Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target will price match their own deals within a week of purchase.

From their corporate site...

Price Match Guarantee

If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.

___

I just got off the phone with my local Target and they said that they will NOT price match anything that goes on sale on Black Friday.

Price Match Guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence?clkid=3Ty0hBXyA0BR0Ww3dmRz5zhNUkTxIMVxuQAw1o0&lnm=Online+Tracking+Link&afid=Slickdeals+LLC&ref=tgt_adv_xasd0002 Exclusions to price matching includes any deal offered between 11/28-11/30

Price Match Guarantee
If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price.
I wonder if this applies to BF sales or Doorbuster sales.

The Target deal is great had I not gotten the bundle for $111 after using gift cards and reward certificates at BBY. To anyone who didn't buy though, this is the time to do so.

This is true. I just went to Target to ask customer service and they said they will NOT do any retro active price matches on Friday or Saturday.

Maybe a return rebuy though?
That would have been a good question to ask too. I'm worried they would insist on having to restock it first.

So if I bought this at launch, from Target, I'm just screwed out of $70?  I already opened mine.  Or can I buy one and return with the old receipt?

DX please somebody tell me BB will PM.. I just picked it up Sunday and opened it this morning. #.# oh man I'm gonna have some serious IBS if I can't.

Holy shit I'm so getting another one! I hope there's some ad about it so I can pick it up from Walmart, but I guess I'll have to see my luck at Target!

:( just got off the phone with bb cs too. That sucks. I'm not gonna even waste my time to get on line at target. They always have a low stock and people will cut you for this crap. You'd have to camp out around Thanksgiving afternoon or something to even have a shot.

You could do what it seems like most people are doing.

Buy it today, return it on Black Friday, and re-buy it.
Going to be extremely YMMV on that. I've seen stores completely disallow returns on Black Friday before, and if they think you're trying to circumvent one of their policies the manager has the right to refuse a re-buy. That said, good luck to anyone that tries it.

ebates, coupons, and retailmenot all claim this bundle comes with a $10 gift card this week.. 11/23-28.. on the phone now trying to see if its true and if I can at least get that.

Target always has low stock on games. I think this sale is a big ploy like this whole "black Friday week" to get people to go there. You show up, the XLs are sold out but you decide to wander around and pick up other crap. :/ its those unanticipated buys that they're hoping for to help boost business.

Well, that sucks. But oh well. The price I paid for ensuring I got it and missing the Black Friday hassle. I will pretend I made up for it by getting all the 3DS games I wanted from best buys b2g1 sale - Mario 3d land, Mario kart 7, luigis mansion, new super Mario bros 1 & 2, Mario 64 ds, and Zelda ocarina of time 3d for under 100 bucks.

b192d976ccc02478e7f6fb534b519d97.jpg

sorry. I meant to include I got it from BESTBUY. Will BESTBUY Pm?
I just got a PM from Best Buy ... I really had to work for it and it was from an exceptionally good CR who was based in the U.S.

I basically explained that I had purchased the system on Friday, and that Target had announced it would be $150 on BF. I told her I was Elite Plus and that I really wanted Best Buy to keep my $150 dollars rather than having me return a $200 product and give Target my money. She was hesitant at first, but I told her how much I valued shopping at Best Buy and how difficult it was to find good customer service reps on their phone system. So she went ahead and PMed today for the BF price ... she had also been working in their post purchase department for several years, so that probably also helped.

Good luck fellow CAGs ;-)

I just got a PM from Best Buy ... I really had to work for it and it was from an exceptionally good CR who was based in the U.S.

I basically explained that I had purchased the system on Friday, and that Target had announced it would be $150 on BF. I told her I was Elite Plus and that I really wanted Best Buy to keep my $150 dollars rather than having me return a $200 product and give Target my money. She was hesitant at first, but I told her how much I valued shopping at Best Buy and how difficult it was to find good customer service reps on their phone system. So she went ahead and PMed today for the BF price ... she had also been working in their post purchase department for several years, so that probably also helped.

Daaaaang! Can you do that for me? I'll give you my account info. LOL

Can I call if I didn't order online and bought in store?

Daaaaang! Can you do that for me? I'll give you my account info. LOL

Can I call if I didn't order online and bought in store?
Pretty sure I got lucky and I would imagine that if you bought it in store, you're forced to deal with store management. If you're willing to play hardball, go in and ask for a manager, bring the system with you and diplomatically explain that you enjoy shopping at Best Buy, would rather give them the sale than Target, but simply won't be able to keep the system if you can get it for $50 less at Target. In a perfect world, every Best Buy manager would understand that losing $50 is better than losing $150 and potential future sales revenue.

Wow propz to you. Debating on doing the same, but I have a feeling it may be more of a pain then it might be worth. Especially considering the sale doesn't start for another couple of days. What if they already price matched the Walmart price by saying they will send me a $20 gift card. Think I'm SOL?

Did anyone keep a preorder from Newegg? I made a preorder on their website and forgot to cancel it. I just got billed and a notification that it'd ship tonight/tomorrow morning.

I paid for upgraded shipping since they don't have two day free shoprunner available on preorders. I started a chat to ask why it is shipping on Tuesday/Wednesday when it released on Friday of the previous week and they are trying to stonewall me saying that the item wasn't delayed and it was shipped in a timely fashion.

Wow propz to you. Debating on doing the same, but I have a felling it may be more of a pain then it might be worth. Especially considering the sale doesn't start for another couple of days. What if they already price matched the Walmart price by saying they will send me a $20 gift card. Think I'm SOL?
Well, I can tell you that I PMed Walmart at the time of pickup, so my order was at $199 and I explained that I had already PMed Walmart but that Target undercut both Best Buy and Walmart with their price. So the credit I got back was $50+tax (I paid with GCs, so I received credit back immediately on the gc I used ... which luckily I still had). So if they were able to give me $50 back via gc, you could probably still try to get the match even with a $20 gc in the mail. Again this is like YMMVVVV though, so anyone reading this should realize it's not going to be an easy "oh hey, my buddy got this PMed" sort of thing with the phone reps.

Well, I can tell you that I PMed Walmart at the time of pickup, so my order was at $199 and I explained that I had already PMed Walmart but that Target undercut both Best Buy and Walmart with their price. So the credit I got back was $50+tax (I paid with GCs, so I received credit back immediately on the gc I used ... which luckily I still had). So if they were able to give me $50 back via gc, you could probably still try to get the match even with a $20 gc in the mail. Again this is like YMMVVVV though, so anyone reading this should realize it's not going to be an easy "oh hey, my buddy got this PMed" sort of thing with the phone reps.
I might try my luck, but I'll be going into the call knowing it might not work.

Well no go on my end. Told me they only price match the BBY website and no other stores from Thursday till Monday. I thought for a second she was going to do it for me, but it didn't happen. Can't be mad since the reward certificates and gift cards I used, plus the $20 gift card I'm getting back, made it the price $111.

bread's done
Back