Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

[quote name='Ash Burton']I see a lot of things I passed up on over the last few months![/QUOTE]

lol.

actually the only things in my collection that came from the flea market really are the GB games and N64 games.

the rest is from ebay/craigslist/playntrade/gamestop/amazon/babages(waaaay back).

the fact that you all can keep everything in pristine condition amazes me. I think I threw away the boxes for my Zelda DS and the instruction manuals are randomly scattered in my room

[quote name='marvinhall05']the fact that you all can keep everything in pristine condition amazes me. I think I threw away the boxes for my Zelda DS and the instruction manuals are randomly scattered in my room[/QUOTE]

but... but... but... then it won't look pretty if you do it your way....

[quote name='marvinhall05']the fact that you all can keep everything in pristine condition amazes me. I think I threw away the boxes for my Zelda DS and the instruction manuals are randomly scattered in my room[/QUOTE]

It's simple: just keep your games all in one place, keep the manuals and stuff inside of the game box along with the disc, don't throw the boxes away, and your games should be in good shape. :)

yeah i always remember going to friends houses over the years, and being in awe at the way they take care of their games!

heres my top 3 ways to care/take care of your games:

#3 Hate paper? hate ink on paper? fuck those little word filled paper packets that come with your games in the cases. #3 is idiots who have a bunch of games in their cases, but for some reason, they throw every single manual out(whether it be snes, ps1, or current gen DVD case games, these guys just cant stand looking at tree skin).

#2: CD BOOK!!!!!!!!

Do you get irritated when you look at your shinny new(never been inside a gamestop store quality) CD/DVD and think, "man, i dont only wanna have this game skip, i want ALL of my games to skip. but not only skip, i want them all to be together inside of one space saving case. it gets worse when they run out of room and start stacking 2 and 3 discs into one slot(4 to 6 if they double side it).

these morons are bad, but nothing tops #1

#1: Everyone has seen these failures. You guys prolly know what im about to say already. The scumbags who put 67 discs in a single CD spindle. >.<

omfg these guys suck.

What's wrong with CD cases? I've been using them to store my games for over a decade now, and they're all as pristine as the day they were purchased.

I mean, as soon as I open a game to take the disc out, the case gets placed with the rest of them (either in a drawer or a closet shelf), never to be touched again. I never even bother to look at the manuals, either, but it's not like I'm going to throw them away.

I'll post on tonight. Wish I saw this thread a while back when I was still collected and had tons of games. Trimmed my collection down a ton because I needed money. Its sad now lol. :drool:

[quote name='lmz00']I mean, as soon as I open a game to take the disc out, the case gets placed with the rest of them (either in a drawer or a closet shelf), never to be touched again. I never even bother to look at the manuals, either, but it's not like I'm going to throw them away.[/QUOTE]

Then what's the point? If you're not doing it to save space by getting rid of the cases, why not leave the games in them?

OK so I gotta ask. The people with 100s of games on here, do you just buy them to collect them? I mean, it doesn't seem like there is enough time in a lifetime to play some of these collections... I thought I was bad when I had like 150 games lol. And no I didn't play most of em so I trimmed down to like 20 lol.

[quote name='rainking187']Then what's the point? If you're not doing it to save space by getting rid of the cases, why not leave the games in them?[/QUOTE]
That's like asking "What's the point of using a Harmony remote, when you could just use the remotes for each of your devices to manually turn them on/switch between inputs?"

It's not about saving space. It's about avoiding the hassle of getting up to change games. I like keeping things simple. (With the ideal situation being having all of your games for a particular console on a hard drive or flash cart.)

i say this alot.

i dont buy games to play them(unless its current gen, and even then im a little girl about it). I buy games to stare/look/admire them.

not to mention i have roms for all old school games(that are worth owning) and all my current gen consoles are modded(PS3 will be soon!), so no need to even open the games up.

Also, @ LMZ00: Your discs are much safer in their original cases, as opposed to a case where the back of the cd/dvd is touching something(anything!). when you put them in and pull them out you take a huge chance of scratching the disc(not to mention BS that could be inside the cd holders that you cant see). then again, im afraid to wipe dust off my discs with a microfiber cloth, so i could be over exaggerating(doubtful, dvds and cds scratch way too easily).

There's only one good thing I've got to say about games and a CD book. That it seems to devalue everything to the 50 cent and $1 range when it winds up at yardsale XD

I can tell you from experience (having burned "Best of" music CDs) that they don't hold up for eight to ten years in a binder no matter how well you take care of them. Grit will get into those little plastic sleeves, so if you take them out enough you might as well start rubbing your discs with sandpaper.

