Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

@jerm78:

You got a crazy collection there!

I'll have to take some pics of mine. Pales in comparison to some of your collections. (o_O)

I'll probably upload a quick vid as well (on my Tester casting call page). =P

Yeah the lego Mario could be recreated fairly easy , though if I were to do it I think I would double up the pieces since it acts as a bookend.

here is my collection, wii is other room and all other gaming stuff is in closet. not as big as most but i like it. i made the shelfs and entertainment center. collection is at 240 games.
p1020638i.jpg

[quote name='jedeyeben']to Camelking: I like the vintage Mt Dew bottles! Something no gamer can go with out.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen glass Mt. Dew bottles. Very nice Camel.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']I took pics of everything tonight... In the case I get robbed I want to have proof so I can get all my stuff back... I've put a lot of time and money into finding these deals..

http://s558.photobucket.com/albums/ss24/Gucci_Mane_La_Flaire/MyCollectionasof7-27-10/

[/QUOTE]

for all the blasting they do in the other threads, you have a pretty damn good collection. big money hustlas and killer clowns from outer space complete wipe out the fact that you own kung pow.

This is about 1/4 of my collection. I just keep out stuff I play and have the rest boxed up. Like the ps1 games pictured are about 1/4 of the total I have, I just kept out the ones I like to go back and play on occasion.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game4.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game3.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game2.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game1.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game5.jpg

This is the rest of the games boxed up down with my comic storage.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/Gargus/game6.jpg

Have some more in the garage loft with my systems I need to get down and organize sometime soon but was to lazy to take pics.

Probably about time I got in on this.. Things have shifted a bit since I took these pics, but everything is mostly in the same place.

[IMG-L=6425]15656[/IMG-L]

My main TV, hooked up to the PS3 and 360 (the Wii is in the family room). The secondary TV is in case I want to watch TV or a DVD while I'm playing something.

[IMG-L=6425]15658[/IMG-L]

Shelves for most of my current-gen games. This shot focuses on my small collection of FF play arts figures as well as the bitchin' FFVI pixel art.

[IMG-L=6425]15661[/IMG-L][IMG-L=6425]15662[/IMG-L]

The collection in general. I don't have a good shot of all the PS2 games in the white shelf, but there's a ton of them. This is all current gen stuff except for the GBA (as you can see these are all in printed DS cases) and PS2 games. Since I took this pic I've moved the Wii games into the family room to go with the system, and the GC games to the retro shelf.

[IMG-L=6425]15666[/IMG-L]

My retro TV. You can't really tell the spacing from these pics, but this is the area behind my couch, where I've got my computers, etc (didn't bother to post pics of those). All hooked up to this TV (via 2 AV hubs): PS2, PS1, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, N64, Gamecube.

[IMG-L=6425]15664[/IMG-L]

Top of the retro shelf. PS1 games and some collectors stuff (since I took this pic, I've moved a lot more of my swag up there). Those boxed SFC games, in case you can't see, are Chrono Trigger, DQ V-VI, and FF IV-VI. At present, my Gamecube collection has also migrated over here.

[IMG-L=6425]15665[/IMG-L]

SNES, Genesis, N64 games. As you can see by the few loose carts I'd gotten a bit lazy about making cases when I took the pic (I've since caught up). These are all cart-only except (obviously) the ones you see the original box alongside.

Well, that's the collection. It's not as big as some on CAG, but I'm pretty pleased with it. :D I realize its hard to make out the individual titles, but if you're curious (probably not) my full list is here and here.

Damn, Beev, I've always wondered why people are so interested in pixel art, but you put it to damn great use. It really pops out with your game collection. And I'll just be the first to say here that your custom cases look pretty damn good, too.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Damn, Beev, I've always wondered why people are so interested in pixel art, but you put it to damn great use. It really pops out with your game collection. And I'll just be the first to say here that your custom cases look pretty damn good, too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kirb!

Yeah, dbm does fantastic work. He's actually making me some Chrono Trigger ones right now, which I may put on the retro shelf. I'm not sure how other people use them, but I'm very pleased with the way they turned out displayed this way.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering whether it's a coincidence that the cast of FFVI is arranged in the order they join your party.. It's not. :D

[quote name='bvharris']
Oh, and in case anyone's wondering whether it's a coincidence that the cast of FFVI is arranged in the order they join your party.. It's not. :D[/QUOTE]

That's dedication. Lol

[quote name='bvharris']Probably about time I got in on this.. Things have shifted a bit since I took these pics, but everything is mostly in the same place.

[/QUOTE]

Nice SG set ^^

[quote name='Squarehard']Nice SG set ^^[/QUOTE]

Fun fact: That's actually a working Stargate, but the average Stargate fan is too fat to even get an arm through. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Thanks Kirb!

