Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Well Gamestop could've gotten more allocation than Amazon and Bestbuy. Nintendo like to do that apparently. But it's probably pretty safe to say definitely under 10k copies for Masters Edition.
Either way, the value of this thing will only go up from here on out. This is a Zelda title which we most agree will be a quality title. The availability to preorder this was ridiculously impossible for the average fan. The release of this title coincides with the release of the Switch console itself so in the long run, there will be a giant segment of Zelda players that will not even have the Switch at the outset since early adopters are exactly that. This will only contribute to the long run demand of this CE as people eventually buy a Switch console. The Amazon mass cancellations may not be over if it spills into Best Buy and Gamestop somehow. Lastly, there aren't even that many up on eBay (just a tad over 100 copies) and we're over a week out from release still. I'm not predicting a TLoU Post Pandemic markup but it's very obvious this CE will go up in value and not the other way around. I have my lone Amazon order that I was going to keep for myself but now I'm just going to keep it sealed to weigh my options down the line. Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If this game becomes a classic, i see any new copies selling for 1k easily. To many Zelda fans. Im already spending 100 to import one of these just for the sword and I really wanted the master edition box. 350 or bust. Im probably going to buy 1. :(

If there really is only 5,000 of these made, you're a fool to sell for less than $400. This will skyrocket in due time.
The price on ebay is reaching around $350-$400 on sold listing since last night and yesterday.

I won't be selling my copy, especially when I missed on Hyrule Warrior and Majora's Mask special editions.

It's something special knowing that you will have one of the 5k copies ever made for U.S

If this game becomes a classic, i see any new copies selling for 1k easily. To many Zelda fans. Im already spending 100 to import one of these just for the sword and I really wanted the master edition box. 350 or bust. Im probably going to buy 1. :(
$1k? Are we talking about years later as a new copy?

I can see new copies going for $600 if they're actually limited then $400 for open copies within 2 years at least.

Post makes it sound like amazon will relist any more stock and "advise" you to reorder instead of fulfilling cancelled orders

Post makes it sound like amazon will relist any more stock and "advise" you to reorder instead of fulfilling cancelled orders
chuckle.gif

Just a reminder to everyone who really wants the Master Edition box... it's going to be a GIANT box. I guess that might make people want it more, but it's going to be incredibly difficult to display. I was just planning on using it as a box to store my other Zelda collector's edition boxes.  :lol:

Already stalking ebay for the right auction which made me remember the only other item i ever had to pay over retail for. Been really lucky in getting what I want. I paid about 380 for that biohazard item which was lucky because it was selling for 1k. Its still one of my favorite items and dont regret buying it.[attachment=25614:tmp_27080-20170223_14485523739650.jpg]

Already stalking ebay for the right auction which made me remember the only other item i ever had to pay over retail for. Been really lucky in getting what I want. I paid about 380 for that biohazard item which was lucky because it was selling for 1k. Its still one of my favorite items and dont regret buying it.
attachicon.gif
tmp_27080-20170223_14485523739650.jpg
Does that include all the Resident Evil games?

It's my first time hearing about that.

Already stalking ebay for the right auction which made me remember the only other item i ever had to pay over retail for. Been really lucky in getting what I want. I paid about 380 for that biohazard item which was lucky because it was selling for 1k. Its still one of my favorite items and dont regret buying it.
attachicon.gif
tmp_27080-20170223_14485523739650.jpg
im sorry but this is off topic and does not contain the necessary amount of whining

Honestly, if you really want a Master's Edition you should buy it right now. Like Donut said, it won't be getting any cheaper.  Not unless they produce more.  

Does that include all the Resident Evil games?

It's my first time hearing about that.
It was a Tokyo Marui airsoft gun based of the barry burton samurai edge from the resident evil remaster. Had to import it. I was huge resident evil fan but found out about it years later. I think the retail was 250. Not really sure. It is numbered.

[attachment=25615:tmp_27080-20170223_1503381402036658.jpg][attachment=25616:tmp_27080-20170223_150406-1791358985.jpg]

For anyone who is wondering, my cancelled order time was 12:26am. Now if you ordered one after me and get it, you must forfeit it to me. It's only fair. That's the way the world works. I DESERVE IT, I'M ENTITLED!!!!!! 

Haha.

But if anyone did have a later order and it isn't cancelled, I'm curious what time you ordered. 

Nintendo always does manipulate hype and control the market. With the Fire emblem special edition it came back in stock briefly at some point as that's when I picked it up. All the limited NIntendo systems have done this. And same with previous zelda limited editions. For the few they haven't there is usually almost always a small window where inventory is available that stores hold back on and release around the actually release date. Again I'm not saying this will happen, but it has happened with almost everything in the past. I'm pretty sure gamestop will do this as from what I've read you were never able to reserve in store and the reserve online was wonky. Gamestop always gets stock of everything and or finds a way to magically pop up with stock and sell it to people in bundled and overpriced ways. I think there will definitely be one more opportunity to pick the Master version up at MSRP and then after that resellers will be your best bet.

Nintendo always does manipulate hype and control the market. With the Fire emblem special edition it came back in stock briefly at some point as that's when I picked it up. All the limited NIntendo systems have done this. And same with previous zelda limited editions. For the few they haven't there is usually almost always a small window where inventory is available that stores hold back on and release around the actually release date. Again I'm not saying this will happen, but it has happened with almost everything in the past. I'm pretty sure gamestop will do this as from what I've read you were never able to reserve in store and the reserve online was wonky. Gamestop always gets stock of everything and or finds a way to magically pop up with stock and sell it to people in bundled and overpriced ways. I think there will definitely be one more opportunity to pick the Master version up at MSRP and then after that resellers will be your best bet.
There will be the opportunity to pick it up from Gamestop/BBY/Amazon if they get cancelled orders (not everyone is a flipper), or cards get declined. Even still the odds of getting one and knowing when they go live would be hard to determine, unless one can sit on their computer 24/7.

