Your Desktop Screenshot

Tila.jpg

can't get enough of tila

[quote name='HYDE']alongx: It's been a while, but you'll first need Resource Hacker

http://www.users.on.net/~johnson/resourcehacker/

Then you'll need to read tutorials from there. There's a few odd steps, like deleting the prefetch copy of explorer.exe among other things (if I remember correctly), so if you're squeamish about it, it's best to buy one of those style mod programs. I did my work with a hacked uxtheme.dll and resource hacker as I used the default windows theme as a base. Keep in mind though - every time you windows update, with this method, your explorer.exe gets hosed and you have to do it all over again. My start menu also says Hadoken vertically instead of Windows XP, also doable with Resource Hacker (it's a graphic replacement). Poke around here too http://www.themexp.org/[/quote]

Thanks for the tip! I appreciate it.

Holy hell AlCapone.. I don't know if I've ever seen a Start center with that many damn icons.. you know you can remove those correct? :p

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']
desktop.jpg

always with the Gorillaz.[/quote]

looks like mine, naruto is tite, im on ep 85 and you play Warcraft III:FT too? whats your handle? im Greenstuff on west server.

a little off topic but i had to add that i see alot of win98 and 2000s here and i am suprised, i bearly switch to xp 2 months ago and 98se was much more haxxor resistant. its too bad that MS is taking it off their support list soon. (this nov so i was told)

[quote name='rimsforsale']a little off topic but i had to add that i see alot of win98 and 2000s here and i am suprised, i bearly switch to xp 2 months ago and 98se was much more haxxor resistant. its too bad that MS is taking it off their support list soon. (this nov so i was told)[/quote]

I cannot imagine what give you that impression. The majority of compromises are to the IE code base. The bulk of this, holes and all, is identical for Win9x and the newer NT-derivatives. Also there were numerous Win9x holes in functions that are performed so differently under Win2K/XP that the same compromise didn't work there.

You don't see as much Win9x specific stuff because that field has been largely played out. There isn't any glory in reporting new holes in a product with a declining user base. Likewise there is little interest in performing new Win9x exploits because using that severely date platform is punishment in of itself. I was pretty happy when I first installed a Mephis Beta seven years ago and saw all the little improvements over Win95 but that was seven friggin' years ago. I'm far too attached to the greater sophistication and functionality of 2K/XP to ever go back. I don't spend a lot of time worrying about security holes except in terms of my more gullible clients. I've never had a successful compromise against any of my systems but I can't be there to protect against social engineering which exploits the single biggest unpatchable security hole.

[quote name='rimsforsale'][quote name='godhatesjustyou']
desktop.jpg

always with the Gorillaz.[/quote]

looks like mine, naruto is tite, im on ep 85 and you play Warcraft III:FT too? whats your handle? im Greenstuff on west server.[/quote]

yeah, i play wc3. my sn is LongStarrr on west also, just talk to me whenever i play. i mostly play custom though, but i do decent on a real game.

bread's done
Back