Yeah, dbm does fantastic work. He's actually making me some Chrono Trigger ones right now, which I may put on the retro shelf. I'm not sure how other people use them, but I'm very pleased with the way they turned out displayed this way.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering whether it's a coincidence that the cast of FFVI is arranged in the order they join your party.. It's not. :D[/QUOTE]

what are they made out of and how much did this person charge?

[quote name='Animal7390']what are they made out of and how much did this person charge?[/QUOTE]

The person they are referring to is deadbodyman (http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=149217), and the cost depends on what you request from them. If you're interested he tosses them up during his lowballs of random ones he had made, or if you want to request it personally of something specific you want, he can do that too, but I can't quote you the exact cost since it depends on what you want.

[quote name='Animal7390']is this rack the bigger version of this one?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atlanti...+Oak/6374906.p?id=1077624680370&skuId=6374906[/QUOTE]

I have been collecting for years and literally have over 500 games, most from the NES, SNES, Genesis era. That being said, I have a few questions. Is this rack good for older boxed games and NES games?

Are there any suggestions for shelving for both actively used systems and video games? I am very close to running out of room....In fact, it's getting cluttered.

Oh boy, more fans of the pixel art. I snapped a few of the ones I had right on hand. The flash kind of effed the colors a little bit, but you get the idea.

CIMG0425.jpg

CIMG0424.jpg

I also made a huge Samus one from Super Metroid before. If you know the size of the little work space you get with the beads - it was about 5 of those high and two wide.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']I have been collecting for years and literally have over 500 games, most from the NES, SNES, Genesis era. That being said, I have a few questions. Is this rack good for older boxed games and NES games?
Are there any suggestions for shelving for both actively used systems and video games? I am very close to running out of room....In fact, it's getting cluttered.[/QUOTE]
I use the slightly bigger version of this rack, and it houses my retro games awesomely.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I use the slightly bigger version of this rack, and it houses my retro games awesomely.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]
Nice collection, how many lunars' you got there?

[quote name='TiKi2']Nice collection, how many lunars' you got there?[/QUOTE]
Two copies of Lunar 2 shown there with one copy of Lunar: SSSC. It's a slightly oldish picture and have since got rid of the second copy which was missing the pendant.

^ Hehe I currently have 2. Had 3 complete copies of Lunar 2 till I sold one.

We bought 3x 41 qt tupperwear thingies from Target last weekend for like $5~$6 a piece. We put all our old systems from garage sales in there, filled them up about 90%. They're now hidden away and the clutter is gone =P

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I use the slightly bigger version of this rack, and it houses my retro games awesomely.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/QUOTE]

You're right, it does look awesome. Where did you get it, and how much?

[quote name='IkilledLassic']You're right, it does look awesome. Where did you get it, and how much?[/QUOTE]

I got it from Bestbuy, but they have since dropped it from the site. I checked a few weeks ago to buy another one and was surprised to see it gone. Just for reference if it ever comes back, the link was here.

Edit: I paid about $91.50[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] for it, so it was a great deal compared to the smaller one since this holds 1080CDs or 504DVDs.
[/FONT]

What are the little beady things used to make pixel art called? I remember making things with them when I was a kid but I have no idea what they were called.

[quote name='mistymayem']What are the little beady things used to make pixel art called? I remember making things with them when I was a kid but I have no idea what they were called.[/QUOTE]
Perler beads?

I am pretty much completely out of space now. I've already added two extra rows on top of the shelf I had been using for awhile, and the other shelf is completely full now. I only have some space for some DS/PS1 games atm, and then that's it. I just wish my room wasn't so compact. I can't really fit in another stand, maybe a small one, but that's about it. Thought about mounting shelves above my TV, but then I talked some sense back into myself so that idea is out the door. I guess I'll just have to figure it out ~_~.

cimg0153d.jpg

^ You have more games for the DS alone than I do for every single system I've ever bought in my life, combined (starting with the SNES in the early '90s, and I don't even sell or trade in my games).

Also, do you people keep games in their cases, or do you put them into a CD binder and just keep the empty cases on shelves?

[quote name='lmz00']
Also, do you people keep games in their cases, or do you put them into a CD binder and just keep the empty cases on shelves?[/QUOTE]

This is a very good question... The paranoid side of me thinks it would be better to put the discs in a binder in case of a fire or the apocalypse were to start up (So I could save my precious collection). My other paranoid half of the brain thinks having it in a binder would make it oh so easy for a thief to walk away with my precious collection. Aw screw it, I'll just set up more gun turrets, proximity mines and trap rivets.

[quote name='lmz00']Also, do you people keep games in their cases, or do you put them into a CD binder and just keep the empty cases on shelves?[/QUOTE]
I keep all my games in their original cases except for DS games.

I keep all of them in their cases since my backlog is so huge that there is no chance of me playing these games that often anyways to not have them in their cases. It takes awhile to try and finish games, so they aren't popping on and off the shelf all that often for me to justify having the games in a binder for easier access.

In cases, or else what are you going to do about sealed games?

