You're in the Movies (360) $10 at Best Buy B&M after $10 off RZ coupon (until 5/17)

splintercell

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's free Gamers Club has an in-store coupon for $10 off a bunch of PC games as well as You're in the Movies for the Xbox 360. Since the game + Live Vision camera bundle retails for $20, this should take it down to $10.

Update 5/5: As several helpful folks have pointed out, the item seems to be currently on sale at BB for $9.99 even without the coupon, so if the coupon is also accepted it may end up being free, but YMMV on that.

Update 5/11: It looks like the temporary sale is now over, so it once again rings up at the full $19.99, and with the RZ coupon it comes down to $9.99. The free ride looks to be over.

This looks to be the link to check stock availability in stores (which seems pretty limited already, but the stock levels don't seem completely accurate): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...product&skuId=9112514&productId=1218024597755

The coupon is currently the fourth item in the Special Offers list under the Gamers Club section of the RZ site.

Direct link to coupon (probably have to signed into your RZ account): https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_10

Coupon valid from 5/4 through 5/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up one, thanks OP.

It never occured to me to try and grab more than 1 with the coupon. I might go back later and pick up a few more. I know a friend who would like one, and I'm just greedy enough to flip the combo some where for cash or credit.

I picked up 1 this morning free, but then my brother wanted one. And seeing as I'm closest to the one Best Buy that had it in stock, I went back for another two (my friend wanted one too - next time I should shut my big mouth ;) ). Anyway for the second trip I got there right before the store closed, and the normal register was closed and had to pay through customer service (gasp!). She wouldn't let me use the coupon on more than one of them. I politely pointed out that the coupon does say "Limit 3" and I was only getting 2 but she wouldn't do it. I figured I was lucky enough to get a customer service person to give me one free at all and I knew that if I fought it and she called over a manager I wouldn't be walking out with anything free haha So I just paid the $11 and left. Still, 3 cameras for 3.33 ain't bad at all =) So consider more than one YMMV.

Oh and as a side note, the first Best Buy I went to didn't have any but said they had a bunch last week which she found to be odd. When she checked to make sure there wasn't more in the back she said that since no one was buying them, they sent them back to distribution (whatever that means). I asked her to check if any other stores around had them (I live about 15 min from about 5 of them in all directions ;) ) She said all but one store had them in stock (the one I got the 3 from). It had 10 of them to be exact. So I don't know if the surrounding stores sent their stock to that one store or they just happened to be the only ones that decided to keep them in stock or what. But that story coupled with the $10 price seems to be that they just want to be rid of them at this point and could probably be why they're OOS everywhere.

Noticed it was marked at 9.99 and just for chance I showed the coupon- he was certain it wouldn't work, but it was FREE. I believe these cameras can be used with a PC, too.

Great week to be a CAG!

I wish i had read this thread correctly the first time. I thought it was $10 AFTER coupon. I've been ignoring this thread the entire time, and now the only BBs that have it are 30+ miles away. I might just bite the bullet and take the trip anyway.

OK so yeah I knew this would probably be YMMV and that the BB manager would be a stickler on this. So... game on! I love a challenge!

I walk in and see 6 of the boxes. Price tag shows $9.99. It does not say "Sale" or anything. Boxes don't have anything either. Cool.

Walk up to cashier with 3 (limit per coupon). She scans them and I hand her the coupon. I say, it says I can use this 3 times for $10 ea. She starts to be a B!TCH right off the bat and starts acting like she is the manager. First she says this coupon isn't real. Then she says the game is on sale and the coupon doesn't apply (um, I thought you said it was not real?!?), then she says the item has to be $10.00 to use the coupon, then she says she will have to get a manager. I (calmly and politely) told her that she should follow the instructions on the coupon and scan my Rewards card to see if that would help. Heh, she didn't like that.
smile.gif

So, Manager guy comes over, voids the transaction and starts over. He manually adjusts the games to $10.00 and scans the coupon. He was ready to give up and then I said that the coupon requires you to scan my rewards card. He scanned it and... DINK. $0.00 for the total. Woohoo! I didn't even have to pay the 9.75% sales tax.
smile.gif

I should add that I told the cashier and the Manager that the game price tag on the shelf didn't mention it was on sale. Plus, when it was rung up, it run up at $9.99 and not $29.99 - $20.00 = $9.99 like sale items usually do.

