You're in the Movies (360) $10 at Best Buy B&M after $10 off RZ coupon (until 5/17)

splintercell

CAGiversary!
Best Buy's free Gamers Club has an in-store coupon for $10 off a bunch of PC games as well as You're in the Movies for the Xbox 360. Since the game + Live Vision camera bundle retails for $20, this should take it down to $10.

Update 5/5: As several helpful folks have pointed out, the item seems to be currently on sale at BB for $9.99 even without the coupon, so if the coupon is also accepted it may end up being free, but YMMV on that.

Update 5/11: It looks like the temporary sale is now over, so it once again rings up at the full $19.99, and with the RZ coupon it comes down to $9.99. The free ride looks to be over.

This looks to be the link to check stock availability in stores (which seems pretty limited already, but the stock levels don't seem completely accurate): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...product&skuId=9112514&productId=1218024597755

The coupon is currently the fourth item in the Special Offers list under the Gamers Club section of the RZ site.

Direct link to coupon (probably have to signed into your RZ account): https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_10

Coupon valid from 5/4 through 5/17.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']the store locator dosn't even work for me... says it's offline...?[/quote]

Yeah, same here. It said my session had expired. I had to go to bestbuy.com's main site, then try the store locator & it finally worked. I only tried it with IE though.

I didn't take the coupon (my printer was out of ink), but I went to customer service and the csr logged into my reward zone account for me, printed the coupon, run it up. Out the door for $0.00. Can't get much cheaper than that.

[quote name='powercreep']I didn't take the coupon (my printer was out of ink), but I went to customer service and the csr logged into my reward zone account for me, printed the coupon, run it up. Out the door for $0.00. Can't get much cheaper than that.[/quote]
Wow - even had them print the coupon! Now THAT'S cheap!

[quote name='powercreep']I didn't take the coupon (my printer was out of ink), but I went to customer service and the csr logged into my reward zone account for me, printed the coupon, run it up. Out the door for $0.00. Can't get much cheaper than that.[/quote]

You should win some type of award, you didn't have to spend money on ink OR paper! Of course there's still gas.. unless you walked?!

[quote name='sunghost']You should win some type of award, you didn't have to spend money on ink OR paper! Of course there's still gas.. unless you walked?![/quote]

How could he walk with balls as big as his?

I went and picked up one today. I bought something else along with it, so I don't think the guy actually noticed that I got it for free. There were like 5 or 6 left, I might go back and pick up a couple of more. Do I need to have a coupon for each one or will one coupon suffice for multiple copies?

Funny I did the exact same thing cause I forgot the coupon at home.

$0 with no problems at all for one, kid at register just said "that will be, ummm, ummm...Free? Cant argue with that, can you? Have a good day."

Matt - No It's Not, But if you follow the link, it's for the game and store locator, so you don't have to enter the game, just your zip.

Puff - 1 coupon for multiple copies (upto 3) will work, your only allowed 3 at a time. Make sure you might have to tell them to scan the coupon multiple times, because some CSR's don't know that.

im curious and it might be a stupid question but ... the original vision camera package included uno and totemball and a 360 headset does this your in the movies vision camera package include any of this stuff? because if it does then its one hell of a deal

Confused them each time I went, but it worked again today at Prattville. That location still has two remaining.

Make sure you inform the cashier as Smurff indicated that they will HAVE to scan the coupon, then the game for each copy of the game you purchase up to three. Otherwise it will only apply the coupon to one title out of the three.

Yonkers, NY- out
Hartsdale, NY- out
Norwalk, CT-out

They checked the stock though for me and these stores have it if you live near them:

Monroe, NY
Cortlandt Manor, NY

[quote name='anthonyd46']Yonkers, NY- out
Hartsdale, NY- out
Norwalk, CT-out

They checked the stock though for me and these stores have it if you live near them:

Monroe, NY
Cortlandt Manor, NY[/quote]

Yeah, I picked up the last one at the Hartsdale, NY BB several days ago. My brother did manage to get one from the Mt. Vernon BB yesterday even though their stock said they had zero left.

[quote name='avenger3600']im curious and it might be a stupid question but ... the original vision camera package included uno and totemball and a 360 headset does this your in the movies vision camera package include any of this stuff? because if it does then its one hell of a deal[/quote]

Totemball is a free download on LIVE

[quote name='anthonyd46']im guessing their not gonna restock this game or?[/quote]

No restocks, they deleted it from their product list. I talked to an employee today about it.

[quote name='slowdive21']No restocks, they deleted it from their product list. I talked to an employee today about it.[/quote]

that explains why it is not on besybuy.com

Me and my friend picked up two last night and sold the games. They wouldn't let us buy 2 at once, so we're going back again today to get more. Good times.