Also, binders can potentially put too much pressure on a disk, or scratch them when you slide them in and out.

I have no intention of playing/opening my sealed games, so those stay in their cases. It isn't about being paranoid, I just like having all of my games for a particular system in one case by the TV, so I can swap out whenever I want. It's just been the way I've done things since the PlayStation days. Plus, it keeps the actual cases in mint condition, since they get put away immediately after taking out the discs, never to be looked at again.

I do keep my DVDs and Blu-rays in their cases, though.

man this thread is awesome. always wondered what other gamer collections looked like. i'll have to post some of mines also. not very great compared to some on here. :)

[quote name='Squarehard']I am pretty much completely out of space now. I've already added two extra rows on top of the shelf I had been using for awhile, and the other shelf is completely full now. I only have some space for some DS/PS1 games atm, and then that's it. I just wish my room wasn't so compact. I can't really fit in another stand, maybe a small one, but that's about it. Thought about mounting shelves above my TV, but then I talked some sense back into myself so that idea is out the door. I guess I'll just have to figure it out ~_~.[/QUOTE]

You're neglecting that space behind the door to your room. It doesn't need to open all the way. I bet you could fit another 14 in x 10 in shelf behind there.

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']You're neglecting that space behind the door to your room. It doesn't need to open all the way. I bet you could fit another 14 in x 10 in shelf behind there.[/QUOTE]

Ironically I was actually contemplating that for awhile too, but decided in the end probably not a great idea, lol.

I did find a small stand that I could wedge between my computer and my sub, but it's too tall and my window shutter doesn't open correctly, so I have to trim it down in size.

I'll post pictures of the additional set up once it's all done ^^.

[quote name='Squarehard']I am pretty much completely out of space now. I've already added two extra rows on top of the shelf I had been using for awhile, and the other shelf is completely full now. I only have some space for some DS/PS1 games atm, and then that's it. I just wish my room wasn't so compact. I can't really fit in another stand, maybe a small one, but that's about it. Thought about mounting shelves above my TV, but then I talked some sense back into myself so that idea is out the door. I guess I'll just have to figure it out ~_~.

cimg0153d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

that big one, what rack is it?

[quote name='bvharris']I might just have to take the leap and get that thing eventually, I'm always running out of space and having to re-organize my games.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. There used to be an earlier version of this stand that Atlantic released where the base board was too short, and one of my friends who had one told me you had to mount it to keep it from falling forward, so glad they came out with this one, although I think most stores discontinued this guy, so it may be harder to find in stores. There's a smaller version of it in stores now, but it definitely wouldn't do the job knowing all the stuff you have :p

[quote name='Squarehard']It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. There used to be an earlier version of this stand that Atlantic released where the base board was too short, and one of my friends who had one told me you had to mount it to keep it from falling forward, so glad they came out with this one, although I think most stores discontinued this guy, so it may be harder to find in stores. There's a smaller version of it in stores now, but it definitely wouldn't do the job knowing all the stuff you have :p[/QUOTE]
Yea I agree. I was talking about the same shelf earlier in the thread, but I have been overjoyed with it so far. As you mentioned, the bigger baseboard made it so I didn't need to attach it to my wall, and there it is extremely stable.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. There used to be an earlier version of this stand that Atlantic released where the base board was too short, and one of my friends who had one told me you had to mount it to keep it from falling forward, so glad they came out with this one, although I think most stores discontinued this guy, so it may be harder to find in stores. There's a smaller version of it in stores now, but it definitely wouldn't do the job knowing all the stuff you have :p[/QUOTE]

I assume it's not that hard to put together? Is the back solid and attached, or is it one of those flimsy cardboard pieces you have to nail on?

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Yea I agree. I was talking about the same shelf earlier in the thread, but I have been overjoyed with it so far. As you mentioned, the bigger baseboard made it so I didn't need to attach it to my wall, and there it is extremely stable.[/QUOTE]

I probably would have gotten a second one back in the day if I actually had space, but oh well. Now I'm just wedging in stands wherever I can find space.

[quote name='bvharris']I assume it's not that hard to put together? Is the back solid and attached, or is it one of those flimsy cardboard pieces you have to nail on?[/QUOTE]

The back is that flimsy kind of board, and if I recall it's a couple of pieces, but they give you nails to nail into the back of the stand, so it doesn't stay flimsy. Everything else is pretty self explanatory, although I think the hardest part might actually be putting in the board on the back since there are no aligning or markers to where to nail them in, so you either have to measure, knock on wood before you nail, or just guess randomly. I didn't have much of a problem with it, but some may :p

[quote name='bvharris']I assume it's not that hard to put together? Is the back solid and attached, or is it one of those flimsy cardboard pieces you have to nail on?[/QUOTE]
It's really easy to put together, just takes a little patience since it's large.
The back is cardboard, but it is fairly sturdy and thick compared to most stuff I've had before.

bread's done
Back