Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Wow, no post in almost a month? Depressing... 

I don't have collection pics, and don't know if it's worth it to do another round since my collection is kinda stagnant until I get more shelves... but here's a bunch of games I've bought and had to take home since I don't have room at my apt. I don't know why I took them home because I also don't have room at my parents, so they're just sitting there. 

Got quite a few PS1 games, which was a system I thought I was done with but turns out, I missed a few gems. I've got a decent mix of new titles for the DC, XB and Wii as well... not to mention my first NES game in years: an over priced but extremely nice/complete copy of FF. Might actually have to get a few more NES games after this... 
IMG_20150412_111209.jpg

IMG_20150412_111230.jpg

I can tell you got the amount of PS3 Games I have is getting ridiculous. And there are still quite a handful on my to buy list. 

I have pictures of my new game room that I need to review and edit. But I'll have it up... eventually. All of my weekends have busy lately. =/

I have pictures of my new game room that I need to review and edit. But I'll have it up... eventually. All of my weekends have busy lately. =/
I know how you feel, man. I've been working a lot more lately because I have to go between three (sometimes four) different stores, I've been trying to focus a lot more on my health (hiking and whatnot), I spend too much damn time on Reddit, and we just had another kid. I barely have enough time for gaming anymore and it's so much harder to justify getting anything new. Not that I've stopped buying games completely, of course...

I know how you feel, man. I've been working a lot more lately because I have to go between three (sometimes four) different stores, I've been trying to focus a lot more on my health (hiking and whatnot), I spend too much damn time on Reddit, and we just had another kid. I barely have enough time for gaming anymore and it's so much harder to justify getting anything new. Not that I've stopped buying games completely, of course...
I wouldn't say that I'm that busy yet but I'm trying to build up some funds so I don't have to share a place anymore. No kids on my end yet though and yeah... I'm in my mid-20's and I bike 12 miles on all of my days off to at least stay active in some way. Getting older sucks, lol. Anyway, I might try and organize and Imgur all of the pictures tonight. I actually had time this weekend but kept forgetting. :D

Updating since it's been months, got into a lot of different stuff.

The Xbox shelf (used to be literally 2 shelves and a fraction of my collection, now it's as prominent as PS2.

m8pjWiZ.jpg

Xbox boxed things and CE's

TlFA0ie.jpg

Nintendo and PS2 boxed things, CE's, Swag, some sealed PS2 accesories and some random stuff.

tKr06pA.jpg

^ Looks awesome!!

I finally posted my game room last night on Reddit/Imgur. I took forever, I know. 

http://imgur.com/gallery/WT2Hi 

FYI: The cube setup with the ugly cables is a work in progress - the consoles aren't going to be there forever which is why the cables are visible. 

...Man... Bishoujo collecting makes me sad. Between comics, figures and games... there's just no way to get everything I want.

A lot of Bishoujo's rocket in value, too, and it's hard to figure which ones will. I really hope I can complete my DC, Marvel, Tekken and Street Fighter Bishoujo collection one day.

...Man... Bishoujo collecting makes me sad. Between comics, figures and games... there's just no way to get everything I want.

A lot of Bishoujo's rocket in value, too, and it's hard to figure which ones will. I really hope I can complete my DC, Marvel, Tekken and Street Fighter Bishoujo collection one day.
Yea, I'm just staying in the DC/Marvel realm lines myself and not concerned about collecting all the variants or original/re-releases of same characters (eg. i was fine selling old black widow to cover yj new black widow and another figure on top)

I just stumbled on this thread and have been having a blast checking out all the collections you guys have posted.  There are some truly amazing collections here!  I figured I would post a few pictures of my game room as well.   I’ve tried to list some highlights from each picture as well.  All pictures link to higher res versions.

Please excuse the pictures of my collector’s edition/limited edition closet – it’s an utter disaster at the moment.

