Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

It still blows my mind how E.V.O. quadrupled in price; it's more expensive than Earthbound now.

I have about 1/2 of those. I wish I could find Hagane though. And been looking for EVO for years.

And as a side note for those of you looking for something to keep organized, there's an iPhone app called MyStuff2 that is great. It's basically Access. I had an access database and imported it. If anyone gets it, I can export the database I have to you. Just reset all 'owned' values and your set to go.

Managed to find some extra space for a midget shelf!
photo1xa.jpg

photo3juj.jpg

^^^ Gonna start collecting loose Gameboy games or something? :p

[quote name='Macheezmo']It kills me knowing that I used to own a lot of those, including EVO.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, same here :/

[quote name='Vinny']Having a shelf that small seems kinda pointless... you can easily stack some games there instead.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, it's probably only going to be there until I'm out of space again and then have to upgrade, so temporarily it'll just be that space.

Also might just stack extra stuff on top too. It holds 40 DVDs, so it's not terribly small, but like I said before, it'll probably get chucked as soon as I decide I'll need more space. ;D

Yeah, but you need more space like ever 3 minutes... so by now, that spot is already packed and you need a new shelf.:lol:

[quote name='Vinny']Yeah, but you need more space like ever 3 minutes... so by now, that spot is already packed and you need a new shelf.:lol:[/QUOTE]

I ran out of space between this post and the last. :*(

[quote name='wiggyx']Transparent disco floor storage. Next big thing, I'm tellin' ya.[/QUOTE]

Gotta say that'd be pretty epic.

Well, it's no disco storage, but it'll get me by until I fill it back up again.

DVDs are off the shelves and will HOPEFULLY find a new home soon.

D0A089F1-30B7-4B7D-8B42-86529A6A4FC3-2142-000001FB6D597F89_zpsb77cb28f.jpg

That makes room for the ol' game collection which has been growing sorta out of control lately. This leave me with a fair amount of room. Still have about 30 SNES games to case, about 30 NES, 15 Genesis, a handful of N64, and now I've got GameGear games to sort out too thanks to a trade. They're gonna fill up quickly...

C3ED7A81-E1E7-4444-A48B-615B9764476E-2142-000001FB69273F83_zps87f0931b.jpg

03A064D7-7A4F-4AE0-AD34-978DC27B1180-2142-000001FB6459D5DF_zpsc3c647ac.jpg

That's what everything I looked at suggested too. I guess I'll look at getting a mess of them. There was a pretty good tutorial about modding those DS cases to fit virtual boy and game gear games. Both of which I could use.

Wow,great collections. Wish i had room to properly store/organize my collection like that. Most of mine is in the closet, or in under bed storage tubs.

Crap, I didn't know EVO had gotten so valuable. I picked up a cart only copy at a yard sale last summer, and haven't even tried it yet. Maybe i'll have to trade it off.

[quote name='wiggyx']I'm a big fan of trades ;)[/QUOTE]

Translation: I have a certain job skill that lets me whore myself out with it, in return I get games as payment.

Did I make good sense of that?

I've got games!

Um, not really.

I just like trading for stuff. I really don't do much in the way of trading for my services. I find that games and game-related stuff don't really help pay bills :p

man you guys have great collections...does anyone know who are some of the best makers for statues/toys, aside from Sideshow Collectibles?

[quote name='diishen']man you guys have great collections...does anyone know who are some of the best makers for statues/toys, aside from Sideshow Collectibles?[/QUOTE]

Bowen

I can't believe those SNES prices... Holy crap.

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.

[quote name='encendido5']I can't believe those SNES prices... Holy crap.

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.[/QUOTE]

Before I put all mine in totes, the best thing that I did was buying a humidifier and a couple damp-x things. Also I ran an air purifier and I hardly had to worry about dust at all.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Before I put all mine in totes, the best thing that I did was buying a humidifier and a couple damp-x things. Also I ran an air purifier and I hardly had to worry about dust at all.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you know what's funny is I suffer from allergies too and I never even thought of running an air purifier. Any recommendations? I'm going to start doing research on that now haha.

[quote name='Mirpkered']Before I put all mine in totes, the best thing that I did was buying a humidifier and a couple damp-x things. Also I ran an air purifier and I hardly had to worry about dust at all.[/QUOTE]

What kind of air purifier? We had one of those... ion charge things but that didn't seem to help with the dust.

I used to work at RadioShack so I got the LifeWise brand since I got a huge discount on items that were part of the RadioShack brand. Then when they went on clearance I bought another. They worked great.

[quote name='encendido5']I can't believe those SNES prices... Holy crap.

