Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Walmart has Zelda se for store pick up, limited!!!
Yeah, I was able to do one now... just as I got a cancellation email about my SE online order. Hopefully it gets confirmed. Unfortunately, this is form the worst WM in the area. Same one I picked up some recent $20 Wii U games from and they were in trash shape.

Silly request but any of you CAGers willing to part with their Master Edition box? Literally just the black cardboard outer box.

I figured someone would have each of the components eBayed or something but no luck.

Walmart canceled my SE that I had ordered days ago.  Guess that's it then.  I didn't snag either of the editions, though I really wanted the ME.

Walmart canceled my SE that I had ordered days ago. Guess that's it then. I didn't snag either of the editions, though I really wanted the ME.
There's still a WM near me that has the SE in stock... I did a store pick up for one after WM cancelled my order. I can try to do another store pick up order for you if you want and ship it to you (not sure how much since I haven't picked mine up yet) but I think you're pretty close to me so maybe another $10-15. Not sure if it's still there b/c every other WM is OOS... seems odd that one store would still have one.

There's still a WM near me that has the SE in stock... I did a store pick up for one after WM cancelled my order. I can try to do another store pick up order for you if you want and ship it to you (not sure how much since I haven't picked mine up yet) but I think you're pretty close to me so maybe another $10-15. Not sure if it's still there b/c every other WM is OOS... seems odd that one store would still have one.
Thanks for the offer. I think I'll just wait it out and see if I'm able to snag an ME someday.

Walmart canceled my SE that I had ordered days ago. Guess that's it then. I didn't snag either of the editions, though I really wanted the ME.
Stay on the lookout for LE on Amazon UK. There could be a chance it goes in stock. WM could have it near you, as mentioned. However, I can see how there is a possibility of it being OOS. Best of luck getting one, m80. Hope you find something.

Someone here thought slightly under $400 before launch was the cheapest the ME would sell for, but it seems to be around $330 or less on ebay now.  I really wonder how many they actually made.

Thanks again DetectiveConanA113 for the fake moss suggestion. Almost done with my display. Buying some fake leaves and printing a Zelda logo to cover the Nike logo later today. The sword is a little more durable than I thought it would be, but part of little plant snapped off as I pulled it out of the box. Super glue will fix it though.

I might put the amiibo at the bottom. That shelf is so close to the sword.

FfKFfvb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who has a March 9-11th Preparing for Shipment actually get theirs shipped? I'm like 90% sure my orders just got cancelled but they failed to email me and they failed to give me a $10 gift card balance at least. 

I finally got my ME from amazon, the master sword looks amazing in person.

The only problem I have is the coin I got was scratch up already. Looks like the plastic case scratch up the coin during shipment.

If someone does not want their coin I am willing to pay for a perfect one

I swear to god I am not making this shit up! My Special edition from BB:

03/08/2017

4:19 P.M.

A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
The video game gods are pissed off at me for some reason...I may need to sacrifice an amibo soon.

03/08/2017 4:19 P.M. A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
The video game gods are pissed off at me for some reason...I may need to sacrifice an amibo soon.
Typical blood moon :roll:

Sold an extra SE I had. Guy handed me the money, opened it to check the contents, and then said "Looks good. I already bought Zelda so I'll return this one using the old receipt."

He opened the SE, so I just nodded and said thanks. Good luck to him on returning the game with a different barcode/Not For Resale.

My Master Edition & Grey Switch changed notice from Preparing for Shipment to Shipping Today. They finally got tired of screwing with me. I won't believe it until I see the tracking numbers. 

03/08/2017 4:19 P.M. A train derailment has delayed delivery. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible. / Your delivery has been rescheduled for the next business day.
Wonder if that's the train that hit a bus and killed at least 4. Your SE just murdered 4 people. How feels?

Anyone think the Deluxe Edition guide is gonna be worth the money? I haven't purchased a guide this expensive, ever.
It's Zelda. You bet it is m80. Buy everything Zelda like the rest of us. Just kidding, but the guide looks extremely rare and shiny. Things that are rare and shiny go up in price over time.

Anyone think the Deluxe Edition guide is gonna be worth the money? I haven't purchased a guide this expensive, ever.
Honestly, it comes down to what you find value in. I always get the deluxe art book/guide when offered, as I like what is offered(something different to the norm), special covers, extra content, etc. If you just want the book to look through and enjoy the content, the vanilla versions are always fine.