Now, I'm not sure if it was his manual adjustment of the price to $10.00 or just the fact they would never follow through with the scan of my rewards card. Either way, I'm happy. I'll be keeping 1 for myself and making 2 new friends in the IT Dept at work.
smile.gif
LOL!
bbreceipt.jpg

Thanks for posting this OP.

I actually grabbed the last two in my area, and then another CAGer came in with the same coupon while I was talking with the BB employee about finding some 10 dollar 007s. So I gave him one. He looked grateful (and surprised), so I felt good about it. I personally hate going home empty handed. Glad I could hook you up mystery CAGer.

[quote name='RamHawk']
bbreceipt.jpg
[/quote]

That is a BEAUTIFUL site! I searched and sadly my store shows none in stock. Oh well I bought a bundle for $14 last week and already sold the game so no big loss..

Hey um......now that we all have webcams we should go on Uno and have a weiner shaking contest. :joystick:

lol

[quote name='Fighterspledge']Thanks for posting this OP.

I actually grabbed the last two in my area, and then another CAGer came in with the same coupon while I was talking with the BB employee about finding some 10 dollar 007s. So I gave him one. He looked grateful (and surprised), so I felt good about it. I personally hate going home empty handed. Glad I could hook you up mystery CAGer.[/quote]

This is a lesson to be learned, CAG, there are still good people out there.

I took my chance at the Oceanside, CA store (slightly closer to me) even after checking that link for store availability and they had none. The woman that helped me and my friend said that they had 2 left in San Marcos and 6 in Encinitas. With a sigh, I decided to drive over to SM, jumped on the 78 freeway and about 1 mile down there was a huge accident which backed up traffic for a while. It took about 20 minutes total to get out of bumper to bumper traffic and then another 15 minutes to get to the store.

We rushed in and saw the shelves picked clean and started walking away in defeat, my friend saying a bunch of obscenities under his breath (lol). I look down the main video game aisle and there you were with both remaining copies in your hands. We kept walking but I wanted to see if they were really them and sure enough they were. I was surprised when you offered your other copy to me when I asked about it. Thanks so much for giving me your 2nd copy, I really appreciate it and so does my friend (one of the reasons we got it was to run around with our mugs on Rainbow 6 Vegas).

:applause:

[quote name='TortillaSoup']This is a lesson to be learned, CAG, there are still good people out there.

I took my chance at the Oceanside, CA store (slightly closer to me) even after checking that link for store availability and they had none. The woman that helped me and my friend said that they had 2 left in San Marcos and 6 in Encinitas. With a sigh, I decided to drive over to SM, jumped on the 78 freeway and about 1 mile down there was a huge accident which backed up traffic for a while. It took about 20 minutes total to get out of bumper to bumper traffic and then another 15 minutes to get to the store.

We rushed in and saw the shelves picked clean and started walking away in defeat, my friend saying a bunch of obscenities under his breath (lol). I look down the main video game aisle and there you were with both remaining copies in your hands. We kept walking but I wanted to see if they were really them and sure enough they were. I was surprised when you offered your other copy to me when I asked about it. Thanks so much for giving me your 2nd copy, I really appreciate it and so does my friend (one of the reasons we got it was to run around with our mugs on Rainbow 6 Vegas).

:applause:[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Wow, wish I could have gotten it for free, I totally regret paying for this in every aspect. The game is terrible and so is the camera. I don't know if it's because I have a bookshelf behind me rather than a blank wall, but the camera rarely recognizes me in the game. It's terrible.

Thanks, I'll check this out in the morning. Hope it doesn't get canned by corporate and maybe I'll think of something to purchase with it.

[quote name='$hady']
Hey um......now that we all have webcams we should go on Uno and have a weiner shaking contest. :joystick:

lol[/quote]

You would like that wouldn't you? And how would one win such a contest?

i had no problems getting this for free. I think I got the last one from the Akron, Oh store (Montrose). I bought it along with a multiformat card reader that I needed, coupon scanned immediately.

Already have the camera, so I'll either keep this one for a backup, or trade it into GS. I just wanted the game for the kids who love acting silly in front of a camera.

