Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Just a small little update. Made a Burning Force cover tonight and figured I gotta find some shelve space for them now. Realizing as I make more of these that Genesis games look so nice with a uniform design. Also thanks a ton to Wiggy for the Burning Force logo.

ny8DhFA.jpg

This has left me with a bit of a problem though. Now I wanna make covers for the majority of my games. Problem is, I have a long way to go.....and it looks like it may be time for 2 more of these stand up shelves to replace the big one I have my newer games on.

yCTNyZs.jpg

moved into our new townhouse last week. still a work in progress but I'm starting to get my basement/man cave planned out. I know wiggy had that shelf building thread however I can't seem to find it. anyways, as I'm a chef and don't have the skills to build things of wood I've attempted to build my own simple media shelves. (heck, I had to borrow a drill as I don't even own one of those). the two shelves I built are in the garage drying overnight as I stained them black. need to attempt to build a screen for my projector as we can't paint or make holes in the walls here. I'll try to take some pictures as the process unfolds. nothing fancy or oldschool I'm setting up.

so far the lumber cost me $13 (bought the cheapest wood), stain $11, and 1lb. of screws $3. I'm proud of my attempt, we will see tomorrow how they turned out

[quote name='wiggyx']Post your pet collection![/QUOTE]

frickin two cats, beta fish, ball python, leopard gecko, and a Russian tortoise......small zoo in the house of Usher here

Al ot of the other collections here put mine to shame haha. But sadly have to cycle things in and out to get things while I'm still in college haha.

But regardless, I still have managed to keep some things :D

Heavy on the anime related stuff, but have some games along with my record colection in there as well!

[quote name='shadowkast']frickin two cats, beta fish, ball python, leopard gecko, and a Russian tortoise......small zoo in the house of Usher here[/QUOTE]

a russian turtle eh not just a regular one lol.

[quote name='Omid Kanani']Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I'll be uploading the photos of my collection very soon.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CAG, hope you like it here:D

[quote name='Omid Kanani']Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I'll be uploading the photos of my collection very soon.[/QUOTE]

dont forget to post pictures of your cat collection too

[quote name='Vinny']I've said before that I don't really care for your custom NES boxes (compared to your other stuff, that is) but... that foil gold Triforce is such an awesome touch.:D

You ever think about adding something like that to each NES box? Maybe like a real cookie for Yoshi's Cookie?:p[/QUOTE]

If each game was as memorable or iconic, then yes, I totally would. By it's that get tricky when I get to games like MagMax and whatnot :/

[quote name='dodgeme']Just a small little update. Made a Burning Force cover tonight and figured I gotta find some shelve space for them now. Realizing as I make more of these that Genesis games look so nice with a uniform design. Also thanks a ton to Wiggy for the Burning Force logo.

http://i.imgur.com/ny8DhFA.jpg?1

This has left me with a bit of a problem though. Now I wanna make covers for the majority of my games. Problem is, I have a long way to go.....and it looks like it may be time for 2 more of these stand up shelves to replace the big one I have my newer games on.

http://i.imgur.com/yCTNyZs.jpg?1[/QUOTE]

Looks great! Happy you could make use of the logo!

Anyone use thinpak DVD cases ? I'm thinking about using those for my Disc only games without manuals.
Just curious of anyone has gone this route and how you like it.

[quote name='spamfree2']Anyone use thinpak DVD cases ? I'm thinking about using those for my Disc only games without manuals.
Just curious of anyone has gone this route and how you like it.[/QUOTE]

IMO you might as well just get a DVD sleeve book, as you would have a heck of a time having to resize covers to fit right, and it would be a pain trying to find anything. I'd say, normal size DVD cases with printed art, or a book. Just my thoughts;)

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']either the video broke, or you basically spent :21 filming what could have been said in a single pic.[/QUOTE]

Is the video not working, then? I go through 3 different rooms and many, many things. I'm quite sure that qualifies as more than a pic's worth... lol

(Also, it's 18 minutes long; it's clearly just not working for you.)

[quote name='Zaku77']Is the video not working, then? I go through 3 different rooms and many, many things. I'm quite sure that qualifies as more than a pic's worth... lol

(Also, it's 18 minutes long; it's clearly just not working for you.)[/QUOTE]

well that would explain it lol I almost wondered if it was a joke, but it's showing the rest now. My goodness:shock:

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']well that would explain it lol I almost wondered if it was a joke, but it's showing the rest now. My goodness:shock:[/QUOTE]

21 seconds of talking over a still picture... that would be a wonderful trolling, indeed. lol

Youtube is messed up lately.

