Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Slightly OT, but I thought someone here might know:

Any tips on getting the officially licensed stickers off game cases? Not like GameStop stickers, I mean the silver NFL/MLB/etc stickers on sports games.

I bought a bundle of PS2 games to get certain games and the rest were old sports titles. The cases are actually in really nice shape and I'd like to swap them out for some of my other games with worn cases, but the licensed product stickers are a little more serious than GameStop ones.

Nice collection LetsKiss, makes me glad I'm not the only one with a relatively small collection (in comparison to other in this thread, and it's still a good deal better than mine).

Not really any advice for you BlindingLights I'm afraid. I remember trying to get a LOTR sticker off the Return of the King case and eventually just gave up out of frustration. Whatever they used to put those stickers on is STRONG:hot:

Hey, letskissthesky has an NES "Power Set", too! Suddenly, I don't feel so alone!

Nice collection, dude. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have 2 NES's?

[quote name='letskissthesky']Here's my game setup. It's modest and not as big as some, but I like it. I just need more room and more $$$ so i can expand it.

image-7.jpg

Systems under TV.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think you should put a TV that heavy on a cart with wheels. The base looks bent, but I'm not sure if that's due to the design or because of the stress.

Very nice collection.

[quote name='blindinglights']Slightly OT, but I thought someone here might know:

Any tips on getting the officially licensed stickers off game cases? Not like GameStop stickers, I mean the silver NFL/MLB/etc stickers on sports games.

I bought a bundle of PS2 games to get certain games and the rest were old sports titles. The cases are actually in really nice shape and I'd like to swap them out for some of my other games with worn cases, but the licensed product stickers are a little more serious than GameStop ones.[/QUOTE]

Those stickers are basically permanent. Even if you take them off, they'll leave that part of the case with a very visible imprint. If you want to try, remove everything from the case and pour a few drops of Goo Gone on the sticker's edges and slowly use your nails to lift the edges, and letting the Goo Gone penetrate under the sticker.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Hey, letskissthesky has an NES "Power Set", too! Suddenly, I don't feel so alone!

Nice collection, dude. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have 2 NES's?[/QUOTE]

I have one too. It's even got the original registration paper with the original owners information filled out... I actually don't know what to do with it. Part of it adds to the authenticity of the item, but it's got personal information of a family of three kids.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Hey, letskissthesky has an NES "Power Set", too! Suddenly, I don't feel so alone!

Nice collection, dude. If you don't mind me asking, why do you have 2 NES's?[/QUOTE]

I actually just got the power set and second NES yesterday from my uncle. He wasn't using it and just gave it to me. I also got 4 more controllers and the multitap too. I was surprised the power set was like new. The pad still smells like new plastic.

I never really thought about the weight of the TV on that stand. It's been on that stand for forever and I know it meets the weight requirements. It would be such a pain if it didn't have the wheels, cause I have to move it to get behind it sometimes.

Actually now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure the angle of the picture makes it look bent. Because it doesn't look bent when I'm looking at it Normally.

[quote name='blindinglights']Slightly OT, but I thought someone here might know:

I bought a bundle of PS2 games to get certain games and the rest were old sports titles. The cases are actually in really nice shape and I'd like to swap them out for some of my other games with worn cases, but the licensed product stickers are a little more serious than GameStop ones.[/QUOTE]

I know I may sound like a broken record to some of you, since I've only posted this like a dozen times, but I 110% swear by this stuff and it won't soak into the cardboard box/paper parts and ruin it them Orange Oil/Goo Gone will (thought Goo Gone canbe great for all just the plastic stuff). You can get it at craft and art supply stores like Michaels.

http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress....oration-guide-1-removing-stickers-from-carts/

[quote name='letskissthesky']Actually now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure the angle of the picture makes it look bent. Because it doesn't look bent when I'm looking at it Normally.[/QUOTE]

What's strange about that is camera lens distortion should make it appear bend in the opposite way (convex vs concave), which would make me think it's even MORE bent than it appears in the pic :(

[quote name='letskissthesky']Here's my game setup. It's modest and not as big as some, but I like it. I just need more room and more $$$ so i can expand it.[/QUOTE]

P.S. This thing works well on fabric chairs =)

asj-050b_1z.jpg

[quote name='elessar123']P.S. This thing works well on fabric chairs =)

asj-050b_1z.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Haha. I vacuum that chair all the time. But that cat sheds Like a beast and that's where he sleeps.

