YMMV My Best Buy Mystery Rewards Certificate

This must be YMMV, as I was able to price match a Switch game yesterday and use the $5 mystery reward (plus a $10 reward I already had).

Another warning, if you price match something they won't allow the Mystery Reward.

At least that was what the BB I went to told me.

Didn't bother to check, but I bet it was worth $5.00 like others said based on the code's ending.

... UGH, you can't use it online, and most of the stuff I am remotely interested are not in stock anywhere near me.

Guess I will wait until next week to see what is on sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another warning, if you price match something they won't allow the Mystery Reward.

At least that was what the BB I went to told me.

Didn't bother to check, but I bet it was worth $5.00 like others said based on the code's ending.

... UGH, you can't use it online, and most of the stuff I am remotely interested are not in stock anywhere near me.

Guess I will wait until next week to see what is on sale.
They lied to you. I had to return/repurchase an item that was only online and by the time it was delivered, it was off sale so they had to PM it. Coupon worked no questions asked after, so I'd complain about your experience for $5 in compensation for your time and gas.

No work around to using this online via website or app? Hate going into my best buy their security follows me around like I'm a felon

Yeah, I thought it might have been YMMV BS, but after browsing their site again I think I will just spend it on an Amiibo.  I need to run to Target and BB is near by anyway.

Ever since my GCU expired I've only been getting PSN/eShop/Steam currency and sales items for My BB points.

For the most part I think the codes are just random, I have gotten it when I have and haven't been elite.  Now I wouldn't be surprised if they have it set to NOT be sent to big spenders...

https://www.bestbuy.com/profile/c/cp/emailSubscriptions Check there to make sure General Marketing is set to Yes, sign me up. Mine had been flipped to either one per week or no thanks at some point last year and I didn't get the email. I flipped it to Yes when I checked last year after the emails had gone out and got it this time. I had gotten them before then as well. If yours is already set to Yes, sign me up, then it won't do any good.
Thanks for the link. Mine were all set to no I guess the default setting.

My cert was for $5. I ended up price matching Red Faction Guerilla Remarstered for Switch at $20 (from Gamestop's sale) and used the $5 cert to buy it for $15 at Best Buy.

bread's done
Back