I tried fast forwarding to 12 mins and it stopped playing like it was finished (showed me other videos to watch). If i hit restart it became a 12 min video. Prob something similar happened to Ninja

[quote name='spamfree2']Anyone use thinpak DVD cases ? I'm thinking about using those for my Disc only games without manuals.
Just curious of anyone has gone this route and how you like it.[/QUOTE]

Too thin :/

[quote name='Zaku77']Well, I am finally posting my collection. Because of my current setup, you can't make out nearly all of the games or steelbooks, but it at least gives you an idea of my 900+ game collection! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHxFyafEew[/QUOTE]

My god... I want to organize your stuff. Had to stop the vid after 5 minutes because of the clutter!

Also, you need a new entertainment stand, lol. Waaaaay too small for that TV.

[quote name='StryderOmega']My god... I want to organize your stuff. Had to stop the vid after 5 minutes because of the clutter!

Also, you need a new entertainment stand, lol. Waaaaay too small for that TV.[/QUOTE]

It's not a matter of organized or not (except for the floor, I'll give you that lol); there's just not enough room. Also, that stand is an antique that I am not get rid of haha. I'll do a new video when I get my own place, and it will be gorgeously organized and awesome! haha

[quote name='Zaku77']Well, I am finally posting my collection. Because of my current setup, you can't make out nearly all of the games or steelbooks, but it at least gives you an idea of my 900+ game collection! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoHxFyafEew[/QUOTE]

I can tell by the stickers that you were once a member of the Beanie Babies Collector's Club. I'm in the process of cleaning out my stuff at my parent's house and I stumbled upon my poster with those stickers on it. I was ashamed. I bought my Sega Dreamcast with money I earned by selling retired Beanie Babies, though, so that redeems me to some extent.

[quote name='Doomstink']I can tell by the stickers that you were once a member of the Beanie Babies Collector's Club. I'm in the process of cleaning out my stuff at my parent's house and I stumbled upon my poster with those stickers on it. I was ashamed. I bought my Sega Dreamcast with money I earned by selling retired Beanie Babies, though, so that redeems me to some extent.[/QUOTE]

Haha those were stuck on there a good 11 years ago, and I was, indeed. I was well proud of myself at the time, it's not really something I brag about these days... lol >_>

[/QUOTE]

I know we've seen quite a few videos here but until people get real video cameras and professional lighting: pictures > video.

Otherwise, great collection... I think.

EDIT* Your collection looks a hell of a lot bigger than 900. I'd love to see it in its full glory... and in pictures.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vinny']I know we've seen quite a few videos here but until people get real video cameras and professional lighting: pictures > video.

Otherwise, great collection... I think.

EDIT* Your collection looks a hell of a lot bigger than 900. I'd love to see it in its full glory... and in pictures.;)[/QUOTE]

I tell you what, when I re-do it after I move out and it's all organized, I'll snap photos to go with the video. Viewer's choice. ;)

(And thanks, of course haha)

You pet people make me not want to live with my gf.. her pets are "running away" if they eat or piss on anything. Im kidding about the running away but still

[quote name='Zaku77']I tell you what, when I re-do it after I move out and it's all organized, I'll snap photos to go with the video. Viewer's choice. ;)

(And thanks, of course haha)[/QUOTE]

Nice.:)

[quote name='Desousa93']You pet people make me not want to live with my gf.. her pets are "running away" if they eat or piss on anything. Im kidding about the running away but still[/QUOTE]

I don't have any pets but I doubt it's that simple... most animals I've seen love to jump and knock shit over.

It all depends on how you train them, and also how you have all your stuff laid out. Obviously the Ming vase shouldn't be on the kitchen table. ;D

[quote name='Doomstink']I can tell by the stickers that you were once a member of the Beanie Babies Collector's Club. I'm in the process of cleaning out my stuff at my parent's house and I stumbled upon my poster with those stickers on it. I was ashamed. I bought my Sega Dreamcast with money I earned by selling retired Beanie Babies, though, so that redeems me to some extent.[/QUOTE]

ah beanie babies. what was i thinking back then. though my whole family was in on it too. im sure there is a box put away somewhere labeled "family shame" with beanie babies in it.

[quote name='Squarehard']It all depends on how you train them, and also how you have all your stuff laid out. Obviously the Ming vase shouldn't be on the kitchen table. ;D[/QUOTE]

even the best trained animal will randomly jump on crap and i think all pets come with pre-implanted knowledge that says "ATTACK EXPENSIVE ITEM. THERE IT IS"

[quote name='kayne2000']
even the best trained animal will randomly jump on crap and i think all pets come with pre-implanted knowledge that says "ATTACK EXPENSIVE ITEM. THERE IT IS"[/QUOTE]

Of course training alone isn't going to be completely adequate, which is why you also need to do the latter just to be safe. ;D

I've got pugs and they're like the most retarded non-dog dogs out there, and they've NEVER knocked anything over. Sure, they've peed and pooped all over the house, but have yet to break a single thing.