I managed to grab 2 last night at the Tustin Marketplace. Decided to buy some candy with it just so I didn't look or feel bad. Had no issues. Cashier scan and done. :D

My store had a "instore promotion" sale sign right by them stating they were normally 19.99 but 9.99 now so I was afraid it wouldn't work and decided to only get one. It ended up working no problems at all (meaning I got it free), which sucks cause I would have gotten another for a friend but oh well.

[quote name='js1']Will the camera work on the PS3?[/QUOTE]

You know, that's an interesting question. I'd assume not, except it does work on PC, and it is USB, and the PS3 uses a lot of standard USB stuff, so.....

The PS3 camera does have microphones built in though I think.

Snagged the last three (that I saw) at the Kendall (Miami) Best Buy... $0.00, with no questions asked.

[edit] and yes, this was today... so it's still working.

Got 1 at the Mayfield Heights, OH store. There were still a few left.

I tried to ring 2 through in the same transaction, but even though the coupon said you could purchase up to 3 it only took the discount off of 1.

[quote name='jgressley']
I tried to ring 2 through in the same transaction, but even though the coupon said you could purchase up to 3 it only took the discount off of 1.[/QUOTE]

This happened with me, too... they just have to scan the coupon 3 times. Since it clearly states on the coupon that you can buy up to 3 copies of a single title with the coupon, this should not be a problem for anyone.

[quote name='zenintrude']This happened with me, too... they just have to scan the coupon 3 times. Since it clearly states on the coupon that you can buy up to 3 copies of a single title with the coupon, this should not be a problem for anyone.[/quote]

Not a problem until the cashier has to get a CSR or manager over to make the coupon work...for some reason they had to scan the coupon before scanning the game to make it work for me and I didn't want to push it with the second copy as there was three blue shirts gathered around the register helping the cashier. I'm not complaining as I got two for the price of one basically. Cool game for the kids eventhough it doesn't work perfectly.

Just snagged the ladt one at my local BB for free! Woo!

Makes me wonder why the coupon for Infinite Undiscovery didnt work the same way last week....

The coupon states, not valid on sale prices, which is the case here. So I was only brave enough to buy one for now with the coupon, without a problem. I didn't want the cashier taking too close of a look at the coupon and reading the restrictions.

I might go back later to get a couple more copies if they still have some.

this wasn't really a sale price, looked more like a temporary price reduction....but who cares, i snaged 6 (2 seperate stores, 1 did single receipts the other did all on one, no problems)
p5060210.jpg

Well the sticker says, SALE PRICE but the receipt says, REG $9.99.

I guess I'll try back for a couple copies later, if they still have any.

[quote name='jgressley']Got 1 at the Mayfield Heights, OH store. There were still a few left.

I tried to ring 2 through in the same transaction, but even though the coupon said you could purchase up to 3 it only took the discount off of 1.[/quote]

I just had this issue myself. I attempted to buy two along with Boogie PS2, and the system would only allow the discount on one title, so I had to settle for only getting one. She called the manager over also despite my trying to resolve it by just telling her to take one off. Got a dirty look from the manager, but still walked out paying $10 for both.

i had that issue at 1 store, she rang them all up seperate. at the 2nd store, the guy got it to work by ringing coupon up, then game, then coupon, then game, then coupon, then game.

total price $0.00
and i've already unloaded 5 of my 6.

i'm keeping the 6th one though :)

also, my local store didn't have any, i had to drive 50minutes to the first store then 10minutes to the next....

Luck was on my side today, picked up 3 and a copy of Mercenaries 2 for the PS3. I ended up getting assisted at customer service and the total came up to $36, I politely told the rep that the coupon can be used 3 times on one type of item. She ended up agreeing with me and I walked out of the store with only spending about $16 for the copy of Mercenaries 2(I know it was on sale a while back for $10 but I wasn't in the market for it).

Picked up:
Your in the Movies x3 = $0.00
Mercenaries 2 x1 = $16.xx

Thanks a bunch OP, especially to whomever included the coupon. Damn near the best free gifts I've ever gotten.

Anyone seen any at any NYC store or even Yonkers ? Thanks ! Just need to get one !!!

bread's done
Back