Your Desktop Screenshot

man you guys are crazy- i right click, arange icons by, show desktop icons. easy as that and all of your icons have dissapeared.......to get them back redo that process and its easy if you wanna show-off your sweet desktop to some friends

[quote name='redgopher'][quote name='defender']I didnt need a program.

First make sure your taskbar is NOT locked...you can right click the taskbar for that.

Then turn on the Quick Launch which again is a right click on the task bar...

Now drag the quick launch off the taskbar (you do this by clickin the left side of the quick launch text)

Now just drag any shortcuts into the quick launch window and place it where you want to..you can resize it too.[/quote]

But you can't change the color, or hide the titlebar, or have multiple "pages" of icons or have tabs for those pages, etc, etc.[/quote]

I dont need all that.

I arrange the hell out of my Start menu so I don't have to hunt for programs and I don't have a cluttered desktop.

Of course, I have worked on a few machines for people where they had so many icons on the desktop, the desktop would actually scroll so you could see all the icons.

heres mine, but after the JPEG convertion, its blurrier..

FoShoWallpaperx.JPG

Here's mine on my Win98 desktop. I open most of my programs through the Start menu or via keyboard shortcuts, so I took the minimalist approach. I love that picture; it's so peaceful.

desktop.jpg

On my XP laptop, I just use the default Gateway background because it's a Tablet PC; I rotate the screen to portrait mode a lot, so if I use a background that isn't designed for it, it will look distorted.

For reference, I use that program and just point it to my Falcoon folder, so I've got a new wallpaper every day of the year. Some favorites:

8 (somewhat visible nipples in this one. Look out if you're at work.)

[quote name='Wshakspear']are there any higher resolutions #6's out there? i love JSR[/quote]

God, I wish there was. I love JSR too and it's a good pic. When it comes up I just have to set it to center.

[quote name='epobirs']I'm not sure but I'm told on job interviews I have a shady background. So it's hard to offer an image.[/quote]

Well played! :applause:

[quote name='jmcc'][quote name='Wshakspear']are there any higher resolutions #6's out there? i love JSR[/quote]

God, I wish there was. I love JSR too and it's a good pic. When it comes up I just have to set it to center.[/quote]

That makes me sad. I no longer can find the XBN #1 cover that i scanned at a super high rate and edited all the XBN stuff off.

BTW, my resolution at home is 1600x1200...i dont find too many fitting wallpapers anyways :)

Wow this is a pretty good thread, nice Defender! Got some great ideas to spruce up my computer (the quick launch thing) and some spiffy artwork.

:applause:

[quote name='MisterRaven'][quote name='epobirs']I'm not sure but I'm told on job interviews I have a shady background. So it's hard to offer an image.[/quote]

Well played! :applause:[/quote]

THank you, thank you. I'm here through eternity.

[quote name='jimbodan']
desktop1.jpg

I just love the tears and look on Kobe's face, absolutely priceless, especially for a King's fan.[/quote]

lmao... superb

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']
desktop.jpg

always with the Gorillaz.[/quote]

lol, wuts with the new folders? :?

heh, I like those funny replacement icons :)

desktop.jpg

I like it clean! I also put together the Silver XP theme variant you see. No Windows branding here.

im too lazy to do this but i got this real sexy pic of carmen electra as my wallpaper.........im kinda looking for a really sexy michael jackson one though(NOT) or a cool threads of fate one

[quote name='HYDE']
desktop.jpg

I like it clean! I also put together the Silver XP theme variant you see. No Windows branding here.[/quote]

How'd you make the theme with the different Start icon?

alongx: It's been a while, but you'll first need Resource Hacker

http://www.users.on.net/~johnson/resourcehacker/

Then you'll need to read tutorials from there. There's a few odd steps, like deleting the prefetch copy of explorer.exe among other things (if I remember correctly), so if you're squeamish about it, it's best to buy one of those style mod programs. I did my work with a hacked uxtheme.dll and resource hacker as I used the default windows theme as a base. Keep in mind though - every time you windows update, with this method, your explorer.exe gets hosed and you have to do it all over again. My start menu also says Hadoken vertically instead of Windows XP, also doable with Resource Hacker (it's a graphic replacement). Poke around here too http://www.themexp.org/

bread's done
Back