YMMV- Gamestop and Best Buy are receiving NES Classics. UPDATED

Most people seem to be saying that around 16 people showed up at most at their stores, max. Unless dozens of people (scalpers) pulled up saw the line heard that most stores were getting no more than a dozen units and drove off. Otherwise it Seems like an attainable goal if Ninty just manufactured enough to cover the few extra people per store, like 20 units to every BB in America, every one who wanted one would've got one. Seems like there's a definitive number of men who scalp for a living per capita.

Side note, while ticketing is preferable, I wonder how lax they'd be with tickets in big cities (but not too big like NYC where travel takes too long) where dudes could get a ticket, drive to another best buy for ticket 2, then to 3rd BB for one more, then show up in the evening and pick up at all three stores.

Side note, while ticketing is preferable, I wonder how lax they'd be with tickets in big cities (but not too big like NYC where travel takes too long) where dudes could get a ticket, drive to another best buy for ticket 2, then to 3rd BB for one more, then show up in the evening and pick up at all three stores.
Being from NYC, you aren't going to get more than 1 with the morning traffic (or traffic at all since there's always traffic) and plenty of other people in the area trying to get it too. Outside of Manhattan BB's aren't really close to each other. Would still take about 15 - 30 minutes to get the next with traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was the first at my store here in MN (Riverdale - Coon Rapids).  I headed out and showed up around 4:30 after hunting down a place that sells coffee before 5am (tougher than you think!).

I waited in the warmer car for a while and the next guy shows up around 6:00 so of course I want to cement my #1 spot and did.  Proceeded to sit outside for a while.  3rd through 6th people showed up around 7:15-7:45.  They hand out tickets around 8:30 to the first 8 that were there (11 total).  A lucky extra 3 strolled in just after.  Another guy and I stayed outside to chat until store open. He and I probably turned away another 30 at least before people started lining up anyway and we gave up - many of them said the early morning news station had told everyone of the "last chance."  The flood ensued, but too late at that point...

Dang that's a great deal still, given these ridiculous ebay prices.
$100 for just the ticket and then $60 for the item, yeah for $160 compared to those fleabay prices, not too shabby. Now I know to carry enough cash in these types of situations lol.

Anyway the misses told me it was a kid in front of her that witnessed the line cutting but didn't do anything because he's just a kid & I guess the line cutters were adults. She was distracted talking to the old lady behind her. If she saw the line cutting she would've definitely said something, that's why I sent her out lol. Anyway, I just feel bad for the kid since I think he could've had one if there were no line cutters, but at least the old lady had cash and bought the $100 ticket since she was there for a co-worker.

Most people seem to be saying that around 16 people showed up at most at their stores, max. Unless dozens of people (scalpers) pulled up saw the line heard that most stores were getting no more than a dozen units and drove off. Otherwise it Seems like an attainable goal if Ninty just manufactured enough to cover the few extra people per store, like 20 units to every BB in America, every one who wanted one would've got one. Seems like there's a definitive number of men who scalp for a living per capita.

well it really depended on store, store I went to had over 30 people in line for 16 consoles and I heard the same for a few stores within 10 minutes of that store. then they told the 16 who got the tickets that they need to be there at 10 to get it, if you weren't there then they were selling it to someone else. the tickets explicitly said you have 3 hours from store opening to pick them up but really that was the stores discretion, because like my store did, they said disregard what it says, be here when we open

Thanks enigma Are these numbers reflected in real time?
RSS updates about every hour (to my knowledge), so they're not real-time, but they are fairly current. Those are still the amounts being shown as of this reply, but I'm not sure when it last updated.

Ok thanks
I'm in CA so the stores just opened 40 min ago and if it takes an hour to update the ones showing availability are probably actually gone by now

So once we get past today's BB panic, anyone have any idea if target, GS and TRU are getting more?

just left my local So. Cal store and NES classic tickets were given out at 8 and they had over 100 people in line ( says the manager). They had 3 systems not picked up by the ticket holders yet and they are selling those at 1 if not picked up. if there was more than 3 i would go back. They did have one more controller left so i grabbed that. Also grabbed a extension cable for my original controller. During my 5 minutes in the store there was 3 other people asking about the Classic. Tons of CAGS/Scalpers in my neck of the woods

Ok thanks
I'm in CA so the stores just opened 40 min ago and if it takes an hour to update the ones showing availability are probably actually gone by now

So once we get past today's BB panic, anyone have any idea if target, GS and TRU are getting more?
target has been getting them randomly but pretty constant past month or so, just gotta keep tabs on brickseek which hasn't been great with the classic.

expect a pricey bundle from gs.com, I don't think stores will be getting anymore.

looks like walmart sent what they had to stores recently and no idea on toys r us.

RSS updates about every hour (to my knowledge), so they're not real-time, but they are fairly current. Those are still the amounts being shown as of this reply, but I'm not sure when it last updated.
RSS updates instantly unless it's Black Friday where it takes hours. If RSS is talking to another program then it takes about 30ish minutes. Unless it's LPs then it updates whenever it wants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enigma, one more time, can you check store 39 please?

1180 and 130 please
5, 0 (but 14 showing as unavailable)

Can you check 373, 1456, or 572? Thanks in advance.
0, 0, 0

I dunno if anyone asked, can you check 122 and 542?
22 showing as unavailable, 3

Any chance for 763 and 852? Thank you.
26, 25 (but unavailable)

167, 1072, 865, if you would, please.
0, 0, 2 (but unavailable)

28 and 1052 please
0, 0

Can you check 654 and 1192
0, 1

I was happy to catch a glimpse of a box today. That thing is tiny!
It really is. I wasn't sure it was the right thing when I found mine last week. When you pull out the actual console, it's even more shocking about how small and lightweight it is.

Also, the cord length... good grief what were they thinking? I'd heard it was short, but it is shockingly short. There's no denying the feel of a brand-new authentic NES controller though. Those things are magic and instantly sent me back to my childhood in the mid-80's.

I do like how they come with all the cords you would need, but I also would have easily traded the included hdmi cord (I have a ton of those now) for a few more feet on the controller cord.

If Nintendo is learning anything besides supply and demand from this debacle, I hope it's to make controller cords longer (the 1.8M/6ft standard would be great!)

bread's done
Back