Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Square told me of this thread soooooo... here I am.

Shelf 1/3: http://imgur.com/gallery/sOxNo

Shelf 2/3: http://imgur.com/gallery/nrTLB

(Shelf 3 that will be posted eventually)  

Amiibos that control my soul: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-xWsdPVIAEpgwc.png:large

I mention a good bit of history of my collection in the imgur pages but my collection was jumpstarted by my older brothers who moved on and I sort of inherited a lot of games then I started buying my own after high school. I originally posted these on reddit about two months ago and got a pretty good response from the guys there. Everyone on imgur just said the usual comments, lol. 

I've been trying to use the collection feature on CAG but the feature itself still needs work. If add any game that has had a large series of games or spinoffs, chances are you probably won't be able to find it or the list will be cut off. I actually mentioned this to "programmer John" aka TiredJohn but it seems like the problem is still there.

I have my entire collection in Google Docs at the moment since I was unemployed when I finally counted everything but I'm looking for a decent program now that will make adding games to it a little easier. Preferably with a decent mobile app too.

Square told me of this thread soooooo... here I am.

Shelf 1/3: http://imgur.com/gallery/sOxNo

Shelf 2/3: http://imgur.com/gallery/nrTLB

(Shelf 3 that will be posted eventually)

Amiibos that control my soul: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-xWsdPVIAEpgwc.png:large

I mention a good bit of history of my collection in the imgur pages but my collection was jumpstarted by my older brothers who moved on and I sort of inherited a lot of games then I started buying my own after high school. I originally posted these on reddit about two months ago and got a pretty good response from the guys there. Everyone on imgur just said the usual comments, lol.

I've been trying to use the collection feature on CAG but the feature itself still needs work. If add any game that has had a large series of games or spinoffs, chances are you probably won't be able to find it or the list will be cut off. I actually mentioned this to "programmer John" aka TiredJohn but it seems like the problem is still there.

I have my entire collection in Google Docs at the moment since I was unemployed when I finally counted everything but I'm looking for a decent program now that will make adding games to it a little easier. Preferably with a decent mobile app too.
"To start off, I’m not really a game collector."

You have amiibos. You're officially a collector. Deal with it.

Plus a pretty healthy collection of games to boot ;)

OffT: As far as my avatar goes, I was thinking something non-spike related.

OnT:

Best I can do. 1 of an estimated 36 pics of ps2 games.

Everything to the right of Harvest Moon is sealed.

---

This may get the discussion ball rolling:

N64 games are the bane of my existence. No top label, and no good way to display them.

The UGCs that wiggy posted are too sterile for my tastes (not a dig, just a preference). I understand printing on white makes the game names pop, but personally I would go with a yellow paper, to make them look less generic and to make it less obvious over time when they naturally yellow.

Or maybe put a background behind the N64 logo on the bottom to make it pop/give it some division between the n64 logo and the game name and a universal line across the entire collection (which could also be a problem lining up).

Thoughts?
Holy Haunting Grounds. Sucks that most of the sealed PS2 games I own are Atlus games, which are worthless because they reprinted everything to death. I think Rule of Rose is the only really valuable Atlus game I have but my copy's got a few rips in the shrinkwrap and shelf wear.

So I now have the opportunity to add a desperately needed extra shelf. I'm looking for something that is fairly tall, and about 40 inches wide. Does anyone have any good ideas?

I was thinking about getting some book cases and adding additional shelves.  Getting the additional shelves without having to do some cutting may be a PITA not to mention finding the correct diameter pegs to hold them up.  On the plus side, I would have deeper shelves to place boxed items and a sturdy 6 foot frame. 

I like the idea of stacking two media shelves but I could see myself screwing up somehow and having to toss one.

So I now have the opportunity to add a desperately needed extra shelf. I'm looking for something that is fairly tall, and about 40 inches wide. Does anyone have any good ideas?
The ones I have aren't 40 inches wide but they are 6 feet tall. They have them at Wal-Mart for like $25-35. The prices on the regular shelves seem to always fluctuate.

The ones I have aren't 40 inches wide but they are 6 feet tall. They have them at Wal-Mart for like $25-35. The prices on the regular shelves seem to always fluctuate.
Do you know how many shelves they have? The big thing for me is that I want something on the wider side to make proper use of the space. I keep finding media shelves that would be perfect, but then they are cheaply made and reviews say the shelves bow, which I don't want.

Do you know how many shelves they have? The big thing for me is that I want something on the wider side to make proper use of the space. I keep finding media shelves that would be perfect, but then they are cheaply made and reviews say the shelves bow, which I don't want.
Look at my collection a few posts back with my shelves. I have pictures of them. The ones I bought have five shelves and they can fit two rows of DVD sized cases per shelf. If you make a few adjustments, you can keep on stacking games. Also, one that doesn't know how to balance weight of shelves are bound to have them bow. These shelves are CHEAP. And sometimes, it will just happen.

I always remind people that while these shelves work great to remember how cheap they were to begin with. They may not survive a move because these shelves have plastic parts holding them together (rather than nails).

