video and sync up the controller via wireless or wired. People still buy pre built pc's or go out and buy gaming laptops rather than build one themselves. A lot of people don't even bother rooting their phones or just don't care to cause it's not worth their time to learn to how do it. If there isn't a 100% fool proof list of a step by step directions manual people just aren't gonna try do it themselves.
You can buy a used wii off craigslist for 30-40 bucks and it takes 10 minutes to softmod it to play all NES/SNES/etc. games. If people want a $300 30 game nostalgia box, that's on them, but there are cheaper and 'better' alternatives.

You can buy a used wii off craigslist for 30-40 bucks and it takes 10 minutes to softmod it to play all NES/SNES/etc. games. If people want a $300 30 game nostalgia box, that's on them, but there are cheaper and 'better' alternatives.
Better is a based on that person though. If I only care about those 30 games and want the most close to nostalgia piece of my childhood I'd prefer to get the classic. Now, I also used to emulate and could very well do so if I want, but I rather have both options instead of one. I guess when you have money and time its more of an afterthought to get these things and wait in line.

Just got to my store (figuratively and literally, since I work here) and there's currently not a single person here. So now I just have to not fall back asleep in the car before my inventory manager gets here in 35 minutes.

Did I mention I open today too?

Just got to my store (figuratively and literally, since I work here) and there's currently not a single person here. So now I just have to not fall back asleep in the car before my inventory manager gets here in 35 minutes.

Did I mention I open today too?

I'm here, two other people in line and they're supposed to have seven. They're also supposed to pass out tickets two hours before opening but I'll believe that when it happens.

bread's done
Back