(Ymmv) Overwatch: Origins 39.19 w/ prime (ps4/xb1)

poker360

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to get customer service to adjust my price before my product shipped and they kept denying me, i escalated it again early afternoon today after it shipped and they insisted they wouldnt do it simply because it shipped even though the pre-order guarentee was in effect.

Out of curiosity was your customer service representative named Leena? That's who i dealt with - she did not seem to understand amazon policies at all. I ended chat with her and started a new chat with a new member of customer service and he gave me a 30 dollar refund to the card I purchased with right away. I could have probably gotten a couple dollars more refunded from tax but since he was so easy to work with i just went for a flat 30 dollar refund.
Naw, mine was Krishna. Not sure if its even worth trying again at this point

Naw, mine was Krishna. Not sure if its even worth trying again at this point
Keep trying, leena insisted to me that if i kept trying i'd get the same response and there is nothing they can do - i however know better than to listen to some level 4 customer service team lead. Next person in customer service i spoke to was a lower level than her and fixed my issue effortlessly and without arguing with me.

I plan to go into work on monday and look leena up in the employee database and have a little chat with her operations manager since she does not know correct amazon policy.

Keep trying, leena insisted to me that if i kept trying i'd get the same response and there is nothing they can do - i however know better than to listen to some level 4 customer service team lead. Next person in customer service i spoke to was a lower level than her and fixed my issue effortlessly and without arguing with me.

I plan to go into work on monday and look leena up in the employee database and have a little chat with her operations manager since she does not know correct amazon policy.
Definitely seems like they are reading from a script. Had the same argument basically with a rep last night, who refused to believe the guarantee would be valid, and kept saying it ends once it shipped and referring to the TV rule.

I'll give it one more shot in a little bit (To make sure I don't get connected to her again lol, because that happened when I tried last night). I might just be better off ordering a second one and seeing if they'll PM that one, then return it later.

So you got it done but you still want to complain and try to get someone in trouble (possibly fired). why not call the operations manager and commend the awesome job the second person did? That would make alot more sense.............

I think the collector's edition statue is weak, such a colorful game and they give us a black statue? Already got the origins pre ordered at BB, and don't think it's worth switching for only saving $3 after the cert.

So I cancelled my PC CE, ordered the X1 CE from Amazon, contacted support and they put in a ticket that once it ships they will refund the value back to $76 for the 20% off. I then listed the X1 game and Steelbook on eBay for $65 as well as ordered the Origins PC edition from Amazon for $50.

After all is said and done hopefully I will have essentially the PC CE (minus the steelbook that I didn't want anyway) for $70 flat. Not too shabby.

Yeah I give up. Got transferred back to the same department, getting the exact same conversation again. They didn't even try to help this time, just said "My apologies, I hope you understand my limits"

Just gonna try buying a second one and seeing if they'll PM that. (Which would be hilarious)

EDIT: fucking lol....it barely took 1 minute and they adjusted it to $81....GG Amazon.

Amazon Rep: Let me try cancel the order

Me: so looking at that order, I see I'm only receiving $1 off, without receiving the correct 20% off for being a Prime member

Amazon Rep: Yes

:drool:

Talked to a few representatives, they all told me that the right price would show up when it shipped.  Given that the actual appropriate price seems to be just $47.99 I'm gonna make the safe bet and go with GCU.

meh ended up trying to get the collector's, figure I can sell the statue and steelbook and basically break even. 

talked to amazon and she told me she said

"I've check on this for you and I'm really sorry that the discount did not apply at check out, not to worry I've submitted the information to the promotion and marketing team to have the discount refunded for, You.ii receive a response in the next 245-48hrs."

Does make it seem like I will get the 20% difference but if I don't I'll just make a big fuss after it ships and worse case return it. I'm a leave my origins edition pre order at best buy in case this falls threw. 

So you got it done but you still want to complain and try to get someone in trouble (possibly fired). why not call the operations manager and commend the awesome job the second person did? That would make alot more sense.............

I think the collector's edition statue is weak, such a colorful game and they give us a black statue? Already got the origins pre ordered at BB, and don't think it's worth switching for only saving $3 after the cert.
The person is not doing their job as customer service, I already commended the second person for being amazing and even emailed someone higher up about it - however I cannot look up t he bad employees manager until i get into work on monday. If a customer service supervisor does not understand company policy then yes they need to be disciplined it tarnishes the companies otherwise impeccable reputation for customer service. She did not do her duties up to par must be coached and retrained.

