Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Edwin29']My daughter would love this...where you got them? or are they really hard to find now?[/QUOTE]

I just looked on ebay, and they aren't exactly in the child's toy price range IMO:whistle2:#

[quote name='Edwin29']My daughter would love this...where you got them? or are they really hard to find now?[/QUOTE]

He didn't want to declare the value at the airport to avoid paying taxes, you don't want to know how he smuggled them in here. Lets just say he had a light snack on the airplane ride back home. >_

[quote name='skiizim']wtf?!?! I'm still throwing away my daughters squinkies![/QUOTE]

You could be throwing out thousands of dollars 10 years down the line!?

I think my favorite one is the Daruma doll hamster. Hilarious.

[quote name='Squarehard']You could be throwing out thousands of dollars 10 years down the line!?

I think my favorite one is the Daruma doll hamster. Hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Long story short, went to seaworld when I was a kid, parents gave me $20 dollars for food, saved my money and starved all day so I can buy a Zelda LTTP guide, I had a hole in my pocket and somebody else was $20 richer. Lesson learned, I'll get over the squinkes but not over the guide!

[quote name='Squarehard']Yeah, I just looked too, and yeah...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Limited-New...287?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51a9cc963f

>_>[/QUOTE]

On snap, what's this song?

Ohhh... chika chika chika, when you're in a jam. Tricky tricky tricky, remember I'm your ham. Bada bada bada, when you need a man. Oh daba daba daba, remember I'm your ham.

Somebody find me a video. I don't know what that song is called but it's so fucking adorable.

[quote name='Vinny']I used to love SC because it was so accessible to people who suck at fighters (like me). I remember how much fun it was making characters in SCIV... I remember making Iron Man, Shantae, Crono, Luna (Lunar) and a few other obscure ones. I was so looking forward to SVC because of the more in depth character creator but I just couldn't play the game and quit after 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur is my favorite fighting game franchise. It seems I'm in the minority for thinking V is amazing and way better than IV though it took me a while to get used to the drastic changes and get the feel for it (I suck at fighting games too).

Guinaevere, nice DS collection! Looks like that copy of Monster Tale is sealed? You should play it if you haven't already - game is gdlk

[quote name='guinaevere']You're a strange man, pooky.

(I thought people would be giving me grief over having games like Hi! Hamtaro after I posted my collection. Instead, I've been turned into a Hitchcock starlet. CAG obeys none of the universe's laws.)[/QUOTE]

more like

tl;dr

[quote name='Edwin29']Oh well, definitely not a girl's toy with that price. LOL[/QUOTE]

but perhaps a womans toy?

[quote name='kayne2000']more like

tl;dr

but perhaps a womans toy?[/QUOTE]

No... My wife would prefer to play with expensive shoes :lol:

[quote name='Edwin29']No... My wife would prefer to play with expensive shoes :lol:[/QUOTE]

that was the key part of my joke women love expensive toys aka shoes, dresses, etc

[quote name='kayne2000']who still uses watches? what are you 100??? lol[/QUOTE]

You would be surprised, I have a few watches but I don't wear them much since I'll bang it all over the place. They have become quite the accessory and have become part of mens fashion.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I'd wear a watch, but each and every time I've ever owned one it's been lost to a sleepy head not taking it off before taking a shower[/QUOTE]

I wear a cheap Casio watch most of the time. I still need to go out and pick up my 4th band for it. I paid more for the wristbands on this thing than the watch itself. LOL

It's a great little watch, though. Waterproof, digital, and the battery lasts, what seems like, forever.

[quote name='skiizim']You would be surprised, I have a few watches but I don't wear them much since I'll bang it all over the place. They have become quite the accessory and have become part of mens fashion.[/QUOTE]

perhaps but they seem impractical if you have a cell phone. im sure i have a few watches ive gotten over the years but i never use them just more in that endless "useless presents ive gotten from family over the years" pile

who doesn't wear a watch? it's man jewelry and most every one in the office and people I meet on a professional basis wear a watch. It would be strange to see a man's naked wrists.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']
It's a great little watch, though. Waterproof, digital, and the battery lasts, what seems like, forever.[/QUOTE]

I got this little casio for something more retro/fun. sort of old school. don't have the heart to wear a calculator watch :)

casio_watch.jpg

Regarding DS collections, when did the value of Electroplankton tank? I see it everyone's collection and remember is used to fetch $80 on ebay a few years ago. Did I miss a reprint?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Regarding DS collections, when did the value of Electroplankton tank? I see it everyone's collection and remember is used to fetch $80 on ebay a few years ago. Did I miss a reprint?[/QUOTE]

I've also been wondering this. It's $10 at gamestop, when it used to be $60+ and impossible to find:roll:

[quote name='kayne2000']who still uses watches? what are you 100??? lol[/QUOTE]

Dude, watches are super trendy right now (and have been for some time). Plus, as a designer, I tend towards that sort of jewel-like gadgetry ;)

[quote name='skiizim']I guess he just doesn't like watches or maybe he's just as exciting as this guy...
464.jpg
[/QUOTE]

oh Al, how I miss you and your flannel shirts:applause:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I've also been wondering this. It's $10 at gamestop, when it used to be $60+ and impossible to find:roll:[/QUOTE]

I think it might have something to do with the flood of Chinese Bootlegs that hit ebay a few years ago.

Prompted by the bad enonomy these last 5 years and the tanking price, more people sold their copies thus inflating supply and putting more downward pressure on the price. According to VGChrtz they only printed 10,000 copies for North America but that's a large number if only 9,000 people world wide care about owning a legit NTSC copy.