Nintendo Wall:

·         The top four shelves are CIB NES games.  I think I have about half the US set now.  Highlights (IMO): Bubble Bobble 2, Tengen Tetris, Cheetahmen, Miracle Piano.

·         The next two shelves are CIB SNES games.  Highlights: EVO, Earthbound, Spider-man Maximum Carnage QVC set, Mega Man X set, Ninja Gaiden Trilogy, Fun n Games, all the Square RPGs

·         Next is CIB N64.  Highlights: Clay Fighter Sculptor’s Cut, Bomberman 64, Conker’s Bad Fur Day, all the Blockbuster exclusives.

·         Next are CIB handheld shelves.  Highlights: complete CIB US Virtual Boy set, a lot of sealed RPGs for GB/GBC/GBA/DS/3DS (because I have a hard time actually playing handheld systems for very long).

·         Bottom shelf is CIB GameCube and Wii.  Highlights: NCAA Baskeball 2K3 (I feel dirty even listing a basketball game as a highlight), Phantasy Star Online I & II Plus, Cubivore, Xenoblade Chronicles (sealed w/ steelbook & art book),  One Piece Unlimited Adventure (sealed), Last Story UK LE (sealed), Dokapon Kingdom, Metroid Prime Trilogy (first print)

Atari / Sega / 3DO Wall:

·         Top shelf are all CIB 3DO longboxes.  Highlights include: Lucinne’s Quest, Mind Teazzer (big box version), Plumber’s Don’t Wear Ties, 2DO Action Pack, Woody Woodpecker Vols 1 – 3, Dragon Lore, Lost Eden, Star Control II.

·         Next two shelves are primarily a complete CIB US Sega CD set (although I’m not quite done working on completing all of the different Working Designs disk art variants).

\

·         Next up is Sega Saturn.  Highlights include:  Panzer Dragoon Saga, Magic Knight Rayearth, Dragon Force, Shining Force III, Winning Post.

·         After that is some random CIB Intellivision, Atari 2600 and 5200 games.  Nothing really of note or rarity here.

·         Middle shelf is a complete worldwide sealed Atari Jaguar and Jaguar CD set (with all cover variants and accessories, including the CatBox).

·         Bottom three shelves have a few Master System games (none of note), a complete CIB US 32X and 32X CD set, and CIB Genesis stuff.  Genesis highlights are probably the Pier Solar Posterity Edition (sealed), Spider-Man Maximum Carnage QVC set, and Madden 93 Championship Edition.

Playstation Walls

·         PS1 highlights are primarily RPGs – Lunar boxes, Suikoden I & II, Tales of Destiny 1 & 2, Valkyrie Profile, Persona, Ogre Battle, etc.  The fourth row is where I’m working on building a complete PS1 longbox set with all variants.

·         Below PS1 are my Vita non CEs.  Mostly RPGs.

·         The bottom shelf here has some random game soundtracks and my lonely Neo Geo Pocket color.

·         The black shelf is my PSP collection.  Mostly RPGs, quite a few LE imports from the UK.

·         This wall has PS2 on the top three shelves and PS3 on the bottom six.  I’ve managed to grab most of the sought-after stuff for both of these systems.  Highlights are probably a full set of all three Kingdoms of Amalur Signature Editions (Schilling, McFarlane, and Salvatore), Ni No Kuni Wizard’s Edition, Bayonetta Climax Edition w/ gun.

Xbox Corner

·         Playstation has been my main system for the past four generations, so my Xbox stuff is mostly limited to exclusives.

·         Top two shelves are OG Xbox, the most notable probably being the Steel Battalion controller bundle.

·         The next four shelves are all 360.  Highlights there are BioShock Special Edition (sealed), Mass Effect 1, 2,3 limited editions (sealed), Halo 3 Legendary Edition (sealed), and Witcher 2 Dark Edition (sealed).

·         The bottom shelf has some loose 2600 game carts and my Dreamcast games… which should probably all be over with the rest of the Sega/Atari stuff.