Last edited by a moderator:
Please excuse how unorganized everything is! I've got the perfect storm of no more shelf space and an upcoming move, so everything is just being contained until I'm in my new place.

q5G2kqRh.jpg

This is a big chunk of my collection, but it's missing another 3-4 shelves worth of stuff (most carts and a lot of other disc based games). Even the picture cuts off most of my first PS2 shelf and half of my PS1 shelf. I'm stuck with my PS3/PS4 games on a big shelf in the other room too. Carts and their boxes are in drawers while I still have a bunch of older stuff are back home with my family. I really can't wait to finally get everything together and make a game room!

Small update to my display case; just realize I haven't posted in full update in over 2 years! One shall be coming soon. These were taken with my cellphone, full update will be taken with my DSLR.

Mario Universe:

o7vc6t.jpg

Zelda Universe:

34h748n.jpg

*Haven't found a way to put my Majora's Mask XL in there as well as ALBW nicely yet.

Full view:

10x8pz9.jpg

Here is one of my handheld boxes. I have another box somewhere and my CIB systems are separate. (I was looking for stuff to trade into GS).

Oh man, so much action in this thread... and my collection is sitting back at my parents place still... all cold and lonely.:whistle2:( *sniff*

I'm trying to find some to trade to GS.

This is all I can find for now, but I know I have a couple silver slims, my original slim, and an extra fat (only used for guitar hero) at another location.

Anyone have a list of what models are better than others? It seems like the 59000 series is popular.

Why do you have so many of each system slow? I've always wondered. Are they like back ups for back ups?
I'm the yard sale king that is why! :razz: They just pile up.

There are a few reasons...

I have trouble getting rid of stuff after I gave away a couple of higher value systems that I wish I had now.

I wanted to work on building custom systems, but I don't have the room to do it.

I want to research models before I dump them, so I don't get rid of the wrong one.

I actually only bought 1 or 2 ps2s last year. My new rule is $10 or less complete with games.

I'm the yard sale king that is why! :razz: They just pile up.

There are a few reasons...

I have trouble getting rid of stuff after I gave away a couple of higher value systems that I wish I had now.

I wanted to work on building custom systems, but I don't have the room to do it.

I want to research models before I dump them, so I don't get rid of the wrong one.

I actually only bought 1 or 2 ps2s last year. My new rule is $10 or less complete with games.
I was never able to get my PS2 stack that big because a couple summers ago you could sell "As is" console only fat PS2s for $50 shipped on ebay. I mentioned this in another thread, but I think I had 13 of them (can't exactly tell now because ebay deletes your history). I know I didn't pay more than $5 each for them (although sometimes more if they came with a stack of games).

I understand how things pile up, though. The thing I found I couldn't get rid of was gamecubes. They are so cheap now, but they have got to rise in price soon, right? I'm pretty sure I have 8 of them and at least 15 controllers of various colors. I mean, if you go to a yard sale and someone has a gamecube and 20 games (including the various zeldas, marios, pokemons, smash, etc) and they want $30 for all of it, I mean, you have to get it right? You can't just try to haggle for the games.

I understand how things pile up, though. The thing I found I couldn't get rid of was gamecubes. They are so cheap now, but they have got to rise in price soon, right? I'm pretty sure I have 8 of them and at least 15 controllers of various colors. I mean, if you go to a yard sale and someone has a gamecube and 20 games (including the various zeldas, marios, pokemons, smash, etc) and they want $30 for all of it, I mean, you have to get it right? You can't just try to haggle for the games.
Gamecube systems will eventually go up. 1st party controllers are probably more in demand than anything. I sold an indigo GC to a CAG at a meetup for $15 a few years ago...Now I wish I had kept it. I haven't found many purple ones.

In my area it is about how fast you can get from one sale to the next. Back in the day I would take the time to haggle, but on a lot like that I would offer $20, if they say no, most likely they will either counter with $25 or $30. If they say $30, I say how about $25, so I can feel like I am getting a deal (or something to that effect).

I have a method that allows me to buy exactly what I want, but it takes too much time. It's hard to explain, but I think like a computer, so I have a series of if/then statements in my head that I follow if I only want 1 game, or only the system, or whatever.

I'm trying to find some to trade to GS.

This is all I can find for now, but I know I have a couple silver slims, my original slim, and an extra fat (only used for guitar hero) at another location.

Anyone have a list of what models are better than others? It seems like the 59000 series is popular.
I think the most I had was 10 before trading two tonight. Would still like to trade in at least two more. I have my original launch fatty, two sealed slims, a minty white slim and a mix of fats and slims that are ordinary. From what I read, the version hackers like id the v7, (39001). I don't know firsthand though.

On a side note, I ran across a Spongebob PS2 controller while piecing together my trades. Don't remember seeing them before.

I didn't even know that GS sold PS2's anymore. I have a modded slim one that's kind of borked but I mostly play PS2 on my PC now. 