There will be the opportunity to pick it up from Gamestop/BBY/Amazon if they get cancelled orders (not everyone is a flipper), or cards get declined. Even still the odds of getting one and knowing when they go live would be hard to determine, unless one can sit on their computer 24/7.
I follow the cag twitter account and get immediate alerts on my phone. As long as it stays in stock for at least 5 minutes this has worked 95% of the time in the last year with getting games and video game related items. There's absolutely no need nowadays whatsoever to be unable to get something because you think you need to be in front of a computer 24/7 to get it. The only item I've missed recently was the item we are all talking about. Thanks goes out again of course to Thorbahn who runs the Cag Twitter and the cag community for always posting the deals.

Some good info regarding Zelda performance on the Switch.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/02/23/48-hours-with-the-nintendo-switch/

"I can't say much about Breath of the Wild yet, but I can confirm that it is very much a Zelda game, though it doesn't look like anything you've seen before. Notably, it also performed a lot better than it did at preview events, where I noticed stuttering and occasional slowdown while it was connected to the dock. I wasn't expecting much from the Switch's graphical capabilities, but there are plenty of moments where Breath of the Wild is just strikingly beautiful."

I'm glad to hear this because I also had 1 or 2 slowdown moments when I played it at PAX.

NES classic in stock at amazon

I only think it is worth it at msrp now because you can add the entire NES library onto it.  Who knows if future shipments will close that ability.

None have sold though. Last one sold for $400. If you go back to Jan some sold for $500, but the price has been around the same $350-450.
Nah they were down tot 300 just yesterday, after cancellations they're going up.

I have examined my Amazon/Best Buy/Gamestop order histories 748 times since last night :wall:
I'm totally not doing exactly the same thing on BB with my Zelda SE. >> Nope. Not paranoid at all.

NES classic in stock at amazon

I only think it is worth it at msrp now because you can add the entire NES library onto it. Who knows if future shipments will close that ability.
Thanks man!! Finally got one thanks to your post. I almost didn't do it, since I really just want to buy a regular NES. I'm excited though! Haven't played any of these except the Zelda and Mario games.

B&N delivered my Arts & Artifacts LE.  Came in perfect condition.

I also have an open order with Amazon, where I was able to get in at the $60-something price.  Hope that goes through, and I hope it's in the same condition as my first one.

No movement on my book depository AA LE order from 2/21.  Still in processing mode even though it says they ship in 1 business day, but could be due to non-UK order.

B&N delivered my Arts & Artifacts LE. Came in perfect condition.

I also have an open order with Amazon, where I was able to get in at the $60-something price. Hope that goes through, and I hope it's in the same condition as my first one.
Did they ship it within it's own cardboard protective box, and then placed in a bigger one? The one that protects it on all sides? My order is on the way, but it's going the long way to get to me. I've seen some pictures, and lately most of these bigger LE books comes within it's own box, and then that is put in another box normally.

Nope. Master Edition was online only. Target will have the Special Edition, though. Best Buy and Gamestop possibly as well if I'm not mistaken.
After getting my ME cancelled, I think trying for an SE is the route I'm going to take. I am hoping someone will have them launch night...

After getting my ME cancelled, I think trying for an SE is the route I'm going to take. I am hoping someone will have them launch night...
Same here. I'm gonna be keeping an eye out online the next week, then heading to midnight launches. And then Target the next morning if need be as the last resort.

It's gonna be tough man, for sure no retailers will have any extra MEs, so the only chance is failed credit card payment. Problem is both Amazon and Bestbuy actually warn the customer of failed payments and gives the customer 24 hours to fix it. Nobody at this point is gonna mess that up with the ME. So I can only imagine Gamestop.

It's gonna be tough man, for sure no retailers will have any extra MEs, so the only chance is failed credit card payment. Problem is both Amazon and Bestbuy actually warn the customer of failed payments and gives the customer 24 hours to fix it. Nobody at this point is gonna mess that up with the ME. So I can only imagine Gamestop.
No there will for sure be some MEs coming back into stock on or near release. It always happens no matter how rare a CE is. The window of opportunity will be much smaller than the original preorder period though because yes they are cancellations and such.

People list it for that much, or have you seen actual sales that weren't fake? I know that was really rare, but who would pay that for just a different box and scarf?
People spend near 1K a week every week on mobile games like Fire Emblem Heroes or Final Fantasy Brave EXVIUS. Is it that surprising that someone would pay 1K+ for the Hyrule Warriors LE?

I don't doubt the difficulty, people who are going to release night know the value of the SE, and will likely get it just to resell if any are available. I do not think I will come across any MEs, so when my preorder was cancelled, I knew that was it. I do like the ME box better, and would like to see the ME in person just to check it all out. I agree that it is going to be tough to have the opportunity to have either edition at this point.

People list it for that much, or have you seen actual sales that weren't fake? I know that was really rare, but who would pay that for just a different box and scarf?
I wouldn't say that if I wasn't sure. I sold my own for $1150.

And yes, people are willing to pay that much for an item when the item count is that low.

People spend near 1K a week every week on mobile games like Fire Emblem Heroes or Final Fantasy Brave EXVIUS. Is it that surprising that someone would pay 1K+ for the Hyrule Warriors LE?
In that case, I must be dirt poor because I'm not part of that demographic. I wish I were a trust fund kid.

bread's done
Back