Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

Don't get me wrong, GG has its place. But that place ISN'T on an adhesive label that you want to keep. I use it all the time to remove crap like polarizing film (which is a total bitch), stubborn adhesive on plastic parts, etc. I really like the gel formula. Stays in place really nicely ;)

OK, so I went all out on this vid. I even build a stupid camera rig really quick and a little tool for the Q-tips :p

http://youtu.be/IGE0Vb8IFuQ

You'll see how well the Bestine gets along with delicate N64 labels.

Here's a 2nd that shows how effective Bestine is versus Isopropyl.

http://youtu.be/9-PxowB2ZoE

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wiggyx']Don't get me wrong, GG has its place. But that place ISN'T on an adhesive label that you want to keep. I use it all the time to remove crap like polarizing film (which is a total bitch), stubborn adhesive on plastic parts, etc. I really like the gel formula. Stays in place really nicely ;)

OK, so I went all out on this vid. I even build a stupid camera rig really quick and a little tool for the Q-tips :p

http://youtu.be/9-PxowB2ZoE[/QUOTE]

Does Bestine work better if you let it sit (like Goo Gone does)? Or is it more of a 'once it's on, it's as good as it gets' type of solution?

No, because it won't "sit" LOL! It flashes off REALLY quickly. Think alcohol times like 20. It's a proper solvent. With that said, keep that shit away from heat. It'll go up like a Molotov cocktail.

I re-dipped that swap at one point and that's because it was BONE dry. Gotta work fast, but it does its job super fast, so it's not usually an issue ;)

wiggyx does that Bestine work well getting the old school yellow GS stickers that they used to put directly on the cover art of used games?

[quote name='doodmandood']Anyone have any ideas as to how to display pins?

My wife got me some Pokémon badges and I want to display them nicely but cheaply.[/QUOTE]

Use a regular photo frame (any cheapo one will do), take out the back and cut out a new back from foam board. Push the pins into the foam board, stick it in the photo frame, etc. You can figure out the rest.

Bonus: you could print out a page with a design and glue that on to the foam board to use as the background for the pins.

6960301509_09d3b7d1fe_b.jpg

pic of my setup

I await the day when my Uncle passes down the Sega Saturn with all of his games to me. That will be a glorious day. :lol: If I remember correctly, he had a bunch of them.

Me and the wife are in the process to move to another house(maybe in a month), and I was thinking if you guys can recommend any good shelves? Right now I'm using the ones from Bestbuy( Atlantic I think ) but I don't like them, they are not deep enough to hold the games completely, so one side of the games are like hanging in the air. Not a good idea when you have kids, and the bigger collectors editions - anime won't fit in the shelves. I have everything pack in boxes already, and I can't wait to show you my collection.

Well I just rearranged me dorm room and I like our new layout now. Figured I post some pics. Sorry for the mess I don't feel like cleaning up because I spend so much energy moving the desks and beds around -_-

Picture 1
32" HDTV
Star Wars Xbox 360
Kenwood 6.1 receiver
JBL sub

2w4i3w7.jpg

Picture 2
PS3
Altec Lansing ADA995 5.1 speaker set
Getting on Black Friday- 23" LCD monitor( will be using it for my PS3 and Macbook )

34s58b8.jpg

[quote name='Edwin29']Me and the wife are in the process to move to another house(maybe in a month), and I was thinking if you guys can recommend any good shelves? Right now I'm using the ones from Bestbuy( Atlantic I think ) but I don't like them, they are not deep enough to hold the games completely, so one side of the games are like hanging in the air. Not a good idea when you have kids, and the bigger collectors editions - anime won't fit in the shelves. I have everything pack in boxes already, and I can't wait to show you my collection.[/QUOTE]

Goodwill is a great place to look. Found all 3 of my big shelves there for $18-$20 a piece.

[quote name='Edwin29']Me and the wife are in the process to move to another house(maybe in a month), and I was thinking if you guys can recommend any good shelves? Right now I'm using the ones from Bestbuy( Atlantic I think ) but I don't like them, they are not deep enough to hold the games completely, so one side of the games are like hanging in the air. Not a good idea when you have kids, and the bigger collectors editions - anime won't fit in the shelves. I have everything pack in boxes already, and I can't wait to show you my collection.[/QUOTE]

You might want to consider bookshelves. Walmart has some really cheap ones that are good quality.

Main Shelf, current gen stuff.
598864_10151455935499056_1472864989_n.jpg

Last Gen games/current gen boxes
534738_10151455935739056_1594690695_n.jpg

Retro/controller shelf.
576256_10151455935074056_1413614318_n.jpg

TV/hooked up consoles(older setup, I have new one ready for when the WiiU hits)
421909_10150810730254056_550360160_n.jpg

Very nice.
Would be nicer if you had clearer pictures, though, purplecfh.

I should probably post a new pic of my games since I got a bunch of stuff and I won't be getting much more since I'm broke now. End of semester crunch is ganging up on me, though, so I don't really have the time.

[quote name='wiggyx']Don't get me wrong, GG has its place. But that place ISN'T on an adhesive label that you want to keep. I use it all the time to remove crap like polarizing film (which is a total bitch), stubborn adhesive on plastic parts, etc. I really like the gel formula. Stays in place really nicely ;)

http://youtu.be/9-PxowB2ZoE[/QUOTE]

These look like fetish videos for gamers. The q-tip one looks like you are stimulating the cart. :lol: I can't believe I didn't think of Bestine. I think they were one of my Dad's customers back in the day...Actually I can't believe he didn't think of that product.

