(YMMV) Kinect Early! 250GB Xbox Kinect bundle $300 at Walmart (nj) RIGHT NOW

Noogums

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
5132296382_8925c5ede0_b.jpg

5132294986_26ecc3b393_b.jpg

Saw this at the Phillipsburg, NJ Walmart. They only had 1. I would have bought it if I didn't already have an Xbox...Not really a deal per say, but still...

Despite this being extremely YMMV, word to the wise: don't play any games early. You will lock yourself out of Live until the official release due to an issue with updates.

Someone mistakenly put that out in the normal 250GB 360 space, you'd have to argue a bit, but you'd get it for 299

That's actually a hell of a deal, but they obviously are breaking street date and the system would probably still ring up as 399.00.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Someone mistakenly put that out in the normal 250GB 360 space, you'd have to argue a bit, but you'd get it for 299[/QUOTE]

Oh yea you could. Some of the people working there are...um...lets just say it wouldn't take much effort.

[quote name='Noogums']Oh yea you could. Some of the people working there are...um...lets just say it wouldn't take much effort.[/QUOTE]

You are dreaming its just in the case over the old tag, once they ring it, its not happening. Pipe dream. No one bought it at that price this is bogus, and most likely they won't even sell it to you until the street date, another non deal posted by someone who does not follow the rules.

[quote name='tightclaws']You are dreaming its just in the case over the old tag, once they ring it, its not happening. Pipe dream. No one bought it at that price this is bogus, and most likely they won't even sell it to you until the street date, another non deal posted by someone who does not follow the rules.[/QUOTE]
No dude, this guy made us aware of a YMMV deal and posted pics to support his claims. It's YMMV for a reason so quit being a dick to someone that's actually trying to contribute something useful here.

On topic: I would totally be down for this if I could get in on it. I doubt someone made the same mistake at my local Walmart so I won't bother going. Or maybe I'll offer to go pick up some groceries and it wouldn't hurt to check.

[quote name='natiev']Don't forget also that just because it's in the display case that their system will sell it to you.[/QUOTE]

This. Once the cashier hits that sku on the box it'll definitely kick back a street date message.

[quote name='mgford11']This. Once the cashier hits that sku on the box it'll definitely kick back a street date message.[/QUOTE]

Oh man I didn't even know that could happen. My b =X hahaha

Nice spot anyway, brother. I'd still try to buy it though. If you got that for $299, you could sell that on eBay or Craigslist tonight for AT LEAST $500. I'd bet money on it.

[quote name='Jodou']Despite this being extremely YMMV, word to the wise: don't play any games early. You will lock yourself out of Live until the official release due to an issue with updates.[/QUOTE]

The new dashboard goes out to everyone tomorrow so that won't be an issue for long.

[quote name='jazzman']It is the wrong price tag and Walmart won't honor that at the register.[/QUOTE]

oh yes they will. They are pretty good at honoring that in my experiences. Got some new PC software one time for 60% off because they forgot to switch tags when then changed stock.

[quote name='Noogums']Oh yea you could. Some of the people working there are...um...lets just say it wouldn't take much effort.[/QUOTE]
I guess you've never argued with a Walmart Assistant Manager for 30 minutes as half the employees in the store stood around and watched, trying to get them to honor their price matching policy and sell you Soul Calibur 4 for 9.99.

fuckers.

[quote name='mgford11']This. Once the cashier hits that sku on the box it'll definitely kick back a street date message.[/QUOTE]

That would be a negative. I work at Wal-Mart and nothing ever pops up when ringing up stuff before the street date.

[quote name='Okatha']You'd think retailers would have a system to prevent street dates from being broken.[/QUOTE]

Considering the fine they would be charged from Microsoft if they found out they should be REALLY careful.

[quote name='6er']oh yes they will. They are pretty good at honoring that in my experiences. Got some new PC software one time for 60% off because they forgot to switch tags when then changed stock.[/QUOTE]

Your Wal-Mart employees =/= All Wal-Mart employees

[quote name='Okatha']You'd think retailers would have a system to prevent street dates from being broken.[/QUOTE]

I know Target does, and I think Best Buy does as well.

[quote name='NJMane']Considering the fine they would be charged from Microsoft if they found out they should be REALLY careful.[/QUOTE]
They're not fined, I don't know where you get your info.

Correct, Microsoft can't fine any retailer. The worse they could do is stop selling their product to walmart. And they would be dumb if they did that.

Like not hiring people who clearly can't handle the complexities of merchandising.

But it'll automatically deny the sale at the register. It shouldn't be on the shelf but it doesn't hurt anything, just creates extra work scanning it back in the stockroom.

[quote name='grap3fruitman']No dude, this guy made us aware of a YMMV deal and posted pics to support his claims. It's YMMV for a reason so quit being a dick to someone that's actually trying to contribute something useful here.[/QUOTE]

How's anyone but you being a dick? Just because it's on the shelf doesn't mean it's for sale. It's not a deal because you can't buy it.

Heck of a deal. And yeah, they'd honor it. They would almost have to, you could cause a huge storm and walmart doesn't want that. Greedy company, indeed. Pretty much every business professor at my university despised walmart and told us why..but they'd honor that.

