Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

I ordered one. They'll have to notify us if it's not the SE. We'll know via email or by the price change.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

So today I got the UK Limited Edition, and the US Special Edition. This is good. Still holding out hope for the tiny chance of getting a Master Edition to save (lots of) money, or snagging a Special Edition from Best Buy or Amazon.

But even if not, I am much happier than I was this time last night. Thank you CAG.  :D

Nothing is easy with this fucking edition! First order no email confirm. Put in another and got the confirmation. Dear sweet baby Jesus...

Nothing is easy with this fucking edition! First order no email confirm. Put in another and got the confirmation. Dear sweet baby Jesus...
Same here. I placed an order, then remembered I had an account and placed a second order for free expedited shipping. Didn't get anything from the first one at all. Oh well!

I had to do 2 orders the first didn't go through but then the second one did. I chatted with the rep and he confirmed the second order.

Got 2 emails

first was my order was received and just got the confirmation one

hope this means i'm good

still gonna go to target at 8am that friday and gamestop at midnight to make sure i don't lose out in case dell cancels or delays

I thought about placing a 2nd order, but after seeing what Amazon did with buyers making multiple orders, not a good idea lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, had my first order finally go through as well. Should I cancel the first one? Or keep them both just in case?

A bit of a warning though, while chatting with a rep about how to find/cancel the first order I discovered this bit of info. Take it for what you will:

Me: Since this is a limited edition item, I'm worried that my order could potentially get cancelled. It says it's confirmed, but is there still a chance it could be cancelled due to lack of stock? Is that an issue that sometimes occurs?

Rep: Good question Anthony, regarding on the game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Nintendo Switch, currently we do not see any notification from the warehouse the limited quantity. Also there is no chance that the order will be cancelled since there is not status of limited quantity

But if there's a small chance that it will be cancelled, you will be notifed and recive steps on how to retrieve the amount that you have purchased for the cancelled item

Rep: Good question Anthony, regarding on the game Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Special Edition - Nintendo Switch, currently we do not see any notification from the warehouse the limited quantity. Also there is no chance that the order will be cancelled since there is not status of limited quantity
Yup, we're screwed.

I have too much going on. I was certain that I ordered SE and ME. After seeing Amazon cancellations I checked various retailers including checking profile on GameStop where I did not see the ME. Just checked my emails and there is an order confirmation from GS dated 1/13 for home delivery. I better call GS customer service tomorrow.

So, I have one order with a lower Dell purchase ID, but a higher order number. This is the first one.

Then my second order has a higher Dell purchase ID, but a much lower order number. This is the second order, which was confirmed first, and placed on my account.

Should I cancel order A or B? Reaffirm my choice fellow CAGs, I can't be expected to make my own decisions.

Granted the SSD "deal" was a price mistake, but I don't doubt that dell will cancel 90% of the orders, due to not knowing how to allocate actual/saleable quantities on their website and overselling. This has been up way too long and there are too many views/replies for them to not have already blown through their stock.

bigger issue imo is that the picture for the dell special edition is showing the WIi U version of the regular game.  In the past when they had mistakes like that they actually just sent the worse item and said fuck you if you tried to argue.  Now we all know its hard to see how they would charge $99 for something that says Breath of the Wild Special Edition Nintendo Switch, but never underestimate how fucked up Dell can be.

I tried to cancel one of my orders on the off chance they have a giant stock and will fulfill both and all I got was "Cancellation Unsuccessfull".

Unsuccessfull? Seriously? Dell, I'm trusting you less and less.

I'm usually a lurker, but I just wanted to pop into this thread to thank all you CAGs for being helpful about this whole cancelation business. I also had my ME order canceled yesterday, despite placing the preorder very soon after it became available. What may have done me in was my addition of a gift card a couple weeks ago.

I actually don't feel too bad because I also have a Special Edition in the same order. I had been wrestling with whether or not to cancel my ME order because I couldn't really justify the extra cost; I guess Amazon decided that for me. This exact scenario is why I placed both orders; I was burned once before by Amazon with the Skyward Sword Wiimote bundle.

I do have a question for you guys: has anyone heard anything from Amazon about BOTW Special Edition or even Switch console pre-orders? I'm wondering if I should still be worrying about my SE or if I can rest easy.

DIdn't nintendo announce there were only certain stores that would have the SE and ME available?  And I doubt dell was one of them.

bread's done
Back