It's not much but here's my small Amiibo collection. Not impressive or anything but it looks cool in the Nike display case I got for free recently. Started this collection a couple weeks ago. I plan on buying one once a week. Hopefully I find some at yard sales this spring that are a little cheap. Added some LED lights tonight and I think it looks pretty sweet.

hEsbmYk.jpg
zCH6OHQ.jpg

Decided to do some organization. Took some pics while Im at it. Wish I had more shelves. Or a better shelf.

This isnt everything btw. My retro stuff is on the other side. And my PS4 stuff is by my bed. I will also take pics of my anime collection later.

I use to be a Xbox 360 Person. But once I got a PS3, that changed pretty quickly.

Missing Persona 4 Arena, Vanquish, and Devil May Cry 4. At a friends house. I also got me some Japanese Imports. The imports from left to right are Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs., Saint Seiya Battle Sanctuary, Mobile Suit Gundam UC, Another Century Episode R, The Idolm@ster 2, Strider, E.X Troopers, Darkstalkers Ressurection, Idolm@ster One for All, Fist of the North Star, and No More Heroes Z.

Only things I plan on getting for the 360 now are the JRPGs and the Exclusives. I wanna buy a JPN 360 and get some imports. LOL.

I straight up need more Wii Games. But at least I got some of the rarer ones. I also have the Last Story LE sealed in my closet

This makes my PS3 and 360 collection look small. I had company over all weekend so I haven't had much personal time as of late. I need post my 3rd shelf eventually. :p

I also got me some Japanese Imports.
I can't tell on my phone and never noticed this before, are the ratings label on the Japanese imports color coded?

Your collection reminded me how Sony never did make up its mind on a PS3 spine design. I imagine that must drive some of the Stars and Bars crowd crazy.

I can't tell on my phone and never noticed this before, are the ratings label on the Japanese imports color coded?

Your collection reminded me how Sony never did make up its mind on a PS3 spine design. I imagine that must drive some of the Stars and Bars crowd crazy.
Yeah, the rating labels are color coded. You can pretty much guess English Equivalent. I do like the color coded raitings though.

Yeah. Damn Sony. It drove me crazy early on, but I stopped caring. :lol: I prefer alphabetical order anyway.

So I figured I'd post my collection I started with this past Rightstuf winter sale plus my games etc.

0cG90TZl.jpg

xttDM4el.jpg

tssm5oWl.jpg

xx3EvDzl.jpg

WaAJEywl.jpg

Not a huge collection but I'm happy with it and plan on growing it over time, I'll need to get a Sauder shelf and re-arrange my bed for it. Now when I get to it I'll post my huge baseball card collection I have in my basement that easily consists of over 100k+ cards, I have complete sets starting back from 1972 to 2005 for Topps and then other misc sets from other Brands plus unopened boxes of packs of cards and so forth.

It's tough getting into a collection when I dump 3k+ a year in computer components alone along with having a TruNAS box running plus server for a couple of websites I maintain. But that's the benefit of still being 23 living at home while working fulltime, cheap rent!

Yeah it was some wood I had laying around, It's bolted to the stud with two screws/anchors per shelf support bracket so it's sturdy! Was a few inches short to hit the other side of the wall, it's almost 10'. I'll need those Sauder shelfs soon cause as you can see I'm running out of space :(

I used some old baseball card set boxes I had to raise the back row higher to use the space more efficiently or else it would have been a huge mess. I'll throw an order in for 2 of those Sauder shelfs today on Amazon since I have $30 in credit there with my amazon rewards card. Got quite a few titles coming in over the next few months plus others things I'll pick up. All that anime is from this past ~4-5 months and I want to expand it more but I'm still watching a lot of it.

The shelves look fine to me.

I mean, I have a 12' hanging shelf, and it's supposed to hold like 800 lbs, and it doesn't look any more sturdy than that, but it is. A couple people can probably hang off it (they do, at the Container Store).

Poster Wall

jt49i8.jpg

Control/Charge Station

de5kli.jpg
256dwtw.jpg

Right side of closet

ndoebl.jpg

Old Gen shelf

Currently at 120 XB360 games, 60 ps3 & 40 DS.

a1615h.jpg

Amiibo

11s0efr.jpg

3DS, Blu rays & Vita

This section is incomplete. I have way more 3ds games and blu rays but can't display them all. Nintendo titles get priority. Currently over 100 blu rays. Which I'm trying to get rid of. I don't know why this uploaded side ways but i don't want to fix it.

j8yxbm.jpg

2hxq1p5.jpg

fva8va.jpg

Also minor update to my display case but i didn't get any pics. Old shot a page back.

Updated my Amiibo Collection. How do you guys make your pictures huge?

[attachment=13297:3 new Amiibos JK.PNG]

So I've decided to quit gaming because I'm having financial issues at the moment. I know a lot of people in here have big collection and I have a pretty decent sized one I posted a thread in the discussion section but didn't get much replys.. If anyone could help I greatly appreciate it.. I need the money and to get further in my life without gaming.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/344180-the-day-has-come-could-use-some-advice/

bread's done
Back