[quote name='avenger3600']im curious and it might be a stupid question but ... the original vision camera package included uno and totemball and a 360 headset does this your in the movies vision camera package include any of this stuff? because if it does then its one hell of a deal[/quote]

But getting just the camera for free isn't?

Pick up the last one at the Best Buy in Central Park in Fredricksburg, VA. They also had the new Metal Pedal for Rock Band/Guitar Hero mis-priced for 6.99 so I picked that up also. :)

There were 3 copies today @ Dedham, MA. I picked up 2, so one remains. (Going to mess around with OpenCV and stereovision)
They were priced @ $10 each, so total came to $21.00

I bought at around 4:45 PM, so there's a chance the last copy will still be around now.

[quote name='anthonyd46']Yonkers, NY- out
Hartsdale, NY- out
Norwalk, CT-out

Monroe, NY
Cortlandt Manor, NY[/QUOTE]

Me and you were probably both there without realizing it ;).

None of these, no QoS CE's, only thing they had that i wanted was DJ Max Fever ;)

Grabbed one at my local today. Also got another QoS for the heck of it, since I had a copy of that coupon as well. The cashier's eyes just about fell out of her head, it was funny.

Two questions:
1. Is this game actually fun? I got it because free is good, but I'm wondering if I should break into it or pass it as an AWESOME GIFT WOW to my relatives, who at the very least will be happy to have the camera (I already got one).
2. Is it going to be on sale past today? It's deleted from stock so it's hard to track online, but I'm pretty sure some stores still have it. Might go back for another if I can get it tomorrow.

[quote name='Mike Toole']
2. Is it going to be on sale past today? It's deleted from stock so it's hard to track online, but I'm pretty sure some stores still have it. Might go back for another if I can get it tomorrow.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't pay attention to this thread until last night. I was intending to stop by today but my printer at home went crazy on me and I was unable to print the coupon. I know the coupon doesn't expire until after the 17th but is the unadvertised sale price good past tonight? If not, it's not a big thing. I'll try anything out if it's free but if they want to charge me $9.99, I'll pass.

Picked up a free copy of YITM. I already have camera, so I'll give it to my nephew. Thanks everyone! (Also picked up Fable II for $25 after my $5 reward zone coupon).

Took a Sunday Drive to an out of the way BB to see if I could still pick up a copy or 2 for friends. They actually had 2 in stock. :D

It was marked $39.99. Asked an associate how much?

He said $39.99.:roll:

Told him they were on sale.

He said it is not in the flyer. :roll:

Told him it was an unadvertised sale, last week. ;) I said I would just have the cashier scan them.

He offered to scan it.

$19.99. :cry: Guess the deal is dead down here.

Oh well. Least I was able to get one for ME, previously. :D

[quote name='newlu']The deal is dead, but I did pick up :360: Fallout 3 Collector's Edition for $30.[/QUOTE]

Is it a YMMV price or is this another unadvertised "sale" like You're In The Movies was?

I picked up 3 of these last Friday at my local BB. I now have 2 extremely happy nephews and 1 very happy neice. Also got the last QoS in my area as well. Pretty good haul for $10!

[quote name='peteaboda1']So do these cameras work out of the box with Vista 64?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about Vista, but it installed on XP right out of the box. It prompted me to download the driver and I downloaded Debut Video Capture Software (freeware) and it works perfectly.

[quote name='bugeater']I don't know about Vista, but it installed on XP right out of the box. It prompted me to download the driver and I downloaded Debut Video Capture Software (freeware) and it works perfectly.[/quote] Good call on the Video Capture Software:applause:. Its a great free download . Thanks

I went to two local BB. The first one was sold out but the second one had 1 left in stock. It rang up @ 19.99 and marked it down to 9.99 with coupon so deal is not dead in Las Vegas but it also isn't free.

[quote name='Siberkat']Took a Sunday Drive to an out of the way BB to see if I could still pick up a copy or 2 for friends. They actually had 2 in stock. :D

It was marked $39.99. Asked an associate how much?

He said $39.99.:roll:

Told him they were on sale.

He said it is not in the flyer. :roll:

Told him it was an unadvertised sale, last week. ;) I said I would just have the cashier scan them.

He offered to scan it.

$19.99. :cry: Guess the deal is dead down here.

Oh well. Least I was able to get one for ME, previously. :D[/quote]

I don't get the eye rolling at the sales associate when you came there KNOWING that the sale was a sale last week and not valid at this time.

[quote name='Tamizander']I don't get the eye rolling at the sales associate when you came there KNOWING that the sale was a sale last week and not valid at this time.[/quote]
Well I find it pretty annoying when a cashier tells me that something is priced one way without even checking. It wasn't $10, but the cashier was still wrong, by quite a lot too. If this were a customer just looking for this on the cheap and not free, this cashier might have just lost the sale (not that it would really matter to him anyway).

bread's done
Back