This has a limited number produced, but it is rather high, so who knows what the value will be down the road, but I doubt it will ever be less than what was paid(unless you buy high on the secondary market).

I really like it, but I collect art books, guides and gaming publication/magazine's, so it's right up my alley. To someone who doesn't care for the cover, the standard version is way cheaper, and would probably fit your needs just as well. If your a HUGE Zelda fan, and want it, go for it. I'ts not like your going to be buying books like this all the time(unless you get bit by the bug), LOL

I used to collect guides too but stopped 4-5 years and now only buy 1 or 2 a year... but again, never spent $70 on a guide. I know the collectability of this guide is probably high but I'm buying this as a Zelda fan and it just doesn't sound like it's worth it. But, on the otherhand, I think Piggyback has a really good reputation for quality guides. 

DELUXE EDITION BONUS: Deluxe format of 11 " x 15", premium vintage hardcover, exclusive dedicated 16-page retrospective celebrating thirty years of Zelda games, a 16-page dedicated art section, and two ribbon bookmarks.

I used to collect guides too but stopped 4-5 years and now only buy 1 or 2 a year... but again, never spent $70 on a guide. I know the collectability of this guide is probably high but I'm buying this as a Zelda fan and it just doesn't sound like it's worth it. But, on the otherhand, I think Piggyback has a really good reputation for quality guides.

DELUXE EDITION BONUS: Deluxe format of 11 " x 15", premium vintage hardcover, exclusive dedicated 16-page retrospective celebrating thirty years of Zelda games, a 16-page dedicated art section, and two ribbon bookmarks.
Yeah, Piggyback seems the go to source for guides now a days. I've only gotten maybe one or two from them over the years, as it still needs to be a game I'm interested in, but they do seem pretty good for what I've seen so far. I do have their Deluxe Zelda guide on order, I'm just hoping Amazon doesn't package it like ass, and it arrives damaged.

If you bought from amazon, it should be $48. It went out of stock shortly after the price change and hasn't been back in stock since. But no mention of how many they are making. Apparently a standard and collectors edition was not enough, and they had to make a 3rd as deluxe. And you can bet they know most collectors will buy both hardcover editions.

Just saw a Master Edition on Amazon Warehouse deals for $110, but was gone during checkout. Something to keep an eye on.

Anyone snag one of those Master Editions that popped up on Gamestop? My internet died during checkout and once I reset my modem they were gone.  :-({|=

A few sellers on amazon have Art and Artifacts LE for $73 shipped now.  Including the book depository, which cancelled a few orders here from their official site.

A few sellers on amazon have Art and Artifacts LE for $73 shipped now. Including the book depository, which cancelled a few orders here from their official site.
Didn't one seller have a TON for like $53 or something a week or two ago? Did they actually ship those orders?

So I don't have the game yet or the system, but for those who do. I'm still wondering if I should continue to search for a master or special edition, or just get the base game from bestbuy with gcu?
I think it will roughly be around 45 ish for the extra goodies in the special edition ?
I do want a travel case when I finally find a switch. For those who have it, what do you think of the case and extra stuff. I heard the sword statue is pretty sturdy.

Statue is pretty nice but hard to justify anything over MSRP unless you want a sealed Master Edition for your collection.

The case is hideous but fantastic otherwise. Very solid.

I love the statue more than I thought I would. It's not metal (which is my second favorite medium for figures/sculptures) but it's not plastic either and has some weight to it. Only part I don't like about it is the sprig of greenery but meh.

I like the case for what it is--a physical to-scale replica of Link's in-game mobile device (lol) in BotW. Am I gonna walk around in broad daylight with the thing? Probably not. But quality-wise it's a good, sturdy case.

All the other stuff included is mostly icing on the cake, but my favorite aspects of the Special/Master Editions was the texture of the product boxes and the fact that there's exclusive art for the game case itself. Awesome.

For MSRP, whichever CE you got was totally wurf imo. And a super deal if you managed to get either with GCU/Prime. 

Is it worth the third party markup?

....no, probably not....but I likely would've caved after watching just 1 unboxing video lol

bread's done
Back