Collector’s / Limited Edition Closet

·         This thing is an utter disaster.  My collector’s editions have gotten a bit out of hand.  I’m thinking about just liquidating all my CEs and focusing on just collecting standard editions for sheer space savings.

·         Virtually everything in this closet is still sealed.

Current Gen Stuff

·         And finally, here is my current gen shelf, which lives out in the living room for easy access instead of in the game library room.  (Oh, these shelves also house my flash cart collection - all of the Everdrives, Harmony Cart, DS EZ Flash, etc).

Sorry about the length of the post and the number of images.  This post got a bit longer than I was expecting.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, I didn't know any of these were worth anything over MSRP. I only have a few and they all going for 2-3x MSRP... Lili is the only one not going for over MSRP.

Holy shit, some of these are going for insane amounts. What's the draw of these? I mean, they're cool and all but not $500 cool.

I just stumbled on this thread and have been having a blast checking out all the collections you guys have posted. There are some truly amazing collections here! I figured I would post a few pictures of my game room as well. I’ve tried to list some highlights from each picture as well. All pictures link to higher res versions.

Please excuse the pictures of my collector’s edition/limited edition closet – it’s an utter disaster at the moment.

Sorry about the length of the post and the number of images. This post got a bit longer than I was expecting.
Wow, what a collection. So much classic stuff in there... jealous as hell.

I wish I could afford that stuff but by the time I had any disposable income, prices for older games started to skyrocket. Even N64 and DC game prices are insane now.

Wow, I didn't know any of these were worth anything over MSRP. I only have a few and they all going for 2-3x MSRP... Lili is the only one not going for over MSRP.

Holy shit, some of these are going for insane amounts. What's the draw of these? I mean, they're cool and all but not $500 cool.
I like to buy statues that are part of a collection, so they look consistent and nice when displayed together. Bishoujo is one of the few lines that is affordable (at retail), looks nice and continues to release new figures. They make for excellent displays, because there's so many to get and they're all mostly consistent with each other. That's my thing. I see a lot of individual statue releases that are expensive and have their own look. I don't like to buy those, because while they're nice on their own, they just look messy when displayed with other figures, in my opinion.

Anyway, what figures you got? If you're not that in to them, maybe we could trade?

I like to buy statues that are part of a collection, so they look consistent and nice when displayed together. Bishoujo is one of the few lines that is affordable (at retail), looks nice and continues to release new figures. They make for excellent displays, because there's so many to get and they're all mostly consistent with each other. That's my thing. I see a lot of individual statue releases that are expensive and have their own look. I don't like to buy those, because while they're nice on their own, they just look messy when displayed with other figures, in my opinion.

Anyway, what figures you got? If you're not that in to them, maybe we could trade?
Interesting... that makes sense.

I'm not into figure collecting, but I do buy ones I like regardless of the type... ie, I have a few random statues, bishoujo and figma. I have have bishoujo of Lili, Power Girl, Christe, Wonder Woman and StarFire.

Interesting... that makes sense.

I'm not into figure collecting, but I do buy ones I like regardless of the type... ie, I have a few random statues, bishoujo and figma. I have have bishoujo of Lili, Power Girl, Christe, Wonder Woman and StarFire.
I know Christie jumped in price recently. She stayed around retail +$20 for about 5 months after release. I want to...eventually... collect all the Marvel, DC, Tekken and Street Fighter bishoujos. Right now, on my budget, I'm working on DC and Street Fighter, as I love those franchises a little bit more than their counterparts. So yea, I'll have to shell out for Christie later on, I guess.

Ugh... and I just checked Power Girl... she f*cking shot up, too. I should have grabbed her. Man... I'm never gonna complete this collection. I do have the coveted Cat Woman, though.

Yea, i make sure to buy the newer DC/Marvel bishoujo's pretty quick so to not get overcharged later. Had to see what was going for $500 - thought it would be catwoman, not ms marvel. Dang.