I'm right there with you S.O.B. when it comes to disc care: the less horizontal movement, the better. I don't mind wiping off the little dust squiggles, but I try not to wipe any discs down unless they really need it (I did this with my Fear Effect disc recently, and though it didn't create any scratches there's an area of smudgedness that definitely differs from the pristine mintish look).

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']OK so I gotta ask. The people with 100s of games on here, do you just buy them to collect them? I mean, it doesn't seem like there is enough time in a lifetime to play some of these collections... I thought I was bad when I had like 150 games lol. And no I didn't play most of em so I trimmed down to like 20 lol.[/QUOTE]

I tend to keep games that I played thoroughly and had a good time doing so! Either I pick up games to play them or to revisit memories--I'm not one of those people that has to have a sealed boxset of every fucked up JRPG that comes out, sell that shit ;)

[quote name='StripesOrBars']ah, ps1 discs.

everything scratches them.

>.

[quote name='bg2001']Sorry for not wanting to dig through 40 pages of posts...can someone link to the 2 or 3 best collections in this thread?[/QUOTE]

... Really?

[quote name='bg2001']Sorry for not wanting to dig through 40 pages of posts...can someone link to the 2 or 3 best collections in this thread?[/QUOTE]

forget 2 or 3. here's the best:

[quote name='salty tbone']Enjoy your ticket to Awesometown folks.

ngaget.jpg

[/QUOTE]

I dont have a game collection per say. I have a Metroid Museum and posting all my photos here will break this site its so awesome. I do however have it hosted on photobucket for now.

So does that count?

VGM out...

[quote name='doodmandood']I love everyone's collections here.

I need to post mine.

Why does everyone have the demon cop plushie?

What is that?[/QUOTE]

It came with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2. They were clearanced out at Gamestop many months ago, hell maybe even last winter, because the packaging takes up so much space. I think it's called "Raiju"???

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='doodmandood']I love everyone's collections here.

I need to post mine.

Why does everyone have the demon cop plushie?

What is that?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='karkyco']It came with Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2. They were clearanced out at Gamestop many months ago, hell maybe even last winter, because the packaging takes up so much space.[/QUOTE]

Also known as JACK FROST, the (unofficial) mascot of Atlus =P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlus#Jack_Frost

Recently sold more then 100 games off. Just came to the conclution that I was buying games to have them, but never playing them. So here is my awesome collection now lol :roll:

007.jpg

At least you kept both copies of All Pro Football...

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Recently sold more then 100 games off. Just came to the conclution that I was buying games to have them, but never playing them. So here is my awesome collection now lol :roll:

007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Recently sold more then 100 games off. Just came to the conclution that I was buying games to have them, but never playing them. So here is my awesome collection now lol :roll:

007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I know the APF on 2 systems may seem weird. But I have friends on each system I play that game with. Was all about only keeping and buying games I play ;)

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I know the APF on 2 systems may seem weird. But I have friends on each system I play that game with. Was all about only keeping and buying games I play ;)[/QUOTE] Thats what I am in the process of doing right now. So many games that I will probably never play. Waste of space, time and money. I plan on only keeping my snes stuff and the current gen games which I am playing.

So I went and got a new TV for the place a few weekend ago and absolutely loving how well it fits into my corner. Also if you notice in the upper right hand corner I got my Club Nintendo reward too!

98134898.jpg

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']So I went and got a new TV for the place a few weekend ago and absolutely loving how well it fits into my corner. Also if you notice in the upper right hand corner I got my Club Nintendo reward too!

98134898.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get your entertainment center from? I'm looking for one, and I like your's! lol

[quote name='Zaku77']Where did you get your entertainment center from? I'm looking for one, and I like your's! lol[/QUOTE]

Yea I looked around for a while trying to find a good one before settling on that. Has a great amount of shelf space and easily holds all of my systems. Was thinking once next gen rolls around maybe building a little shelf on top of my Saturn and Dreamcast, but we shall see when the time comes.

Best thing about it though? It's very reasonably priced.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-LCD-Entertainment-Stand/11069965

Xbawksgaemz.jpg

Noticed a few games missing while unloading the shelves, gonna have to track'em down now.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']Those are some pretty snazzy looking cases... I should do that with my SNES/64 games...[/QUOTE]

You really should. I've got all of mine in those, best shelving decision of my life, they look fantastic.

007.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice. That's my goal. I have so many games I know I bought just because they're cheap. I'm selling pretty much everything aside from maybe 5-10 games and I'm giong to try adn keep it around that number.

bread's done
Back