Zelda Breath of the Wild Special/Master Editions, Amiibo- Discussion

Does anyone know if the case for the Special/Master edition will be sold separately?

also sorry if I offended anyone with my sig last night ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Doubt they will sell it separately, they do have other zelda themed kits available though.

http://m.gamestop.com/product/accessories/nintendo-switch-starter-kit-zelda-sheikah-eye-edition/140258

https://www.amazon.com/PDP-Nintendo-Switch-Starter-Kit-Links/dp/B01MT8XY4V

Not sure what the gamestop one looks like though.

I'm with you. My 4th child is due to be released from the womb on March 5th. I am taking a month off and plan to neglect the new child while I play zelda on the switch.
In honor of inauguration week, you should have just grabbed her by the pussy instead.

Mine shows as Master Edition in the app correctly although in my receipt says Available SKU xx.

I hope they do get fulfilled, I missed every other preorder

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shows as Master Edition in the app correctly although in my receipt says Available SKU xx.

I hope they do get fulfilled, I missed every other preorder
you're prob fine then I think I was too late. I have an SKU number on mine and it's 141686 026/00 which is prob the regular and merged the sku mid day friday.

Was lucky enough to get it on amazon but figured was worth a shot at trying get anther.

This is my first post in a LONG time (if not ever!). Have stalked these threads, but never posted. However, wanted to share what my GameStop app says in regards to the Zelda: BOTW Master Edition preorder.

I ordered in store the morning after the announcement with the SKU they were posting on here. Currently when I log in the app it shows the Master Edition with picture (black box art) and has my remaining balance of $124.99 since I did $5 deposit. Not sure if they'll fulfill it or not, but it says coming soon and in store pickup.

I want the Master Edition, but can't get an order in. Debating on just ordering the Special Edition since the main thing I want is the case, but I am also getting married and my soon to be wife already wants to kill me for pre-ordering the Switch, so I may stick with the regular edition...... maybe..... :pray:

I want the Master Edition, but can't get an order in. Debating on just ordering the Special Edition since the main thing I want is the case, but I am also getting married and my soon to be wife already wants to kill me for pre-ordering the Switch, so I may stick with the regular edition...... maybe..... :pray:
Where can you find a special Edition?

Well, the fact that currently you won't be able to get an order in for the Special Edition either should make your decision easier.

Your fiancee has good taste; I'd listen to her. ;)

very interesting.

anyone that got a pre order, in the app does it show that it's the master edition or 130 price tag on it? I went in Sat and it seems to be the regular edition with 60 price.
I managed to get my preorder in for the ME at my Gamestop along with the Switch. My Gamestop app shows the ME of LoZ and I spoke to the manager yesterday and she seemed pretty hell bent on getting our preorders fulfilled.

My preorder for two Master Editions from GameStop.com were just cancelled, no reason indicated in the email. If they are cancelling online orders to fill these in store orders!

My preorder for two Master Editions from GameStop.com were just cancelled, no reason indicated in the email. If they are cancelling online orders to fill these in store orders!
There cancelling all multiples. I had a feeling they would. It was supposed to have a order limit of 1 per household. The special edition did. It also lasted way to long so im pretty sure they oversold.

Don't order multiples of items like this, you're asking to be the first target for cancellations.

You're not married yet so you're safe lol. I've been married for 3 years and my wife gives me crap about buying lots of games even if they're on sale. One thing I've learned, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Even my wife can't deny that's true haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was limit one that was imposed when it went live for real. They're just flushing out orders that worked around it.

I'm sure it's 100% personal in this case.

You're not married yet so you're safe lol. I've been married for 3 years and my wife gives me crap about buying lots of games even if they're on sale. One thing I've learned, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. Even my wife can't deny that's true haha.

Ha ha, so true!

Where can you find a special Edition?
I was able to add one to my cart at Best Buy for shipping. I also have a good friend who is a store manager at Gamestop that could hold me one, doubt he can do the Master Edition, but the Special Edition will be easier to get if you really want it at launch.

I've been practicing this the entire relationship. Getting the Switch on top of having just purchased a PS4 Pro and PSVR not all that long ago doesn't help my cause though. She benefited from that though since she plays Fallout 4 and now can play it on my old PS4 without tying up my gaming time with the Pro. haha

My preorder for two copies at GS are still open at the moment ......

giphy.gif

Its not too late, get out while you can.

Why anyone would try to order two of the same limited edition item on the same account is beyond me. You're basically asking for them to cancel it

My favorite is when people pop in to say they cancelled their "XXXX" (Master's Edition, in this case).  Oh really? cool.  thanks!  :lol:

Why anyone would try to order two of the same limited edition item on the same account is beyond me. You're basically asking for them to cancel it
Because they've had limits on previous Nintendo items before (i.e. amiibos) and you the max you could order was two. When the CE went live, you could order 10 copies but I made it a point to stick to 2 copies. I knew there would be SOME risk but didn't think in light of said reasons that it was going to be guaranteed for sure. So for the time being, I'm just gonna have to sweat this out.

Guys, I don't know how to contain my excitement for this game. What the hell am I supposed to do with myself for the next 6 weeks? I'm out of work with medical stuff, so nothing to do but wait. I've watched damn near everyone's play though of the first 20 minutes.

I think I'm going to go insane.

Guys, I don't know how to contain my excitement for this game. What the hell am I supposed to do with myself for the next 6 weeks? I'm out of work with medical stuff, so nothing to do but wait. I've watched damn near everyone's play though of the first 20 minutes.