I just stumbled on this thread and have been having a blast checking out all the collections you guys have posted. There are some truly amazing collections here! I figured I would post a few pictures of my game room as well. I’ve tried to list some highlights from each picture as well. All pictures link to higher res versions.
Quite impressive! Out of curiosity how long have you been collecting?

Yea, i make sure to buy the newer DC/Marvel bishoujo's pretty quick so to not get overcharged later. Had to see what was going for $500 - thought it would be catwoman, not ms marvel. Dang.
Dammit, now you guys got me buying up some of these bishoujos that I don't even want. I picked up Batgirl and Juri... neither look at great but they're cheap on Amazon at the moment.

I don't really get what makes one figure more desirable than another... is it based on the character popularity in their respective medium or something about the actual figure?

Throw your bed out and sleep on the floor.
Sometimes, I have to do stuff like that when I reorganize. I had stuff on 2/3 of my bed while I slept. Memory foam FTW! I don't need it to hold a wine glass, I need it to hold a box of gamecube stuff.

I'm thinking about buying a bed frame with the drawers in it for more storage.

Geez impressive room there, Squarehard
Much thanks. ^___^

Hey square what's the anime you have between wolf's rain and gundam wing it very hard to make out?
Big O I and II.

Square's Sankarea Collection still going strong.
If only my Tsuritama was like its older sister. :*(

Squarehead is best collector / shelf organizer. So much jelly.
It used to actually be organized, but then the collection started to spiral out of control, and I lost track. T___T

Love the remote collection, I was gonna do something similar to that. However I ended up putting the themed remotes with their series in my display case. I also stop caring for Wii/WiiU to ever import the other remotes lol. 

Your Wii collection is ridiculous, how many games are made for Wii and how many you missing? Are you getting region exclusives too or just US?

Love the remote collection, I was gonna do something similar to that. However I ended up putting the themed remotes with their series in my display case. I also stop caring for Wii/WiiU to ever import the other remotes lol.

Your Wii collection is ridiculous, how many games are made for Wii and how many you missing? Are you getting region exclusives too or just US?
Hard to get an exact number because almost every list I see online is either missing games or has games listed that never came to the US or were never released at all but I'm estimating that I'm about 300 games away. I'm just going after US games although I'll probably get some of the interesting import ones as I go. Right now I only have 3 import games 2 of them I got for just a couple bucks (a Yu-Gi-Oh game and Elebits) and Captain Rainbow which looks weirdly cool.

The weird thing is that there are still Wii games being released. The new Just Dance and Skylanders are getting Wii versions and NIS America is releasing Rodea the Sky Soldier on Wii U which comes with a Wii copy of the old game which never came out in the US previously. Hopefully it stops after that.

Hard to get an exact number because almost every list I see online is either missing games or has games listed that never came to the US or were never released at all but I'm estimating that I'm about 300 games away. I'm just going after US games although I'll probably get some of the interesting import ones as I go. Right now I only have 3 import games 2 of them I got for just a couple bucks (a Yu-Gi-Oh game and Elebits) and Captain Rainbow which looks weirdly cool.

The weird thing is that there are still Wii games being released. The new Just Dance and Skylanders are getting Wii versions and NIS America is releasing Rodea the Sky Soldier on Wii U which comes with a Wii copy of the old game which never came out in the US previously. Hopefully it stops after that.
Damn, that sounds like a hassle.

I know, Ubisoft gon milk the fuck outta the Wii userbase with Just Dance games. I expect them to continued doing so even after the NX is released. Wii is where all sale for that series come from.

been awhile since I've been to this thread....and made many false promises of ever showing my collection(hey one day when its all in the same room and the same house.....).

but this time, like last time i lurked here....you people are missing the all mighty plush tachikomas!!!

4GEXmLq.jpg

I need to post my collection soon. My DC and N64 collections have boomed quite a bit recently and I need to get them documented for insurance purposes. Also went back and purchased some PS1 games... sucks that I thought I was done with that system but a bunch of titles seemed to have jumped in price lately. Really don't know why.

