YMMV: Wal Mart Enternal Sonata 19.82

Jimmy Electric

CAG Veteran
I was at the Boardman, OH Wal Mart today and they had a bin full of 19.82 games, found one copy of enternal sonata for 19.82 good lcuk to everyone looking for this game at there local wal marts

[quote name='Jimmy Electric']I was at the Boardman, OH Wal Mart today and they had a bin full of 19.82 games, found one copy of enternal sonata for 19.82 good lcuk to everyone looking for this game at there local wal marts[/QUOTE]

Did it ring up 19.82? Or was it tagged at 19.82 and they had to override the price?

[quote name='Jimmy Electric']I was at the Boardman, OH Wal Mart today and they had a bin full of 19.82 games, found one copy of enternal sonata for 19.82 good lcuk to everyone looking for this game at there local wal marts[/quote]

I don't usually make fun of a typo, but when I saw this I thought to myself: INTERNAL SONATA!

What did it ring up as??? God I hate Wal-Mart, but if they have Eternal Sonata at $20, I'll suck it up and take the plunge. Ugh...

[quote name='zephie']I don't usually make fun of a typo, but when I saw this I thought to myself: INTERNAL SONATA![/quote]
Haha! I think it would have to be an AO rated game with that title lol!

Damn, thats a deal worth checking out. Then again, I can't ever remember seeing a 360 game in a clearance bin at my Wal Mart.

I'll join in on the same question:

Did it actually ring up as $19.82 or did you have to point and shout "Nu-uh, game bin!!?"

The last thing I'll do is haggle for price in a Wal-Mart...

if he gives us a reciept scan i'm going consider him god lol

I bet he's going pull a fast one and just say he lost his "reciept" ~__~

Dear Lord, I wish this was good at my Wal-Mart. It's hard to find this game new for anything less than $60. Which really sucks as I expected it to do poorly and go down in price fast.

[quote name='PyroGamer']Dear Lord, I wish this was good at my Wal-Mart. It's hard to find this game new for anything less than $60. Which really sucks as I expected it to do poorly and go down in price fast.[/quote]

I think GameCrazy sells it for $40 new and $30 used. I haven't gone to check myself, but I remember Scorch saying something about a price drop.

[quote name='zephie']I think GameCrazy sells it for $40 new and $30 used. I haven't gone to check myself, but I remember Scorch saying something about a price drop.[/quote]

And if you buy a controller the used one is 50 percent off!

[quote name='uglyteradon']And if you buy a controller the used one is 50 percent off![/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot about that! If this deal turns out to be a bust (like that $5 FFT last week), maybe you can score a used copy at GC for $15 + the cost of a controller.

Walmart is always a YMMV of the OMG variety

Seriously Old XBOX games are still full price at mine

Well, Wal-Mart surprisingly came through with Shining Force EXA and Grim Grimoire at $19.82. Hopefully they can do it again.

Ah, the infamous YMMV was appended to the thread. How quaint.

Edit: mea culpa. Thanks for the receipt scan, OP. Will give it a go at my local Wal Marts, assuming CService isn't too lazy to look up the SKU. Will report back with the results.

--BF

Zhanmado I don't know but do wal marts even price match other wal marts?
on weds. I am hitting two more wal marts in the area if they have any I will pick them up for trade or people can buy them off me at cost plus shipping. if anyone is interested PM and I will let know if I find anymore. I figured I have used this site to get tons of deals I wouldn't know about so just trying to help out when I found a good deal

I would think it was probably in a 20 dollars or under bin as I've seen a few of those at Walmarts around me. They're so unorganized though that I usually give up looking through them after a couple of minutes.

Denied at Newport News, VA WM and it was OOS at Hampton. NN claimed the receipt was a fake. If you've another, more complete and uncropped scan, OP, I'd appreciate it. Mgr @ NN claimed if I returned with a "legitimate" receipt, he'd match it.

--BF

[quote name='baruflea']Denied at Newport News, VA WM and it was OOS at Hampton. NN claimed the receipt was a fake. If you've another, more complete and uncropped scan, OP, I'd appreciate it. Mgr @ NN claimed if I returned with a "legitimate" receipt, he'd match it.

--BF[/quote]

Hey man Im in the virginia beach area, I will be heading to try my walmart

Yes, if you do have an uncropped receipt, that would be perfect. I mean, of course blur out your CC number if you used one.

You'll be my hero if I can get ES for $20.

Poor,

Cool. I'm not too far from Newport News, so it was a quick trip to the Jefferson Avenue WM and Hampton was a quick trip down 64. Luck to you on getting the game. Let us know what happens, eh?

--BF.

ahh wal-mart how I love the lucky ones that stumble into this very very ymmv deals, I believe it never happens for me but I shall give the 3 wal-marts within my area a go and report my findings tomorrow.

that is one amazing deal on a game i really want to play! this is a huge ymmv but i wont hurt trying. going to walmart tomorrow.

Will do. I'll report back once I get back from WM.

--BF.

[quote name='Zhanmadao']sweet Tell us if it's successful baruflea I'll head to my city of shitty(industry) walmart[/quote]

No luck tonight at the NN, VA WM. The manager who agreed to the pricematch had left for the night, and the damn employees there declaired it's a regional deal and wouldn't match it. I'll return over the next couple of days, trying to find this manager--he'll be in and out the next couple of days--and see what happens.
--BF

[quote name='baruflea']No luck tonight at the NN, VA WM. The manager who agreed to the pricematch had left for the night, and the damn employees there declaired it's a regional deal and wouldn't match it. I'll return over the next couple of days, trying to find this manager--he'll be in and out the next couple of days--and see what happens. F'ing WM.

--BF[/quote]

I can't believe he even entertained the thought of PMing this for you anyway. I mean, it isn't the same city, state, or even region?? You were lucky to get even that far.

[quote name='the ender']I can't believe he even entertained the thought of PMing this for you anyway. I mean, it isn't the same city, state, or even region?? You were lucky to get even that far.[/quote]

True enough, but what kind of CAG would I be if I didn't give it a concerted effort? I'm not far from two WMs, so I'm going to return and try again.

--BF

Ok, So I did some digging. Apparently all the walmarts wont get this price update until tomorrow. The representative I talked to said that they do not do price changes until tomorrow so it will be worth looking into tomorrow. Some might have the price update by a fluke but by and large the group wont get this update until tomorrow.

Second I called the number on the receipt. GOD I hate wal-mart. I HATE walmart. I was put on hold not to be answered again 3 times. When I finally got to electronics I said the name of the game and they said "Yeah I don't think we have that game" without even looking. I asked if they would go ahead and look it up in their computer and they said "yeah yeah" put me on hold and didn't pick back up. Anyway, for fun if you would like, call the number listed on the receipt and try for yourself! I'll report back if I get the game for the lucky 20 tomorrow.

:rofl:

I'll call the # on the receipt just for fun, since I've already been jerked around by local WM employees. I might as well give some back to some somewheres else. :D:applause:

Thanks for the information about the price change. It'll be a little ammo for my return trips to track down the elusive PM'ing manager who "left for the night." I bet he was in the back taking a smoke or some such, and all had a hearty guffaw at my expense.

--BF

bread's done
Back