Anyway, how often do you guys clean the dust and how? (Can of air, feather duster, microfiber towel, etc.) It's a pain to have to take the games down to wipe them down every time. Not to mention the Lego models I have.[/QUOTE]

Old T-shirt dampened with some soapy water. I just wipe across an entire row at once. My shelves are really tight (from top of shelve to bottom), so stuff doesn't get dusty very often. Less room for it to sneak in ;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help[/QUOTE]

As long as you have lots of electronics in your room unfortunately dust will continue to build up fast. I clean every week because there's just so much dust build-up unfortunately. =\

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']my room has a REDICULOUS dust problem. I literally have to clean everything several times a day:cry: if anyone has a good cheap option, it would really help[/QUOTE]

Do you live in an apartment or a house? If you live in a house, make sure you're changing out the central air filters on a regular basis. They're cheap and they help keep the dust in the house under control. You can also buy nice reusable ones that you can just spray off with a hose outside when they need cleaning.

If you live in an apartment, especially an older one, it might not be that easy. My old apartment complex had been around for a long time and I once looked into the air ducts with a light and there were huge mounds of dust. It was awful. It looked like I was obviously the only person who ever lived there and knew about using air filters since there wasn't one when I moved in.

I couldn't afford to have a company come in and clean the ducts because it was pretty expensive, so I just had to do the best I could with a shop vac and a bunch of vacuum hose extensions hooked together. I think I filled it about four times by the time I was finished. Still had dust because I couldn't get it all, but I think it helped some.

At my current house, I dust every two weeks and it really doesn't build up that bad, I could probably push it to every three weeks if I wanted to. I change the air filters every other month, use Swiffers on electronics, and I get everything else with the the hose + brush attachment on the vacuum. The vacuum cleaner makes a huge difference because it's not just pushing the dust around. The only reason I use the Swiffers on electronics is because I don't want to create any static and ruin them.

Depends where in the world/country you live too, filter swap or no.

I dust MAYBE once a month in the winter, and about every 2-3 weeks in the (way too short) warm season.

Though I prolly should dust more often with my terrible allergies...

Well Wiggy, seeing all of your custom covers for so long has inspired me and I've decided to try my hand at making some for my Genesis games. Gonna pick up some UGC's down the road but I felt like messing around with photoshop tonight and tried my hand at this.

As epic as the original Musha art is, I just won a copy of the game cart only last night and figured that would be a good starting point. The one thing that always bugged me was the lack of uniformity in the Genesis covers with so many variants. I always was quite fond of the original black gridline design and decided to try and make a Musha cover on that.

It is not finished at the moment still gotta do the back but figured I'd give a quick look and see if anyone likes what I came up with so far.

QtnJKkQ.jpg

[quote name='dodgeme']Well Wiggy, seeing all of your custom covers for so long has inspired me and I've decided to try my hand at making some for my Genesis games. Gonna pick up some UGC's down the road but I felt like messing around with photoshop tonight and tried my hand at this.

As epic as the original Musha art is, I just won a copy of the game cart only last night and figured that would be a good starting point. The one thing that always bugged me was the lack of uniformity in the Genesis covers with so many variants. I always was quite fond of the original black gridline design and decided to try and make a Musha cover on that.

It is not finished at the moment still gotta do the back but figured I'd give a quick look and see if anyone likes what I came up with so far.

QtnJKkQ.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks solid!

You should hop on over to the TCP forums ;)

[quote name='Desousa93']Sorry for the pic quality it's from a (at least) 4y.o. cell phone
b49hqv.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks very nice. Those N64 carts look like they could fall with the slightest tap on that shelf though...

[quote name='GameNChick']
894993_357089787724140_2070122215_o.jpg

[/QUOTE]

This picture needs a caption. Great collection.

PS - subwoofers belong on the floor.;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']now I'm just wondering what you had to censor out;)[/QUOTE]

lol, its where I have family photos and graduation pictures and things of that nature

@Vinny: Thanks but they cant go on the floor, my little dogs would just pee on them xD

[quote name='GameNChick']@Vinny: Thanks but they cant go on the floor, my little dogs would just pee on them xD[/QUOTE]

I would teach the dogs not to pee in the house, but that's just me. :whistle2:k

[quote name='blindinglights']I would teach the dogs not to pee in the house, but that's just me. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

They don't usually, as they have learned to use the doggy door but they have an attitude (Yorkie and little Daschund). Whenever I leave they get mad and pee on certain objects because its like they're mad I left(its like im not supposed to lol).

But when I'm actually here, they're good and use the doggy door and no pee anywhere lol

Decided to go ahead and finish it up. Heres the final product. I'm quite happy with it. If I have the time and make a few more I may start posting over on thecoverproject. I'll have to get my hands on some decent paper and start printing these off.

3NPd2bg.jpg

Thanks again for the inspiration Wiggy. Nice to finally put my photoshop skills from high school to use.

[quote name='crpav']Recently moved into new house so took pictures of all my games and systems. I have 2 links. First is the original in order but are sideways for some reason. Second was fixed by someone but not in order. Not pictured is my Microsft X Box 360 racing wheel(like this one http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/1000047c.jpg/sr=1).

http://imgur.com/a/BUewH
http://imgur.com/a/eUceI[/QUOTE]

Very nice man.

I haven't seen any good boxed (actual boxes, not the generic ones) GB collections in ages... I know there were at least few people who had pretty decent sized boxed GB collections, but I can't remember who they were (Orange was one of them). I think up to ~200 GB/C/A I think...

bread's done
Back