The person is not doing their job as customer service, I already commended the second person for being amazing and even emailed someone higher up about it - however I cannot look up t he bad employees manager until i get into work on monday. If a customer service supervisor does not understand company policy then yes they need to be disciplined it tarnishes the companies otherwise impeccable reputation for customer service. She did not do her duties up to par must be coached and retrained.
all you need in there is the last sentence.

I don't see why your worked up over a price match but whatever gets you off, go make sure they get "disciplined" ;)

3rd representative was a breeze he actually told me to cancel the order, re-order sad the difference will be refunded on shipping day and since for some reason I couldn't get it no more on release day he upgraded me to Tuesday shipping. First two not so much, one just told me to re do the order which didn't work and the first one told me 20% off $48.99 is still $48.99

My Amazon rep said the following:

I would like to explain you that the offer will be extended to all existing Prime member pre-orders. The discount will be reflected in your order details within 5 business days and at the time of shipment.

I doubt this is true.

----

EDIT: They added the credit to my account for the difference:

G:May I know would that be fine if I'l help you issue $ 10.37 promotional credit to your account?

Me:Yes that is fine
I shop a lot with Amazon so that is fine

G:And would like to inform you that your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account, but will always display at checkout when you place an order through the Shopping Cart for an eligible item shipped and sold by Amazon.

Me:Right, thank you

G:Thank you :)
I've issued the promotional credit to your account:)

So weird how Amazon doesn't stick to their guns when it comes to their own policies.  #2 on the 20% off prime details says "The 20% discount applies to an item’s List Price ($59.99) and does not apply to an item’s already discounted price."

So weird how Amazon doesn't stick to their guns when it comes to their own policies. #2 on the 20% off prime details says "The 20% discount applies to an item’s List Price ($59.99) and does not apply to an item’s already discounted price."
I literally copy pasted their Pre-order Price Guarantee and they still told me I was wrong.

I literally copy pasted their Pre-order Price Guarantee and they still told me I was wrong.
By them denying the Price adjustment they would be correct. If someone gets it that's cool, but employees saying no (granted for the wrong reasons) are still "right" to deny it.

Was told earlier that I would receive a refund 24-48 hours after it shipped. I tried again and was able to get the rep to adjust the price now before it ships. $76+tax for collector's.

I'll bite on the meh Soldier-76 statue for that price.

So weird how Amazon doesn't stick to their guns when it comes to their own policies. #2 on the 20% off prime details says "The 20% discount applies to an item’s List Price ($59.99) and does not apply to an item’s already discounted price."
if people found the right rep or begged hard enough amazon would probably give people the game for free. It really all depends on how many marks people want on their accounts. 1 or 2 every now and then won't make a difference, but if someone bugs them about every game that comes out and returns some things i wouldn't be surprised to see the ominous letters/emails start arriving

I'm curious, what are the chances that if you go to Best Buy and ask them to price match the game once its out? The Amazon page shows $48.99 if you have Prime, so do you think the sales representative would see that if you show it from your phone or do you think they will check from their computers?
Because getting the game for $40 + $10 certificate would be pretty good deal if it works.
Unless you get a total idiot 0%. If you could add it to your cart and show them the price there then maybe. Otherwise not going to happen

so I tried to do this and amazon gave me the robotic response that they don't do post purchase price adjustments.. on a preorder.

Man I hate their customer service now they can't even understand what i'm talking about.

I get that this is not their policy, but they're quoting me the wrong policy.

It's not a PM that you're asking for, it's a post-purchase price adjustment, which they do from shipment to 7 days from receipt, only against their own prices. Usually only worth doing for a significant price drop. They will only do one per order.
they don't do this anymore, they changed it beginning of May, no more price adjustments.

Lol, suck a dick and get off your fictional high horse, you cheapskate

kvpaw.gif

;)

Amazon emailed me after chatting with them. Said that the Overwatch collector's Edition - playstation 4 (but I ordered on xbone) isn't eligible for receiving this promotional offer. However is does apply to the origins edition...........

Goes onto mention they made a one time exception for me and adjusted the price to 76. Thanks amazon :D

so I tried to do this and amazon gave me the robotic response that they don't do post purchase price adjustments.. on a preorder.

Man I hate their customer service now they can't even understand what i'm talking about.