If the item wasn't in a glass case and was in the wrong spot, I can see them fighting the price as marked theory. Normally they can just fight it and say "oh, another customer must have put it down in the wrong spot" -- even though I think it's store policy that they have to honor the price as marked. I know it's even the law in some states (not sure about NJ).

However, it's in a glass case that only the employees have access to -- it's clearly their mistake, and while it is a mistake, if it's in the wrong spot due to a EMPLOYEE putting it in the wrong spot (per say), they would pretty much have to honor the price that's listed underneath it.

I actually purchased one on Craigslist sealed for $350 & I thought that was a deal, but I don't think they will break street date, even though its on the floor. I'm not sure if it locked me out of live or not, but every time I try & connect the xbox to live it says I have to open some port...

Just to ring in on employees and honoring prices ... when Fallout collectors edition came out some dummy put it in the slot for the regular edition going for what 20 bucks or 40 when it was supposed to be 60. It was late night 11 or 10 so the employee took it to the front cashiers . Rang up 60 but told her the tag was 20 or whatever. She rang up the other employee,that one confimed the tag and voila changed the price for me. :applause:

[quote name='Retrospect Hero']Just to ring in on employees and honoring prices ... when Fallout collectors edition came out some dummy put it in the slot for the regular edition going for what 20 bucks or 40 when it was supposed to be 60. It was late night 11 or 10 so the employee took it to the front cashiers . Rang up 60 but told her the tag was 20 or whatever. She rang up the other employee,that one confimed the tag and voila changed the price for me. :applause:[/QUOTE]

This needs a manager approval (based on personal experience).

Man, this is tempting ! Should I go or not ? 50 minutes drive round trip and was just told that they have the "new edition" and that it is $299..

[quote name='zizo79']Man, this is tempting ! Should I go or not ? 50 minutes drive round trip and was just told that they have the "new edition" and that it is $299..[/QUOTE]

Go for it dude. If you don't you'll just be sitting around thinking about why you didn't and what would have happened if you did

[quote name='Noogums']Go for it dude. If you don't you'll just be sitting around thinking about why you didn't and what would have happened if you did[/QUOTE]
Decisions decisions decisions..I was planning on getting a slim 360 anyways but from Amazon because I have about $170 of credits

[quote name='zizo79']Decisions decisions decisions..I was planning on getting a slim 360 anyways but from Amazon because I have about $170 of credits[/QUOTE]

Tough decision...I mean kinect comes out in a couple (4?) days so its not like terrible if you dont get this one right now. But, you could theoretically save some money depending on how you look at it.

Also, dont forget there will probably be a ton of deals on xboxs/kinects during black friday (26 days from now).

I work electronics in the Wal-mart here, and I am by no means the Dep Manager but I would thoroughly berate any of my fellow employee's that would do that shit. I have all the kinect stuff stacked and ready to go for the night of the 4th.

And yes, unless the sku rings up as " xbox 360 hardware" and not the specific sku, then yes it should ring up as "sale not available". The thing is, is that many times they will give it this generic sku that will always ring up, like they do with most of Nintendo's sunday releases. In stead of being "Professor Layton DS" its " Nintendo DS software" or something like that.

As for the manager selling it, I can see it. 2 months ago we had a customer purchase a brand new elite system, go home and crack open their broken old pro model and put the guts in the new elite shell and then return it. We are talking the inputs didn't line up, no HDMI port, and a wrong size/color and BROKEN hard drive. And the manager returned it even AFTER they called me up and I told them it wasn't the correct insides.

Epic Fail ....someone bought it and returned it because the Kinect was not working . What a bummer

You serious? Is this the same NJ walmart that he mentioned? I might take a ride out there if I can get the 250 gig with Kinect for $300....

[quote name='AquaPimp82']That would be a negative. I work at Wal-Mart and nothing ever pops up when ringing up stuff before the street date.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes it does, It happened to me with Fallout 3 and Fable 2.

Man that was a nice and peaceful 1 hour ride lol Freaking dude that worked there gave the whole spiegel about hout MS has a patch that wont even let me play the Kinect. He said that someone bought a Kinect bundle during the day and returned it.. WTF
They did have 2 4GB Kinect bundles though and I am pretty sure if Mike (walmart guy) isn't there tomorrow, someone will sell it.

Hey, for anyone who did manage to get their hands on this, I just have a quick question about the bundle. There's a single cable that connects the Kinect sensor to the new slim 360, but for older models, it needs both a USB cable and a power cable. Did the bundle come with the USB cable and power cable, so that I could hook it up to an older 360 as well, or does it just come with the cable that hooks it to slim 360s?

[quote name='mkelehan']Hey, for anyone who did manage to get their hands on this, I just have a quick question about the bundle. There's a single cable that connects the Kinect sensor to the new slim 360, but for older models, it needs both a USB cable and a power cable. Did the bundle come with the USB cable and power cable, so that I could hook it up to an older 360 as well, or does it just come with the cable that hooks it to slim 360s?[/QUOTE]

Don't have it but I know... it comes with what you need to hook it up to EITHER console. Not only that but it comes with a USB extension because if you have something else hooked into the back USB you'll then need to hook it up to the front..

bread's done
Back