I think I'm going to go insane.
Going? :)

Mine's still alive, i have 2 ME on 2 different transaction. those that were cancelled, did you order multiple on the same transaction?

Console Bundle vs. The Master Edition.  I know i'll get one.  Not sure which.

Edit:

If the master edition comes out for the Wii U version I'll get that.  I can always get the switch bundle etc...  Something tells me the Wii U version will be a limited release since they'll be focusing on the new console.

I ordered 3 limited editions on bestbuy. Hope I'm okay considering they supposedly allow you to buy 3 of the same game. Inb4 anyone asks I bought 2 for myself and 1 for my gf. I'm opening 1 and keeping the other sealed. 

If the master edition comes out for the Wii U version I'll get that. I can always get the switch bundle etc... Something tells me the Wii U version will be a limited release since they'll be focusing on the new console.
Spoiler Alert: It's not...

Something very strange and frustrating just happened. Received an email from Amazon saying there was an issue processing a payment on my account. Turns out it's specifically this pre-order, which was paid using gift cards (1 ME + 1 SE). Contact them via chat, no help. Say I have to cancel and reorder, or they won't ship on release and can't tell me what the payment issue is. I asked for any alternative, they offered none. So I called instead. Woman I spoke with similarly has no damn clue what's going on. But, we eventually came to a (sort-of) solution. She cancelled the Special Edition (which I was already debating whether or not to keep) so she could change the payment info, and gave me a $20 discount on the Master Edition for the hassle, bringing it down to $83.99.

So, all in all I didn't come out too bad. Bummer I lost the Special Edition but hey, someone who wants will get it hopefully. But now I have to figure what is up with these damn gift cards...

I ordered 3 limited editions on bestbuy. Hope I'm okay considering they supposedly allow you to buy 3 of the same game. Inb4 anyone asks I bought 2 for myself and 1 for my gf. I'm opening 1 and keeping the other sealed.
Yes Bestbuy GCU states you can buy 3 of the same game, but both Master and Special Edition will give an message saying 1 per customer if you try to add more than 1 in cart. Now you can order 3 separate orders, but people here has also reported in the past of having their orders canceled citing exceeded maximum quantity. Now I don't think they ban your GCU for this though, they just cancel your orders.

Yes Bestbuy GCU states you can buy 3 of the same game, but both Master and Special Edition will give an message saying 1 per customer if you try to add more than 1 in cart. Now you can order 3 separate orders, but people here has also reported in the past of having their orders canceled citing exceeded maximum quantity. Now I don't think they ban your GCU for this though, they just cancel your orders.
If this were to happen, do you know how close to launch date these incidents start happening? I'd like to know how long I have to sweat it out

I've never had a problem doing three separate orders of anything gaming related limited to 1 copy at Best Buy. Done it many times.

I've never had a problem doing three separate orders of anything gaming related limited to 1 copy at Best Buy. Done it many times.
Even with limited editions? I kinda wish I ordered mine on separate accounts now =/ Mainly laziness and liking everything on 1 account that stopped me.

It's completely random. Depending on whether they catch it or not. I'm also sure how rare the item is makes a difference. Im sure they're not gonna cancel an order of a item that's still in stock after awhile, even if there's a limit set.

Even with limited editions? I kinda wish I ordered mine on separate accounts now =/ Mainly laziness and liking everything on 1 account that stopped me.
Especially limited editions. Those are pretty much the only things where I've ever bought multiples.

It's completely random. Depending on whether they catch it or not.
Okay, well I've never had something cancelled except for OOS situations like Majora's Mask console.

Fire Emblem Fates special editions, Wticher: Wild Hunt CEs, Juggernog Editions, amiibos when they were new, Pokemon Go, Tales of Berseria CE, and on and on. It's not random when a person has never had a cancellation. Maybe they treat Elite and Elite Plus members orders differently? I put in 3 orders for 3 Zelda BotW SEs the other day too. I've never ordered more than three of something, because that is the GCU limit.

It's completely random. Depending on whether they catch it or not. I'm also sure how rare the item is makes a difference. Im sure they're not gonna cancel an order of a item that's still in stock after awhile, even if there's a limit set.
Would they cancel all 3 orders or do they at least leave one? I have one order I made that has 2 zelda amiibos in it as well and I don't want that one cancelled since I got a good deal on it thanks to the visa deal

Would they cancel all 3 orders or do they at least leave one? I have one order I made that has 2 zelda amiibos in it as well and I don't want that one cancelled since I got a good deal on it thanks to the visa deal
They leave you 1 and cancel the extras

Especially limited editions. Those are pretty much the only things where I've ever bought multiples.

Okay, well I've never had something cancelled except for OOS situations like Majora's Mask console.

Fire Emblem Fates special editions, Wticher: Wild Hunt SEs, Juggernog Editions, amiibos when they were new, and on and on. It's not random when a person has never had a cancellation. Maybe they treat Elite and Elite Plus members orders differently? I put in 3 orders for 3 Zelda BotW SEs the other day too.
1 more question for you my good sir. I ordered 3 limited editions and decided to change cards and since bestbuy doesn't allow you to switch the card that you originally ordered with, I had to cancel those ones and order 3 with the correct card. What I'm asking is if you think that will be an issue for me since I essentially ordered 6 even though I cancelled 3 of them. And just to clarify, I never had more than 3 ordered at any given time. I just needed to switch credit cards so I had to cancel the original 3

bread's done
Back