If you're worried that things will get knocked over, then look into storage that's not knock-over-able ;)

[quote name='shadowkast']here is the finished shelf. upclose. now i gotta stock it.
[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty good for your first time building. It will look nice all filled up. Congrats on the move.

[quote name='Squarehard']Of course training alone isn't going to be completely adequate, which is why you also need to do the latter just to be safe. ;D[/QUOTE]

but if i cant keep my ming vase out on display to brag then why even have it?

Psht, shame is for the weak. Beanie Babies were amazing flips back in the day. My mom and I made a few thousand dollars on Erin and Diana alone. I've still got a trunk full of 99% of the Beanie Babies made before the crash when Ty retired everything and then flooded the market. There are only a few that I still care about, so I wish I would've sold most of them when they were still valuable, but it doesn't matter. With all of the money we made, every single one of those were free.

Disney beanies were hot for a little while too. As I sure I've probably said at some point on CAG, we once got a group together to stand in line two or three times outside of the Disney Store (I think in Thousand Oaks) because they were selling "signed" Merlin beanies. Basically, a guy dressed as Merlin would stamp a logo/signature onto the tag of a beanie and then you'd pay for it at the register. They only allowed one per customer and they were only available that day, so like I said, we went a couple of times. We spent hours there, but we ended up with a ton of them and with just one sale, we made enough money to pay for all of the beanies plus a profit. 'Twas a good day.

I also had some luck with Meanies, but they were a lot harder to come by because many stores didn't want to sell them. We lucked out with Puffkins because we started buying them long before they became popular, but that only lasted for a little while; people basically only collected them when they couldn't get Beanie Babies. Sadly, we didn't have any luck with Bamm Beanos. Because of the popularity of bears, we thought it would be smart to become official retailers (the waiting list for Beanie Babies was nearly endless), but people never took interest in them. I guess it's not so appealing when all of them are bears. Oh well...it was a small drop in the bucket compared to our success with other beanies.

So I built a new shelf a week or two ago, well I guess I just added on to an existing display case. Here is what it looked like before

After

I decided to go with adjustable shelves this time around.

And full, partially. I need to get around to making another shelf.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Psht, shame is for the weak. Beanie Babies were amazing flips back in the day. My mom and I made a few thousand dollars on Erin and Diana alone. I've still got a trunk full of 99% of the Beanie Babies made before the crash when Ty retired everything and then flooded the market. There are only a few that I still care about, so I wish I would've sold most of them when they were still valuable, but it doesn't matter. With all of the money we made, every single one of those were free.

Disney beanies were hot for a little while too. As I sure I've probably said at some point on CAG, we once got a group together to stand in line two or three times outside of the Disney Store (I think in Thousand Oaks) because they were selling "signed" Merlin beanies. Basically, a guy dressed as Merlin would stamp a logo/signature onto the tag of a beanie and then you'd pay for it at the register. They only allowed one per customer and they were only available that day, so like I said, we went a couple of times. We spent hours there, but we ended up with a ton of them and with just one sale, we made enough money to pay for all of the beanies plus a profit. 'Twas a good day.

I also had some luck with Meanies, but they were a lot harder to come by because many stores didn't want to sell them. We lucked out with Puffkins because we started buying them long before they became popular, but that only lasted for a little while; people basically only collected them when they couldn't get Beanie Babies. Sadly, we didn't have any luck with Bamm Beanos. Because of the popularity of bears, we thought it would be smart to become official retailers (the waiting list for Beanie Babies was nearly endless), but people never took interest in them. I guess it's not so appealing when all of them are bears. Oh well...it was a small drop in the bucket compared to our success with other beanies.[/QUOTE]

I still have a ton of beanies, and I still collect them somewhat, I enjoy getting the new turkey every thanksgiving and basically ones that I can put out during the holidays and use as decorations. I didn't do bad with them back in the day but I was like 12 and didn't have access to a computer or eBay but I sold what I didn't want years later for probably what I paid for them or more. I did have a couple good sales back in the day using the paper though. Overall it wasn't bad since I actually like the beanies and I wasn't doing it purely for profit, I didn't buy hundreds of them or anything like that.

The beanie fad was much more intense than any other fad I participated in, (except for maybe cabbage patch dolls or pound puppies in the 80s)!in recent years, pokemon, tamagotchi, webkinz, skylanders, you name it but beanies topped the list for demand by far. There were people lining up outside of shops for them almost every day. I can personally verify that the demand for pound puppies especially the newborns was hotter than fire but I still think the demand for beanies may have been more intense just because the fad lasted for longer I feel.

