(Ymmv) Overwatch: Origins 39.19 w/ prime (ps4/xb1)

poker360

Banned
Last edited by a moderator:
So basically you guys are scamming Amazon by saying list price is $48.99 and they should take 20% off since you are a Prime member? I don't know if it's worth taking a hit against your account for that but to each his own.

If you have Elite or Elite Plus with BBY and GCU, you probably will be able to get a price adjustment to that price or cheaper anyway within 30 to 45 days, I am sure the prices will drop rapidly on Overwatch.
Wouldn't have done it if they would have adjusted me my $9 on my first order after like 30 minutes of arguing. Not my fault they literally threw the discount at me within 30 seconds of making my second order.

Either way this CE looks amazing, so much quality to it. Had to be careful to not ruin any of the packaging. Now I just need to wait for my second one to come in tomorrow so I can return it lol

So basically you guys are scamming Amazon by saying list price is $48.99 and they should take 20% off since you are a Prime member? I don't know if it's worth taking a hit against your account for that but to each his own.

If you have Elite or Elite Plus with BBY and GCU, you probably will be able to get a price adjustment to that price or cheaper anyway within 30 to 45 days, I am sure the prices will drop rapidly on Overwatch.
Yes, although to be fair if their employees actually understood their own policy and said no I wouldn't have put a stink about it....I also wouldn't order the CE edition it since the $10 RZ cert + 20% discounts trumps their original price cut.

You underestimate Blizzard fanboys but I won't put up a stink about getting some money back if the price drops under 45 days

I see people going nuts about this game on twitter(I didnt pre order it, really wasn't sure what this game was all about) but it does look neat..are the servers better on the PS4 or XBOX ONE version, that way I know which one to buy

collectors back up to 129.99

sucks I didn't realize it didn't have release date delivery when I ordered it. Ships out today, will have Wed. Guess it'll give me a chance to check out the new division update tomorrow. 

Just ordered & chatted for mine :) So glad I could get this instead of Battleborn for the same price. Haven't played Battleborn but the reviews aren't great. I liked overwatch in beta and all my friends are playing this instead. Thanks for the thread!

[attachment=22062:image.jpeg]

Per the first post, you must contact customer service
You are aware that people constantly doing stuff like this is why they change policy and just stop doing stuff altogether. They used to have a 30 day price guarantee policy but people abused the crap out of it and they dropped it many, many moons ago. *shrug*

You are aware that people constantly doing stuff like this is why they change policy and just stop doing stuff altogether. They used to have a 30 day price guarantee policy but people abused the crap out of it and they dropped it many, many moons ago. *shrug*
The problem is, what people are doing isn't wrong. They have $48.99 as the only price on the product page. So that's the list price..... We are supposed to get 20% off list.

The problem is, what people are doing isn't wrong. They have $48.99 as the only price on the product page. So that's the list price..... We are supposed to get 20% off list.
That's not really true. I get your logic when the product page isn't showing the "normal" price, but it does show it in the search results and it's pretty obvious since Prime members get a $1 discount applied on checkout to the $48.99 price (since $48.99 isn't 20% off, they take off an additional $1 to get you to 20% off).

From their FAQ: "The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?

Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price."

In order to go with this being "ok", everyone has to bend logic to convince themselves $48.99 isn't a "discounted" price. Not that I care - for those that can get a rep to do this, more power to them. But, it isn't an Amazon "mistake" that an additional 20% isn't being taken off the $48.99 price. I definitely thought there was a case to be made before I saw the FAQ.

Just got an automated $38 refund on my collector's edition after support refused to acknowledge the price change and that if fell under PPG. One even acted like I was looking at the wrong item. The kicker is I only requested $9 to bring it to the $94.99 sale price.

I'm on a website who's main goal is to share exploits and glitches on video games and I'm mad as hell that people are exploiting this!

giphy.gif

That's not really true. I get your logic when the product page isn't showing the "normal" price, but it does show it in the search results and it's pretty obvious since Prime members get a $1 discount applied on checkout to the $48.99 price (since $48.99 isn't 20% off, they take off an additional $1 to get you to 20% off).

From their FAQ: "The game is already discounted, do I still get 20% off at checkout?
Yes, Prime members get at least 20% off list price on new physical video games during pre-order and two weeks after launch. If the game is discounted less than 20%, Prime members get the full 20% off at checkout. If the game is already discounted more than 20%, Prime customers get the lower price."

