Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Same. I had a bunch of Nier guides no on CAG wanted, now they're like $40.
As you said they sell between $5-$40 on ebay.

Problem is you can only sell them on ebay. Good luck seeling strategy guides without ebay. No one wants them any more expect hardcore collectors.

Not to mention if they sell as low as $5 then your a fool if you think you´re getting $40.

I never understand why people use the high end as reference when there are listings in mint condition for way lower..

Like who is stupid enough to buy the one for $40 if the one for $5 is in the same condition? That´s why it doesn´t even make sense to say they sell bettween those prices. If it did and you had 5 of them then you´d be even a bigger fool for not cashing them in.

Í am glad I stopped buying strategy guides. They take up too much space and are useless. Way too hard to move them in bulk.

Last edited by a moderator:
As you said they sell between $5-$40 on ebay.

Problem is you can only sell them on ebay. Good luck seeling strategy guides without ebay. No one wants them any more expect hardcore collectors.

Not to mention if they sell as low as $5 then your a fool if you think you´re getting $40.

I never understand why people use the high end as reference when there are listings in mint condition for way lower..

Like who is stupid enough to buy the one for $40 if the one for $5 is in the same condition? That´s why it doesn´t even make sense to say they sell bettween those prices. If it did and you had 5 of them then you´d be even a bigger fool for not cashing them in.

Í am glad I stopped buying strategy guides. They take up too much space and are useless. Way too hard to move them in bulk.
I'm considering downsizing myself a bit - keeping all the CE guides, artbooks, for sure. Probably will only keep a few franchises, like Final Fantasy and Resident Evil for collector's purposes and maybe some RPGs

you can try selling in bulk on CL as well - i've gotten offers on there for my trade fodder at about $2 each, which might not be that bad a deal, but i'd need to weed through them to make sure there's no treasure first

Well I know I just posted fairly recently but I got a kick to reorganize my area a bit and I feel like the flow is much better now.

Here are some old pics for comparison first (these are fairly dated and didn't show everything I had but work for a good idea of the old flow).

8dNraTf.jpg

gqfjPjm.jpg

And, here is what I moved it around to. As you can see I've gotten rid of the chair as it was redundant and I wasn't using it. This freed up a bit of space and let me reorganize it to something a bit more desirable for myself. Sorry about the mess as well, didn't really care to clean up for a few pictures.

edFFxwP.jpg

Sorry, didn't realize this one was as blurry as it came out. Been fighting with the camera recently.

OfhFooK.jpg

KaZSqBb.jpg

The dog has taken a liking to my couch recently.

PSrsEJv.jpg

This was the biggest change, moved the desk to that spot in front of the closet that is covered with the curtain, don't really use it other then storage for stuff like boxes so I figured the desk could go there. Managed to find the 2 speaker stands at a thrift store the other day for $6.99 a piece. Helped me decide to move stuff around as I didn't have to use the desk as a speaker stand anymore. Also got rid of the crappy throw rug I had down so I moved my Blu-Ray shelves over here which I think looks way better then what I had going on before.

QTfIYnc.jpg

Finally added this gaming keyboard the other day. Been reading about mechanical keyboards and figured I may as well try one out and picked this up for $60 or so. Best decision I've made in a while. Has made even typing be more enjoyable.

Definitely opened everything up a bit more for me and I am much happier with this look.

That's an old school way of doing it. Those things used to sell at a premium in the early 90s...most have lost their value, but they have always been good for bookends. And yes, I know a lot about the value of things, but very little about video games values). ;)

I can get a ton of those insulators, as long as the police don't see me climbing the poles along the tracks.   The lines were taken down years ago but they never removed the insulators or the poles.  There's a span of about a mile of them.

[quote name="Invicta 61" post="11521858" timestamp="1392250037"]I can get a ton of those insulators, as long as the police don't see me climbing the poles along the tracks. The lines were taken down years ago but they never removed the insulators or the poles. There's a span of about a mile of them.[/quote]

My grandpas house was along a set of railroad tracks and there were tons of them just littering the area around.