[quote name='stiner']So I built a new shelf a week or two ago, well I guess I just added on to an existing display case. Here is what it looked like before

After

[/QUOTE]

:applause:Much improved. That shelf on the left in the before pic could have fell and killed someone:hot:

[quote name='stiner']So I built a new shelf a week or two ago, well I guess I just added on to an existing display case. Here is what it looked like before

After

[/QUOTE]

Damn... that looks great. The top portion is like storage while the bottom glass part is to display awesome stuff.:applause:

I've been wanting to put the shelves up since I cleaned and painted the case back in october. But I got busy and it got cold outside. And after working in the cold all day you don't want to work in it in your free time...go figure.

MrNinjaSquirrel
It wasn't going anywhere. There were some screws holding it up, I wouldn't want my PS1 games toppling over on the floor!

[quote name='SaraAB']I still have a ton of beanies, and I still collect them somewhat, I enjoy getting the new turkey every thanksgiving and basically ones that I can put out during the holidays and use as decorations. I didn't do bad with them back in the day but I was like 12 and didn't have access to a computer or eBay but I sold what I didn't want years later for probably what I paid for them or more. I did have a couple good sales back in the day using the paper though. Overall it wasn't bad since I actually like the beanies and I wasn't doing it purely for profit, I didn't buy hundreds of them or anything like that.

The beanie fad was much more intense than any other fad I participated in, (except for maybe cabbage patch dolls or pound puppies in the 80s)!in recent years, pokemon, tamagotchi, webkinz, skylanders, you name it but beanies topped the list for demand by far. There were people lining up outside of shops for them almost every day. I can personally verify that the demand for pound puppies especially the newborns was hotter than fire but I still think the demand for beanies may have been more intense just because the fad lasted for longer I feel.[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, that was easily one of the hottest fads ever. Most fads like Tickle Me Elmo and Furby usually only last through the holidays. There's a huge demand, but then it becomes widely available a couple of months later and nobody cares. Beanie Babies, however, were hot for about four years. That's unheard of these days. And after being out long enough, almost every beanie was worth something, especially after it was retired. We used to go everywhere looking for those damn things...salons, gift shops, department stores, craft stores, candy shops, and even furniture stores. I'm still not entirely sure what made them so insanely popular, but at the time, it seemed like it would never end.

Although I would never collect them again, I do have fond memories of the ones I still own and my collection was more important than the profit. I absolutely refused to sell anything if I didn't already have one for my collection, even the rare ones. I don't feel the same way now, but back then, the hunt was the fun part. I still remember the day I got Lizzy (my favorite) out of someone's trunk in the parking lot of FuncoLand for $20. That was seriously the most I ever paid for a single Beanie Baby. Aside from that, we got away with never spending more than retail value because we knew all of the best stores, including some out in the middle of nowhere.

[quote name='ZombieToast']Oh yeah, that was easily one of the hottest fads ever. Most fads like Tickle Me Elmo and Furby usually only last through the holidays. There's a huge demand, but then it becomes widely available a couple of months later and nobody cares. Beanie Babies, however, were hot for about four years. That's unheard of these days. And after being out long enough, almost every beanie was worth something, especially after it was retired. We used to go everywhere looking for those damn things...salons, gift shops, department stores, craft stores, candy shops, and even furniture stores. I'm still not entirely sure what made them so insanely popular, but at the time, it seemed like it would never end.

Although I would never collect them again, I do have fond memories of the ones I still own and my collection was more important than the profit. I absolutely refused to sell anything if I didn't already have one for my collection, even the rare ones. I don't feel the same way now, but back then, the hunt was the fun part. I still remember the day I got Lizzy (my favorite) out of someone's trunk in the parking lot of FuncoLand for $20. That was seriously the most I ever paid for a single Beanie Baby. Aside from that, we got away with never spending more than retail value because we knew all of the best stores, including some out in the middle of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Anything collectible drives people bat shit crazy, this certain one just applied to broader and older audience. I think my mom got a few of the McDonalds one during the craze.

[quote name='Desousa93']You pet people make me not want to live with my gf.. her pets are "running away" if they eat or piss on anything. Im kidding about the running away but still[/QUOTE]

If you train it correctly, a dog will only chew shit up and piss on things the first year or two that you have it (when it's still a puppy). After that, all you get is the love and affection, which is worth a lot more than any physical items you can have. :D

Seriously though, pets are awesome. My dog chewed up well over $3,000 worth of my stuff, and I'd gladly let him do it again if that's what it took to get him back.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back