Really nice collections guys!

[quote name='kayne2000']so whos collections are tripling with black friday looming???

perhaps some nice shelves are sale....[/QUOTE]

Not sure there are any real good deals this year... so far, the only two things I want are some points cards and 2 games. I already have a lot of the stuff that's on sale or the items I do want are not on sale.

Ya, I was hoping for some 3DS games but not seeing much... may try to grab Max Payne 3 at Target and I might grab X Com or Dishonored for Wal Mart's price (but probably at Target to make things easier, price matching for the win). But that is about it. I was hoping to get a cheap Kinect but nowhere seems to have it on sale... just seems like really weak sales though. Not impressed at all.

I am still moving into my new place, but here is my PS3 (non CE collection). This is the first time I've had most of my PS3 games in the same place, so I realize I have multiple copies of some of them. :lol:

BTW, These must be the 'new' Oskar shelves. My other 2 have deeper shelves. I may have enough left over from the other 2 to put on this one. ;)

PS3-Copy.jpg

PS32-Copy.jpg

PS33-Copy.jpg

PS34-Copy.jpg

PS35-Copy.jpg

PS36-Copy.jpg

[quote name='slowdive21']I am still moving into my new place, but here is my PS3 (non CE collection). This is the first time I've had most of my PS3 games in the same place, so I realize I have multiple copies of some of them. :lol:[/QUOTE]
If you want, I'll give you an address where you can send those duplicates and free up some space.

[quote name='slowdive21']
BTW, These must be the 'new' Oskar shelves. My other 2 have deeper shelves. I may have enough left over from the other 2 to put on this one. ;)
[/QUOTE]

The wood used for the shelves are also a lot thinner and as you can tell easily warped than the previous. But yeah, if you have leftovers from the older Oskar shelves, you should just use those since the new material are awful.

[quote name='kayne2000']ok whats with the duplicates and especially is lair so good you need 8 copies?? lol[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I actually curious about that as well. I have lots of multiples, but usually no more than 2 (1 new, 1 opened) or 3 (in case there's a worthwhile variant release).

Otherwise, everything looks really nice. I've always wanted a big, wide shelf like that. But man, those are some thin shelves...

The multiples of lair were form sears. I think I bought one on clearance at target for 6.98 or something, but the rest were 1.97 or less at sears back in the day. Uncharted I had bought 2 copies, found 1 at a garage sale, then bought the greatest hits ones when TRU had some crazy sale. I think they were $3 each or something because of a b1g1 when uncharted 2 came out.

IDK what happened with red faction. They are all form target. I think this one went into the clearance cycle 2 times (2 years apart) and I thought it was a different Red Faction game.

Usually I buy 3 of every game if they are cheap. 1 to play, 1 to keep sealed, and one for my brother or to sell. My brother hasn't opened his PS3 yet, so he hasn't raided my collection yet. I think he is getting Lair and Red Faction for xmas. :lol:

EDIT: I should also point out I probably paid $10 or less for every game on the shelves.

I'm also a hoarder. I can't pass up a cheap CE, so I do tend to have multiples of those. I know I have too many Helghast, Infamous 2, and Uncharted 3 CEs at my parents house...probably 6-8 of each. I have a problem. 8-[

I also stopped (consistently) selling on ebay this year, so I have tons of stuff in general from my selling days. I plan to relaunch the business next year after I get settled into my new place.

Here is a random tip for everyone: If you need to store PS3 or blurays, you can fit 15 in the Energizer boxes they have at Sam's Club/Costco (I may have already posted this in the past).

[quote name='Vinny']Oh, that makes more sense. You can actually find some cheap games where you live...:lol:[/QUOTE]

All the stores in my area are always cleaned out almost immediately when things go on clearance. I wish I had his kind of luck. T___T

[quote name='Squarehard']All the stores in my area are always cleaned out almost immediately when things go on clearance. I wish I had his kind of luck. T___T[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Same goes for me.

[quote name='Squarehard']The wood used for the shelves are also a lot thinner and as you can tell easily warped than the previous. But yeah, if you have leftovers from the older Oskar shelves, you should just use those since the new material are awful.[/QUOTE]

I bought some from BBY and thought they would go with my old one, boy was I wrong. I took that thing apart so fast and took it straight back!! I am really disappointed with the way the way they are manufactured now.

I'm going to get some custom shelving done, I'm just waiting on somebody to give me an estimate. I plan on having something pretty sweet with sliding shelves!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My Collection Album Pictures (More Detailed Pictures): http://s877.photobucket.com/albums/ab334/girlracer99lude/Video%20Game%20Collection/

Pictures are clickable

Where games can be played:
- 40" LCD in Living Room
- 32" LCD in Arcade
- 30" Widesrceen CRT in Arcade
- Sony 3D Display with PS3 in Office

Shelves:

- PS3

- Wii

- PS2, GameCube, Xbox

- Sega, NES, SNES, N64

- PS1, Dreamcast, DS, PSP, 3DS, Vita, Atari, Misc