I get that this is not their policy, but they're quoting me the wrong policy.
Amazon customer service is really starting to go downhill lately. I never used to have problems but now the last several times have been complicated. I ordered some DVDs that were out of stock but due back in shortly. In the time between them coming back in stock and still not shipping the price had lowered by several dollars on both. I contacted customer service and asked them for the price adjustment since the items had not yet shipped and got the "no post purchase price adjustment" nonsense. I explained that the items had not yet shipped and again was told nothing could be done. I told the rep it was ridiculous because I could just cancel the order and order them again for the lower price and the only thing he would do was offer to cancel the order for me so that I could order again. This new policy is crazy.

saw this thread so i tried my luck.I didnt order the game and went to chat with a representative about there being a prime problem.i said that my prime discount was only taking a dollar away and that it was suppose to be 20 %. she said to just order it and she will apply for the 20% discount which went through.take a day or two for the marketing team to respond. Also i got reassured ill recieve the game on release date when i told her the game gets released tomorrow . so 1 day shipping along with my discount makes it a good day.

bold prediction time:  everyone being promised a price adjustment upon release will get a price adjustment to $47.99.

also:  everyone who ordered the CE will get a price adjustment to the $103.99 and they'll actually charge you more!

OK, only half kidding about the CE.  And the regular edition prediction of $1 adjustment might not be so bold, but dollars to doughnuts that's what will happen - if they say they'll adjust it for you, get it now and don't let them off the hook!  

Ordered last night. $48.99 was this list price and only got a $1 discount. Placed order and contacted customer service on the chat. They were great but didn't quite help and forwarded my issue to promotions. This morning I received an email stating they would not apply the 20% as it was alredying discounted. Contacted them on chat again, explained that their price currently is the list price, I didn't receive 20% off and after about 10 minutes, they will credit me back the difference once the item ships.

Lol my second CE shipped, will be here Tuesday. Guess the moment I get the first one in my hand tomorrow I'll start a return and send back the second one the moment it comes Tuesday.

I find it silly that its 100% easier for them to adjust the price on an order just placed less than a minute before, over one that you have had since November.

Just was able to get a refund of the price difference. They said no to email but chat fixed it right up for me. I think somewhere around 9 dollars on the Origins version. 

I got a rep to offer a refund super easy if I placed an order on the collector's edition, but I still couldn't pull the trigger.  He put a note on my account if I change my mind.  I already have the regular edition ready for pickup at BB tomorrow, but I'm a sucker for steelbooks.

Speaking of which, if anyone is getting in on the C.E. and is planning to split it up and is willing to trade the steelbook or sell it for a reasonable price, PM me!

So basically you guys are scamming Amazon by saying list price is $48.99 and they should take 20% off since you are a Prime member? I don't know if it's worth taking a hit against your account for that but to each his own.

If you have Elite or Elite Plus with BBY and GCU, you probably will be able to get a price adjustment to that price or cheaper anyway within 30 to 45 days, I am sure the prices will drop rapidly on Overwatch.

So best buy or another retailer should price match this, right? Because it's showing as 48.99 even when not signed in. And in cart as well.

So best buy or another retailer should price match this, right? Because it's showing as 48.99 even when not signed in. And in cart as well.
Yes but IF you have GCU it won't stack of course. Plus you won't get the $10 RZ because the game is out and can't be pre-ordered.

So basically you guys are scamming Amazon by saying list price is $48.99 and they should take 20% off since you are a Prime member? I don't know if it's worth taking a hit against your account for that but to each his own.

If you have Elite or Elite Plus with BBY and GCU, you probably will be able to get a price adjustment to that price or cheaper anyway within 30 to 45 days, I am sure the prices will drop rapidly on Overwatch.
Yeah, I gave it a try and when I was chatting I found the FAQ that said that Prime members can get up to 20% off list, but if it's already discounted you won't get more than 20%. If a Prime member orders the standard version, it will apply $1 for the Prime discount since it's already almost 20% off. Then, you'll get nothing for the CE since it's over 20% off.

The rep didn't seem to know exactly what was going on, since I was being told the price I was seeing was for Prime members only. That did not seem to be the case since I could sign out and get the same price.

For some reason I was expecting the Overwatch metal plate Best Buy is offering to be the size of something you'd stick on a refrigerator but was instead pleasantly surprised to see it's the size of an actual license plate.

For some reason I was expecting the Overwatch metal plate Best Buy is offering to be the size of something you'd stick on a refrigerator but was instead pleasantly surprised to see it's the size of an actual license plate.
For some reason I was expecting this to come out on Tuesday like every other game ever and now I can't do a last minute preorder. : /

bread's done
Back