My Wii collection is going strong. I just passed the 1000 game mark.
Damn son... crazy collection.

What are the rarest Wii games? Figure you're the guy to ask here... :lol:

I have small Wii collection but I know I'm probably missing some rarities. I really wanna pick them up now b/c it's only gonna get harder. I don't know why but good Wii games have been disappearing like crazy from my local GS, which was great for bulking up my GC and PS2 collections back in the day. Even some of the more popular Mario/Nintendo titles are really hard to find (more so than they were on the GC). All I find are the millions of shovel-ware crap.

I need to post my collection soon. My DC and N64 collections have boomed quite a bit recently and I need to get them documented for insurance purposes. Also went back and purchased some PS1 games... sucks that I thought I was done with that system but a bunch of titles seemed to have jumped in price lately. Really don't know why.

Damn son... crazy collection.

What are the rarest Wii games? Figure you're the guy to ask here... :lol:

I have small Wii collection but I know I'm probably missing some rarities. I really wanna pick them up now b/c it's only gonna get harder. I don't know why but good Wii games have been disappearing like crazy from my local GS, which was great for bulking up my GC and PS2 collections back in the day. Even some of the more popular Mario/Nintendo titles are really hard to find (more so than they were on the GC). All I find are the millions of shovel-ware crap.
Most people bring up Xenoblade, One Piece, or Metroid Prime Trilogy but those are kiddie level on the US Wii rarity level index. Some of the hardest ones to find are Cyberbike, Punchout (bundle with nunchuk), American Mensa Academy, My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold, Fritz Chess, Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus.

Cyberbike and the Punchout bundle probably being the two rarest off the top of my head. There is not even any copies for sale anywhere that I can find (ebay, amazon, etc). But to be honest because there is so many Wii games and it's not a popular system to collect I'm still finding out about games I never heard of regularly. Most places that have databases (Wikipedia, Nintendo Age, etc) are both missing quite a few games and also have games listed that are vaporware and never ended up getting released in the US.

Most people bring up Xenoblade, One Piece, or Metroid Prime Trilogy but those are kiddie level on the US Wii rarity level index. Some of the hardest ones to find are Cyberbike, Punchout (bundle with nunchuk), American Mensa Academy, My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold, Fritz Chess, Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus.

Cyberbike and the Punchout bundle probably being the two rarest off the top of my head. There is not even any copies for sale anywhere that I can find (ebay, amazon, etc). But to be honest because there is so many Wii games and it's not a popular system to collect I'm still finding out about games I never heard of regularly. Most places that have databases (Wikipedia, Nintendo Age, etc) are both missing quite a few games and also have games listed that are vaporware and never ended up getting released in the US.
Great write up! I actually have a couple of those, Frtiz Chess and GG Accent Core Plus- didn't know they were rare. I completely forgot that Punch-Out had a bundled release.

I'm curious to see how Wii games are gonna go in terms of values given how there's so many games on it...

The Wii or the PS2 version? I heard the PS2 version is easier to find then the Wii one.
both wii, I believe. I thought I posted them in one of the yard sale threads. I can't find the pics. The guilty gear had a red bar that says "includes bonus disc" or "includes soundtrack" or something. Now I want to find them!

EDIT: They may be in the thrift thread. Here are the other games I bought for $1 each (these were the first time I went)

Eh, I'd rather have Xenoblade or Metroid Trilogy than those other titles (and I do!). The one thing I can't stand about the collecting community is that a game's value isn't judged on its quality but on its rarity.

Eh, I'd rather have Xenoblade or Metroid Trilogy than those other titles (and I do!). The one thing I can't stand about the collecting community is that a game's value isn't judged on its quality but on its rarity.
Well no shit you would rather have those games if you're just looking for games to play but that's not all collecting consists of. The one thing I can't stand about the collecting community is people who think their way is the only way to collect.

bread's done
Back