Your Most Aggravating Achievements?

Butter.Loaf

CAG Veteran
hey everybody. i'm new here :)
just tryin to start out with a conversation-starter

What's the most aggravating achievement(s) you have/haven't done?

Some of mine were finding All of the flags in Assassin's Creed :bomb:
Mile High club in COD4 also (took me 6 tries...)

The online achievements in Gears of War that require you to be in ranked matches are idiotic. I can't believe their system that prevents you from playing with friends. That has to be one of the worst things about the game.

Finding all of the orbs in Crackdown is pretty stupid, too.

Pretty much any achievement, that requires you to be online or do something online, when there are absolutely no people who play that game online anymore.

Ignoring spelling and grammar mistakes.

Probably beating the game as Richter in Castlevania:SoTN because I can't play that trash in 2008.

really MSoft should make sure game developers have the achievements broken up into half regular game other half online content. Too many games have it stacked on one side or the other. On aggravating game front some of Dead Rising Achievements were just obnoxious and tedious

Criterion elite in Burnout Paradise was definitely aggravating. You have to find all billboards, super jumps, and smash gates. Actually, figuring out how to reach the billboards and super jumps could be fun, but at one point I had smashed 398/400 gates. I randomly found the remaining two while just driving around one day.

Wait...

Mile Club Club only took you 6 tries??

Thats what I was going to post but now I feel very inferior considering it took me about 6 hours spread over a few days. 6 tries must be a record.

hey everybody. i'm new here :)
just tryin to start out with a conversation-starter

What's the most aggravating achievement(s) you have/haven't done?

Some of mine were finding All of the flags in Assassin's Creed :bomb:
Mile High club in COD4 also (took me 6 tries...)

The online achievements in Gears of War that require you to be in ranked matches are idiotic. I can't believe their system that prevents you from playing with friends. That has to be one of the worst things about the game.

Finding all of the orbs in Crackdown is pretty stupid, too.

Pretty much any achievement, that requires you to be online or do something online, when there are absolutely no people who play that game online anymore.

Ignoring spelling and grammar mistakes.

Probably beating the game as Richter in Castlevania:SoTN because I can't play that trash in 2008.

really MSoft should make sure game developers have the achievements broken up into half regular game other half online content. Too many games have it stacked on one side or the other. On aggravating game front some of Dead Rising Achievements were just obnoxious and tedious

Criterion elite in Burnout Paradise was definitely aggravating. You have to find all billboards, super jumps, and smash gates. Actually, figuring out how to reach the billboards and super jumps could be fun, but at one point I had smashed 398/400 gates. I randomly found the remaining two while just driving around one day.

Wait...

Thats what I was going to post but now I feel very inferior considering it took me about 6 hours spread over a few days. 6 tries must be a record.

I hate those achievements where you have to kill X amount of guys with one attack

For example:
5 guys with the black hole in The Darkness
5 guys with one grenade in Kane And Lynch

Getting all the damn coins in Naruto: Rise of a Ninja.

Actually, that one was glitched for a while (and I believe some still are). Those are the most frustrating, since you can't get them. ;)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Wait...

Thats what I was going to post but now I feel very inferior considering it took me about 6 hours spread over a few days. 6 tries must be a record.[/quote]

He left off a couple 0's. It took me 10 hours over 2 days non-stop.

I think I'll speak for my friend, she was playing Orange Box and trying to get the gnome achievement (where you carry it from beginning of the game to when you get to the rocket) thing is though one day I asked her how far she was in episode 2 and she said "The part where you have to defend the silo's, it's friggin impossible with the gnome." To which I nervously responded "Um, you know when you talk to the professor and meet up with everyone including Heady there's a hatch you're supposed to put the gnome in and that's how you get the achievement." "Are you fucking serious?" "..Yup." "..." I don't think she's gone back to the game since.

Achievement That I've Done: Gears of War Seriously Achievement - It took 12,054 kills for it it to unlock.