Made space for another shelf, a small one, but freed up some space for more anime/games! :D

Will post collection update tomorrow. ^__^

If anyone cares or wants to see. I found some old pics of my action figures that were tacked on my wall and DVDs I had (not in shelving). Was before I bought twice the amount of figures and DVDs and before I put it all in storage, lol.

If anyone cares or wants to see. I found some old pics of my action figures that were tacked on my wall and DVDs I had (not in shelving). Was before I bought twice the amount of figures and DVDs and before I put it all in storage, lol.
Do it! :D

This is the collection thread after all, and not the shelving thread...wait, what ever happened to that thread? @_@

Here's my DVD collection: (Yup, just sitting there on the floor, lol.)

DSCN0155_zps4c8eb999.jpg

Some of my figures:

DSCN0159_zpsbd6945c5.jpg

Somewhat better pic:

DSCN0160_zps67393254.jpg

^These were taken in 2010. My collection, for both figures and DVDs has at least doubled.

Including more Halo, Gears of War, Street Figure, and assorted NECA figures and statues. Plus, a ton of GameStop posters from when i worked there.

What I have now: (Rest is in storage)

I'm a Batman/Pez Dispenser fan:

20140216_195110_zps6c81ba4d.jpg

20140216_195102_zpsa5613fd3.jpg

I can list most of my stuff though:

Collector's Edition:

Batman Arkham Origins (Shown)

Defiance GameStop Edition (Shown)

Aliens: Colonial Maries (Being mailed now)

Halo 3

Halo Reach

Mortal Kombat 2011 (Awesome bookends. Advise anyone to buy)

Killzone 3 (Just wanted the helmet and figure)

Gears of War 3

CE's and LE's without statues/figures:

Halo 4

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Devil May Cry 4

I'm sure I have other stuff, but since it's been in storage for years, I forgot most of it, lol.

Some of my figures:

DSCN0160_zps67393254.jpg

^These were taken in 2010. My collection, for both figures and DVDs has at least doubled.

Including more Halo, Gears of War, Street Figure, and assorted NECA figures and statues. Plus, a ton of GameStop posters from when i worked there.
Do you have any more pictures of your Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures in the top right corner of this picture? I can see you have at least two more stacked on top of Vincent and Tifa. I love Play Arts Kai figures.

Do you have any more pictures of your Final Fantasy Play Arts Kai figures in the top right corner of this picture? I can see you have at least two more stacked on top of Vincent and Tifa. I love Play Arts Kai figures.
No pics of them. But I have Tifa, Vincent, Cloud, and Sephiroth all from series 1.

I was looking for some cheap shelving to store my games on and this thread convinced me to purchase those sauder shelves several people in here have. Just wanted to say thanks, they really look decent for what they are.

I was looking for some cheap shelving to store my games on and this thread convinced me to purchase those sauder shelves several people in here have. Just wanted to say thanks, they really look decent for what they are.
You wont say the same thing after a few months of filling them up. I have yet to see those sauder shelves made of particle board not warp after so long.

Sorry for the delayed update, but been making even more adjustments for shelf space, and here is what everything looks like now with the new shelves.

So happeez! :3

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

09.jpg

Was starting to get a bit worried I wouldn't be able to find more space for more shelf space, but looks like everything worked out in the end. ^________^

Squarehard, are those tall narrow black shelves you have actually two of the same unit with the bottom cut off of one and stacked on the other?

You need a house for that much stuff not a apartment. I would be too scared to be in apartment buildings next to people with that much. Even with insurance.

I have hard enough time having my collection at my dads house and always losing peace of mind.

^^I am in a condo and even with tons of insurance I am worried about my collection. I have all my Playstation stuff, DVDs, and CDs here, but the majority of my vintage stuff (cartridge games, records, comics) are at my parents house.