I may need to take a look again and take the wheels off that cart. Thanks guys.

[quote name='letskissthesky']Haha. I vacuum that chair all the time. But that cat sheds Like a beast and that's where he sleeps.[/QUOTE]

Not criticizing you; we have cats =P

Alf is always top shelf in my book. I like the Butters as well. Supported by the most condensed awesome original Xbox collection.
[quote name='letskissthesky']
image-15.jpg

Top of shelf.
[/QUOTE]

Added New Super Mario Bros. Wii to my collection tonight and KH2 should be here tomorrow. That's it for game purchases for me for awhile. :whistle2:(

Paid 34 and some change for NSMBW at Gamestop pre-owned. Came with the case, manual, and the disc was in extremely good shape. Not an absolute steal, but a good price.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Added New Super Mario Bros. Wii to my collection tonight and KH2 should be here tomorrow. That's it for game purchases for me for awhile. :whistle2:(

Paid 34 and some change for NSMBW at Gamestop pre-owned. Came with the case, manual, and the disc was in extremely good shape. Not an absolute steal, but a good price.[/QUOTE]

you should post new purchases in this thread, as it seems more appropriate;)

[quote name='wiggyx']NES games finally creeping onto the shelves...

C07A8228-DB7A-4C3D-8993-3CCDB9F3DB94-3164-000002358DE236D7_zps145e17bd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Gotta say I really like the look of the NES games. They have that simple minimalistic feel. The more you show these UGC's and your printed covers, the more I wanna join and do it myself haha.

Found your post on thecoverproject. I like the pixelated characters on the front as well. Very nice idea.

Hm... I guess I feel the opposite way. I like the consistency of the other backgrounds, rather than having a different color for each game.

[quote name='dodgeme']Gotta say I really like the look of the NES games. They have that simple minimalistic feel. The more you show these UGC's and your printed covers, the more I wanna join and do it myself haha.

Found your post on thecoverproject. I like the pixelated characters on the front as well. Very nice idea.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

Yeah, do it! There's something really satisfying about casing games up like this IMO. Plus, toss in a silica gel packet and you've got a great way to really help preserve your games ;)

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... I guess I feel the opposite way. I like the consistency of the other backgrounds, rather than having a different color for each game.[/QUOTE]

Being that these are SO minimal, I really needed to have something else to help differentiate each game from the next. Plus, it apes original NES covers in that there was no sort of template save for the original black box games.

I can totally understand people not digging it though. I got really mixed opinions on TCP (which was expected).

[quote name='Bing147']They kind of remind me of the Criterion Collection... I like.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Going for more of a book-look ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']those NES games look NIIICE!!!

Makes me wish I had a NES collection[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Honestly, a big part of why I grabbed some NES games was so that could make covers. I've had this minimalist template floating around in my head for a while and have been just dying to put it to use :)

Guess who just hit 100 games!
See below for recent pickup list, collection's at the bottom.
Blue Rescue Team
Devil Survivor 2
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Tetris DS
(and a $2 gift card)
Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Gates to Infinity
LM: Dark Moon
Tetris Axis
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon White V2
Red 3DS XL

The collection:

[quote name='wiggyx']

Being that these are SO minimal, I really needed to have something else to help differentiate each game from the next. Plus, it apes original NES covers in that there was no sort of template save for the original black box games.

I can totally understand people not digging it though. I got really mixed opinions on TCP (which was expected). [/QUOTE]

Well, I meant that I think it would have looked better if you stay with an overall uniformed design. Like... have have all the backgrounds be grey (NES grey... or whatever you want) and then make the text/names different colors based on the games themselves, like have "Legend of Zelda" in gold and "Super Mario Bros." in red, etc.