Achievements That I Haven't Done: Dead Rising 5 and 7 Day Survivor Achievement - I'm waiting for some vacation time before I even attempt these.

/sidenote: I really wish companies would take a page from Valve's approach to Achievements with The Orange Box. I like how it kept track of your progress and how you could easily access your Achievements from the pause menu.

Mile High Club - COD4
While it only took me about 3 hours, it was painful. And so so rewarding.
Personally, I had even more trouble with No Fighting in the War Room.

Veteran achievements - COD2
Need I say more? One area in particular was just unfair. Then you had to be a perfect sniper afterwards. :bomb:

Treasure Trove - Lost Odyssey
Ok, Mistwalker? I love your RPG's. Your studio has some great talent. But seriously, 100% collection achievements blow. Take some notes from Tomb Raider: Legend.

The same to Ubisoft. fuck your coin and flag collections in Naruto ROAN and Assassin's Creed. Nothing buy a petty way to trick the player into thinking the game is longer.

[quote name='Limpbizkit182521']Grr I'm still missing 1 orb in Crackdown.[/quote]

Can I join the "499 out of 500" club?

Halo 3's 2 guys 1 Laser. I hate that most online achievements have to be done in ranked free for all. Stupid. In ranked, I should be focusing on winning, not hauling around a laser all the time.

And welcome, OP.

[quote name='englishsandwich']Halo 3's 2 guys 1 Laser. I hate that most online achievements have to be done in ranked free for all. Stupid. In ranked, I should be focusing on winning, not hauling around a laser all the time.[/quote]
Thank god for Halloween matchmaking or I would have never gotten that one.

mile high club by far

haven't done 5 or 7 day achievement for dead rising

and I predict that GTA 4 will have a hard one

Hexic - Grand Pearl Pooh-Bah frustrated me for a while. Most puzzle games require you to move quickly and go on instinct, but Hexic is best played slowly...always planning several moves ahead. It took me too many attempts to finally get it.

Crackdown - I had 499 for a long time and was getting so frustrated, and then one night I was just messing around on the street and happened to glance up at a building and there it was...the final orb...completely out in the open, not hidden whatsoever.

Dig Dug - There was an achievement for digging out an entire level, which is only moderately difficult to do, but for some reason, the achievement would not unlock. After doing it for the 5th or 6th time, it just magically unlocked.

There are achievements much harder than these that don't cause nearly as much frustration.

The Head Chomper achievement in Alien Hominid HD. I tried it one day, but I kept messing up at only 20-something and this was on the one Russian level where people have recommended doing it. I'll try it later when I have enough time and patience.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Pretty much any achievement, that requires you to be online or do something online, when there are absolutely no people who play that game online anymore.[/quote]

I agree.

Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting - Beating the game without losing a round
Scene It - Answering 60 questions without answering 1 wrong
Also there is a long list of XBLA achievements I don't even want to get into.

What bugs me the most is that i ever cared enough about a stupid achivement to let it ruin my game play experince ^_^

[quote name='djbooba']
Scene It - Answering 60 questions without answering 1 wrong
[/quote]
Matters if you're doing it truthfully or using Google to answer the questions. Also, you can just skip questions. It doesn't have to be 60 questions in a row.

[quote name='Codemaster']Matters if you're doing it truthfully or using Google to answer the questions. Also, you can just skip questions. It doesn't have to be 60 questions in a row.[/quote]
Yeah but there are only like 75 questions in a long game. I refused to cheat on a game like that. I'm proud of my 810 already.

chain killer in lost planet was hard for me took me like 2 weeks to get but i was really happy when i got it.and the glue achivement in Robotron: 2084 wasnt really hard just hectic

[quote name='bardockkun']I think I'll speak for my friend, she was playing Orange Box and trying to get the gnome achievement (where you carry it from beginning of the game to when you get to the rocket) thing is though one day I asked her how far she was in episode 2 and she said "The part where you have to defend the silo's, it's friggin impossible with the gnome." To which I nervously responded "Um, you know when you talk to the professor and meet up with everyone including Heady there's a hatch you're supposed to put the gnome in and that's how you get the achievement." "Are you fucking serious?" "..Yup." "..." I don't think she's gone back to the game since.[/quote]

I almost missed that one.