In order to go with this being "ok", everyone has to bend logic to convince themselves $48.99 isn't a "discounted" price. Not that I care - for those that can get a rep to do this, more power to them. But, it isn't an Amazon "mistake" that an additional 20% isn't being taken off the $48.99 price. I definitely thought there was a case to be made before I saw the FAQ.
I get what you're saying, but it's their fault. It's wrongful advertising. They could fix the issue by simply including the "list price" of $59.99 on the main page, but for some reason they aren't on this game and Uncharted still..... All other "discounted" games still have the 59.99/$59.96 etc list prices listed.

I emailed Amazon yesterday and asked if I could get the 20% off the $94.99 for the PC CE. They replied saying that they don't adjust prices after the item has shipped. I didn't push the matter any further. This morning I got an email saying they would be refunding me $37 under the preorder price guarantee policy. Got my PC CE for $73!

I emailed Amazon yesterday and asked if I could get the 20% off the $94.99 for the PC CE. They replied saying that they don't adjust prices after the item has shipped. I didn't push the matter any further. This morning I got an email saying they would be refunding me $37 under the preorder price guarantee policy. Got my PC CE for $73!
Do you have a 26% tax rate? Damn.

Looks like Amazon is now giving us the middle finger on even the 7-day post-purchase price adjustments:

http://www.recode.net/2016/5/23/11746112/amazon-price-drop-adjustment-refunds

This looks like a recent change and why they're fighting you tooth and nail against them.
Sucks for the customer, but I'm glad it basically puts scumbag companies like that out of business. I'm not sure why I think it's a scumbag company, but the fact that it's a service and not a product rubs me the wrong way. I don't think I'd have any problems with it if those companies sold software that alerted people to when prices dropped on their orders.

Do you have a 26% tax rate? Damn.
No it's 6.75%. It looks like they just refunded me the difference plus tax of $129.96 - $94.99. My initial total paid was $111.01 and the amount they refunded was $37.33, giving a total paid of $73.68.

If they had given me the 20% off $94.99 the total for that plus tax would have come to $81.12. Looks like they errored in my favor :)

No it's 6.75%. It looks like they just refunded me the difference plus tax of $129.96 - $94.99. My initial total paid was $111.01 and the amount they refunded was $37.33, giving a total paid of $73.68.

If they had given me the 20% off $94.99 the total for that plus tax would have come to $81.12. Looks like they errored in my favor :)
Ah, read it as $37 off of $95. That makes more sense.

How are folks contacting customer service? Do they have a chat feature that I cannot find?
Go to help at the bottom of the page, and then contact us.

I find the complete opposite to be true. The foreign ones have always been a complete nightmare to deal with
The ebay foreign reps are a nightmare. "You need to work with your buyer," when your buyer sends back a snapback in a box after buying $500 air jordans. They won't budge unless you fax that police report on their asses.

Just got an automated $38 refund on my collector's edition after support refused to acknowledge the price change and that if fell under PPG. One even acted like I was looking at the wrong item. The kicker is I only requested $9 to bring it to the $94.99 sale price.
He thought you were talking about the wrong item because he doesn't really understand English. They look for keywords and then go off of a script, and people wonder why Donald J. Trump might be the next president. Outsourcing has destroyed this country, even NASA has been hit by outsourcing and a result you have Russia is doing more of the rocket shit these days.

Did not get in on this deal as I already had my copy paid off but just posting that this game is the most fun I have had in ages with a shooter. Absolutely love it and cannot wait to see what Blizzard will do with this franchise moving forward.

It's a bit weird but thanks to the Pre-Order Guarantee, Amazon brought down my CE to $76. Not too shabby. Was a serious PITA and had to argue with five moronic reps to get it though. I hope I don't have to do that again. But for now..."We're all soldiers now!"

I get what you're saying, but it's their fault. It's wrongful advertising. They could fix the issue by simply including the "list price" of $59.99 on the main page, but for some reason they aren't on this game and Uncharted still..... All other "discounted" games still have the 59.99/$59.96 etc list prices listed.
Or they could just reword their policy as MRSP instead of List Price

I know it's not policy, but has anyone got Best Buy to price match AND add the GCU discount? I missed the pre-order bonus :(

Go to help at the bottom of the page, and then contact us.