These actually remind me more of the old Atari boxes, due to the color/font use.

Of course, none of this is to say they look bad in any way.:D

[quote name='biblioman']Guess who just hit 100 games!
See below for recent pickup list, collection's at the bottom.
Blue Rescue Team
Devil Survivor 2
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Tetris DS
(and a $2 gift card)
Chrono Trigger
Kingdom Hearts re:Coded
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon
Fire Emblem Awakening
Etrian Odyssey 4
Gates to Infinity
LM: Dark Moon
Tetris Axis
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Mario Party DS
New Super Mario Bros. DS
Pokemon Conquest
Pokemon Soul Silver
Pokemon White
Pokemon White V2
Red 3DS XL

The collection:
[/QUOTE]

Nice! PLanning on casing any of them up, or do you like them loose?

[quote name='Vinny']Well, I meant that I think it would have looked better if you stay with an overall uniformed design. Like... have have all the backgrounds be grey (NES grey... or whatever you want) and then make the text/names different colors based on the games themselves, like have "Legend of Zelda" in gold and "Super Mario Bros." in red, etc.

These actually remind me more of the old Atari boxes, due to the color/font use.

Of course, none of this is to say they look bad in any way.:D[/QUOTE]

Well the design is completely uniform, just not the color ;)

Like I was saying, it's not for everyone, and really, that's a good thing. If we all liked the exact same shit, then it'd be a pretty boring world!

[quote name='Drclaw411']I think I'm gonna order some UGCs soon.[/QUOTE]

Careful, it can be seriously addictive!

[quote name='wiggyx']Nice! PLanning on casing any of them up, or do you like them loose?

Well the design is completely uniform, just not the color ;)

Like I was saying, it's not for everyone, and really, that's a good thing. If we all liked the exact same shit, then it'd be a pretty boring world!

Careful, it can be seriously addictive![/QUOTE]

Didnt you have a guide for UGCs? Like what kind of paper and printer etc? Thanks!

I don't specifically have one of my own, but there are lots of guides and whatnot on TCP.

I personally use this paper:

Epson Enhanced Mattre Paper CHEAP

You get 2 UGCs and 3 DS cases from each sheet when trimmed down to 8.5x13 and 6x13 respectively. People often complain that the Epson paper I use is pricey, but when you do the math, it's often cheaper than the middle of the road legal-sized stuff that a lot of folks on TCP use but it's a 5 star paper ;)

My printer is nothing special. It was like 400 bucks when it came out 5 or so years ago, but you can get me for cheap on Amazon at this point.

Canon ip4300 on Amazon

Rock solid little printer and can also print on CDs/DVDs with a little tinkering (US model doesn't out of the box, but with a quick flash of the EU firmware you're good to go!)

[quote name='wiggyx']I don't specifically have one of my own, but there are lots of guides and whatnot on TCP.

I personally use this paper:

Epson Enhanced Mattre Paper CHEAP

You get 2 UGCs and 3 DS cases from each sheet when trimmed down to 8.5x13 and 6x13 respectively. People often complain that the Epson paper I use is pricey, but when you do the math, it's often cheaper than the middle of the road legal-sized stuff that a lot of folks on TCP use but it's a 5 star paper ;)

My printer is nothing special. It was like 400 bucks when it came out 5 or so years ago, but you can get me for cheap on Amazon at this point.

Canon ip4300 on Amazon

Rock solid little printer and can also print on CDs/DVDs with a little tinkering (US model doesn't out of the box, but with a quick flash of the EU firmware you're good to go!)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Oh yeah do you use scissors or a paper trimmer?

[quote name='Vinny']Hm... I guess I feel the opposite way. I like the consistency of the other backgrounds, rather than having a different color for each game.[/QUOTE]
Most people on here would most likely agree with you. Everyone seems to have such raging hard-ons for uniformity whereas I think collections look a lot better if there's some variety in the colors. But hey, we all gotta do what makes us happy.

