Your favorite Collector Edition releases?

My favorite was the Bioshock CE. That statue was awesome (plus the behind the scenes DVD and CD), especially for only $10 over the regular game.

bioshock_SE.jpg

I also really liked the Bioshock 2 CE:

bioshock-2-special-edition-goodies.jpg

[quote name='ihadFG']

bioshock-2-special-edition-goodies.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Second'd on the Bioshock 2 CE, especially after getting it from Target for $17.48 or so.;)

As for me, my favorite thus far has been:

:ps3:GTA IV Special Edition

grand-theft-auto-iv-special-edition-20070626114525404.jpg

I've never bought a collectors edition but i thought Fallout 3 and BioShock 2 were pretty cool.
fallout-3-collectors-edition-20080603095448462.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Blizzard CE's are always awesome, since they come with excellent art books, making-of discs, and soundtracks, and other stuff specific to the game.

I really liked Fallout: New Vegas' CE as well, the replica chips and deck of cards are really, really cool, although I wish it had a proper art book instead of the comic.

Bioshock 2's CE is also excellent, and the posters really went above and beyond when I discovered that they have secret messages under blacklight.

Lastly, had I paid full price for the Halo: Reach Legendary Edition, I might not have been so impressed, but for $60, that's one hell of a set. I love CE's that are in-game flavored, with things that enhance the story and seem like something that might otherwise be in the game, so this was really quite cool to me.

I think they are a waste of money. That said I have never owned any (until tomorrow) so it is hard to say. I finally bought splinter CC for $28 on Amazon just so I can say I own one.

Those of you with the Bioshock 2 CE should run a blacklight over the posters..

/edit: just saw that JasonTerminator mentioned this. Drat.

Blizzard's CE's for all 3 Expansions are easily my favorites followed closely by Alan Wake's (just for it's design).

Fallout 3's wasn't all that bad and neither was ME2's CE. I usually don't splurge on the one that 100 bucks or more.

Only one I ever bought was for MGS4.. and it wasn't all that hard to let go in a trade for Bioshock2 and Mercs 2.

i missed out on these. I forgot how awesome Working Designs was :(

Bayonetta Climax
Bayonetta-Climax-Edition-X360.png

Elemental Gearbolt
medium_elementalgearbolt.jpg

Lunar Complete
psx_lunarsssc_ntsc_cib.jpg

Lunar 2
games023_2.jpg

Arc the Lad collector
arc-setup2_480_poster.jpg

Shogun 2 Collector
152754_detail2.jpg

[quote name='Japakneez']i missed out on these. I forgot how awesome Working Designs was :(

Lunar Complete
psx_lunarsssc_ntsc_cib.jpg

[/QUOTE]

That was my first special edition and it's still my favorite. I love the Lunar 2 and Arc The Lad Collection bundles too but Silver Star is still the best. It really sucks WD is gone though... their games were always something else.

I second the GTA IV Special Edition. I use that duffel bag to store the boxes for other special editions I've bought.:lol:

---

I've wanted those Lunar sets for eons.

---

Two of my favorite special editions are the ones for BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger for its incredible soundtrack CDs and this set for Deathsmiles:

picture.php

The CD is also very good in that one.

none of them. ive only come close to buying one and that was the gow3 set and im very damn glad i didnt fall for it especially after being so dissappointed by the story overall. some of the extras look cool but for me i dont collect figures and such so its all kind of a waste to me and when you look at how fast they drop in price its only worth getting if you can find it very cheap.

I opened up my Lunar SSSC recently and whatever ink they used to print that awful map had adhered itself to the CD case.

:whistle2:|

At least it wasn't like the Demon's Souls Special Edition, where the ink from the guide's cover was coming off on your hands, I believe. Although they did rectify that by doing that replacement program.

Fallout 3's is probably my personal favorite, due to the lunchbox, which has made for a cool box to put all of my driver CDs in. I really liked Halsey's journal in the Reach Limited/Legendary Editions.

Yeah Halsey's Journal in the Halo Reach editions was very well done. I am not a fan of statues at all (no desire to get the AC limited editions) but if it's books or literature type stuff that really add to the universe, I'm all for that. I also like if they add in items from the game- i.e. Fallout 3's bobbleheads and lunch boxes.

That said, it is no surprise that I like the Alan Wake CE too. A good presentation and a content-heavy companion book. I have not opened mine though :)

I also like the Bioshock 2 for the big artbook and a nice presentation.

Among CE's I don't own, the Blizzard stuff always seems pretty content-heavy as well, with high quality add-ins like real CD soundtracks, big artbooks, etc. I also thought the Okamiden special edition for the DS (Japan only) was pretty cool looking. Again, a nice presentation with some worthwhile, content-heavy add-ins (in Okamiden's case, a novel about the game characters).

I think there is a trend in my comments...

[quote name='metaly']I opened up my Lunar SSSC recently and whatever ink they used to print that awful map had adhered itself to the CD case.

:whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I've had mine since launch and it's still fine... sounds like you've got issues with the climate (possibly too much condensation build up over the years).

[quote name='Rodimus']That Elemental Gearbolt CE looks awesome. How many of those did they make? I've never seen them.[/QUOTE]

http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstation_perfect_guide/features/assassin_case/index.html

I thought they produced 200 of those but apparently not, only 50 with 3 confirmed owners. I'm guessing Vic's got the other 47 in his closet, ready to sell when he needs money.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']At least it wasn't like the Demon's Souls Special Edition, where the ink from the guide's cover was coming off on your hands, I believe. Although they did rectify that by doing that replacement program.[/QUOTE]

I loved that replacement program. After removing the cover from the "bad" guide to send in for the replacement guide, like so many others I was able to sell the remains of the "bad" one onto ebay for $50. :D

[quote name='Vinny']I thought they produced 200 of those but apparently not, only 50 with 3 confirmed owners. I'm guessing Vic's got the other 47 in his closet, ready to sell when he needs money.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of that anyone have a link to his ebay auctions? I'm interested in what ol' Vic is selling these days.

Many of Atlus' games are very good, although I don't ALWAYS like the soundtracks they come with, but they could grow on me in time.

bread's done
Back