I knew the gnome had to go into the rocket, and so, I put him in there. No achievement. Figured it would eventually just unlock, so I moved onto the defending area.

Luckily, I had been staggering my gamesaves, so it was easy enough to just load the closest save. I didn't close the door on the rocket the first time, which activates the achievement.

There are plenty of aggravating achievements I haven't done probably not a lot that I have. :D

One that annoyed me a bit is Condemned having a cheesemint for completing the game using only melee weapons and another for firing a shot with every weapon in the game. I just thought it as a contrived way to force cheesemint whores into playing the game twice. (I didn't bother.)

But the most annoying cheesemints are the obnoxious online multiplayer ones like win 50 games or play online for 10 hours or get 5000 kills etc.

[quote name='wubb']There are plenty of aggravating achievements I haven't done probably not a lot that I have. :D

One that annoyed me a bit is Condemned having a cheesemint for completing the game using only melee weapons and another for firing a shot with every weapon in the game. I just thought it as a contrived way to force cheesemint whores into playing the game twice. (I didn't bother.)

But the most annoying cheesemints are the obnoxious online multiplayer ones like win 50 games or play online for 10 hours or get 5000 kills etc.[/quote]

I agree with the penguin, but I'll take it a step further...Any Cheesemints that involve online gameplay are the worst (I'm looking at you, Gears of War). Unless it's a dedicated MMO, the achievements should be available offline too.

Oh, and the one From Dead Rising where you have to kill over 40K zombies...how will I ever?!?

Call of Duty 4 Veteran: Call me crazy or lucky but I didn't have as much trouble with Mile High Club as I had just beating Veteran mode as a whole. Especially with that bloody TV station and the level after Shock and Awe. Mile High Club was all about practicing and perfecting a run, while the normal game on Veteran was just an exercise in frustration with the respawning and sometimes check points (No Fighting in the War Room :bomb:).

The Simpsons: The Game Timetrials: Maybe it's because I had a bad headcold at the time I rented it, was trying to get all the achievements before taking it back, and the game for some reason made me nauseous, but I still remember how crappy sitting there and grinding away all the time trials was.

Half-Life 2: I know it's nothing compared to the Gnome one but having to find all those Black Masa crates/caches was a pain due to no check points.

And that's about it on ones that I've completed. I still need to get around to finishing up Gears of War, Forza 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and I know all of those games have some really annoying ones. Espesally that 1,000 kills (GoW) and something about over 1million credits earned online (Forza2).

Oh by the way, welcome aboard OP. Be sure to try to join us for some CAG nights, they're a blast!

I just got the One Free Bullet achievement in HL 2 Ep. 1 and it was frustrating me. I figured it would be a fun challenge but I hated doing it. I really just wanted to shoot some people but I was so close to the end I just finished it out. I'll no longer sacrifice my enjoyment I get out of a game for some achievement.

I tried to get the cheesemint in Lost Planet for beating it on Extreme but I couldn't get past the first boss, tried for about 3 hours before I gave it up, that was very frustrating.

Getting the one in Blazng Angels for getting medals on every mission was tough, took me ages to get the medal on the Paris mission.

That level in COD2 on Veteran that someone mentioned earlier was frustrating as well, where you have to take the buildings then snipe from the top of the Silo. Took me ages till I realised you were best just running into the buildings and trying to find a safe spot.

I hate those achievements where you have to kill X amount of guys with one attack

For example:
5 guys with the black hole in The Darkness
5 guys with one grenade in Kane And Lynch

bread's done
Back