I'm on both sides really. The rest of my cased games use a single template color scheme. My Geneiss games are super homogenized. All red spine, all white titles. In fact, the diagonal stripes on the spine are designed so that they all line up when placed together. I just gotta mix it up sometimes ;)

30E51FDF-A210-4838-8C3C-BC3C624034B1-3405-0000025C4B6CF0CF.jpg

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']wow, $60 for 100 sheets!:hot:[/QUOTE]

Well, it's 5 star paper. Plus, think of it as 60 for 200 sheets, since that's effectively what you're getting (since each 13x19 sheet will yield 2 printouts).

[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Thanks! Oh yeah do you use scissors or a paper trimmer?[/QUOTE]

Xacto knife, straight edge, cutting matte. Scissors will get you uneven edges and it'll take you forever. You can grab a .99 box cutter, use any straight edge you can find, and then a sheet of non-corrugated board to cut on if you wanna do it on the super cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='aTaRiFrEaK223']Thanks! Oh yeah do you use scissors or a paper trimmer?[/QUOTE]

Since I've started on my casing kick, I really prefer the guillotine style paper cutter. I have a nice one at work that I can use to do all my cutting.

Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.

[quote name='wiggyx']Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Do you own any CIB SNES or GENESIS games?

I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Most people on here would most likely agree with you. Everyone seems to have such raging hard-ons for uniformity whereas I think collections look a lot better if there's some variety in the colors. But hey, we all gotta do what makes us happy.[/QUOTE]

No, what everyone else does is wrong. Only I'm right. Me.

[quote name='wiggyx']Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.[/QUOTE]

Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westcott-12-Paper-Trimmer/22875643

[quote name='wiggyx']I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.[/QUOTE]

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:whistle2:k

I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.

[quote name='Vinny']
Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Westcott-12-Paper-Trimmer/22875643

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

That cutter would prolly do the job just fine for the covers :)

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

DSC00744-1.jpg

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

[quote name='dodgeme']I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I didn't suggest one :/ Sorta serious equipment made of a giant chunk of steel LOL!

[quote name='wiggyx']

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

DSC00744-1.jpg

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

[/QUOTE]

Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.

Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.

[quote name='Vinny']Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That's me being an OCD box keeper even as a 12 year old kid :p

[quote name='Mako1215']Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, SNES is killer pricey anymore :(

Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.

[quote name='centarian07']Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I should probably count my stars that I bought some of the last year. I paid way more than you did but they're all going for a lot more now. There's still a dozen or so that I want that I put off because they weren't that expensive but even their prices are ridiculous now.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm pretty much down to $50+ games on my must-have SNES list now. Kills me :([/QUOTE]

If you don't mind me asking, what's left on your must have list?

Not at all!

I guess they're not ALL quite 50+, but pretty damned close :/

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Aero fighters
Battletoads
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Breath of Fire 2
Captain Commando
Contra 3
Demon's Crest
Double Dragon 5
EVO
Final Fight 3
Imperium
Joe & Mac 2
Lufia 1 & 2
Metal Warriors
Mr. Do
Ogre Battle
Oscar
Pocky & Rocky 1 & 2
Return of Superman
Sim City 2000
Sonic Blast Man 2
Soul Blazer
Sparkster
Sunset Riders
Super Double Dragon
Super Smash TV
Top Gear 3000
War of the Gems
Wild guns

Some of those are on my list too, I need to compile what I have. I used to buy so many dupes because I didn't know what I had.

wtf.... Aero Fighters got crazy expensive.

Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.

Edit: Lol, even my Doom complele that I paid a few bucks for is now close to $50. What's with the massive hikes?

[quote name='elessar123']Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.[/QUOTE]

That's probably why he said "I guess they're not ALL quite 50+".;)

Welp... I've run out of room again. I'm cleaning things up a bit but will have some pics posted soon.

^^^ yes, this.

There are others I want as well, but that's pretty much the "need" list as of now.

I'm never gonna own a copy of Aero Fighters again (sold my old copy in college) unless I find one at a garage sale or something. No way I'm paying 400+ for a loose cart. 100* is already beyond my sensibilities.

Aero Fighters. Have to keep that in mind. Probably would have picked it up if I ever found it anyway, cause of the Vlogbrothers. Still, good to know.

bread's done
Back