The game is not that great (in terms of replayability at least) so without the allure of being valuable, only collectors or hard core Smash Bros fans are going to care about owning it.

Honestly I have no Idea, but it's fun to speculate:)

[quote name='wasabi5858']who doesn't wear a watch? it's man jewelry and most every one in the office and people I meet on a professional basis wear a watch. It would be strange to see a man's naked wrists.[/QUOTE]

seems obsolete what with phones everywhere that tell time.

i do admit even when i was a child and people said wear a watch so you know what time it was i at best stuck in my pocket and used it for that purpose as i hated wearing them. but now days they just seem obsolete. i also never got into man jewelry or found it appealing.

If you're still wearing a watch it's not that much longer till you probably have to upgrade one to a bigger face. Same thing with your cell phone, you will need one with bigger buttons.

I wore a watch before cell phones. Now it's just a fashion statement. I don't wear any jewelry either. I think it's mainly middle aged men that still wear them.

Man... this thread got derailed fast.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Regarding DS collections, when did the value of Electroplankton tank? I see it everyone's collection and remember is used to fetch $80 on ebay a few years ago. Did I miss a reprint?[/QUOTE]

I think it's probably because the whole fad with "non-games" (Brain Age, Nintendogs) died and additionally, because Eletroplankton itself was not worth more than $5.

Electroplankton is on my to buy list... but it isn't a high priority. I passed on one for $20.00 yesterday.

I'll be posting a new collection update soon, probably next week. Waiting on a few shipments first.

[quote name='Vinny']Man... this thread got derailed fast.

I think it's probably because the whole fad with "non-games" (Brain Age, Nintendogs) died and additionally, because Eletroplankton itself was not worth more than $5.[/QUOTE]

when does this thread not derail fast?

next thing you know well be talking about what watch to wear while building shelves....

[quote name='kayne2000']when does this thread not derail fast?

next thing you know well be talking about what watch to wear while building shelves....[/QUOTE]

...in the shower...

[quote name='OrangeArmy']I think it might have something to do with the flood of Chinese Bootlegs that hit ebay a few years ago. [/QUOTE]That's my thought as well.

[quote name='Bing147']Anyone know a good site for printing ds covers? I have a ton for casing and the cover project has a very limited selection.[/QUOTE]

might try vgboxart.com, that's all I know. also, be sure to check the raw scans section of the cover project, they have some covers that aren't available in search

[quote name='ZombieToast']What, no Monster Rancher? Shame on you. Shame...[/QUOTE]

i know im going to regret this but what terrible game is this???

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']...in the shower...[/QUOTE]

the way real men build shelves

[quote name='aptanor']I also noticed Tetris DS fell pretty drastically in value. Did it get a reprint, or is it the same deal with Eletroplankton?[/QUOTE]

Same deal.

The bootlegs during that time really drove the prices down on a lot of Nintendo published titles.

[quote name='Squarehard']Same deal.

The bootlegs during that time really drove the prices down on a lot of Nintendo published titles.[/QUOTE]

Hmm..Well it really stinks for the owners of legitimate copies, but I'm glad I can get a real copy now for a reasonable price. Ive always wanted to try Electroplankton, but not for $80.

[quote name='Squarehard']Same deal.

The bootlegs during that time really drove the prices down on a lot of Nintendo published titles.[/QUOTE]

sad it takes bootleg copies to bring prices down to reasonable.

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Hmm..Well it really stinks for the owners of legitimate copies, but I'm glad I can get a real copy now for a reasonable price. Ive always wanted to try Electroplankton, but not for $80.[/QUOTE]

likewise. I've passed on a lot of DS games because for whatever reason, more than $20 for a handheld game seems to much to me (except Professor Layton:bouncy:). Always wanted to get Tetris DS, thanks for the price heads up:)

Just a heads up to everyone looking to pick them up now too that there are still a ton of bootlegs floating around, so be very sure you know how to spot the difference between bootlegs and real when you are out there purchasing, or purchasing from someone online. Regular sellers without common knowledge may have purchased one themselves and are selling them online, so it's not just look out for the China sellers anymore. Just be aware. ;P

[quote name='Squarehard']Just a heads up to everyone looking to pick them up now too that there are still a ton of bootlegs floating around, so be very sure you know how to spot the difference between bootlegs and real when you are out there purchasing, or purchasing from someone online. Regular sellers without common knowledge may have purchased one themselves and are selling them online, so it's not just look out for the China sellers anymore. Just be aware. ;P[/QUOTE]

well there is a copy of Tetris DS fulfilled by amazon for $12. Legit you think?

I think it is about time for me to do some re-arranging and putting some of my bigger box CE's in the storage closet/utility closet. I know I said like a month ago I would post collection pics after my PS2 collection teaser... It is quite sad when my Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition and MGR Revengeance CE have to sit on the floor in front of one of my shelves...

If I can tear myself away from Gears this weekend, I will get on that and post some new pics up :)

Moving into a new townhouse with a basement. Gonna throw the projector down there where it's dark and have a nice 10' screen. Hopefully I can display all my movies and games rather then store them in there kids closet like I've been doing the past 2 years.

Going to have to build a screen somehow I think. Can't paint the screen on the wall due to it being textured. Will see if the wife lets me build some shelves down there.

So yeah, I should be posting and no longer a lurker in this thread.... I'm excited!

bread's done
Back