I said fuck it and decided that I don't want to sell it and that it's going in my own damn collection. I don't own any RCG stuff, and I think it's about time that changed :p

null_zps83c85976.jpg

I said fuck it and decided that I don't want to sell it and that it's going in my own damn collection. I don't own any RCG stuff, and I think it's about time that changed :p

null_zps83c85976.jpg
I don't know what exactly that Zelda thing is, BUT I WANT IT!

Sorry for the delayed update, but been making even more adjustments for shelf space, and here is what everything looks like now with the new shelves.

Was starting to get a bit worried I wouldn't be able to find more space for more shelf space, but looks like everything worked out in the end. ^________^
OMG

I'm in love

That is what I one day hope to have, a video game shrine (which hopefully when my baby is older she will want just as much as me so we can convince her father!)

Slight update as I was able to make some more room again for stuff.

IMG_1419.jpg

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

So much free space for anime... *drool*...

OMG

I'm in love

That is what I one day hope to have, a video game shrine (which hopefully when my baby is older she will want just as much as me so we can convince her father!)
Mother daughter tag team! :D

Basically ran out if room on the shelves the other day. Finished casing up all of my SNES games, and that pretty much did it. So, as I often do, I made more shelves to tuck into a nook or cranny in order to make room for more crap that I don't need :p

This is like a window in my basement which looks from the finished side into the unfinished side. I have no idea why on earth anyone would want something like this.
null_zpsc06fde29.jpg

Added the ol' rails for modularity and cut some quicky shelves.
null_zps70448fd0.jpg

I'll eventually put a piece of plywood behind the shelves to replace the window, but this works for now.
null_zps22c51a5a.jpg

Now I has room!!!
null_zpsc0be2744.jpg

[quote name="AlfredSteele" post="11551013" timestamp="1393129313"]who has bigest ps4 and xb1 colection.[/quote]

Not much stuff to really collect.

null_zps83c85976.jpg
Damn that's nice.

Now I just need to convince you to make me a custom big box for Mother 3 and hope you can do it for under $100.

In all seriousness though, please do it and sell it to me.

So happeez! :3

01-1.jpg

02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

06-1.jpg

07-1.jpg

08-1.jpg

09.jpg

What is the shelf called that holds all of your DS games so perfectly may I ask? or do you have a link or something that you would be so kindly to share?

What is the shelf called that holds all of your DS games so perfectly may I ask? or do you have a link or something that you would be so kindly to share?
The one I have is the former Atlantic Oskar 1080 shelf. They have the new ones now, but they are unfortunately not built as well anymore, and the wood quality has been slight thinned out, and shortened a bit to keep cost down. The current ones are still viable, but certainly not as great in quality as the older ones were.

You can find them basically at any retailer, so they're not hard to find, but if you're looking for the older models, they may be a bit harder to find as they've been discontinued for awhile, so you'll have to find a reseller that has these in stock.

The one I have is the former Atlantic Oskar 1080 shelf. They have the new ones now, but they are unfortunately not built as well anymore, and the wood quality has been slight thinned out, and shortened a bit to keep cost down. The current ones are still viable, but certainly not as great in quality as the older ones were.

You can find them basically at any retailer, so they're not hard to find, but if you're looking for the older models, they may be a bit harder to find as they've been discontinued for awhile, so you'll have to find a reseller that has these in stock.
Okay thanks for telling me :D need one for gba/ds/3ds games. Hopefully I can find one or a few, another question do that work well for any other type of case?

Edit: comment on phone and it messed up.

Okay thanks for telling me :D need one for gba/ds/3ds games. Hopefully I can find one or a few, another question do that work well for any other type of case?

Edit: comment on phone and it messed up.
If you re-adjust the shelves you can have eight rows total for DVD sized cases, so you can figure it out from there. ^__^

Unless your IKEA is far away from your house, at least you can get the replacement parts easy enough from their store. I've only had to use that service once so far thankfully.
Yea, i was able to go get them easily from the store. I also got two more smaller versions of the Expedit, since apparently the line is discontinued now and whatever stock is there is it.

bread's done
Back