The ebay foreign reps are a nightmare. "You need to work with your buyer," when your buyer sends back a snapback in a box after buying $500 air jordans. They won't budge unless you fax that police report on their asses.
He thought you were talking about the wrong item because he doesn't really understand English. They look for keywords and then go off of a script, and people wonder why Donald J. Trump might be the next president. Outsourcing has destroyed this country, even NASA has been hit by outsourcing and a result you have Russia is doing more of the rocket shit these days.
YUK YUK YUK !!!! you really think Donald Trump really going to bring jobs back, that's if Americans haven't fled the country first

No company is ever going to pay 10$ for someone to answer your phone call. Customer service is actually a expense companies do not need or want.

Go sell shit on Ebay, and tell me once you get tired of answering customers inquires, thats if you don't shoot yourself first.

People don't complain where there is a pricing error that favors them but are first in line to complain when a pricing error goes against them.

If this game started at 60 and dropped to 50, in a couple weeks its probably going to go on sale somewhere else

Yea, this is a difficult YMMV.  Two chat reps denied, both citing that the $48.99 is already discounted.

Has it been a recent change that Amazon doesn't show the original price with a strike-through next to the discounted price?  I feel like it had always shown that before.

I know it's not policy, but has anyone got Best Buy to price match AND add the GCU discount? I missed the pre-order bonus :(
I believe story policy for Best Buy is to not add GCU to any price-adjusted stuff.

Of course, it's also YMMV since people have definitely gotten GCU on top of the price adjustment sometimes too.

All this bs and a used copy pops up at my local gamestop. One %10 coupon, one %20 coupon and a $5 coupon. 34.28 out the door. I'm okay with that. Integrity and pride intact

Thanks OP, got my order in, but since I live in Hawaii it won't arrive until possibly early next week.

My question is can I get a copy from Walmart so I can play it today and return the Amazon sealed copy back to Walmart when it arrives? Not sure if Amazon has a special case or if it's a normal case.  

As long as if your Walmart isn't selling a Hawaiian Roll Edition, you should be fine.

Tried talking with chat they are not budging how did others get this adjusted?
Same here. I tried to explain, politely, why the listing is confusing but they would only repeat that the list price is $59.99 and the 18% discount was for everyone, with Prime members getting an extra 2%. Ended up canceling.

$40 is my sweet spot for this game, so I don't mind waiting. Wish Blizzard would have released a $40 digital-only edition for consoles though.

Congrats to those that managed to get the price corrected!

I believe story policy for Best Buy is to not add GCU to any price-adjusted stuff.
Of course, it's also YMMV since people have definitely gotten GCU on top of the price adjustment sometimes too.
Success!

Just placed my order via phone for in-store pick-up, $39.19 price matched with zero resistance. Sweet. She had to manually calculate the price after I explained the GCU discount always stacking with sale prices. It's also possible she was just being nice since I also have $20 worth of reward points that I can't convert to certificates, due to them currently upgrading their system. But so far I have had perfect service every time I've called them. YMMV but I'm impressed.

(Same goes for Amazon too though, before GCU switched me to Best Buy)

They wouldn't let me do it, they said one or the other.. I wonder if I didn't pre order if I could of pulled it off.

YUK YUK YUK !!!! you really think Donald Trump really going to bring jobs back, that's if Americans haven't fled the country first

No company is ever going to pay 10$ for someone to answer your phone call. Customer service is actually a expense companies do not need or want.

Go sell shit on Ebay, and tell me once you get tired of answering customers inquires, thats if you don't shoot yourself first.

People don't complain where there is a pricing error that favors them but are first in line to complain when a pricing error goes against them.

If this game started at 60 and dropped to 50, in a couple weeks its probably going to go on sale somewhere else
Where did I say I believed Trump dumbass? Reading comprehension is a lost art these days, or unless you're just another sperg looking to start a flame war.

I thought long and hard about the merits of purchasing the Collector's Edition, then I found out someone's selling the Visual Sourcebook, Postcards & Soundtrack for $55 and I had a bit of Paypal credit, so I ended up gettin' the latter.  I'll get the game at some point, as the beta was decent; I don't have a membership for either Prime or GCU, so paying more to get this game for $48 seems impracticable.

bread's done
Back